Who is the Best Player in the NBA?

Options

Comments

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    AD about to ? ? up and y'all don't even know about it. Dude been depressed, angry, and "underground" on some Batman Begins type ? .

It's been reported that he is just hungry to take Curry spot and become a leader of the Pels.
  • psychobutcher
    psychobutcher Members Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Durant
    blu197 wrote: »
    Westbrook is the best player in the league. Wardell Curry is the white people's champ. He's a good ? ... If a dark skinned, aggressive black man was anywhere close to being as disrespect as he is on the sidelines and after shots, it would be a national debate. How the hell is he the first player to get a unanimous MVP? I've seen Jordan, Kobe, Penny, Grant Hill, Lebron, KD, Russ, etc... play. He can't ? with any of them.

If you try to knock on Currys season this year you're ? , period... NONE of those players you named did what Curry did this year (400 3s in a season, 30ppg with 50/45/90 FG%, 73-9 record, led NBA in steals, led NBA in ppg)

Westbrook is a great player but his game is completely reliant on his athleticism, i can Russ havin 3-4 good more years left at BEST while i can see Curry continue to do what he's doing now 7-8 more years if he stays healthy and in good condition

I'm not knocking his season, he's a great player. What I'm saying is that there are other factors in play for why he's so revered overall.The players listed skill sets were more complete, stiffer comp, and had better intangibles, a higher bball IQ.

Couldn't be more false, the only players you listed where all those things may be true is Jordan, Kobe and Lebron; but the Penny's and Grant Hills of the world gtfoh with that ?

Penny and Grant Hill were ? beasts, young ? . Combination of size, athleticism, court vision, high IQ, etc... This ain't your imaginary world, ? . You can't erase their greatness.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For ? 's sake ... Lol

11215169.gif

Let's talk about how much better those players in the 90s were...

"They were soooo much tougher back then huh? They used to Body slam Point Guards when they got into the lane.
    THAT's REAL BASKETBALL!

15 miles up and down the court, uphill BOTH ways...

These kids don't have no fundamentals...

What with their ... Shooting... And ... Uh... Passing and ... Ball Handling
    Ridiculous

Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill would have averaged 80 if they played today!"

Hilarious
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    Kevin Durant
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    For ? 's sake ... Lol

11215169.gif

Let's talk about how much better those players in the 90s were...

"They were soooo much tougher back then huh? They used to Body slam Point Guards when they got into the lane.
    THAT's REAL BASKETBALL!

15 miles up and down the court, uphill BOTH ways...

These kids don't have no fundamentals...

What with their ... Shooting... And ... Uh... Passing and ... Ball Handling
    Ridiculous

Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill would have averaged 80 if they played today!"

Hilarious

I didn't say that, clown. You should shut the ? up. You've already been called out for been a Wardell ? rider.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrook is the best player in the league. Wardell Curry is the white people's champ. He's a good ? ... If a dark skinned, aggressive black man was anywhere close to being as disrespect as he is on the sidelines and after shots, it would be a national debate. How the hell is he the first player to get a unanimous MVP? I've seen Jordan, Kobe, Penny, Grant Hill, Lebron, KD, Russ, etc... play. He can't ? with any of them.

If you try to knock on Currys season this year you're ? , period... NONE of those players you named did what Curry did this year (400 3s in a season, 30ppg with 50/45/90 FG%, 73-9 record, led NBA in steals, led NBA in ppg)

Westbrook is a great player but his game is completely reliant on his athleticism, i can Russ havin 3-4 good more years left at BEST while i can see Curry continue to do what he's doing now 7-8 more years if he stays healthy and in good condition

I'm not knocking his season, he's a great player. What I'm saying is that there are other factors in play for why he's so revered overall.The players listed skill sets were more complete, stiffer comp, and had better intangibles, a higher bball IQ.

Couldn't be more false, the only players you listed where all those things may be true is Jordan, Kobe and Lebron; but the Penny's and Grant Hills of the world gtfoh with that ?

Penny and Grant Hill were ? beasts, young ? . Combination of size, athleticism, court vision, high IQ, etc... This ain't your imaginary world, ? . You can't erase their greatness.

All of that ? and still not better than Curry, Penny and Grant at their peak could barley lead teams to the playoffs let alone 60+ wins and titles like Curry...
  • Peace_79
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Fam...
    I definitely agree that there should have been a unanimous MVP by now- lots of political factors have gone into that.

But you just low key attributed Steoh Curry's success to racism, and said that he is no where near as good as players like Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill....

You questioned his skill- of ALL things, and his basketball IQ, and his work ethic (play-doh and bad shots comments).
    If he is shooting 50/45/90, those aren't bad shots anymore, b. That's called hard work...

Meanwhile ... Dude just had arguably the greatest offensive season in NBA history....
    You got ? putting him in the Hall Of Fame, today.

You more of a Hater than I am a fan.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    No choice but to officially switch my vote.

Cheph Curry that ? right now
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    I still say LBJ.

GS beating playoff teams in the dirt without him.

LBJ
    Durant/Curry
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    ? still arguing anybody but Curry? Lol
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    Kevin Durant
    Fam...
    I definitely agree that there should have been a unanimous MVP by now- lots of political factors have gone into that.

But you just low key attributed Steoh Curry's success to racism, and said that he is no where near as good as players like Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill....

You questioned his skill- of ALL things, and his basketball IQ, and his work ethic (play-doh and bad shots comments).
    If he is shooting 50/45/90, those aren't bad shots anymore, b. That's called hard work...

Meanwhile ... Dude just had arguably the greatest offensive season in NBA history....
    You got ? putting him in the Hall Of Fame, today.

You more of a Hater than I am a fan.

I clearly stated that Curry is great. You act like we haven't seen this movie before... A lot of his shots are bad basketball plays. I'm not knocking his ability to make them now, Kobe's post up, fade away jumper was unstoppable, until it wasn't. ? put everybody in the hall of fame. Pundits have to talk about something. To blatantly ignore the fact that he's more marketable to young white, frail, undersized children is stupidity. The only people I see wearing Under Armor is white people.
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lebron James

I clearly stated that Curry is great. You act like we haven't seen this movie before... A lot of his shots are bad basketball plays. I'm not knocking his ability to make them now, Kobe's post up, fade away jumper was unstoppable, until it wasn't. ? put everybody in the hall of fame. Pundits have to talk about something. To blatantly ignore the fact that he's more marketable to young white, frail, undersized children is stupidity. The only people I see wearing Under Armor is white people.

GIF--laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-laugh-are-you-kidding-me-Michael-Jordan-GIF.gif

? please... Open your eyes.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Lebron James
    I can't front. THe NBA loving one of its best players is light skin and not married to a dark women.

But curry is that ?
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    Kevin Durant

GIF--laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-laugh-are-you-kidding-me-Michael-Jordan-GIF.gif

? , my eyes are open and more focused than yours "focused one"... You wearing UA clown ? ? I don't even see that ? in stores.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Lebron James
    Only UA ? I see on black and brown ppl is the compression shirts.

• psychobutcher
    Options
    Kevin Durant
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Only UA ? I see on black and brown ppl is the compression shirts.

Louisiana sense... ? say anything. And at my gym, I see more Nike Pro Combat gear.
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    Kevin Durant
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I can't front. THe NBA loving one of its best players is light skin and not married to a dark women.

But curry is that ?

Of course they are. But you let these lil ? tell it, optics don't matter.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    ? talking bout Under Armor as a reason why Steph is overrated...

What's that tell you about this debate?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tankdog11 wrote: »
    Steph Curry back to back MVPs

called it
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Lebron James

?

Not ?
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James

? , my eyes are open and more focused than yours "focused one"... You wearing UA clown ? ? I don't even see that ? in stores.

The only name brand ? I wear on the court are my Nike wristbands and my basketball shoes of the moment (currently Jordan Superfly 3s). I'm that dude that still rocks Sean Jean and Starter Athletic shirts on the court with the rest of my gear being MacDavid or Russell Athletic from Big 5 (go ahead and hate- that ? is a conversation starter with the youngins haha).

With that said, when my Js are worn out, I'm copping some Curry 2s on the super cheap when the Curry 3s come out.
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    Kevin Durant

If you stop focusing on ? riding you could focus on the conversation. I've stated two or three times that dude is great. I'm saying that the unanimous MVP is ? and that his appeal to white people is the reason why that is.
  • Peace_79
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lol nah... Don't flip the script now, family.

Own that ? .

Here's some other things you said ...

I've seen Jordan, Kobe, Penny, Grant Hill, Lebron, KD, Russ, etc... play. He can't ? with any of them

Really??? Like for real?

Either you hating... Or you think he is overrated.

And you mentioning Under Armor to argue this, as opposed to his on the court play is laughable.

Didn't even know he had a contract with UA.
    But seriously - Who gives af?

Like that's the reason he is highly regarded... not leading his team to a Regular Season Record, back to back MVPs, World Championships, 400+ 3 Pointers, 50-45-90 at high volume, like a half dozen other records that he broke, clutch play, or the critical acclaim from NBA players past and present and sports writers alike...

Nah... You right - It's under armor

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol nah... Don't flip the script now, family.

Own that ? .

Here's some other things you said ...

I've seen Jordan, Kobe, Penny, Grant Hill, Lebron, KD, Russ, etc... play. He can't ? with any of them

Really??? Like for real?

Either you hating... Or you think he is overrated.

And you mentioning Under Armor to argue this, as opposed to his on the court play is laughable.

Didn't even know he had a contract with UA.
    But seriously - Who gives af?

Like that's the reason he is highly regarded... not leading his team to a Regular Season Record, back to back MVPs, World Championships, 400+ 3 Pointers, 50-45-90 at high volume, like a half dozen other records that he broke, clutch play, or the critical acclaim from NBA players past and present and sports writers alike...

Nah... You right - It's under armor

Do you know s.curry? Why are you acting like this?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lebron James
    Lebron is still the best player in the world

Can yall take that no sign back and apologize please
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    ? looking dumb in here