Bruh.. Who's Better Than Lupe Fiasco 'Rapping' Today In The Game?

Options

Comments

• [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone should send this thread to Lupes Twitter. Lol
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iceberg stays in lupe threads acting like a little ? ...same arguements everytime and he loses all of them, youd think hed learn

Hey yo iceberg get lupes ? out your ? cavity
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ab soul out rapped him twice

FullSizeRender.jpg

Lupe killed Soul on Tron and that other track is a toss up so Lu gets the edge
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    Royce and budden and skyzoo

Thats just 3
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    These "Lupe's the greatest lyricist ever" threads gets made by one of the same 7 ? every 2 months and the ? hilarious every time.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    From the first time I heard him in 06 on theme music to a drive by to 2015 on mural, I've not been floored lyrically by anyone as often as Lupe Fiasco. When it come to lyrical gymnastics that ? is without peer. Of course, dope music is a lot more than just lyrics. He can get boring, and at times a ? just wanna ride, and vibe, and while he can do that, it's not his lane. But when it come to them lyrics. That dude stands alone. I've never heard anything like him.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I coulda sworn I seen this ? bcks getting roasted by a white British poster by the name of fish n chips. The same ? that said "this guy uses the same flow on every song" and when shown 3 songs with different flows and deliveries ran outta the thread.

My point stands, ? in a circle ? angrily typing weak jokes nobody talkin bout the actual music. I love it.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    Aiyo my ? @_Goldie_ ain't this ya ace boon?

hhir_2pac_2011_hennessy_quotes.jpg

YIpdPBk.gif
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    And Im sure Hov has mentioned Ace of Spades 100 times in his rhymes, wtf does that have to do with the wack ass bars I just dropped of Lupe? lol
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    And Im sure Hov has mentioned Ace of Spades 100 times in his rhymes, wtf does that have to do with the wack ass bars I just dropped of Lupe? lol

The overall concept is that you can go through every rapper's catalog and cherry pick lyrics that you feel aren't up to par.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    See what yall did there. Yall say "yall talk all that ? about Lupe but wont post lyrics and songs to back ur pov" , a ? does and yall deflect it by bringing up other artist. Genius.

• _Goldie_
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ill be the first to say Lupe's wordplay and flow is among the greatest to ever do it, but this ? don't be talkin bout SHITTT. There's many artist with better content and a wider range of artistry. But this is the IC, where ? bump Lupe at BBQ's and "Kick Push" is in heavy rotation at ur local strip club and house party.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    See what yall did there. Yall say "yall talk all that ? about Lupe but wont post lyrics and songs to back ur pov" , a ? does and yall deflect it by bringing up other artist. Genius.

haha, ? I just got here.
  • bck145
    Options
    I coulda sworn I seen this ? bcks getting roasted by a white British poster by the name of fish n chips. The same ? that said "this guy uses the same flow on every song" and when shown 3 songs with different flows and deliveries ran outta the thread.

My point stands, ? in a circle ? angrily typing weak jokes nobody talkin bout the actual music. I love it.

selective memory huh? I posted 3 songs that proved my point and your so far up in lupe or vice versa that you couldn't handle the truth and continued to cry and whine like a little girl

regardless if you disagree with the flow because your deaf doesn't make the fact that everytime there is a lupe thread you bring the same tired arguments and someone proves you wrong each time and you continue to pretend that the truth isn't right in front of you
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

selective memory huh? I posted 3 songs that proved my point and your so far up in lupe or vice versa that you couldn't handle the truth and continued to cry and whine like a little girl

regardless if you disagree with the flow because your deaf doesn't make the fact that everytime there is a lupe thread you bring the same tired arguments and someone proves you wrong each time and you continue to pretend that the truth isn't right in front of you

The songs posted all clearly had different flows ? . We can up that thread doggie....
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ill be the first to say Lupe's wordplay and flow is among the greatest to ever do it, but this ? don't be talkin bout SHITTT. There's many artist with better content and a wider range of artistry. But this is the IC, where ? bump Lupe at BBQ's and "Kick Push" is in heavy rotation at ur local strip club and house party.

Bruh.jpg

C'mon son. Smh. Now you're just being ridiculous. All that other ? you talkin is whatever, but he don't be talkin bout ? ? Really?

Little Weapon - Has any other rapper talked about child rebel soldiers in that capacity?

Gotta Eat - How fast food has negatively impacted our community.

Prisoners 1 & 2 - Giving you the perspectives of a prisoner and a co/police officer and how they're one in the same.

Jonylah Forever - Song for a little girl in Chicago that was the victim of senseless violence.

Deliver - All of the negative stigmas attached to the hood and how something as mundane as ordering pizza suffers because of stereotypes, lack of empathy, and perpetual neglect from society.

The entire Michael Young History storyline from He Say, She Say to the Death of The Cool and chronicling the allure and pitfalls of being involved with the street life.

The dude literally gave you an epic in song form over the course of two albums.

I can go on for days with this ? . Smh. "He don't be talkin bout ? ." Stop it, ahk.
  • bck145
    Options

The songs posted all clearly had different flows ? . We can up that thread doggie....

bahahaha, see there you go doing it again..

• IceBergTaylor
    Options

Ditto ?
  • bck145
    Options

Ditto ?

yeah good response....you lose once again
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

Ditto ?

yeah good response....you lose once again

Lmao ditto
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

Bruh.jpg

C'mon son. Smh. Now you're just being ridiculous. All that other ? you talkin is whatever, but he don't be talkin bout ? ? Really?

Little Weapon - Has any other rapper talked about child rebel soldiers in that capacity?

Prisoners 1 & 2 - Giving you the perspectives of a prisoner and a co/police officer and how they're one in the same.

Jonylah Forever - Song for a little girl in Chicago that was the victim of senseless violence.

Deliver - All of the negative stigmas attached to the hood and how something as mundane as ordering pizza suffers because of stereotypes, lack of empathy, and perpetual neglect from society.

The entire Michael Young History storyline from He Say, She Say to the Death of The Cool and chronicling the allure and pitfalls of being involved with the street life.

I can go on for days with this ? . Smh. "He don't be talkin bout ? ." Stop it, ahk.

Yea he has a handful of songs like that, but 70% (especially post the cool) is a bunch of rambling random bars about not a got damn thing. If he was droppin random punchlines on some Fab /jada ? then that's one thing, but he be on some milky way ty dye shirt ? . Foh with that ? lol
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh.jpg

Never thought about Gotta Eat in that regard...but its a dope ass song
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

Bruh.jpg

Yea he has a handful of songs like that, but 70% (especially post the cool) is a bunch of rambling random bars about not a got damn thing. If he was droppin random punchlines on some Fab /jada ? then that's one thing, but he be on some milky way ty dye shirt ? . Foh with that ? lol

This much I can agree. Post Lasers he's spent more time blending in with what's popular while still tryin to be a rappity rapper. Too many random bars mixed with clever ones. In terms of the actual rapping it's still far and way doper than a lot
  • bck145
    edited October 2015
    Options

Bruh.jpg

your not deep enough to understand his lyrics brah....his meanings are wrapped like a Christmas present, you need to unwrap to get to the gift that is lupe

after that bad joke, I think lupe has his share of meaningful lyrics like prisoners 1 &2 which are the bright spots of his last album, but he also has songs like mural which is a bunch of corny references that I have no interest in hearing from my music or I just disagree with his way of thinking about social issues