Bruh.. Who's Better Than Lupe Fiasco 'Rapping' Today In The Game?

Options

Comments

• Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe for ? who fake deep. Says a whole bunch of ? tryna sound smart but really dont be saying ? .

hahaha said lupe for deep shallow ?
  • endboss
    endboss Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Instigation complete lol
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Elect
    Focused Kendrick/AbSoul
    Wiz Khalifa
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Royce and budden and skyzoo
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lyrically lupe might be on top but with his last 2 albums not being anything special theres a bunch of rappers who put together higher quality music....takes a lot more then lyrical ability

Kendricks last two albums are better than lupes top 2

Since krit hit the scene hes put out more quality material

Same j cole

Id rather listen to buddens substance over lupe being lyrical about corny cartoons

The list can go on
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I was in the Air Force for 6 years and have a degree from the University of North Florida, I never bumped a Lupe song in my life but Barter 6 ridin tho nh.

As a vet that was an E-5 and a tech controller, I can tell you first hand that being in the AF does not equate to being intelligent. Nor does sitting through classes for however many years. Nice try though.

And I guess it isn't possible to just enjoy the type of music the ? brings to the genre, huh?

I remember being a teenager and the cats that was really doin it like that were the lyricists that made you shake your head and say, "Run that back." The last ? that really used to make me do that was 3 Stacks. It's a lost art, but one that I greatly appreciate.

And if music is art, and we look at Lupe's music as such, isn't it highly likely that what one person gets from a bar, verse, song is entirely different from what another person gets? I mean, isn't that what some of you defenders of "young ? ? " say? "You don't get it" "You don't have to like it. It's not for you."

But, alas... "it's harder than sitting with a blind man and -- tryna describe yellow..."
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    After Tetsuo & Youth, Nas is the only one I can think of to be honest.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's this misconception that ? are listening to Lupe to learn? I've never turned on a Lupe track with intentions to increase my knowledge. I listen to Lupe for wordplay, metaphors, and flow. He is a master of all 3. If anyone is actually listening to rappers to learn, they should find other means to acquire knowledge.

that misconception prolly comes from the same place as the misconception that if u simply dont fool with lupe like that u fall under these categories
    Dumb ? in their feelings
    Meester wrote: »
    Lupe's music aint for everyone to understand, its for kings to overstand.

lol it aint like ? just made up the "fake deep" thing outta nowhere
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick is ? to you ?
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    U say that lupe is better than Nas and Prodigy?
  • bamnboy7
    bamnboy7 Members Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Options
    Lupe cold
    But it's a lot of ? that's colder
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's this misconception that ? are listening to Lupe to learn? I've never turned on a Lupe track with intentions to increase my knowledge. I listen to Lupe for wordplay, metaphors, and flow. He is a master of all 3. If anyone is actually listening to rappers to learn, they should find other means to acquire knowledge.

that misconception prolly comes from the same place as the misconception that if u simply dont fool with lupe like that u fall under these categories
    Dumb ? in their feelings

You got trolled into making up "fake deep" all I had to do was say dumb ? don't understand Lupe and you came running holdin your skirt up to dispute that. Bama too predictable.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick >Lupe tho
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dumb ? in their feelings

No one expects you to be Alan Turing while listening to a rapper. Almost all of Lupe's material is stuff that a relatively normal black male in their mid 20's to mid 30's will have come across in their lifetime. Be it school, pop culture, being out in the world, etc.

And no one expects everyone to be on the same page as far as their opinions either. But even if you don't like the cat's music, if you've heard it, to say he isn't one of the most lyrically gifted emcees is just a stretch to me.

? in here like duke is a ? and that just isn't the case. That's all I'm saying.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Go check his last album thread and read all the "Wow Lupe dropping knowledge' posts and people trying to decipher 30 meanings out of each bar. Lupe is nice, super nice, but people often act like if you don't say he's the best or just say his music is alright then "it must be going over your head and you don't overstand it"
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that third verse on The Adoration of the Magi >>>>>
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nobody, man.

i havent heard Pharaoh Height but that changes right now.

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol this ? is pathetic.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Ab soul out rapped him twice