Bruh.. Who's Better Than Lupe Fiasco 'Rapping' Today In The Game?

Options

Comments

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://genius.com/Lupe-fiasco-mural-lyrics/

the breakdown of his lyrics are longer than the chapters in a book that teaches you how to put the internet together

and im an ? currently studying to do that

? i absurd the idk if there trolling or are they dead serious. it would take a normal man eons to sit down and write down the verses for mural and have such deep meaning in every line

i tried reading the whole ? but i started getting aggravated like how in the world is anybody supposed to catch any of that ? its like hes ? for himself in a language few understand

i tried getting into lupe of the strength of yall but the ? don't be saying anything relevant to the human being

its like hes clever and can put some amazing lines together but it aint ? musically sometimes

and don't me i not smart enough to get it or some stupid ? like that part of the challenge of being an lyricist is being able to display your skills but not in a way its too over the top and nobody get its

so none of you lupe fans going to explain this ?

My previous post, while not directed at you, is a more than adequate explanation.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read the whole thread y'all ? got me weak lol tbh I don't like Lupe that much or k.dot and cole. I respect there bars and what they speak on but I perfer big krit, wale, big sean, Drake over them
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Nas.

Lupe wrecking everyone else. Personally, I think Lupe vs. Kendrick should've popped off after "SLR 2" came out. K. Dot didn't want those problems, tho....
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    SLR 2 was 99.9 % ramble
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    lol , nah wayne might say questionable punchlines from time to time, but they're normally followed by dope punchlines. I don't even think there was 3 dope punchlines that entire song.

One of yall please drop 3 quotables
  • Like Water
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    lol , nah wayne might say questionable punchlines from time to time, but they're normally followed by dope punchlines. I don't even think there was 3 dope punchlines that entire song.

One of yall please drop 3 quotables

Why? You've heard the song and you know what it is. Why should anyone waste their time when you've already reached your conclusion? That's nonsensical. Lol.

You don't like duke, nor the praise he receives for his work, and that's glaringly apparent. It is what it is. He still in the business of rap with substance and meaning and doing philanthropy work that flies under the radar.

So as long he continues that trend, then I don't mind supporting son. ? all that other ? ? is on in here.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'd compare Lupe to Doom. In the sense that they are unique in their styles to the point where they can't be bitten.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    That's where you're wrong my brotha lol. I ? with dude ,but just like I would with my favorite artist, Ima call out ? when I see it. Lu is doing exactly what Em (one of my top 10 rappers) has been doin for the past 4 or so years, which is use their ingenious ability with the wordplay and flow , to make a bunch of mediocre bars sound way better than they are, and that's not impressive to me. That's exactly what he did on SLR2 and what he's been doin for a while now. They both can and have done better, but as of lately not so much.

For the record again, I ? with Lupe, I was listenin to those 1/15th mixtapes daily when they came out, but again I gotta be objective.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »
    Ranxx wrote: »
    TY was amazing but Lupe fans ruined it

Them ? know dot & lines made no sense at all but they came at my neck cause I actually said the ?

Fans ruined the music they didn't create?

This what I'm talking about ? you know what I mean

Yup. You're an idiot
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    And that was a nice dodge on the "drop 3 quotables" , cuz yall know that ? wasn't sayin a ? thing on that track and talkin bout "yea, Kendrick aint want no problems" lmaoooo man gtfoh lmaoo
  • Like Water
    Options
    That's where you're wrong my brotha lol. I ? with dude ,but just like I would with my favorite artist, Ima call out ? when I see it. Lu is doing exactly what Em (one of my top 10 rappers) has been doin for the past 4 or so years, which is use their ingenious ability with the wordplay and flow , to make a bunch of mediocre bars sound way better than they are, and that's not impressive to me. That's exactly what he did on SLR2 and what he's been doin for a while now. They both can and have done better, but as of lately not so much.

For the record again, I ? with Lupe, I was listenin to those 1/15th mixtapes daily when they came out, but again I gotta be objective.

I have no problems being objective. I hate Lasers and F&L2 is steeped in mediocrity. I actually prefer the "simple complex" style of his earlier music (Theme Song..., Failure, American Terrorist, his first two albums) to the "complex complex" style he's adopted of late. But I still appreciate what he's doing because what can't be disputed is that there is absolutely no one else doing it, or even attempting it. And what that "it" is is him putting messages in the abstract.

I just find it to be a cool concept and I appreciate the thought and work ethic behind it, and it tells me that he takes his craft and the genre seriously. I have no problem with people not liking it, everything isn't for everyone. But some people just say ? to say it, some are ignorant, and some are genuinely "hating" while celebrating artists that aren't even worth their studio time. It truly vexes me.

• nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And that was a nice dodge on the "drop 3 quotables" , cuz yall know that ? wasn't sayin a ? thing on that track and talkin bout "yea, Kendrick aint want no problems" lmaoooo man gtfoh lmaoo

I could be wrong, ain't bout to check right now but, ain't that song just about flows? Like, wasnt the whole purpose of that song showing how basic new rapper's flows are by mimicking them?
  • _Goldie_
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Im not the biggest Lupe fan, but I think that's another track fam, but I do remember him doing that. He dropped 2 tracks after control right? I think he did that on the other one.
  • Like Water
    Options
    Im not the biggest Lupe fan, but I think that's another track fam, but I do remember him doing that. He dropped 2 tracks after control right? I think he did that on the other one.

Nah. It was 2. He dropped SLR 3 right after and I found it to be the most underwhelming of the 3.
  • _Goldie_
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

I have no problems being objective. I hate Lasers and F&L2 is steeped in mediocrity. I actually prefer the "simple complex" style of his earlier music (Theme Song..., Failure, American Terrorist, his first two albums) to the "complex complex" style he's adopted of late. But I still appreciate what he's doing because what can't be disputed is that there is absolutely no one else doing it, or even attempting it. And what that "it" is is him putting messages in the abstract.

I just find it to be a cool concept and I appreciate the thought and work ethic behind it, and it tells me that he takes his craft and the genre seriously. I have no problem with people not liking it, everything isn't for everyone. But some people just say ? to say it, some are ignorant, and some are genuinely "hating" while celebrating artists that aren't even worth their studio time. It truly vexes me.

I actually think his old style was more complex, oppose to the ramble (random flows to mask the mediocre bars). He's always had a dope flow, while it was more simple back then , his bars were way more clever. Listen to his bars in the 2nd verse of this track, then listen to slr2. He was wayyyy more clever back then, (tho I did like the ? bar)..

even the 1st bar was mean "Now let me put the streets down like steam rollers, with cats that push"

fred-sanford-a-s.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtRv0nJ7yAM

Compared to "youre a banana to the grapes, which means ur ? got a banana in her face"

200x200px-ZC-eb76226e_stephen-a-smith-doesnt-believe-you-face.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTo4TZjkl-Q
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Steven A pic..... LOL

Its funny you mention SLR2, I just think its a dope song. But there isnt anything quotable from it.
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The same couple of ? eaters still cheerleading for the one hit wonder Lupe. Like Toilet Water aka Carlos Buddens doing all the ? catching. Arguing beause nobody listens to that wack ass music
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    The same couple of ? eaters still cheerleading for the one hit wonder Lupe. Like Toilet Water aka Carlos Buddens doing all the ? catching. Arguing beause nobody listens to that wack ass music
    Bruh, you're a pro troll. Like, not worth flagging. Real talk. But, someone has to do it I guess?
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Bruh, you're a pro troll. Like, not worth flagging. Real talk. But, someone has to do it I wguess?

Flag deez nuts
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ab soul out rapped him twice

Ab Soul is that ? but no
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even Action Bronson, I know he gets a bad rep on here because of the Ghostface ? , but the man is talented.

Lmaooooo
  • SkurrMuzikShadyTeam
    SkurrMuzikShadyTeam Members Posts: 67
    Options
    Jay Z
    Canibus
    Nas
    Andre 3000

But Lupe is definitley top 5 as far as 'Rapping' 'MC-ing' 'Rappity Rap'
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options