The Official 2015 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

Options

Comments

• AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess I'll come in and show my support. Being from south MS, I've been following the Pels since they first came to LA. They always held a preseason game at the Gulf Coast coliseum, so that's how they really won me over.
    I'm thinking we'll seed anywhere from 6th to 8th. Looking forward to more monster numbers from AD this year!
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With the ? being limited to 15 minutes a game til January?

recovering from a stress fracture. Its one of those things that require more rest than medicine to recover from

they dont wanna put him at risk this early in the season
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    If Jrue can stay healthy I could see us getting as high as a 5 seed.

I think AD will win defensive player of the year and I believe he'll make a serious run at MVP too.

5? that high?

I think they surprise a lot people this year and win around 52 games as long as AD stays relatively healthy.
  • AP21
    Options

I think AD will win defensive player of the year and I believe he'll make a serious run at MVP too.

5? that high?

I think they surprise a lot people this year and win around 52 games as long as AD stays relatively healthy.

52 games? hell nah
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Welcome back My Pelicans homies. It's gonna be a great damn year. These injuries will not hurt us, we got this. AD getting that MVP and Jrue Holiday WILL rise to second fiddle on this team. I predict a 6-7 seed.

I love my squad and the Pelicans fan base!!!!!! #Takeflight!
  • Crude_
    Options

5? that high?

52 games? hell nah

How many wins you thinking?
  • Crude_
    Options
    They won 45 games last year so y'all telling me with an improving Anthony Davis 7 more wins is being overly ambitious I don't think so.

The Warriors, Clippers, Spurs, and the Rockets are the best 4 teams out West.

Depending on how KD's foot is how I rank them, I expect them to get off to a slow start with KD being hobbled and implemented back into the offense along with a new rookie coach. They are the wild card in all this.

We as good as those other teams if AD plays up to his potential and those other guys stay healthy.
  • AP21
    Options
    its splitting hairs tbh b/c they are going to probably win some games that they 'arent supposed to win' and lose some they 'arent supposed to lose'

maybe 48

but again, EVERY team in their division made the playoffs. Nobody got weaker

San Antonio
    Memphis
    Houston
    Dallas

Find 50 wins. They will practically have to go undefeated against the east or something
  • AP21
    Options
    They won 45 games last year so y'all telling me with an improving Anthony Davis 7 more wins is being overly ambitious I don't think so.

The Warriors, Clippers, Spurs, and the Rockets are the best 4 teams out West.

Depending on how KD's foot is how I rank them, I expect them to get off to a slow start with KD being hobbled and implemented back into the offense along with a new rookie coach. They are the wild card in all this.

We as good as those other teams if AD plays up to his potential and those other guys stay healthy.

the biggest difference b/t those teams you listed and the pels is chemistry.

The core guys from those teams have been playing together, relatively healthy for a couple of years. The pels havent had that kind of "luck". AD is only one person and as great as a player AD is, he alone aint swinging wins in their direction like that.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    I just hope we dont get blown out against the warriors and embarrassed. Im hoping the Pelicans play with revenge and hate in their hearts based on the sweep the warriors gave us and the presentation of the Warriors and our damn coach getting a ring. I want AD to go HAM tonight so bad bruh. ? the Warriors and their WOAT colors. That ? gives me anxiety.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Damn Jrue out,,,,,,,,

we Screwed yall.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THE WARRIORS.

Lets Go Pels!
  • AP21
    Options
    It's one game lol
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not tripping over the first game of the year.
    Our biggest hurdles as a team for the past few years is injuries and chemistry. Idk if our trainers have some blame in that but it always seems we got someone knicked up. When have we been at full capacity with all of our starters.
    I hope at some point we can get everybody back and start gelling. AD can't do it all on his own.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    AD forced this game because he wanted to carry his team when 3-4 players was guarding him. Forcing him to take shots he normally don't do.

Jrue returns tonight, we gotta shake this one off and return to form in Portland.

Once we are healthy for real tho? Man we are gonna be dangerous AF. Our third bench players like Ish Smith is looking really good.
  • AP21
    Options
    one thing that stood out to me about Ish was how fast he was with the dribble

they said he was labeled as the 3rd fastest guy in the league behind Wall and Westbrook iirc

he is REALLY gonna push the tempo for the second unit.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    one thing that stood out to me about Ish was how fast he was with the dribble

they said he was labeled as the 3rd fastest guy in the league behind Wall and Westbrook iirc

he is REALLY gonna push the tempo for the second unit.

Ish Smith WANTED to be here too. Teams were reaching out to him after he got waived and he put them down to come here. And he is quick af. I wanna see him Cole together on the court.
  • AP21
    Options
    one thing that concerns me is how the guards arent looking for Ryno on the fast break

Ish ran down the middle, dished it to ryno in rhythm...swish

they need to do more of this
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Gentry trynna make AD a perimeter player in half-court sets.
  • AP21
    Options

thats not whats happening lol
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

thats not whats happening lol

AD is playing out on the perimeter more on both ends of the court. It was evident all throughout preseason and it's evident now.
  • silverfoxx
    edited October 2015
    Options
    This team is playing bad y'all. I won't suger coat ? .

They not playing with that normal hustle energy and doing the grind like they normally do. I get it, a new system, injuries, but AD is just playing lackadaisical which I wanna believe is mental and frustration, and im praying its not a carless "superstar finally got paid" type of thing.

I was expecting a 0-3 start, but not like this. I was expecting more of a put up a fight squad. Monty Williams must have had them ? scared because Gentry happy go lucky mentality is making us play careless.

No hustle for rebounds, no ball movement, miss free throws, no plays for AD, no high percentage shots, no PnR, etc.

We gotta get it together, or this season will be a HUUUUUUGE embarrassment.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Not feeling this new offense at all, I had a bad feeling that Gentry would make AD the last resort in the offense in favor of perimeter play from the guards and that's exactly what's happening. AD is being relegated primarily to a pick and roll, pick and pop player in this offense and I ? hate it. On top of that, we suck defensively.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Not feeling this new offense at all, I had a bad feeling that Gentry would make AD the last resort in the offense in favor of perimeter play from the guards and that's exactly what's happening. AD is being relegated primarily to a pick and roll, pick and pop player in this offense and I ? hate it. On top of that, we suck defensively.

Gonna take time to adjust brother. It's also not helping that injuries is forcing us to start 3rd and 4th strings.

Lucky for us, NBA season is early.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We looking shaky.

I. Smith getting too many minutes for my liking.