The Official 2015 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never met a so called 'real ? ' that takes pride personally beefing with a ? on a message board til I encountered someone like you as well, that's just facts and I'm 34, I think I seen enough in my time to decipher real men from cowards.
    Man I have no idea Wat in the ? ur babbling about

We talking bout basketball n u talking some "pro black" "real ? " "real men" ? , like u got real life anna

? lighten yo tough ass the ? up, every time someone on here slightly disagree u catch attitude like the grandma nobody in the family likes , then u say it's thinking for yourself. ? that's cool but when u a contrarian just for the sake of not agreeing with others u look like an idiot (live for example) n ? will have fun n roast ol "if y'all don't stop making fun of me I'm blowing up the school" ass ? . Then u say u 34 so clearly u too old for this Fugazi tough ? , chill n take a joke ?

I don't care about beef on here this ? is entertainment, I don't profess to b others idea of a "real ? ", and if u think me liking ass is fraudulent pro black that's ur problem. Idk how someone joking makes u think they cowardly but I could care less. Apparently u do care however that u act like a sassy ? on here n ? point it out

Maybe ur not even talking to me so my bad, I think lol

This ain't the NBA thread, I can link you there if you lost?

My fault, I thought the pelicans were in the NBA, clearly this is my ? up here
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zydeco...you gotta get laid or something brah...why are you so damn aggressive in all your rebuttals? So because people dont agree with you, you resort to name calling? Show me a post where i have done that to you to warrant such a response?

Do you really think Dell was gon say the truth to the media when his job has been in question since the beginning of the season? Like for real? you think that?

The pelicans couldnt move Anderson for a myriad of reasons.

For starters, a team HAS to want him. Once that is established, now the asking price has to be established. Ryan has gon on record saying he wants to test FA. He has an expiring deal, and the league has shifted away from coveting expiring deals in lieu of draft picks. Why would anyone sign him knowing its a high probability he wont resign?

Why doesnt that reason even sound plausible to you? Dude wants and is expected to command about $15M per. Thats what everyone is ? about Gordon making now. Do you think the Pels, even with a projected higher salary cap are going to want to tie that much money into him and his streaky shooting and lackluster defense? They learned their lesson from Gordon, I would think they wouldnt want to repeat themselves again.

Also, word in the league is that Dell wanted to send their first round pick with Anderson but management wouldnt let him. Do you think that was a good idea? I dont. Im glad it was blocked if that turns out to be true.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't believe teams were unwilling to trade bag of Starbursts for Ryan Anderson for fear of not being able to re-sign him in free agency. I do believe Dell was asking for more in return that teams wasn't willing to give up. You got your beliefs, I have mine, and the ? ain't changing so what do you really think you gonna achieve here by trying so damn hard?
  • AP21
    Options
    nah...no one is trying hard but you...all i've offered was my perspective based on things i've read.

I dont throw hissy fits when no one agrees with me.

you just appear to wanna argue just for the sake of arguing

Even when i've tried agreeing with you, you somehow manage to turn it into something else

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    zydeco...you gotta get laid or something brah...why are you so damn aggressive in all your rebuttals? So because people dont agree with you, you resort to name calling? Show me a post where i have done that to you to warrant such a response?

Do you really think Dell was gon say the truth to the media when his job has been in question since the beginning of the season? Like for real? you think that?

For starters, a team HAS to want him. Once that is established, now the asking price has to be established. Ryan has gon on record saying he wants to test FA. He has an expiring deal, and the league has shifted away from coveting expiring deals in lieu of draft picks. Why would anyone sign him knowing its a high probability he wont resign?

Why doesnt that reason even sound plausible to you? Dude wants and is expected to command about $15M per. Thats what everyone is ? about Gordon making now. Do you think the Pels, even with a projected higher salary cap are going to want to tie that much money into him and his streaky shooting and lackluster defense? They learned their lesson from Gordon, I would think they wouldnt want to repeat themselves again.

Also, word in the league is that Dell wanted to send their first round pick with Anderson but management wouldnt let him. Do you think that was a good idea? I dont. Im glad it was blocked if that turns out to be true.

Please oh please source that word you got for Dell wanting to trade our 1st with Ryno at. I need some links fam!
  • AP21
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Please oh please source that word you got for Dell wanting to trade our 1st with Ryno at. I need some links fam!

silver, contrary to what has been written about me, i dont just spout ? out to try and make myself look smart

Zach Lowe first reported it, then Probasketball Talk mentioned something along the same vein.

It is speculative and not definitive, but if history has taught us anything, you know, when there is smoke, there is fire somewhere.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14783975/the-nba-trade-deadline-full-big-names-cap-questions

The Pels and Rockets once flirted about a Ryan Anderson-Omer Asik swap, and the Pelicans now have both to send to Houston in exchange for Howard. But the Pelicans are sifting through a pile of potential Anderson offers, and teams have gotten the impression that Dell Demps, the New Orleans general manager, might not have the freedom to toss in a first-rounder after dealing three picks for Jrue Holiday and Asik. Other teams have offered to slap top-of-the-lottery protections onto New Orleans' 2016 pick, but that hasn't swayed the Pelicans, sources say. Teams are also confused about whether Mickey Loomis, a top executive for Tom Benson's New Orleans Saints, has the final say over Demps.
  • silverfoxx
    Options

silver, contrary to what has been written about me, i dont just spout ? out to try and make myself look smart

Zach Lowe first reported it, then Probasketball Talk mentioned something along the same vein.

It is speculative and not definitive, but if history has taught us anything, you know, when there is smoke, there is fire somewhere.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14783975/the-nba-trade-deadline-full-big-names-cap-questions

The Pels and Rockets once flirted about a Ryan Anderson-Omer Asik swap, and the Pelicans now have both to send to Houston in exchange for Howard. But the Pelicans are sifting through a pile of potential Anderson offers, and teams have gotten the impression that Dell Demps, the New Orleans general manager, might not have the freedom to toss in a first-rounder after dealing three picks for Jrue Holiday and Asik. Other teams have offered to slap top-of-the-lottery protections onto New Orleans' 2016 pick, but that hasn't swayed the Pelicans, sources say. Teams are also confused about whether Mickey Loomis, a top executive for Tom Benson's New Orleans Saints, has the final say over Demps.

Appreciate the drop fam. Dell is an ass head
  • AP21
    Options
    nice win last night
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Defense still lagging Westbrook drove when he wanted to. But the offense was buzzing. I truly believe they should go after Jordan Mickey and develop him as a small center.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    They saying Eric Gordon is gonna return tomorrow, this team is gonna end up winning 30 something odd games to close out the season which more than likely will put that 1st rounder outside the top 5. This can potentially lead to the same core being brought back again next season, unless ya'll see Dell spending all that money on Nic Batum or ? forbids Harrison Barnes as the prize in free agency?
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    y'all heard about this ? right here

Anthony Davis dropped an absolute bombshell this afternoon in his press availability. Discussing his injuries that have put him out for the remainder of the season Davis mentioned that he has played with a torn labrum in his left shoulder for three years. Three years! The New Orleans Pelicans training staff, hypothetically, knew of this injury and Davis played through.

On the plus side, this new information should eliminate once and for all any concerns about AD's toughness. For three seasons Davis has played through injury and averaged over 20 points and 10 rebounds a game. DeMarcus Cousins is the only other player league-wide to accomplish that feat. In addition Davis has finished with a player efficiency rating of 4th, 1st, and 7th in the last three seasons.

Davis said in the interview that he will be out for 4-5 months. In addition, Davis will not participate with Team USA this summer in the Olympic Games.

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2016/3/21/11278114/anthony-davis-played-three-seasons-torn-labrum-new-orleans-pelicans
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said it before and I'll say it again

Fire EVERYBODY.

Only AD is safe
  • AP21
    Options
    well...kinda hard to say fire everybody when this is Gentry's first year, so i think its probably on Demps at this point
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Yes this was reported like 3 days ago, I just been so depressed as a fan of this ? franchise that I just don't even have the urge to report any more news on them. These ? clowns will win dumb games at the end and ? up their lottery chances. WATCH.

Then Demps will trade our 11 pick for a "young vet" ridiculed with injuries and a hot roastbeef po boy. This Organization is WOAT.
  • jee504
    Options
    There is a cosign, goat, ether and lol in that post fam smmfh
  • jee504
    Options
    Roast beef po boy is a goat by the way next to a hot sausage po boy lol
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just hope we don't finish with a better record than Sacramento, no telling how the first 5 picks gonna play out, I just know Sacramento will most likely target a 2 guard in the lottery since McLemore is a bust and we don't need them taking the last best few wing players left in the draft that could be had by the time it's our turn to pick. It would be very surprising if Hield or Murray lasted all the way to the 7th pick tho. Luwawu and Valentine could be this team's last hope in the lottery to officially move on from Eric Gordon tho.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    Roast beef po boy is a goat by the way next to a hot sausage po boy lol

Monster wasn't lying...

https://youtu.be/hoi0sa8co4o
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    I just hope we don't finish with a better record than Sacramento, no telling how the first 5 picks gonna play out, I just know Sacramento will most likely target a 2 guard in the lottery since McLemore is a bust and we don't need them taking the last best few wing players left in the draft that could be had by the time it's our turn to pick. It would be very surprising if Hield or Murray lasted all the way to the 7th pick tho. Luwawu and Valentine could be this team's last hope in the lottery to officially move on from Eric Gordon tho.

I'm not sure if it was you, someone on here clowned me for wanting a guard tho.
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited March 2016
    Options

Man, this entire time I only been looking at the wing prospects. The people saying we should draft a center to me is laughable considering how useless a traditional center will be utilized under Gentry. Plus, we play in the West, where Golden State makes traditional centers useless, on top of how much money we already have invested into the underutilized centers currently on the roster, it just doesn't makes sense to me truthfully.
  • silverfoxx
    Options

Man, this entire time I only been looking at the wing prospects. The people saying we should draft a center to me is laughable considering how useless a traditional center will be utilized under Gentry. Plus, we play in the West, where Golden State makes traditional centers useless, on top of how much money we already have invested into the underutilized centers currently on the roster, it just doesn't makes sense to me truthfully.

So you would be cool with a guard? I prefer wings too, but any in the lotto would be a stretch. As far as somehow getting a second 1st rounder and drafting a "project " wing like Dwayne Bacon then I'm all for it. Or even the dude from Providence...? we could Draft Dunn and his teammate and I'll be ecstatic.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    I prefer to draft someone that can be leaned on to contribute immediately next season. Pure projects where we just wasting years looking for some semblance of hope just don't make sense at this point in AD's tenure, we're already to deep in the game to waste years with him when the clock begins to start ticking next season on his tenure here. So, the 'trade back' crew for more projects is laughable to me too but whatever.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    I prefer to draft someone that can be leaned on to contribute immediately next season. Pure projects where we just wasting years looking for some semblance of hope just don't make sense at this point in AD's tenure, we're already to deep in the game to waste years with him when the clock begins to start ticking next season on his tenure here. So, the 'trade back' crew for more projects is laughable to me too but whatever.

So your saying prospects like Heild, Dunn, Valentine, etc?
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

So your saying prospects like Heild, Dunn, Valentine, etc?

Yep, I really think a player Valentine will transfer, he's way more than just a 3 point shooter, so if we can at least come out of this draft with him depending on where we selecting, I think we'll be fine.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    They need a tall wing or another shooting guard. If they go Shooting guard first Valentine/Murray/Heild then they need to go Taurean Prince in the second round.

I like Heild in this offense. Instant offense. Can catch and shoot. Confident even when the shot is not falling. Doesnt mind taking the last shot from anywhere on the court. Can drive and create separation. My type of player.