Bruh.. Who's Better Than Lupe Fiasco 'Rapping' Today In The Game?

Options

Comments

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    Ill be the first to say Lupe's wordplay and flow is among the greatest to ever do it, but this ? don't be talkin bout SHITTT. There's many artist with better content and a wider range of artistry. But this is the IC, where ? bump Lupe at BBQ's and "Kick Push" is in heavy rotation at ur local strip club and house party.

Bruh.jpg

C'mon son. Smh. Now you're just being ridiculous. All that other ? you talkin is whatever, but he don't be talkin bout ? ? Really?

Little Weapon - Has any other rapper talked about child rebel soldiers in that capacity?

Gotta Eat - How fast food has negatively impacted our community.

Prisoners 1 & 2 - Giving you the perspectives of a prisoner and a co/police officer and how they're one in the same.

Jonylah Forever - Song for a little girl in Chicago that was the victim of senseless violence.

Deliver - All of the negative stigmas attached to the hood and how something as mundane as ordering pizza suffers because of stereotypes, lack of empathy, and perpetual neglect from society.

The entire Michael Young History storyline from He Say, She Say to the Death of The Cool and chronicling the allure and pitfalls of being involved with the street life.

The dude literally gave you an epic in song form over the course of two albums.

I can go on for days with this ? . Smh. "He don't be talkin bout ? ." Stop it, ahk.

Yea he has a handful of songs like that, but 70% (especially post the cool) is a bunch of rambling random bars about not a got damn thing. If he was droppin random punchlines on some Fab /jada ? then that's one thing, but he be on some milky way ty dye shirt ? . Foh with that ? lol

Yeah, your opinion on this matter has officially been discredited. Lol. At least to me, that is. You got it, son.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread is hilarious.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Ill be the first to say Lupe's wordplay and flow is among the greatest to ever do it, but this ? don't be talkin bout SHITTT. There's many artist with better content and a wider range of artistry. But this is the IC, where ? bump Lupe at BBQ's and "Kick Push" is in heavy rotation at ur local strip club and house party.

Bruh.jpg

C'mon son. Smh. Now you're just being ridiculous. All that other ? you talkin is whatever, but he don't be talkin bout ? ? Really?

Little Weapon - Has any other rapper talked about child rebel soldiers in that capacity?

Prisoners 1 & 2 - Giving you the perspectives of a prisoner and a co/police officer and how they're one in the same.

Jonylah Forever - Song for a little girl in Chicago that was the victim of senseless violence.

Deliver - All of the negative stigmas attached to the hood and how something as mundane as ordering pizza suffers because of stereotypes, lack of empathy, and perpetual neglect from society.

The entire Michael Young History storyline from He Say, She Say to the Death of The Cool and chronicling the allure and pitfalls of being involved with the street life.

I can go on for days with this ? . Smh. "He don't be talkin bout ? ." Stop it, ahk.

Yea he has a handful of songs like that, but 70% (especially post the cool) is a bunch of rambling random bars about not a got damn thing. If he was droppin random punchlines on some Fab /jada ? then that's one thing, but he be on some milky way ty dye shirt ? . Foh with that ? lol

Yeah, your opinion on this matter has officially been discredited. Lol. At least to me, that is. You got it, son.

Lol Ive presented lyrics and songs to back my stance, he just rambles about ? . But if that's what you like , do your thing fam lol
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    http://genius.com/Lupe-fiasco-mural-lyrics/

the breakdown of his lyrics are longer than the chapters in a book that teaches you how to put the internet together

and im an ? currently studying to do that

? i absurd the idk if there trolling or are they dead serious. it would take a normal man eons to sit down and write down the verses for mural and have such deep meaning in every line

i tried reading the whole ? but i started getting aggravated like how in the world is anybody supposed to catch any of that ? its like hes ? for himself in a language few understand

i tried getting into lupe of the strength of yall but the ? don't be saying anything relevant to the human being

its like hes clever and can put some amazing lines together but it aint ? musically sometimes

and don't me i not smart enough to get it or some stupid ? like that part of the challenge of being an lyricist is being able to display your skills but not in a way its too over the top and nobody get its

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol Lupe is strangely one of the most hated rappers because his fans appreciate his work and people don't like that. It's like an illiterate person telling you a book is stupid because they don't understand it.
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TY was amazing but Lupe fans ruined it

Them ? know dot & lines made no sense at all but they came at my neck cause I actually said the ?
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    lol Lupe is strangely one of the most hated rappers because his fans appreciate his work and people don't like that. It's like an illiterate person telling you a book is stupid because they don't understand it.

I have yet to see a lupe fan explain something that a person that didnt already understand when discussing his music so what your saying isnt accurate

Hell i really like lupes first two albums but his fans...wow
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

couldnt be more wrong if u tried bro.
  • Ranxx
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Lupe wack

He was wack yesturday wack day before yesturday and the ? was wack last week.

See, this isnt true but Lupe's rabid fans make it funny
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I for one am new to these "Lupe threads."

But I must say that I find it very entertaining
  • Like Water
    Options

Bruh.jpg

Lol Ive presented lyrics and songs to back my stance, he just rambles about ? . But if that's what you like , do your thing fam lol

It is and I will. Perhaps you can get Anonymous to strong arm Birdman into releasing Carter 5.

I mean, it's not like it hasn't worked before.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    I for one am new to these "Lupe threads."

But I must say that I find it very entertaining

It gets heated for no reason and the reactions start flying. It's really strange to me. I've never been in a thread of a rapper I don't like. I just don't listen to his music. That's too simple of a solution for some folks it seems.
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »

Them ? know dot & lines made no sense at all but they came at my neck cause I actually said the ?

Fans ruined the music they didn't create?
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe for ? who fake deep. Says a whole bunch of ? tryna sound smart but really dont be saying ? .

lol I used to think that until I listened...I mean really LISTENED
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Kendrick >Lupe tho

? Kendrick can't even spit multi's
  • Ranxx
    Options

This what I'm talking about ? you know what I mean
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know if any modern rapper couldve pulled off doubleburger w/ cheese or WWJD with the same casual yet crafty manner that lupe did....
  • Like Water
    Options

This what I'm talking about ? you know what I mean

Some things are meant to be taken at face value, while others have layers and depths that are meant to be explored. Whether or not you choose to accept that fact and then apply to certain music is entirely up to you. However, being critical of those who choose to delve into the music with a different perspective, simply because you don't agree with it, is extremely myopic.

No one can say for certain what Lupe means in some of his music. It's always up for interpretation. As a musical artist, he is capable of being abstract. It's like both of us looking at a piece by Picasso or a poem from Langston and you telling me I'm wrong because I see something different from you.

It makes no sense.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? be in these threads like, Lupe sucks0rz!!1!1

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://genius.com/Lupe-fiasco-mural-lyrics/

the breakdown of his lyrics are longer than the chapters in a book that teaches you how to put the internet together

and im an ? currently studying to do that

? i absurd the idk if there trolling or are they dead serious. it would take a normal man eons to sit down and write down the verses for mural and have such deep meaning in every line

i tried reading the whole ? but i started getting aggravated like how in the world is anybody supposed to catch any of that ? its like hes ? for himself in a language few understand

i tried getting into lupe of the strength of yall but the ? don't be saying anything relevant to the human being

its like hes clever and can put some amazing lines together but it aint ? musically sometimes

and don't me i not smart enough to get it or some stupid ? like that part of the challenge of being an lyricist is being able to display your skills but not in a way its too over the top and nobody get its

so none of you lupe fans going to explain this ?