The Official 2015 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

Options

Comments

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These injuries are just depressing me man. It's like we are cursed by George Shinn or something. I don't understand how injuries are a constant main storyline every.damn.year.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    so when does the panic start to sink in?

When everybody comes back healthy and the team continues to struggle collectively.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's depressing to look at the standings and see these mofos all the way at the bottom. It's lonely down there.
    We ain't eatin, b. One win. That ? is singular not plural. One ? win. Might as well take that 1 and bend that ? into a L.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah but look at the injuries. If ? keep going down hill after everyone gets back then it is panic time.
  • jee504
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Yeah but look at the injuries. If ? keep going down hill after everyone gets back then it is panic time.

Bruh I hear what you saying but we been having injury problems for years. When the last time we were at full strength with everybody 100%? Either these dudes are Humpty Dumpty, the trainers are remedial or it's a little bit of both.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Ryan is the best white america in the NBA? lol
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    So Ryan is the best white america in the NBA? lol

Yes. He is this generations Larry Bird
  • jee504
    Options
    2 game winning streak
    yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 game winning streak
    yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif

funny how differently a relatively healthy team plays huh?

Also helps that Ryno has been playing lights out!!

Ish Smith makes Norris Cole expendable now
  • AP21
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Bruh I hear what you saying but we been having injury problems for years. When the last time we were at full strength with everybody 100%? Either these dudes are Humpty Dumpty, the trainers are remedial or it's a little bit of both.

read that the pelicans had the same training staff as the Saints

Yikes

i thought they upgraded

if this is true, Benson is running this team like a hobby instead of a business

and if anyone has paid attention to Benson, dude is clearly out of it
  • AP21
    Options
    Reke and Cole are supposed to play tomorrow

awww ?
  • AP21
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Reke and Cole are supposed to play tomorrow

awww ?

tonights the night
  • AP21
    Options
    well, if the first quarter was any indication of what this team can be when healthy, then i like it

even though they lost, there were still a couple of positives i took from the game

i didnt expect to see Cole get so many minutes though. I would've played Ish more.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ish getting the start tonight.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Looking like the decision to move on from Eric Gordon in the offseason is already under way with his move to the bench. And I heard all offseason how he would be the one to benefit the most from this system.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking like the decision to move on from Eric Gordon in the offseason is already under way with his move to the bench. And I heard all offseason how he would be the one to benefit the most from this system.

That ? been trash for years now.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Dude is a complete all around below average player, ? scored 10 points in the 1st quarter last night and didn't score a single point for the rest of the game.
  • jee504
    Options
    Can we just gut this team and start over. Get rid of Gordon, Holiday and whoever else isn't worth it.
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited December 2015
    Options
    We're in for a long season, I'mma back of my prediction of us winning 30+ games and say we're only gonna win 20+. This season is a combination of under performing players, lackluster leadership being displayed from the team's franchise player, and just flatout poor coaching, especially on the defensive side. If we had absolutely no flexibility going into the offseason then I'd have to say that Dell Demps absolutely deserves to be fired immediately.
  • jee504
    Options
    Long season I agree. 63 more games of this ? .
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Can we just gut this team and start over. Get rid of Gordon, Holiday and whoever else isn't worth it.

I think we inherited some bad contracts with Holiday and Asik that won't be so easy to move without us giving up something.

I could be wrong I'm not a wiz nor do I follow contracts and stuff like some of y'all do but Holiday is always hurt and Asik has just been ass.

I don't think he's a good fit for this team anyway; they need to put an athletic big beside AD imo.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Gentry prefers to play small ball so the center position isn't likely to see heavy minutes, no matter who the player is. The only way Ajinca is seeing minutes is because Asik is stinking it up so bad.
  • AP21
    Options
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

I think we inherited some bad contracts with Holiday and Asik that won't be so easy to move without us giving up something.

I could be wrong I'm not a wiz nor do I follow contracts and stuff like some of y'all do but Holiday is always hurt and Asik has just been ass.

I don't think he's a good fit for this team anyway; they need to put an athletic big beside AD imo.

Y'all resigned asik for 5 years/60 mil in the summer. No inheritance there