Kemba walker option?
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Steph Curry
    R.D. wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Curry has shown Lebron @ Cleveland, Pop and the spurs in Oaktown and Westbrook and KD in the bay last night he's running this ? league now.

Had the 3 other title contenders and MVP canidates shaking their heads n ? . I mean come on now

If it aint obvious now then ? is just in denial.

? are you talking about

GS beat OKC

KD/Russ both outplayed Steph...come with a real argument

Did you watch last night's second match up?
    Yeah....the one where Steph beat West and Kev at the buzzer when he shot it from damn near Tulsa to win the game and almost put up 50? Like I said, if ? dont realize he's like a basketball robot by now I dont know what to tell you about your denial issues

Why is it so hard to just give him his props and admit he's on another level with the kinda season he's having statistically? It aint like the people that voted steph in this poll is on some fanboy ? ...you can really look at the stats, read the papers of his opponents hometown newpapers (like ive done) to gadge how dejected defenders and coaches sound, i mean..fawk you mean come wit a real argument? ? ...come wit a real argument why he's NOT running the league and not an Oscar Robertson fuckery one either
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Any of y'all thought about sending an anonymous email to these coaches, suggesting they -

"Make Curry play D"

? ... The answer is so simple.
    I mean ... I wonder when they'll figure it out.

Didn't Lillard drop 51 on Steph
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

^^ lol ... Would he have dropped 51 on ANYONE that night?

1) But hold up, Steph is so weak defensively - he NEVER guards the opposing PG, right?

That's ALWAYS Klay Thomspson ...

But when a player goes off-
    "Oh no... Nah that night it was Steph guarding him"

Convenient ...

2) This notion that great players can't get lit up by talented opposition is laughable.

-You don't think Dame Lillard is a capable scorer?
    -You don't think dude has motivation this season ... For that game... Coming out of the All Star Break he wasn't a part of ...

Really???

• dnyce215
    Options
    It is possible he could of dropped 51 on anyone that night.

Jordan had Pippen to do the same to play Defense on the best player on the floor. Jordan stepped in when Pippen wasn't effective.

I thought it was Klay job to guard against the opposing team point guard? Steph has to play Defense whoever is in front of him, or at least slow them down

True players can get lit up from time to time

Yes Lillard had to have motivation to score and dominate that night, and being an all star snub this year
  • Peace_79
    Options

I guess Russel Westbrook, Chris Paul, John Wall and everyone who's been lit up by Steph this season is a "bad defender" too... Smh

By that logic, here is a list of players who were "poor defenders" in the NBA.

John Stockton
    Hakeem
    Charles Barkley
    Michael Jordan
    Lebron James etc
  • dnyce215
    Options
    No they wasn't by any stretch of the imagination. Steph can create his own shot and he has a quick release. That what separate Steph from others before him.
    The three players you mentioned are solid defenders. I believe they are more advanced in the defense area of the game.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    No they wasn't by any stretch of the imagination. Steph can create his own shot and he has a quick release. That what separate Steph from others before him.
    The three players you mentioned are solid defenders. I believe they are more advanced in the defense area of the game.

To the bolded- without question.

I used that to illustrate how some have exaggerated statistics to force their narrative.

All of the players above have been torched by the opposition before

• dnyce215
    Options
    I agree, I want to see Steph step up on the Defensive side of the ball. I believe he is more than serviceable.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    Yeah. It is definitely the weakest area of his game. That and turnovers.

Dudes got a chance to be an All Time Great. I hope he continues to improve.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    Any of y'all thought about sending an anonymous email to these coaches, suggesting they -

"Make Curry play D"

? ... The answer is so simple.
    I mean ... I wonder when they'll figure it out.

Didn't Lillard drop 51 on Steph

Steph had 31pts in 3 quarters that game, Lillard had 29pts

Steph sat out the 4th quarter because the game was already out of reach, Lillard had 22 4th quarter points and stat pated his numbers to add insult to injury

Im fan of Lillard but that 51 performance didn't get any props from me
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? you a dickrider
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Too many people on cheapseats are afriad to change their mind with new information

For cryin out loud i voted for LeBron at the time . Then Steph showed he's taken it to another level and clearly its beyond debate he's #1. Simple.

You got ? holding onto Chris Paul as best pg simply bc thats what they said 2 years ago and they MUST stick to it
  • Peace_79
    edited March 2016
    Options

En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Man... Yall right ... He's not that good

Dawg we get you like steph a whole alot. but get his ? out of your mouth

Lol.

Dawg we get it - this ? got y'all looking like a moody female in denail, but go change your ? and quit hating
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    Kemba walker option?

When the playoffs start we gonna see what kemba is about
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Man... Yall right ... He's not that good

Dawg we get you like steph a whole alot. but get his ? out of your mouth

Lol.

Dawg we get it - this ? got y'all looking like a moody female in denail, but go change your ? and quit hating

Yo I agree Steph is the best player in the league, but nobody has to agree with you. Your fandom has come off a little strong bruh, dial it back a notch or 200, and learn to except the things you can not change.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    Meh. Point taken. I can see how it might come off that way.

It's less fandom and more about arguing what shouldn't have to be argued...

? is mind boggling.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    :joy:
  • psychobutcher
    psychobutcher Members Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Durant
    Westbrook is the best player in the league. Wardell Curry is the white people's champ. He's a good ? ... If a dark skinned, aggressive black man was anywhere close to being as disrespect as he is on the sidelines and after shots, it would be a national debate. How the hell is he the first player to get a unanimous MVP? I've seen Jordan, Kobe, Penny, Grant Hill, Lebron, KD, Russ, etc... play. He can't ? with any of them.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    ^ Some of that is true... Some of that is horseshit.
  • blu197
    Options
    Westbrook is the best player in the league. Wardell Curry is the white people's champ. He's a good ? ... If a dark skinned, aggressive black man was anywhere close to being as disrespect as he is on the sidelines and after shots, it would be a national debate. How the hell is he the first player to get a unanimous MVP? I've seen Jordan, Kobe, Penny, Grant Hill, Lebron, KD, Russ, etc... play. He can't ? with any of them.

If you try to knock on Currys season this year you're ? , period... NONE of those players you named did what Curry did this year (400 3s in a season, 30ppg with 50/45/90 FG%, 73-9 record, led NBA in steals, led NBA in ppg)

Westbrook is a great player but his game is completely reliant on his athleticism, i can Russ havin 3-4 good more years left at BEST while i can see Curry continue to do what he's doing now 7-8 more years if he stays healthy and in good condition
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    Kevin Durant
    blu197 wrote: »

If you try to knock on Currys season this year you're ? , period... NONE of those players you named did what Curry did this year (400 3s in a season, 30ppg with 50/45/90 FG%, 73-9 record, led NBA in steals, led NBA in ppg)

Westbrook is a great player but his game is completely reliant on his athleticism, i can Russ havin 3-4 good more years left at BEST while i can see Curry continue to do what he's doing now 7-8 more years if he stays healthy and in good condition

I'm not knocking his season, he's a great player. What I'm saying is that there are other factors in play for why he's so revered overall. The players listed skill sets were more complete, stiffer comp, and had better intangibles, a higher bball IQ. ALOT of Stephs shots are bad bball plays. If Russ is going to fall off, what do you think will happen to Curry when those "good" bad shots stop falling? His body is made out of PlayDoh... Kobe was greater than Steph will ever be, and whenKobe fell off, all of those ridiculous shots he used to make with ease started to look like the bad shots they truly were. Kobe at least had a great post game to fall back on.
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    Kevin Durant
    ^ Some of that is true... Some of that is horseshit.

You're entitled to your opinion, playboy.
  • blu197
    edited May 2016
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

I'm not knocking his season, he's a great player. What I'm saying is that there are other factors in play for why he's so revered overall.The players listed skill sets were more complete, stiffer comp, and had better intangibles, a higher bball IQ.

Couldn't be more false, the only players you listed where all those things may be true is Jordan, Kobe and Lebron; but the Penny's and Grant Hills of the world gtfoh with that ?