The Official 2015 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ yall's outrageous and ridiculous disdain for eric gordon

lmao @ bruh takin out his feelings on nba live being trash in here against ? who root for the same team
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can we all get along?
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Btw I believe the Pelicans will beat the Warriors on Saturday. The Pels at home is a different team. Plus our home opener against a team that will assume that we will be a cake walk? Win
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Can we all get along?

i aint got no problem with dude tbh
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This Darren Erman guy is starting to look pretty overrated @silverfoxx
  • silverfoxx
    Options

If you watched the game, our defense played aite, but Curry made our defense look horrible. He was contested, and still drained threes on us.And it doesnt help that he can pass amazingly. Dude ? embarrassed us bruh.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

If you watched the game, our defense played aite, but Curry made our defense look horrible. He was contested, and still drained threes on us.And it doesnt help that he can pass amazingly. Dude ? embarrassed us bruh.

C.J. McCollum embarrassed us too, I can't seem to differentiate here buddy.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We suck man we ? suck.
    I know it's only 3 games but damn smmfh
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    We suck man we ? suck.
    I know it's only 3 games but damn smmfh

Lol hang in there y'all. We played the champs back twice. Won't see them hoes until March again. Our next couple games should bring us back to regular schedule programming.

If y'all didn't watch the game, but check the stats and seen the score board it would look really bad. However, I walked away from the game ? and hopeless as usual win we facing Curry smh, but more optimistic with the system. Players are getting healthy, and it was even mentioned that Pondexter and Cole who are our heart and soul will be returning real soon. Also the passing is improving, and it took the Celtics 10 games in Erman system to get adjusted, but when they did they went from 23 to 11 in the NBA in defense.

This will be the HARDEST part about our season, getting adjusted and finding our lane. But once we do, and get healthy and find AD spots we will be a hard team to stop.
  • jee504
    Options
    Oh I'm riding with them no matter what. I just don't like all these points being given up. I just thought a little extra would have brought when they played GSW esp since they swept us last year. I just want the chemistry there and if we face them again to be ready in the playoffs.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sliverfoxx, stop making so much sense brah...lol

agree 100% with Silver. How can you establish any sort of consistency, trust, or chemistry when your core group of guys are all out at the same time then you bringing in dudes off the street and expect them to pick up a system like Erman's in a week? lulz

Then they played GS twice in 3 games. Steph Curry was the MVP for a reason. Thats just what he does. And CJ Mccollum is finally playing like the player they hoped he would be when they drafted him 3 years ago. It was just a good game by him. Why dont people like to give credit to the other team?
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    And it continues, 30 points to Evan Fournier 0_o
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Sigh ......

No comment man :(
  • jee504
    Options
    Difficult and depressing
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    TBH im gonna go ghost yall until we win a damn game. Im predicting us to lose to ATL by 35 on Friday. AD is frustrated, but he playing like a paid ? ? right now. He gotta stop starting games so lackadaisical and play high energy like he usually do.

Overall our team is filled with low IQ players that will take maybe 20 games to grasp this system.
  • silverfoxx
    edited November 2015
    Options
    BTW if any ? come at me or the Pels in the NBA thread im gonna do absolutely nothing about to their ? ? . Absolutely nothing bruh because i just,,,,,,,,,cant.
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The entire team is playing uninspired basketball but Anthony stands out the most. I don't think they're responding to Alvin Gentry which doesn't surprise me since that's been the problem for him everywhere he's been the head coach. Til this day I still don't understand how the the hell this team could come outta of training camp with so many damn injuries? For half the team to be injured in training camp is just completely unheard of.

That right there should've been the indication to everybody that this season is gonna be a complete disaster. We play in the Western Conference, you can't start out the season terribly and still expect to make the playoffs in the Western Conference, there's too many good teams.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Gordon and Anderson expiring contracts moved at the trade deadline in the mist of this disastrous season. There's no way in hell this team should overpay Eric Gordon for average production in the offseason. We need to find a taller 2 guard who can actually defend his position 1st while still being able to space the floor. Paying Eric Gordon $15+ million a year just to average less than 15 points a game just wouldn't make any sense and would ? future salary cap space to improve the team.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Trashboat.

We need a real 2 guard
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Nic Batum expires at the end of this season and is a realistic target I think this team should try and target in the offseason. He defends and stretches the floor and we could play him at the three, move Tyreke back to the 2, and keep Jrue at the 1 for more season until his contract expires at the end of that year. That's length, competent 3 pt shooting between Jrue and Batum, and defensive ability on the perimeter to be able to competently compete against the perimeter heavy teams of the West like Golden State and Oklahoma City.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not giving up yet. The team still wants to run a traditional offense while Gentry came here to push it. He needs to adjust his scheme a little to conform to the players.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    On offense, I came around and don't necessarily think it's the system that's the problem, it's the team collectively not converting on open looks. You combine players missing wide open shots and turnovers along with horrendous perimeter defense and you get the results of a team that appears headed towards the lottery, which I don't necessarily think is a bad way for this team to try and acquire more talent considering we appear to be stuck in mediocrity and slowly regressing.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Progress man.

We gotta build off this for tommorw in Dallas. Hopefully we can finally bring it in.