The Official 2015 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

Options

Comments

• ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You right about that, none of these dudes show any kind of passion for what they're doing on the court. The beast came out of AD last year but now that dude is no where to be found this season. I disagree with Dunn not being athletic, he may not be on some Russell Westbrook ferocious type ? but dude throws it down on break away dunks, especially coming off of steals. With the exception of AD, we got so many damn Smitty below the rim type players on this team. Tyreke always go to the rim but he ain't dunking on nobody.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You right about that, none of these dudes show any kind of passion for what they're doing on the court. The beast came out of AD last year but now that dude is no where to be found this season. I disagree with Dunn not being athletic, he may not be on some Russell Westbrook ferocious type ? but dude throws it down on break away dunks, especially coming off of steals. With the exception of AD, we got so many damn Smitty below the rim type players on this team. Tyreke always go to the rim but he ain't dunking on nobody.

It's because they don't give a ? about the game. Last night game was evident of this. This ? Tyreke Evans could be a top 5 sg in the league for years, but he and others on the team are a waste of talent and space who don't give a ? about anything on the court or lack the IQ and passion to play the game. 4 seasons is enough for me. I'm done with this "maybe.....maybe not" having team bruh.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pelicans go off last night. Common denominator is Tyreke Evans. I wish they would have kept Ish Smith.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    ''We are working right now and we will do what's needed to get this team on track,'' Demps said. ''Obviously we have dug ourselves a deep hole and it's going to be tough for us to fight back into it this year but we're always looking for the long term as well as the short term. We haven't given up on the season.''

''You know people always ask about trades, 'Are you're going to make a trade or you are going to do something on the short term?' We've got to do something that makes sense. We can't just make a trade to make a trade. We just can't get rid of a guy and bring back lesser talent or is going to make the team deficient. So we're looking right now, but we got to be smart and make sure we're looking at the right things. But at the same time we're also going to look internally and see if we can find the right combinations out there on the floor that can help win right now.''

@silverfoxx i don't know if you missed Dell's comments this past week but he says he's not going to tank the season and trade everybody for nothing. We're either gonna finish the season in the middle of the pack of teams with losing records or we make the 8th seed again. With the current roster constructed we're still too good to finish with one of the worst records in the league unless these players just quit on Alvin Gentry for the rest of the season.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • caddo man
    Options
    Get the rebound at least. But once again Tyreke is not needed. Should have kept Ish and traded Tyreke for a scoring SF. Now they may have to send Gordon or Anderson. I say stay pat and ride this season out. Draft a SF or tall SG. Let Gordon or Anderson walk or sign both if you can. One will be traded before the season end. Trade Tyreke for whatever you didnt draft.

Just cant pull a 76ers. But if you do.........................................If so trade Gordon, Anderson for draft picks. Trade Tyreke for a mid-level responsible vet. That way you have three draft picks and a good role model vet. You still have Jrue, AD, and the centers. Draft SG and SF and then a scoring PG. Problem is it will take another three years to get the draft pick up to speed and AD signed for 6 years. He has a five-year, $145 million extension that starts in the 2016-2017 season.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    I rather see Toney Douglas get the minutes Norris Cole gets when Tyreke doesn't play.
  • silverfoxx
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Eric Gordon out 4-6 weeks with a broken finger, the floor spacing is about to get horrendously worse for AD considering the only other guard being able to hit 3's on a consistent basis is Jrue Holiday and Gentry seems intent on keeping him coming off the bench.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i heard jrue said he wanted to keep coming off the bench, not sure how true that is

im curious tho

how would yall feel if rudy ? was traded to yall?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i heard jrue said he wanted to keep coming off the bench, not sure how true that is

im curious tho

how would yall feel if rudy ? was traded to yall?

not good...he a FA after 2017
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Jrue is gonna have to start, their's no way this team can get by an entire month with Norris Cole, Tyreke, and Dante as the 1, 2, and 3 along with Asik at the 5. AD might as well don't even bother trynna get to the basket with that lineup. Tyreke has improved as a 3pt shooter but he's not a high volume 3pt shot maker and Norris Cole is the WOAT 3 pt shooter, decision maker, and defender who I prefer not to see playing at all to begin with.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    I feel so bad for Norris Cole.
  • AP21
    Options
    Pels shopping Ryno
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Pels shopping Ryno

No kidding
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Absolutely ? embarrassing that Dell Demps wouldn't just trade Ryan Anderson and a role player over to the Magic for Tobias Harris. I hate this ? dude as our GM and hopes he get fired.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Absolutely ? embarrassing that Dell Demps wouldn't just trade Ryan Anderson and a role player over to the Magic for Tobias Harris. I hate this ? dude as our GM and hopes he get fired.

Dont see how he survives for real. Hopefully a change is made soon. If he can trade Asik then he can stay another two years. LOL!
  • AP21
    Options
    well the magic were looking for a guard...Ryan Anderson doesnt fit that need

lol...c'mon zydeco
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Brandon Jennings ain't starting over Elfrid Payton, so why even mention him as the key piece in that trade? They just wanted to dump Harris because he and Scott Skiles never been on the same page since their Milwaukee days.
  • AP21
    Options
    Brandon Jennings ain't starting over Elfrid Payton, so why even mention him as the key piece in that trade? They just wanted to dump Harris because he and Scott Skiles never been on the same page since their Milwaukee days.

they are still waiting for Payton to finally be consistent at the position or provide stability, and right now, he's not there. They arent giving up on him, just trying to lessen the burden on him so that he doesnt get too overwhelmed. having jennings helps that.

Also, Ryno has expressed he wants to test out FA. Why would orlando, the team that traded him to the pels in the first place, take him back, only for him to bail in the summer?
  • caddo man
    Options

they are still waiting for Payton to finally be consistent at the position or provide stability, and right now, he's not there. They arent giving up on him, just trying to lessen the burden on him so that he doesnt get too overwhelmed. having jennings helps that.

Also, Ryno has expressed he wants to test out FA. Why would orlando, the team that traded him to the pels in the first place, take him back, only for him to bail in the summer?

Playoff teams have expressed a rental fee. A draft pick will do. The Pels are losing him and EG.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Scott Skiles didn't want Tobias Harris anymore bruh, that's the str8 to the point answer, the rest of that ? you talking is semantics that they'll eventually work over time on their own. This is a risk taking profession, nothing is just flatout guaranteed.
  • AP21
    Options
    Scott Skiles didn't want Tobias Harris anymore bruh, that's the str8 to the point answer, the rest of that ? you talking is semantics that they'll eventually work over time on their own. This is a risk taking profession, nothing is just flatout guaranteed.

im not debating if this was a legit issue

relax

im saying, combined with what you said, its not beyond belief that what i said wasnt also plausible in the grand scheme of things.

• AP21
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Playoff teams have expressed a rental fee. A draft pick will do. The Pels are losing him and EG.

i say giving up a draft pick is only the LAST resort

this is the first time they've had all of their picks in quite some time...dont just give them away.