Options

Comments

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    i still stand by my vote..

wasnt gonna argue then and damn sure aint about to now..
    but if u think Curry is better then LeBron at anything other then shooting from the dressing room ur a ? idiot..

cause when he steps on the court ITS THE KIIIIIINNNG BIIIIITTTTCHH!!

I like how Curry stans never address this

No sane person denies that Lebron is a better all around player than virtually anyone who ever lived.

But when a player shoots THAT good and his team sets records and wins titles because of it, you have to give him the edge.

If Lebron didn't find his jumpshot, these Finals would have ended differently.

Lebron with a jumper is an unstoppable basketball player.

But lebron did tho. You can't argue hypotheticals when there was a real world result. This whole entire thread you were ridin Steph Currys ? like a camel jockey and when your light skinned savior didn't show up, you move the goal posts.

Stop it my ?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

but if u think Curry is better then LeBron at anything other then shooting from the dressing room ur a ? idiot..

No sane person denies that Lebron is a better all around player than virtually anyone who ever lived.

But when a player shoots THAT good and his team sets records and wins titles because of it, you have to give him the edge.

then whats the point of this thread??

Bruh... Lebron is a better all around player than Michael Jordan...

That is different than saying he is the best player of a given season... Or the best player, period - for that matter.

Scoring is proportionately more important than any other skill. If you are a dominant scorer and your team breaks records and wins titles - you are the best player.
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2016
    Options

But lebron did tho. You can't argue hypotheticals when there was a real world result. This whole entire thread you were ridin Steph Currys ? like a camel jockey and when your light skinned savior didn't show up, you move the goal posts.

Stop it my ?

NH.

Y'all love talking about men's ? . Chill out.

I am not arguing hypotheticals. I am talkin what's real.

Lebron with a consistent jumpshot is unstoppbale. He didn't have one during the regular season, and frankly he hasn't for the last few years...

Contrary to popular believe, a series isn't won or lost with one person. And NBA players ... even HOFamers, Who have accomplished much more than Steph; have performed poorly...

And *gasp* ... They've lost in the playoffs, too.

Shout to Magic, Micahel, Wilt, Shaq, Lebron, Hakeem, KAJ etc etc

Tripple teaming and roughing up Steph completely took him off his game. That's on him.

But that doesent erase what he's done.

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lebron James

That is different than saying he is the best player of a given season... Or the best player, period - for that matter.

Scoring is proportionately more important than any other skill. If you are a dominant scorer and your team breaks records and wins titles - you are the best player.

im glad u said he's a better overall player then Jordan so i dont have to..

but no..
    if u ask me who's the best im takin overALL things into account..

not to call anyone in here a ? outside of @S2J but think how ? will pass up on the man wit the good job.. good heart.. and good intentions because the other ? has good looks..

yes looks should be taken into account but it shouldnt trump all..

so what the ? can shoot..
    he still aint a better man then LeBron..

cause as wit age and looks..
    what can that ? fall back on once his shot stops goin!?

wit LeBron his shot aint goin he starts passin reboundin and shuttin ? on the opposing team down..

but u want to argue Steph is better!!?

? no!
  • Peace_79
    Options
    I can respect where you coming from. And to me it was always a toss up this year between the two.

If the ultimate objective is to win, and that shooting is so otherworldly, that it allows homie to WIN MORE than anyone else - the ? becomes simple.

Just my opinion... You make a good argument too.
    I can't take anything away from that.

Where I took issue was ? over exaggerating weaker parts of Steph's game and emotionally arguing irrelevant ? like his skin color, wife, kids, stature, and off-court demeanor... Like who tf cares.

After this playoff performance, you have to drop Steph a few notches - because he didn't perform when it mattered most.

A lot of y'all go overboard with the hate tho.

You can fail and still be a great player. Two things can be true at the same time.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    I can respect where you coming from. And to me it was always a toss up this year between the two.

If the ultimate objective is to win, and that shooting is so otherworldly, that it allows homie to WIN MORE than anyone else - the ? becomes simple.

Where I took issue was ? over exaggerating weaker parts of Steph's game and emotionally arguing irrelevant ? like his skin color, wife, kids, stature, and off-court demeanor... Like who tf cares.

After this playoff performance, you have to drop Steph a few notches - because he didn't perform when it mattered most.

You can fail and still be a great player. Two things can be true at the same time.

all of what u stated is why i hate arguin sports..

its usually emotional ? wit google at they disposal that got the most to say..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Curry is a terrible defender and meh passer and that's bad for a PG.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James

Lmao yo you a lying ? bruh that's not what happened in this thread at all

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James

Marvellous shooter is Stephen Curry. His shooting abilities Destabilize MOST OF THE teams.

But as we have seen in the WCF and FINALS, he needs to ADD SOME CP3 stuff to his game so he could do. Compensate with his Poor shooting nights.

He needs to Upgrade his court vision so he could find Hot players.

He need to Upgrade his passing abililities.

He is not far from attqining this level. I can understand why he didnt work it this year cause his shooting prowess was enough to beat eerbody.

But Champions prepare themselves for evry situations.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Bron catching up now LOL

The ic
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Shizlansky wrote: »

And he don't grab no rebounds. Westbrook a point guard and he grabs boards, so does CP3 miniature ass. Curry is justa 3 point shooter with pretty handles.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Lebron James
    Bron catching up now LOL

The ic

This debate has streesed that a lot of people in here dont BREAKDOWN players. They Focus too much on scoring.

Lebron is a 4 time MVP. He was willingly in cruise control the whole regular cause he as already proven.

He showed up at the right Moment to get that historic win.

LAUGH NOW CRY LATER.... That sums it up. The season is a Marathon.

• Peace_79
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

And he don't grab no rebounds. Westbrook a point guard and he grabs boards, so does CP3 miniature ass. Curry is justa 3 point shooter with pretty handles.

lol. This is what I'm talking about.

? just say ? to discredit dude.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Curry isnt better than Westbrook

Yes he is

they 1a and 1b at this point

shooting, efficiency, ball handling - Chef

defense, facilitating, scoring - AlphaRuss

depends on preference

I can get with that ... Although I'd give Curry the edge in "scoring" too.

You also have to consider that Russ has never won at a prolific rate while leading a team like Curry has.

There have been all kinds of players to put up monster stats but never win anything. Russ is top tier easily, but you can't put him above Curry yet.

He's got to prove it

This year Russ went a long way towards proving it.

To me this is a toss up, now.

As deadly as Russ is he has more mental breakdowns than Curry does

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Curry fans don't care that he is a defensive liability they don't care that he doesn't rebound they don't care that he turns the ball over they only care that he hits 3s and shimmys.... yet other players IE the Westbrook's Lebrons get picked apart...
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James

Naw defense wins championships
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Curry has shown Lebron @ Cleveland, Pop and the spurs in Oaktown and Westbrook and KD in the bay last night he's running this ? league now.

Had the 3 other title contenders and MVP canidates shaking their heads n ? . I mean come on now

If it aint obvious now then ? is just in denial.
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    If Westbrook and Curry switched teams who do y'all think would have the better success and before you answer take into account how steph benefits from having players that can run an offense allowing him to play off ball
    Stop it curry a liability on defense the stay hiding. LeBron then Westbrook then Anthony Davis
    Ibex wrote: »
    People voting for Stef obviously think rebounding and defense are not a part of basketball.

ill stop now.....
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Curry fans don't care that he is a defensive liability they don't care that he doesn't rebound they don't care that he turns the ball over they only care that he hits 3s and shimmys.... yet other players IE the Westbrook's Lebrons get picked apart...

Fallacies.

Non-emotional Basketball Fans are objective.

I've "picked apart" Curry numerous times for all of his faults, especially on the big stage. Others have too.

What I won't do is act like he's a ? or hasn't accomplished anything, cuz I don't like him ... which most of the posters on the other side of the argument are doing.

A couple corrections tho:

- ALL emotional Basketball Fans ignore faults of their favorite players - not just for Steph. You see more of Curry becsuse the media focuses on him.

I don't care about the media.

- Curry was 39th in Rebounding for the entire league. There was only one PG ahead of him... Yet he "doesen't rebound"

- Westbrook has been known to play poor defensive at times and make bad decisions in crunch time, as well. When is the last time you pointed that out?

- Newsflash, Westbrook turns the ball over and makes more poor decisions than Curry does. Where's the criticism for him???

I'll wait...

- 99% of professional athletes celebrate- including the dudes you mentioned. Stupid reason to dislike them.

• Peace_79
    edited June 2016
    Options

True...

But ... Exceptional offense almost one two in a row with 73 wins to boot...

Impressive huh? Going against the grain and actually being successful.

That's why he deserves credit...

That's also why y'all hate him...
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Lebron James

True...

BRUH WAKE UP!!! With all the talent and super shooting he and his teammates FAILED HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD, IN A HISTORIC FASHION!!!

Hes has lost his fresh crown. All his left for now is BLOCKS BY LEBRON ON HIM and LAST YEAR MVP IGGY. He didnt show up in HIS OWN TURF!!!

The gif, signature vine of his season is his NONCHALANT, I M NOT AWARE OF WHAT IS A STAKE- LIKE BEHIND THE BACK TURNOVER.

Good news he got a whole nother season to wipe that vid, especialls in the playoffs.

But after listening saying that they will SURELY BE BACK IN THE FINALS SEVERAL TIMES, i think that he hasnt still understood that notion:

Rather say WE ARE IN THE FINALS than We WILL with such an insurance that will be seen by the WC teams as cockiness and arrogance.

? forget that he was a quarter from not being in the Finals this year.

That nigfa Klay rocking BACK TO BACK shoes during games.

? that lack of HUMILITY is hindering the Warriors big imo.

They werent like this in 2014-15

• manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lebron James
    So this begs the question: if Love and Kyrie played in last year's finals (where Bron won 2 games with Mozgov as the second highest scorer) would GS even have a chip??

Furthermore, doesn't Cleveland winning this year, with GS being significantly better in 2016 than they were in 2015, prove that they only won because alot of the other teams got hurt last year??
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2016
    Options

True...

... With all the talent and super shooting he and his teammates FAILED ...

No one denies this.

The team needs a stronger inside presence to add balance and take the pressure of their shooting.

Steph and Klay combined for 1 Free Throw in Game 7 at home. That's Unacceptable. They relied too much on the three ball, and neglected the paint and it cost them.

That doesent mean that the core of their strategy was flawed or that the sky is falling like all you guys are claiming...

Calm down Bruh... Why are you screaming?

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Lebron James

True...

No one denies this.

They team needs a stronger inside presence to add balance and take the pressure of their shooting.

Steph and Klay combined for 1 Free Throw in Game 7 at home. That's Unacceptable. They relied too much on the three ball, and neglected the paint and it cost them.

That doesent mean that the core of their strategy was flawed or that the sky is falling like all you guys are claiming...

Im very calm lol. It takes more than talent to win it all and the main flaw of this historic, recordbreaking team is that NONCHALENCE, AND SOMETIMES COCKINESS.

Last year they were hell bent on defense. This year they werent and Kerr pointed this , especially turnovers, all season long. But Hey, they were 24 and 0. Greg Popovich wouldnt have tolerate that Attitude. And thats why the Spurs are that consistent and RESPECTED by all.

They need to get back to their roots: defense first, BALL CIRCULATION, and they will be deadly again imo.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    So this begs the question: if Love and Kyrie played in last year's finals (where Bron won 2 games with Mozgov as the second highest scorer) would GS even have a chip??

Furthermore, doesn't Cleveland winning this year, with GS being significantly better in 2016 than they were in 2015, prove that they only won because alot of the other teams got hurt last year??

You don't Play the "IF game" in sports.

That allows for any scenario that you like to magically become true in an alternative reality.

Them ? won, period.

• Peace_79
    edited June 2016
    Options

True...

No one denies this.

They team needs a stronger inside presence to add balance and take the pressure of their shooting.

Im very calm lol. It takes more than talent to win it all and the main flaw of this historic, recordbreaking team is that NONCHALENCE, AND SOMETIMES COCKINESS.

Last year they were hell bent on defense. This year they werent and Kerr pointed this , especially turnovers, all season long. But Hey, they were 24 and 0. Greg Popovich wouldnt have tolerate that Attitude. And thats why the Spurs are that consistent and RESPECTED by all.

They need to get back to their roots: defense first, BALL CIRCULATION, and they will be deadly again imo.

I don't disagree with this.

I am not sure why am you are screaming at me tho.