IC Discussion: Colorism in the black community

Options

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The doll test is some real ? and i feel that interracial marriage,colorism, and the media all are partly responsible for lack of self esteem that the doll test proves young black children have. The damage of that alone is enormous
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    What do yall pro black but with a spouse of a different race people do with a situation like this?

So if you are 100% pro black with a spouse of a different race your moves might actually take food off of her family plate (mother, father , brother, sister, etc) or bring harm to them. So if she brings these issues to you what are you going to do? Continue to improve your lot and that of your people or back off because that is bringing stress and arguments into your home because things you are doing is affecting your spouse family?

If you're in that situation then you would continue to exhibit pro black behaviors ... Your wife should know who you are before you get married. This goes for all relationships

Continue even if it leads to a divorce?

Whats understood doesn't need to be said.

If your wife doesn't accept you and by extension what you stand for, then you should have never gotten married

? it was a yes or no question! I'll play along though. LLS

Your wife can accept you for you and what you stand for but at the same time don't act like people and the size of the work you doing can't grow during a marriage. So at the beginning of the marriage your work is one level that is not effecting her family. Now after a few years your work grows and now it is effecting her family. Its causing her stress because her family calling her about you. She asking you to tone it down and scale it back. What do you do? Keep doing what is best for your people or respect your vows to the woman you gave your last name?
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props to @ayebaebae for trying to bring threads with substance to the forum... I see you! Got your head on right
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    What do yall pro black but with a spouse of a different race people do with a situation like this?

So if you are 100% pro black with a spouse of a different race your moves might actually take food off of her family plate (mother, father , brother, sister, etc) or bring harm to them. So if she brings these issues to you what are you going to do? Continue to improve your lot and that of your people or back off because that is bringing stress and arguments into your home because things you are doing is affecting your spouse family?

If you're in that situation then you would continue to exhibit pro black behaviors ... Your wife should know who you are before you get married. This goes for all relationships

If your wife doesn't accept you and by extension what you stand for, then you should have never gotten married

Your wife can accept you for you and what you stand for but at the same time don't act like people and the size of the work you doing can't grow during a marriage. So at the beginning of the marriage your work is one level that is not effecting her family. Now after a few years your work grows and now it is effecting her family. Its causing her stress because her family calling her about you. She asking you to tone it down and scale it back. What do you do? Keep doing what is best for your people or respect your vows to the woman you gave your last name?

Keep doing what's best for my people.

If we divorce, we divorce - irreconcilable differences

What you are not getting, is that this issue is the same as any other issue that may arise in a marriage.

It's silly to not expect the activism, behaviors etc of your spouse would not naturally grow in scope over time.

That should be a factor to consider before you get married. If that is a problem... Don't get married.

i.e. Fredrick Douglass
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol wait a minute did @Khaleesi just try to pull the rope a dope move ?
  • D. Morgan
    Options

What you are not getting, is that this issue is the same as any other issue that may arise in a marriage.

It's silly to not expect the activism, behaviors etc of your spouse would not naturally grow in scope over time.

That should be a factor to consider before you get married. If that is a problem... Don't get married.

i.e. Fredrick Douglass

Cool.

Its not the same at all. Just because your activism grows doesn't mean it will directly affect your different race spouse family.
  • Peace_79
    Options

i.e. Fredrick Douglass

Cool.

Its not the same at all. Just because your activism grows doesn't mean it will directly affect your different race spouse family.

That's true ... But if that's not a risk your spouse is willing to take... You shouldn't get married.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    Lol

If nothing else, @zzombie I admire your zeal and conviction.

I'll say this much- There have been several people throughout history who have done a great deal of good with ideologies promoting peace and inclusiveness.

I don't agree with a philosophy that systematically rejects and ostricizes people while dictating who others happen to love or procreate with.

I'll take my ? , my sovereignty in life, and the substance of my actions- over a fabricated social construct, such as "race".

If that is equivalent to "praying for peace to fall from the sky", so be it.

And your great grand children and the generations of black people that come after them will curse your name for being a weakling.

and you have totally mischaracterized me i don't want to dictate who other black men fall in love with, they are free to do as they will. but in doing so they have to know that they are making themselves an ideological enemy of people like me and i am not alone . As far as i am concerned they might as well be white because that is how i treat them.

LMAO.

Nah... Your great-grand children might curse me... Hell they might curse Dr. King for his pacifist ways and Fredrick Douglass for his supposed "cooning" too... So I am in good company.

My family will have nothing but love for me... Because I will show them nothing but love, regardless of what they look like.

I Never called Frederick Douglass a ? . ? is love try expanding your love to your entire race and maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from.

The number one way black people can show white people we love them is by removing them from power because clearly if we don't white people are going to destroy us, themselves and the ecology of the planet.

:# They don't understand this though. They couldn't understand why Africans held the land and nature in such high regard and worth of protection. We been studying this over 200,000 years and understand the ecology of nature that if it goes awry so do we and everything else. So it's imperative we combat this destructive culture of theirs.

This is a separate issue though ...

You're not talking about conquering white supremacy, you're talking about conquering western civilization.

You are holding it as a given that the latter is a necessary precursor to the former...

I'm not even arguing the merit of your claim, but you cannot call someone passive towards white supremacy simply because they do not endorse your proposed solution to abolish it.

Not unless you can unequivocally prove that your solution is the only logical path forward.

No, it's the same issue. Everything comes back to a 360. Western civilization and white supremacy are intertwined and if you don't realize that and have not study their literature, think tanks, study their history, their words and etc then you don't understand what you are talking about this is a separate issue. This is like combating combating obesity, but thinking diet and exercise are separate issues.

Of course western civilization was birthed out of slavery/ racism.

That is different then saying we have to abolish said civilization, in order remove the existence of racism.

Slavery and discrimination were present long before America was a nation.

Western civilization needs to be abandoned, if a culture doesn't cherish NATURE, PEOPLE, precious RESOURCES, not investing in cleaner ENERGY then what is it good for?

This is why I keep repeating we as an African people need to get in touch with our ancestors ways. I'm not again science and technology, but that was ours far before Europeans realized that the observation of the natural world, testing, and reviewing and having peer reviewed work to get to a conclusion was needed to improve and understand the natural world.

Look at the Rhind Papyrus.

This is an interesting line of thinking ... I am not here to argue it.

But it does not prove that the only way to combat systemic racism and white supremacy is to destroy Western Civilization.

There are a lot of your brothers and sisters who thoroughly enjoy several aspects of Western Society and have benefited immensely from it.

That doesn't mean they agree with racism.
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »

I don't want that kind of power for myself but i do want my people to live as true equals in this world because ? made the black man no weaker than other men and he loves us just as much as he does the rest.

In 2015 i don't expect all black people to unite under any one ideology i do however expect us to unite for our own economic and physical survival. The alternative is death or servitude and i certainly don't want that for black people and neither does ? .

The war is both spiritual and physical what is done in one world affects the next, black people have been praying for centuries and we have not been totally saved yet in fact now we are sinking deeper into spiritual darkness, because all a lot of us want to do is pray.

But the bible tells you that you can know a man by his fruit and what has been the fruit of your way of looking at our situation??? now but spiritual darkness and physical weakness we are the laughing stock of the world.

My work bears a different type of fruit. It doesn't directly have anything to do with uplifting my black people (according to the flesh) exclusively. but because I intend to do my Heavenly Fathers work however, by extension the fruit from that does benefit my black people, and not just them are my people, but my brothers/"black" people in the spirit as well.

And as for as the community, one of the major destructive issues we have is the slave behavior and ghetto mentality...this is an entire different discussion and thread that need to be had...we cant even get that part of the community under control. So yea, forget trying to save the community. just save yourself and whoever else you can influence.

how are you doing your heavenly fathers work by not actually doing anything in the physical world???? the bible says a man who leaves his house undone is worse than a heathen it also says that faith with out works is dead. What you are saying is very problematic if the problem with blacks is the slave behavior and ghetto mentality how are we ever going to fix those issues without physically destroying the source of that mentality.

both the inner and outer world affect each other if the environment is evil then people tend to fall to evil if it's good then people tend to fall to good. This is why in the o.t ? tells the isralites to be wary of the people they surround themselves with.

Not quite sure how you got that from my post, but that's not my stance on the matter. You mention I pray for peace and I'm not exactly sure what you meant by that but dont you know that the Heavenly Father does command his disciples to pray for their enemies? I mean he shows his kindness towards us in innumerable ways and if we consider that to be our father wouldn't we try to behave in a similar manner as our father? And before you go there, I'm not saying prayer is the ONLY thing to do, but it is part of it. So I disagree if you think it's ok for followers of Christ to just do away with that part just because you don't like it or understand how it work.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol

I'll say this much- There have been several people throughout history who have done a great deal of good with ideologies promoting peace and inclusiveness.

I don't agree with a philosophy that systematically rejects and ostricizes people while dictating who others happen to love or procreate with.

I'll take my ? , my sovereignty in life, and the substance of my actions- over a fabricated social construct, such as "race".

And your great grand children and the generations of black people that come after them will curse your name for being a weakling.

and you have totally mischaracterized me i don't want to dictate who other black men fall in love with, they are free to do as they will. but in doing so they have to know that they are making themselves an ideological enemy of people like me and i am not alone . As far as i am concerned they might as well be white because that is how i treat them.

LMAO.

Nah... Your great-grand children might curse me... Hell they might curse Dr. King for his pacifist ways and Fredrick Douglass for his supposed "cooning" too... So I am in good company.

My family will have nothing but love for me... Because I will show them nothing but love, regardless of what they look like.

I Never called Frederick Douglass a ? . ? is love try expanding your love to your entire race and maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from.

The number one way black people can show white people we love them is by removing them from power because clearly if we don't white people are going to destroy us, themselves and the ecology of the planet.

:# They don't understand this though. They couldn't understand why Africans held the land and nature in such high regard and worth of protection. We been studying this over 200,000 years and understand the ecology of nature that if it goes awry so do we and everything else. So it's imperative we combat this destructive culture of theirs.

You're not talking about conquering white supremacy, you're talking about conquering western civilization.

You are holding it as a given that the latter is a necessary precursor to the former...

I'm not even arguing the merit of your claim, but you cannot call someone passive towards white supremacy simply because they do not endorse your proposed solution to abolish it.

Not unless you can unequivocally prove that your solution is the only logical path forward.

No, it's the same issue. Everything comes back to a 360. Western civilization and white supremacy are intertwined and if you don't realize that and have not study their literature, think tanks, study their history, their words and etc then you don't understand what you are talking about this is a separate issue. This is like combating combating obesity, but thinking diet and exercise are separate issues.

That is different then saying we have to abolish said civilization, in order remove the existence of racism.

Western civilization needs to be abandoned, if a culture doesn't cherish NATURE, PEOPLE, precious RESOURCES, not investing in cleaner ENERGY then what is it good for?

This is why I keep repeating we as an African people need to get in touch with our ancestors ways. I'm not again science and technology, but that was ours far before Europeans realized that the observation of the natural world, testing, and reviewing and having peer reviewed work to get to a conclusion was needed to improve and understand the natural world.

But it does not prove that the only way to combat systemic racism and white supremacy is to destroy Western Civilization.

There are a lot of your brothers and sisters who thoroughly enjoy several aspects of Western Society and have benefited immensely from it.

When we break the core of western civilization is to exploit people and some aspects of the capitalistic system is great and should be used, but there are a lot of destructive things that need to be gone from that system.

What are some great things you agree with in Western Society?
  • zzombie
    Options

I don't want that kind of power for myself but i do want my people to live as true equals in this world because ? made the black man no weaker than other men and he loves us just as much as he does the rest.

In 2015 i don't expect all black people to unite under any one ideology i do however expect us to unite for our own economic and physical survival. The alternative is death or servitude and i certainly don't want that for black people and neither does ? .

The war is both spiritual and physical what is done in one world affects the next, black people have been praying for centuries and we have not been totally saved yet in fact now we are sinking deeper into spiritual darkness, because all a lot of us want to do is pray.

But the bible tells you that you can know a man by his fruit and what has been the fruit of your way of looking at our situation??? now but spiritual darkness and physical weakness we are the laughing stock of the world.

My work bears a different type of fruit. It doesn't directly have anything to do with uplifting my black people (according to the flesh) exclusively. but because I intend to do my Heavenly Fathers work however, by extension the fruit from that does benefit my black people, and not just them are my people, but my brothers/"black" people in the spirit as well.

And as for as the community, one of the major destructive issues we have is the slave behavior and ghetto mentality...this is an entire different discussion and thread that need to be had...we cant even get that part of the community under control. So yea, forget trying to save the community. just save yourself and whoever else you can influence.

how are you doing your heavenly fathers work by not actually doing anything in the physical world???? the bible says a man who leaves his house undone is worse than a heathen it also says that faith with out works is dead. What you are saying is very problematic if the problem with blacks is the slave behavior and ghetto mentality how are we ever going to fix those issues without physically destroying the source of that mentality.

both the inner and outer world affect each other if the environment is evil then people tend to fall to evil if it's good then people tend to fall to good. This is why in the o.t ? tells the isralites to be wary of the people they surround themselves with.

Not quite sure how you got that from my post, but that's not my stance on the matter. You mention I pray for peace and I'm not exactly sure what you meant by that but dont you know that the Heavenly Father does command his disciples to pray for their enemies? I mean he shows his kindness towards us in innumerable ways and if we consider that to be our father wouldn't we try to behave in a similar manner as our father? And before you go there, I'm not saying prayer is the ONLY thing to do, but it is part of it. So I disagree if you think it's ok for followers of Christ to just do away with that part just because you don't like it or understand how it work.

No christians have to pray but we also have to work, from what you say it seems that you are focused on prayer and just leaving everything up to ? . That is not enough christ did not just pray he went out and helped his people he was jewish and the first people he went to were other jews. So by that example we as black people have to fix ourselves first then reach out and help our brothers in humanity.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    Lol

LMAO.

When we break the core of western civilization is to exploit people and some aspects of the capitalistic system is great and should be used, but there are a lot of destructive things that need to be gone from that system.

Again, separate thread lol.

You have obviously put much more thought into this than I have.

Off the top of my head -

Freedom of Speech
    Due process
    Charity
    Civic responsibility
    Democracy
    Free market systems
    Freedom of religion
    Relatively Cheap goods and products
    Slightly above average health care
    A very high standard of technology
    Free flow of news and information
    The right to persue a life style of your choice.

Etc

We have very serious problems in America...

Remember the " Grass is always greener", though
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just want to say that D. Morgan's question, which he keeps asking, is stupid.

That is all.
  • zzombie
    Options

That is all.

shut up ?
  • D. Morgan
    Options

That is all.

NoOneCares-CareOMeter_zpsb2cd1826.jpg
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol

LMAO.

Off the top of my head -

Freedom of Speech
    Due process
    Charity
    Civic responsibility
    Democracy
    Free market systems
    Freedom of religion

Etc

I've considered all these things.....and I agree.

There are GREAT things about this country. But we are not tested as equals even now.... And this country and the current way of operating will NOT last forever.... Even if it doesn't happen in our lifetime, or children or grandchildren will experience the change...

Living off of the land. We've got to get back to that. I'm telling yall. Because when you are forced to.... Then what?

I'll take my chances getting as far away from "The Beast" as possible. And even of I DON'T perfect it, I wouldn't mind bring the progenitor that took the step to start something for mine so they can thrive.
  • Fosheezy
    edited November 2015
    Options

No christians have to pray but we also have to work, from what you say it seems that you are focused on prayer and just leaving everything up to ? . That is not enough christ did not just pray he went out and helped his people he was jewish and the first people he went to were other jews. So by that example we as black people have to fix ourselves first then reach out and help our brothers in humanity.

i agree all the brothers have to work and reach out in some manner but it doesn't have to be through politics. Though I think it would be a good thing if more Christians got involved in the politics of helping their people and all, but truth of the matter is ? is still in control whether a personal individual decide to help further his work or not. Believers are a body made up of many different roles and offices aimed at the same cause. All the brothers don't have to get involved in politics. Like I say i agree it would be good if more of us did but it not necessary that each and every one of us do. Even in whatever your personal role is don't think that prayers don't go towards helping you accomplish what your trying to accomplish as long as it's in line with ? plans too.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Those conflicts should have been explored before you even got married. Ya'll are inserting race into what is really a compatibility issue. You could ask that same exact question with both parties being black. What if the black chick you're dating is the daughter of a cop? Do you stop dating her because you are involved in anti-police brutality protests? The answer to your question is you don't marry anyone who will force you to change your core principles regardless of race.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Peep this out fellows

"Perhaps some hard-hearted pleader may suggest, that such treatment would indeed be cruel, in Europe : but the African women are negroes, savages, who have no idea of the nicer sensations which obtain among civilized people. I dare contradict them in the strongest terms. I have lived long, and conversed much, amongst these supposed savages. I have often slept in their towns, in a house filled with goods for trade, with no person in the house but myself, and with no other door than a mat; in that security, which no man in his senses would expect in this civilized nation, especially in this metropolis, without the precaution of having strong doors, strongly locked and bolted. And with regard to the women, in Sherbro, where I was most acquainted, 1 have seen many instances of modesty, and even delicacy, which would not disgrace an English woman. Yet, such is the treatment which I have known permitted, if not encouraged, in many of our ships—they have been abandoned, without restraint, to the lawless will of the first comer.
    Accustomed thus to despise, insult, and injure the slaves on board, it may be expected that the conduct of many of our people to the natives, with whom they trade, is, as far as circumstances admit, very similar ; and it is so. They are considered as a people to be robbed and spoiled with impunity. Every art is employed to deceive and wrong them. And he who has most address in this way, has most to boast of.

Not an article that is capable of diminution or adulteration, is delivered genuine, or entire. The spirits are lowered by water. False heads are put into the kegs that contain the gunpowder ; so that, though the keg appears large, there is no more powder in it, than in a much smaller. The linen and cotton cloths are opened, and two or three yards, according to the length of the piece, cut off, not from the end, but out of the middle, where it is not so readily noticed.The natives are cheated, in the number, weight, measure, or quality of what they purchase, in every possible way : and, by habit and emulation, a marvellous dexterity is acquired in these practices. And thus the natives in their turn, in proportion to their commerce with the Europeans, and (I am sorry to add) particularly with the English, become jealous, insidious, and revengeful." - Sir Isaac Newton concerning trade with Africa in "Posthumous Works pp 240 and 241."

This explains so much on the thinking and it has never changed.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Those conflicts should have been explored before you even got married. Ya'll are inserting race into what is really a compatibility issue. You could ask that same exact question with both parties being black. What if the black chick you're dating is the daughter of a cop? Do you stop dating her because you are involved in anti-police brutality protests? The answer to your question is you don't marry anyone who will force you to change your core principles regardless of race.

So nothing changes after you get married. Thanks learned something new today!

Its not a compatibility issue.

Once again like I said earlier whats understood doesn't need to be said.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    Lol

LMAO.

Off the top of my head -

Freedom of Speech
    Due process
    Charity
    Civic responsibility
    Democracy
    Free market systems
    Freedom of religion

Etc

I've considered all these things.....and I agree.

There are GREAT things about this country. But we are not tested as equals even now.... And this country and the current way of operating will NOT last forever.... Even if it doesn't happen in our lifetime, or children or grandchildren will experience the change...

Living off of the land. We've got to get back to that. I'm telling yall. Because when you are forced to.... Then what?

I'll take my chances getting as far away from "The Beast" as possible. And even of I DON'T perfect it, I wouldn't mind bring the progenitor that took the step to start something for mine so they can thrive.

This is a very interesting perspective. Admittedly, I have not delved into the spiritual warfare we are fighting in this era, nor the role that America plays in this ...
    I should, it is important to my beliefs.

With the knowledge I have now, I still contend that the spiritual, moral, and economic reasons for destroying Western civilization are seperate from the issues of Racism and White Supremacy.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Lol

LMAO.

Off the top of my head -

Freedom of Speech
    Due process
    Charity
    Civic responsibility
    Democracy
    Free market systems
    Freedom of religion

Etc

How do you know those weren't in existence prior to the creation of the United States? I can tell you haven't studied much of history outside of Europe and Western Asia to showcase that this was through studying other people that the Europeans began to cultivate these ideas to create this nation.

Freedom of religion - Mali, Ghanian empire, Songhay, Mongol Empire - No one cared if you was a Jew, Christian, or Muslim or a non-believer as far as government was concerned and it was rule of law.

Due Process - There was numerous of nations that had outstanding due process laws

Charity - Ain't no one gave as much as Mansa Musa the King of Mali. His charity is could be considered legend, but we know it was factual that he gave so much gold through charity in Egypt that it made Gold worthless and then rebuild their economy back up for messing it up.

Freedom of Speech/Democracy - existed in the Igbo people, in majority of the states they proclaim they had no King and rule from a group voting. The Dogon has no King, the Twa has no king and etc democracy was invented in the area prior to that.

Look up the 1929 Nigerian marketplace riots - women controlled the market place and businesses.

Study brotha. Study. Ain't nothing in America that we didn't have prior. They invented nothing, but the patent office.
  • Peace_79
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lol

LMAO.

Off the top of my head -

Freedom of Speech
    Due process
    Charity
    Civic responsibility
    Democracy
    Free market systems
    Freedom of religion

Etc

How do you know those weren't in existence prior to the creation of the United States? I can tell you haven't studied much of history outside of Europe and Western Asia to showcase that this was through studying other people that the Europeans began to cultivate these ideas to create this nation.

Freedom of religion - Mali, Ghanian empire, Songhay, Mongol Empire - No one cared if you was a Jew, Christian, or Muslim or a non-believer as far as government was concerned and it was rule of law.

Due Process - There was numerous of nations that had outstanding due process laws

Charity - Ain't no one gave as much as Mansa Musa the King of Mali. His charity is could be considered legend, but we know it was factual that he gave so much gold through charity in Egypt that it made Gold worthless and then rebuild their economy back up for messing it up.

Freedom of Speech/Democracy - existed in the Igbo people, in majority of the states they proclaim they had no King and rule from a group voting. The Dogon has no King, the Twa has no king and etc democracy was invented in the area prior to that.

Look up the 1929 Nigerian marketplace riots - women controlled the market place and businesses.

Study brotha. Study. Ain't nothing in America that we didn't have prior. They invented nothing, but the patent office.

Lol

I am not here to prove that America is worth a damn to you.

I am sure others who are better versed on the subject would be happy to disagree with you.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    I don't care who disagrees, but I have been put a lot of time and studying and research for years.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So nothing changes after you get married. Thanks learned something new today!

Its not a compatibility issue.

Once again like I said earlier whats understood doesn't need to be said.

It is a compatibility. You making a meaningless statement and then claiming it's not doesn't change reality. And once again, it's not even inherently a race issue. Again, you you can ask your exact same question taking out any reference to race:

If you have a spouse, and your moves might take food off of her family's plate or bring harm to them. If she brings these issues to you what are you going to do? Continue to improve your lot or back off because that is bringing stress and arguments into your home because things you are doing are affecting your spouse's family?

I basically restated your question without any mention of race, and the question is just as valid. You just shoe horned race into it. The fact is you have to ask and answer this question whether you're marrying within your race or not. It most certainly is a compatibility issue. You have to decide whether your principles, beliefs, and actions jive not only with those of your wife, but also with her family. If it's something you can make work, then fine. If you can't, that might not be the person for you.

If you have some kind of scenario where being pro-black is going to put you into direct conflict with your interracial fiance's family and this isn't obvious right away, please give it so we can see what you're talking about.