Options

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    IceManKam wrote: »
    Can't believe we kept Cole man.

Lol Cole maybe out the league soon. He a good dude man, but dude is playing bad this year. Wish the best for him though.

The offense is not his forte!
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a question that someone may have already brought up. How much is it Mickey Loomis and his habit for bad contract or Demps and his bad scouting.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok...im gonna try and remain calm

no arguments about the roster...for better or worse, these guys will finish out the season in NOLA

re: coaching

Crude, did you read what Van Gundy wanted to become the coach? What if Thibs didnt want the job? I can only blame Gentry for ? like, bad substitutions, or bad minute management...you know...things he can actually have influence on. But the pelicans, believe it or not, lead the damn league in points out of the timeout, a stat that im sure, they were near the bottom of the league last year. I only use that as an example of something a coach can influence. He or ANY coach for that matter cannot influence injuries. He can only play the guys that are available

Speaking of Thibs, did you watch Chicago during his tenure? Yea, they made the playoffs, but he was a terrible game manager and now guys like Noah are starting to pay for it b/c their health is deteriorating at an absurd pace. While i still think D.Rose's very first ACL incident was a freak accident, iirc, they were up by a large margain with a few minutes in the game...why was he still in the game? You blame that on the coach.

I think ya'll are being unfair to Gentry. Again, i dont know how well this team would be with a healthy roster, but just think about this, it took a tiebreaker win in OKC last season for them to make the playoffs, so lets not act like they were one of the West's elite teams or something. So, you can say they slightly overachieved last year.

If he had a healthy roster, and the team still underperformed, then i would be right along with ya'll but my goodness, ya'll ready to blow it up after one season? A season filled with injuries? c'mon ya'll damn. Im frustrated too, but ya'll must not remember the Tim Floyd days or the Jeff Bower days. It used to be a LOT worse.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I have a question that someone may have already brought up. How much is it Mickey Loomis and his habit for bad contract or Demps and his bad scouting.

If things don't change drastically next season I can see Mickey firing both Demps and Gentry in the offseason, Gentry is basically on a 3 year deal with a team option for the 4th, and at least the Dell made sure he's not breaking bank, so firing him before the 3rd season wouldn't be difficult to eat financially.

Mickey might not know much about the NBA but he at least gotta know that time and leverage are never on the organization's side in the NBA in regards to the entitlement of these new generation of NBA star players, and that the time Antony still being with this franchise can be slowly ticking away.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @AP21 there is no way in hell you going to tell me a team like Portland has better personel from top to bottom than the Pelicans.

The Pelicans lack of defensive commitment is directly reflective of coaching as well as our best player AD looking uninspired at times.

I will never except mediocrity hell we not even mediocre though we just sorry and just because we were sorry in the Floyd and Bower days doesn't mean I'm going to be accepting of it now.
  • AP21
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    @AP21 there is no way in hell you going to tell me a team like Portland has better personel from top to bottom than the Pelicans.

The Pelicans lack of defensive commitment is directly reflective of coaching as well as our best player AD looking uninspired at times.

I will never except mediocrity hell we not even mediocre though we just sorry and just because we were sorry in the Floyd and Bower days doesn't mean I'm going to be accepting of it now.

again....teams like portland have had something the pelicans havent...stability at certain positions and have been relatively healthy. On paper, the projected starting 5 for the pels that entered the season and the bench to me, is better than portland, but thats why you play the game

my point for bringing up Floyd and Bowers is b/c lets not act like the pels have a history of franchise excellence. The CP years were dope but couldnt yield anything past the 2nd round.

And you a ref, you know how basketball is supposed to be played. How many times as a ref, have you been in a game, the coach tells the players what to do, but the players do something totally different? How is that on the coach?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AD the GOAT. He was fouled at the end though but whatever ever. First 50+/20 game in 15 years
  • Crude_
    Options
    AD the truth but garbage supporting cast, coaching, and front office.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson brought back in free agency.
  • AP21
    Options
    lol..that aint happening
  • Crude_
    Options
    So we trying to go on a winning streak I see messing up getting in the lottery smh.
  • AP21
    Options
    they lost last night crude...da hell you tom bout? lol
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    ? wack me but underestimate the power of loyalty displayed to players by Dell Demps who's still the GM of this team. If that's not the case then why the ? was Ryan Anderson not traded for a bag of Skittles and a draft pick at the trade deadline? For fear of losing him in free agency? ? outta here ? ...
  • AP21
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ? wack me but underestimate the power of loyalty displayed to players by Dell Demps who's still the GM of this team. If that's not the case then why the ? was Ryan Anderson not traded for a bag of Skittles and a draft pick at the trade deadline? For fear of losing him in free agency? ? outta here ? ...

i dont think you understand how supply and demand work

the expiring contract no longer holds the prestige it once did and teams dont want to commit to someone who in all likelihood, wont sign a deal with them in FA

let me ask you this, would you give up a draft pick to ship him out?
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited February 2016
    Options
    There was an article on NOLA this past week where Ryan Anderson said the reason he wasn't traded was because Dell Demps still believed in the group, so I can either take the fake intellectual ? you saying or the ? Ryan Anderson is saying for what it's worth. Going by the history of Dell Demps, I'll think I'll believe in what Ryan Anderson is saying more, since Dell Demps is still the GM of the team.

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2016/02/ryan_anderson_says_no_major_tr.html#incart_river_mobile_index

^^Here's the link
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao bruh stay with a sassy attitude
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Can't respect no so called 'black' man on here trying to constantly tell another black man how to think for himself. Might as well drop the fraudulent 'proud to be black' act on here.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Wat the ? is u crying about?
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Never met a so called 'real ? ' that takes pride personally beefing with a ? on a message board til I encountered someone like you as well, that's just facts and I'm 34, I think I seen enough in my time to decipher real men from cowards.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    @ZydecoShawty fam I hope that article has no legs, if it's real then Demps ? gotta go. It's a pride thing now. Dude foolish to believe that this core is not doing it. This ? done lost his damn mind. If he stays I promise y'all he will trade our pick for a "young vet" smh. This ? is officially a ? ? .
  • silverfoxx
    Options

I wacked the idea of keeping Ryno and Gordon, not you. I'll remove it if it's a big deal to you lol.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Never met a so called 'real ? ' that takes pride personally beefing with a ? on a message board til I encountered someone like you as well, that's just facts and I'm 34, I think I seen enough in my time to decipher real men from cowards.
    Man I have no idea Wat in the ? ur babbling about

We talking bout basketball n u talking some "pro black" "real ? " "real men" ? , like u got real life anna

? lighten yo tough ass the ? up, every time someone on here slightly disagree u catch attitude like the grandma nobody in the family likes , then u say it's thinking for yourself. ? that's cool but when u a contrarian just for the sake of not agreeing with others u look like an idiot (live for example) n ? will have fun n roast ol "if y'all don't stop making fun of me I'm blowing up the school" ass ? . Then u say u 34 so clearly u too old for this Fugazi tough ? , chill n take a joke ?

I don't care about beef on here this ? is entertainment, I don't profess to b others idea of a "real ? ", and if u think me liking ass is fraudulent pro black that's ur problem. Idk how someone joking makes u think they cowardly but I could care less. Apparently u do care however that u act like a sassy ? on here n ? point it out

Maybe ur not even talking to me so my bad, I think lol
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited February 2016
    Options
    We all seen how Dell Demps operates, he wasn't gonna tear it all down to suck for a high lottery pick. I been trying to scrape up the little insight provided to the media from the GM himself to you all season, you wacking what I said wasn't really the issue honestly.
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    @ZydecoShawty fam I hope that article has no legs, if it's real then Demps ? gotta go. It's a pride thing now. Dude foolish to believe that this core is not doing it. This ? done lost his damn mind. If he stays I promise y'all he will trade our pick for a "young vet" smh. This ? is officially a ? ? .

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    We all seen how Dell Demps operates, he wasn't gonna tear it all down to suck for a high lottery pick. I been trying to scrape up the little insight provided to the media from the GM himself to you all season, you wacking what I said wasn't really the issue honestly.

Wat was it then , bad day at work?
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Man I have no idea Wat in the ? ur babbling about

We talking bout basketball n u talking some "pro black" "real ? " "real men" ? , like u got real life anna

? lighten yo tough ass the ? up, every time someone on here slightly disagree u catch attitude like the grandma nobody in the family likes , then u say it's thinking for yourself. ? that's cool but when u a contrarian just for the sake of not agreeing with others u look like an idiot (live for example) n ? will have fun n roast ol "if y'all don't stop making fun of me I'm blowing up the school" ass ? . Then u say u 34 so clearly u too old for this Fugazi tough ? , chill n take a joke ?

I don't care about beef on here this ? is entertainment, I don't profess to b others idea of a "real ? ", and if u think me liking ass is fraudulent pro black that's ur problem. Idk how someone joking makes u think they cowardly but I could care less. Apparently u do care however that u act like a sassy ? on here n ? point it out

Maybe ur not even talking to me so my bad, I think lol

This ain't the NBA thread, I can link you there if you lost?