Who is the Best Player in the NBA?

Options

Comments

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obviously they were a better defensive team last year. Andrew Bogut missing and Iggy hurting cost them on that end, too.

They need to get back to that.

But they have always been a dominant offensive team as opposed to a dominant defense team and yet they have still experienced success.

Rare in NBA history. People don't like that.

That's the point I was making.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lebron James
    Iggy wasnt hurting game 7. He looked normal.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    Fam.

Iggy and Bogut's health Game 6 and 7 was clearly a factor in the series.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    i still stand by my vote..

wasnt gonna argue then and damn sure aint about to now..
    but if u think Curry is better then LeBron at anything other then shooting from the dressing room ur a ? idiot..

cause when he steps on the court ITS THE KIIIIIINNNG BIIIIITTTTCHH!!

I like how Curry stans never address this

No sane person denies that Lebron is a better all around player than virtually anyone who ever lived.

But when a player shoots THAT good and his team sets records and wins titles because of it, you have to give him the edge.

If Lebron didn't find his jumpshot, these Finals would have ended differently.

Lebron with a jumper is an unstoppable basketball player.

then whats the point of this thread??

Bruh... Lebron is a better all around player than Michael Jordan...

That is different than saying he is the best player of a given season... Or the best player, period - for that matter.

Scoring is proportionately more important than any other skill. If you are a dominant scorer and your team breaks records and wins titles - you are the best player.

Naw defense wins championships

True...

But ... Exceptional offense almost one two in a row with 73 wins to boot...

Impressive huh? Going against the grain and actually being successful.

That's why he deserves credit...

That's also why y'all hate him...

... With all the talent and super shooting he and his teammates FAILED ...

No one denies this.

They team needs a stronger inside presence to add balance and take the pressure of their shooting.

Steph and Klay combined for 1 Free Throw in Game 7 at home. That's Unacceptable. They relied too much on the three ball, and neglected the paint and it cost them.

That doesent mean that the core of their strategy was flawed or that the sky is falling like all you guys are claiming...

Calm down Bruh... Why are you screaming?

Im very calm lol. It takes more than talent to win it all and the main flaw of this historic, recordbreaking team is that NONCHALENCE, AND SOMETIMES COCKINESS.

Last year they were hell bent on defense. This year they werent and Kerr pointed this , especially turnovers, all season long. But Hey, they were 24 and 0. Greg Popovich wouldnt have tolerate that Attitude. And thats why the Spurs are that consistent and RESPECTED by all.

They need to get back to their roots: defense first, BALL CIRCULATION, and they will be deadly again imo.

I don't disagree with this.

I am not sure why am you are screaming at me tho.

Wasnt my intention bruh. If you felt like that my bad real talk.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Fam.

It don't matter cuz last every team golden st faced had key injuries and they got mad when folk pointed it out
  • aneed123
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lebron James
    Fam.

Ur right but Kylie and love didn't play at all last year. Conley for Memphis was out tyreke Evans for the pelicans Beverly for Houston. All pgs who would make curry work or who he would have to defend at times.the deflection was well all teams got injuries yet this year u want bout and Iggy's injuries to be discussed.... can't have it both ways homie
  • Peace_79
    Options
    I am not making an excuse becsuse they are injured.

I just said that on the last page, Bruh.

The Cavs won the title and did what they had to do. Bron and Kyrie played extremely well and Steph was horrible for most of the series.

It doesent mean that we have to ignore facts.
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Did you just call that ? "Kylie" ?
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    So this begs the question: if Love and Kyrie played in last year's finals (where Bron won 2 games with Mozgov as the second highest scorer) would GS even have a chip??

Furthermore, doesn't Cleveland winning this year, with GS being significantly better in 2016 than they were in 2015, prove that they only won because alot of the other teams got hurt last year??

You don't Play the "IF game" in sports.

That allows for any scenario that you like to magically become true in an alternative reality.

Them ? won, period.

Draymond, the rest of GS players, and their fans weren't playing the "if" game when he was suspended game 5?? Oh....
  • aneed123
    Options
    Lebron James

Auto text on my phone go me. Not singling u out tho. I be had these discussions for 2 years. All I just said got dismissed and ignored now the same stuff is being said in defense of golden st. Remember the whole chip on their shoulder narrative?
  • Peace_79
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Auto text on my phone go me. Not singling u out tho. I be had these discussions for 2 years. All I just said got dismissed and ignored now the same stuff is being said in defense of golden st. Remember the whole chip on their shoulder narrative?

Word. I get that.

A LOT of the criticism is valid for Curry and Golden State.

But, I stop short I tearing term down and discrediting them ? . Personally I thought this season Curry proved himself to be the best in the league... He was that dominant. .. But This year's playoffs were beyond disappointing for that ? .

No shame in losing to an All Time Great like Lebron, but don't get completely outclassed as the MVP of the league.

? was embarrassing.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    So this begs the question: if Love and Kyrie played in last year's finals (where Bron won 2 games with Mozgov as the second highest scorer) would GS even have a chip??

Furthermore, doesn't Cleveland winning this year, with GS being significantly better in 2016 than they were in 2015, prove that they only won because alot of the other teams got hurt last year??

That allows for any scenario that you like to magically become true in an alternative reality.

Them ? won, period.

Draymond, the rest of GS players, and their fans weren't playing the "if" game when he was suspended game 5?? Oh....

Okay, ? ???

They were wrong too, lmao.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lebron James
    Lebron Hussein is clearly still the best player in the league. Nobody can make ? shake on both ends in so many facets at a high level like him. NOBODY.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    Lebron James
    Guess what happens when lebron's jumper is off.......Everything else happens. His signature play of the finals was a block. He was supposed to be Magic Johnson. Nah....That ? is Lebron James.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    He's eclipsed Magic IMO.
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Think of the landscape like a mile long terrain and ? are racing each other.

Lebron has accumulated 10 times the yardage (career) as Steph has so far.

And at his peak, Bron's velocity (prime) is one of the fastest of All Time.

This year, IMO Steph had a faster velocity than Lebron for the majority of the season...

2 things happened in the playoffs

- That ? Steph slowed the ? down
    - Lebron started sprinting
  • _Lefty
    Options
    Lebron James
    He's eclipsed Magic IMO.

In everything except passing.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    ^^ That's close, IMO.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    Lebron James
    Nah.... Not even close. Lebron can't throw no looks like that with his left hand, it's either his right, or both. Magic's passing was just that. Magic.

magicpass.gif
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lebron James
    Steph Curry will never be on Lebron's level as a player which is why so many of us went hard on Curry, let's just go on ahead and accept that. Lebron effects the game in far more ways than Curry, even when his jumper is broke. Lebron makes his entire team better not the other way around, Curry's team is designed to cover his flaws and make him better. That's the key difference between the two.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James

Them ? won, period.

How has this ? not been banned yet?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Lebron The Best Overall And Curry The Best Scorer...A Little Too Early For These Types OF Threads Tho

It Was Written....I Am....Nawledgdramus
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2016
    Options

Them ? won, period.

How has this ? not been banned yet?

ronburgundy.jpg

Yo ... This ? is legit upset from a message board.

There's other threads on the IC, Bruh.

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Iggy wasnt hurting game 7. He looked normal.

You don't heal from a hurt back that quick
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    I guess it's cool to try to discredit Curry now

I ain't never think he was the best but he still the man. He got mauled all series...? last 2

Klay the one who let them down. He had a terrible series and he ain't better than Harden

you mean the same Klay that guards his man so he can focus on shooting wild 3s and throwing behind the back passes in crunch time

The same Klay who got cooked by Kyrie and wasn't hitting shots/aggressive

He took no pressure off Curry the series....Klay played a game and a half worth of good ball in 7

A lot of dudes called him the best SG in the league after game 6 in OKC, he didn't show up as the 2nd option

Harrison Barnes let them down too but it's Harrison Barnes

Klay needs to become a better ball handler or learn to post up. Jefferson, JR, and Kyrie would've got embarrassed on Harden for a whole series

Smh... I do believe it was Curry who was getting cooked all series. Klay "D" up on Bron, Kyrie, JR, and Love and he played better than Curry in the series. His 37 pt battle against the 41 pts of both Bron and Kyrie....