SC pig flips over & then slams a young black girl in class for being "verbally disruptive"...

Options

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question? Who's in charge of this girl in the first place? Why weren't they contacted?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the teacher is clearly a ? .

lol You might be right. Teachers don't really care anymore. A lot of them are just there to pick up a check.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Why would you interrupt class to kick someone out that's not continuing to do so?

I remember getting caught cheating on a test (some hoe told on me). Instead of stopping class, the teacher let me finish the test. At the end of class, she gave me a zero & I was suspended. That was it.....

What's so hard about that? I'll tell you what it is, teachers are on a power trip, trying to feed their ego, embarrass the student & make an example out of them.

The teacher does have the authority. With that responsibility comes maturity. Why are you arguing with a child? Be a ? adult.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    the use of phones and other devices are prohibited to varying degrees. I have put it in my syllabus as have many other professors.
    the point is that, u don't have to make a ? spectacle when a student disobeys a rule.
    when I worked with junior high school kids, same deal. u break the rules, we make a note of it and tell your parents.
    again, the point is that breaking rules is not an invitation to get all indignant with children.
    ask them to leave for what? u basically inviting dumb ? .
    adults shouldn't be worried about their egos or challenging the will of children.
    i remember one chick shopping for didlos during class. the professor didn't say ? . he just failed the ? . simple ? .

I get what you saying, I do, but just because some teachers let some ? slide doesn't mean another teacher is wrong for it. And just because something works in one instance doesn't mean it will in another. I can remember when I was in school and ? would basically test teachers. The moment one person got away with something everyone figured the could do it and that teacher basically lost control. I don't know what this class was like. Maybe the teacher overreacted or maybe the teacher did what was necessary to send a message to the other students. The point is the teacher isn't really the villain here. And in that interaction, the student was that was wrong period. All this other stuff is really beside the point.

@ the bolded, in this situation you put their ass in detention/suspension etc....

The next day everyone in the class will clearly see that person isn't there.

They'll be like, "Dam, where is Insert *bad ass student*?"

His or her ass is gone.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    the use of phones and other devices are prohibited to varying degrees. I have put it in my syllabus as have many other professors.
    the point is that, u don't have to make a ? spectacle when a student disobeys a rule.
    when I worked with junior high school kids, same deal. u break the rules, we make a note of it and tell your parents.
    again, the point is that breaking rules is not an invitation to get all indignant with children.
    ask them to leave for what? u basically inviting dumb ? .
    adults shouldn't be worried about their egos or challenging the will of children.
    i remember one chick shopping for didlos during class. the professor didn't say ? . he just failed the ? . simple ? .

I get what you saying, I do, but just because some teachers let some ? slide doesn't mean another teacher is wrong for it. And just because something works in one instance doesn't mean it will in another. I can remember when I was in school and ? would basically test teachers. The moment one person got away with something everyone figured the could do it and that teacher basically lost control. I don't know what this class was like. Maybe the teacher overreacted or maybe the teacher did what was necessary to send a message to the other students. The point is the teacher isn't really the villain here. And in that interaction, the student was that was wrong period. All this other stuff is really beside the point.

@ the bolded, in this situation you put their ass in detention/suspension etc....

The next day everyone in the class will clearly see that person isn't there.

They'll be like, "Dam, where is Insert *bad ass student*?"

His or her ass is gone.

lol @ the idea that the kids who thought like that cared about being put in detention. Some of them ? thought of detention as the "hang out spot."

I'm not saying ya'll are wrong. I'm just saying every situation is different. Throwing out anecdotes about what happened when we were in school doesn't really prove anything one way or the other.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Students Protest Firing Of Spring Valley High School Officer
    Deputy Ben Fields was fired this week for violently arresting a black 16-year-old student
    2 hours ago
    Daniel Marans Reporter, The Huffington Post

Richland County Sheriff's Department via ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Students at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, South Carolina, left their classes on Friday to protest the firing of Ben Fields, a former resource officer at the school.
    Fields, until recently a sheriff's deputy in Richland County, was let go on Wednesday after a video emerged of him violently removing a 16-year-old African-American student from her chair, slamming her to the ground and arresting her. The video sparked widespread outrage and multiple government investigations as to whether the incident constituted a civil rights violation.
    The local NBC affiliate WIS reported that hundreds of students participated in Friday's walkout at 10 a.m., before a school administrator told them to return to class.
    John Cassibry, a 17-year-old senior, posted a video of the demonstration and a confrontation with a school administrator.
    Advertisement

AdChoices
    "We've heard your voices. We appreciate you taking the time to do this," the school administrator said. "We always focus on teaching and learning. Let's head on back to class."
    Some of the students responded by yelling "Free Fields."

Cassibry, who participated in the protest, told The Huffington Post that while he did not agree with Fields' conduct in the student arrest, he also did not believe the officer deserved to be fired.
    "I believe it is important as a student to voice my opinion," Cassibry said. "My belief on Deputy Fields is just that -- I do believe he was too aggressive, but I do not believe it was any circumstance to lose his job, nor do I believe it was race-driven."
    Several of the students seen demonstrating in Cassibry's video are black. Cassibry estimated that black students accounted for a majority of the protesters on Friday....

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5633a619e4b0631799123018?ir=Politics

Smh lol...guess they're entitled to have their own opinion

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just told my wife about something I remember from back in the 7th grade, it kinds gives a contrast to how ? was back when I was a kid versus today:

White kid in my English class was acting an ass. Out teacher was a stocky ass white dude, and was know to be hard on insubordinate kids. Lil dude was ? up. The teacher told him to get up and stand with his nose to the blackboard. Kid refused. Teacher got up, told him again to "get your ass out of that seat and get up there to the blackboard!". Kid refused and laughed at him. The teacher then snatched him up out of his seat, dragged him to the blackboard, and told him to stand there with his nose touching the board. Kid stood there with his face to the board, but his nose wasn't touching the board. The teacher got loud and told him "put your nose on the ? board!". Kid didn't do it so the teacher put his hand on the back of the kid's head and slammed it into the blackboard. Kid pushed away from him, there was blood pouring out of his nose profusely all over his face and his shirt.

"? you, I'm tellin my dad!" and the kid ran out of the room.

Teacher didn't look worried in the least.

A few minutes later, the vice principal of the school came to the door. He looked in and asked the English teacher to step out in the hall. From my seat I could barely see, but I did see lil dude out there standing kinda behind the vice principal.

The kid was the vice principal's youngest son. I didn't know that until that very day.

They sat out there talking about it for a moment, I did hear the teacher say something along the lines of "I'm sorry about his nose but..." and they talked about it more then he came back in.

Even being the vice principal's son, the teacher remained employed. The kid was suspended for a day, and when he came back to class he had to apologize to all of us for disrupting our class.

He was never a problem in that class ever again... But he did act an ass in gym class.
  • iron man1
    edited October 2015
    Options

Deputy Ben Fields was fired this week for violently arresting a black 16-year-old student
    2 hours ago

Students at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, South Carolina, left their classes on Friday to protest the firing of Ben Fields, a former resource officer at the school.
    Fields, until recently a sheriff's deputy in Richland County, was let go on Wednesday after a video emerged of him violently removing a 16-year-old African-American student from her chair, slamming her to the ground and arresting her. The video sparked widespread outrage and multiple government investigations as to whether the incident constituted a civil rights violation.
    The local NBC affiliate WIS reported that hundreds of students participated in Friday's walkout at 10 a.m., before a school administrator told them to return to class.
    John Cassibry, a 17-year-old senior, posted a video of the demonstration and a confrontation with a school administrator.
    Advertisement

AdChoices
    "We've heard your voices. We appreciate you taking the time to do this," the school administrator said. "We always focus on teaching and learning. Let's head on back to class."

Cassibry, who participated in the protest, told The Huffington Post that while he did not agree with Fields' conduct in the student arrest, he also did not believe the officer deserved to be fired.
    "I believe it is important as a student to voice my opinion," Cassibry said. "My belief on Deputy Fields is just that -- I do believe he was too aggressive, but I do not believe it was any circumstance to lose his job, nor do I believe it was race-driven."
    Several of the students seen demonstrating in Cassibry's video are black. Cassibry estimated that black students accounted for a majority of the protesters on Friday....

? ..

SpikeLeeshakeshead-SpikeLeeknicksbullsgame-spikeleebadreferee-spikeleereferee_zpsosifdp5t.gif
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white folks broke not just one ? but the surrounding community....

where is the outrage white protesting over fired black folk when its over fukk ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I don't get it. I thought he had a rep among the students as being heavy handed and unnecessary, what could possibly be motivating them to protest. I'm not surprised though. The blacks in that area are probably happy to be let into the white area or what was the white area.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was not a large amount of students from reports and other students are celebrating
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

2 hours ago

Advertisement

AdChoices

that school is a damn ? factory.

the South is in general..
    i was jus tellin my cousin ? are indictrinated into that ? . smmfh
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? there's alot of cooning in this ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

2 hours ago

Advertisement

AdChoices

that school is a damn ? factory.

the South is in general..
    i was jus tellin my cousin ? are indictrinated into that ? . smmfh

That ain't true. The south is more segregated than the north even til this day. People in the South tend to trust whites less. Again, you can't go by this school. Spring Valley was a white school that has gained an increased black population, so a lot of the black kids have basically grown up trying to fit in with white people.
  • all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad when you get labeled and treated like a criminal for breaking a got damn rule! These folks ain't ?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad when you get labeled and treated like a criminal for breaking a got damn rule! These folks ain't ?

It's like young black lives don't matter.......oh wait
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

2 hours ago

Advertisement

AdChoices

So they walked out of class......but aren't they disrupting the school and disobeying rules??
    The people agreeing with and support this behavior are the very same ones who agree with the cop for body slamming that young black kid for refusing to leave class...because she was "disruptive and not obeying the rules"

The only explanation for this blatant hypocrisy and double standard is because the majority of the student who walked out were white and boot-licking young ?

Checkmate
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them ? got Stockholm syndrome
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember those black teachers in Atlanta who got sentenced to hard time for cheating on tests for their students?

Where was the white community at for them?

Also they're okay with not only a orphan girl getting thrown like a rag doll for having a cell phone but another student handcuffed and hauled off for talking back?

These black parents need to have a talk with their little sambos....then again they got it from somewhere.
  • iron man1
    Options
    It was not a large amount of students from reports and other students are celebrating

Those specific ones need their ? kicked