Cam Newton for MVP? The madness has to stop...

Options

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, Killah getting this ? based off the last 2-3 weeks alone.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a 3 horse race. As I see it currently....

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

Cam isnt having a season for the ages, but 11-0 is 11-0 and he's the main reason for that. It can change, but unless the Panthers end up with the same record a the Pats or Cardinals, he has to have it.

Newton 58.4% 3,273 total yards 32 total TDs 12 TOs 93.2 Rating
    Palmer 63.9% 3,714 total yards 30 total TDs 11 TOs 106.3 Rating
    Brady 63.7% 3,957 total yards 34 total TDs 8 TOs 102.8 Rating

And they're quarterbacking the 3 highest scoring offenses in the league.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wana see him win
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

Cam isnt having a season for the ages, but 11-0 is 11-0 and he's the main reason for that. It can change, but unless the Panthers end up with the same record a the Pats or Cardinals, he has to have it.

I hear you, but be careful. Stats/facts are hating.

Brady having a way higher completion percentage is because Cam's receivers can't catch. Ignore the fact that Patriots receivers have more drops, or you're a hater.

What really sets Cam apart is he scores points...period. And your hating ass BETTER not bring up Brady scoring more points.

And in the Red Zone is where Cam is CRAZY dangerous. But I bet you're just gonna bring up that the Pats score TD's on a higher percentage of their red zone trips than the Panthers.

Stop focusing on that and just praise the gawd.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, how did I miss this thread.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

Brady having a way higher completion percentage is because Cam's receivers can't catch. Ignore the fact that Patriots receivers have more drops, or you're a hater.

What really sets Cam apart is he scores points...period. And your hating ass BETTER not bring up Brady scoring more points.

And in the Red Zone is where Cam is CRAZY dangerous. But I bet you're just gonna bring up that the Pats score TD's on a higher percentage of their red zone trips than the Panthers.

Bruh dropping stats isn't hating, dropping half the stats and ignoring the other half is hating.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    804 wrote: »

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

Bruh dropping stats isn't hating, dropping half the stats and ignoring the other half is hating.

C'mon now. I've pointed out a lot of stats, and got called a hater for it. Cam's career completion percentage is 59.3, and he's usually not even in the top 20 in completion percentage. I don't think he's ever broken the top 15, and he's only thrown above the league completion average once in his career. Based on this I said passing is a weakness, and got called a hater.

Options

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

C'mon now. I've pointed out a lot of stats, and got called a hater for it. Cam's career completion percentage is 59.3, and he's usually not even in the top 20 in completion percentage. I don't think he's ever broken the top 15, and he's only thrown above the league completion average once in his career. Based on this I said passing is a weakness, and got called a hater.

I guess if that's the only thing they're basing the voting on, that being completion percentage, then I guess you're right. There's no way Cam wins the mvp
  • bow to royalty
    Options

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

I guess if that's the only thing they're basing the voting on, that being completion percentage, then I guess you're right. There's no way Cam wins the mvp

haha nah definitely not the only thing. But y'all are talkin about him like his game is flawless, and pointing out flaws is hating. Facts are just facts. Then y'all make up ? excuses about it being because of Benjamin being out. This dude's done the same thing his whole career, but Benjamin is out this year, and that's the only reason it's low. Cam's ballin out, and probably in the lead for MVP, but y'all are lyin to make him seem flawless.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    People are gettin WAY too caught up in the Panthers record and calling Cam Newton the MVP. This dude shouldn't even be getting serious consideration in my opinion. His numbers aren't that great, and his team is pretty damn good without him. MVP is usually chosen from 2 categories, and he's not leading in either.

1) Individual stats and level of play
    2) How essential you are to team success.

AP or Brady I get. Cam Newton? Hell no

yo my ? are you a white middle aged

Haha nah. Black. Got a few years left until I hit middle aged.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

The bold is ? and you know it. Using stats like that is the end all be all of certain discussions is foolish. Stats only tell PART of the story not the WHOLE story. So when discussing MVP candidates stats are an important part of the equation but to act like stats is the only thing that matters is just dumb.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

The bold is ? and you know it. Using stats like that is the end all be all of certain discussions is foolish. Stats only tell PART of the story not the WHOLE story. So when discussing MVP candidates stats are an important part of the equation but to act like stats is the only thing that matters is just dumb.

Agreed. I think you should look at stats, what factors made the stats, and make evaluations from there. It wasn't used as an end all be all. Did you read the thread? Defenses, receivers, injuries, quality of the team outside the QB, have all been discussed
  • D. Morgan
    Options

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

Agreed. I think you should look at stats, what factors made the stats, and make evaluations from there. It wasn't used as an end all be all. Did you read the thread? Defenses, receivers, injuries, quality of the team outside the QB, have all been discussed

I've read the thread IMO it stills seems like too many people only using stats.
  • bow to royalty
    Options

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

I hear you. But I think stats help us not get caught up in big moments. Like Ginn dropping 1 breakaway TD stands out more than Edelman dropping 3 catches on 2nd downs that would have gotten a first down. So in a week you'll forget Edelman's bad hands, but still be calling Ginn a ? that can't catch.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remaining games:

Falcons
    Giants
    Falcons
    Bucs

All are winnable, so let's see if they can pull it off. It'd suck if they went undefeated and lost their first playoff game, though.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm certain not a lot of people predicted the panthers would be this good
    I personally didn't think they would be a .500 team
    and that was before cam lost his number 1 receiver

yet instead of another setback, the panthers ascended to the top of the NFC. the defense played a big part, but they'd be a 4-6 win team if it wasn't for cam. dude has been balling with only one legit weapon in Olsen. he's making playmakers out of devin funchess, philly brown and hands of stone Ted Ginn. and cam is their biggest weapon overall because of what he can do through the air and on the ground. y'all might laugh when I say this because I know what his completion percentage says. but I don't think you watch the games. if you did you'll see cam has been DEAD accurate this season. putting the ball between the numbers and hitting his receivers in stride. not it's obviously up to them to catch it (Ted Ginn) and cams made some mistakes but he's doing his part

dude has two games with 5 passing TDS. he's already surpassed his career high in TDS with four more games left to play. nearly 500 yards rushing with 7 rush TDS. 32 TDS in total and there's still a quarter of the season left. a few fourth quarter comebacks. and he hasn't lost a game for his team. he IS the panthers offense. show dude some respect

and finally, no disrespect to Brady, but are y'all not tired of the same ? people winning the MVP? the last 8 winners have been manning, brady, rodgers, and peterson. Peterson is the lone RB and only one time victor in the bunch. time for some new blood.

I'll close this thesis by saying this...? the MVP. after all dude has overcome I want to see him hoist that Lombardi trophy.....since my team isn't going anywhere. ? the Giants
  • D. Morgan
    Options

yet instead of another setback, the panthers ascended to the top of the NFC. the defense played a big part, but they'd be a 4-6 win team if it wasn't for cam. dude has been balling with only one legit weapon in Olsen. he's making playmakers out of devin funchess, philly brown and hands of stone Ted Ginn. and cam is their biggest weapon overall because of what he can do through the air and on the ground. y'all might laugh when I say this because I know what his completion percentage says. but I don't think you watch the games. if you did you'll see cam has been DEAD accurate this season. putting the ball between the numbers and hitting his receivers in stride. not it's obviously up to them to catch it (Ted Ginn) and cams made some mistakes but he's doing his part

dude has two games with 5 passing TDS. he's already surpassed his career high in TDS with four more games left to play. nearly 500 yards rushing with 7 rush TDS. 32 TDS in total and there's still a quarter of the season left. a few fourth quarter comebacks. and he hasn't lost a game for his team. he IS the panthers offense. show dude some respect

and finally, no disrespect to Brady, but are y'all not tired of the same ? people winning the MVP? the last 8 winners have been manning, brady, rodgers, and peterson. Peterson is the lone RB and only one time victor in the bunch. time for some new blood.

I'll close this thesis by saying this...? the MVP. after all dude has overcome I want to see him hoist that Lombardi trophy.....since my team isn't going anywhere. ? the Giants

Cam kinda of ? me off with his completion percentage because it could be a lot higher. I say that because I watch panthers games just to see what he going to do. ? damn near like must see tv for me. If you look at Cam the majority of his bad to errant throws is when his mechanics is all ? up cause he just believes his arm alone can get the ball there. Too many times during the game he just wings the ball cause it actually works some of the time. If Cam would use his mechanics on 90+% of his throws its possible his completion percentage would be at least 5 points higher.

Cam is a special player and IMO deserves all the MVP consideration and talk he is getting.
  • bow to royalty
    Options

Cam kinda of ? me off with his completion percentage because it could be a lot higher. I say that because I watch panthers games just to see what he going to do. ? damn near like must see tv for me. If you look at Cam the majority of his bad to errant throws is when his mechanics is all ? up cause he just believes his arm alone can get the ball there. Too many times during the game he just wings the ball cause it actually works some of the time. If Cam would use his mechanics on 90+% of his throws its possible his completion percentage would be at least 5 points higher.

Cam is a special player and IMO deserves all the MVP consideration and talk he is getting.

Before Sundays game I couldn't give it to him. As of right now, I can see him winning MVP though. And THANK YOU for aknowledging his passing. People are acting it's completely Ginn and Benjamin, even though it's been like this his whole career.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »
    Remaining games:

Falcons
    Giants
    Falcons
    Bucs

All are winnable, so let's see if they can pull it off. It'd suck if they went undefeated and lost their first playoff game, though.

Could be a tough one vs SEA
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

I hear you. But I think stats help us not get caught up in big moments. Like Ginn dropping 1 breakaway TD stands out more than Edelman dropping 3 catches on 2nd downs that would have gotten a first down. So in a week you'll forget Edelman's bad hands, but still be calling Ginn a ? that can't catch.

He dropped 3 tho lol
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

He dropped 3 tho lol

I dunno what happened last week with Edelman. Those were just examples of how moments can get you caught up into thinking the wrong thing
    Options

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

He dropped 3 tho lol

But we making ? up though smh
  • bow to royalty
    Options

1. Cam
    2. Carson
    3. Uggies

He dropped 3 tho lol

But we making ? up though smh

Edelman didn't play. It was a scenario of getting caught up in more memorable plays. Why would I need to make up drops for a guy who's 4th in the league in drops, even though he's missed a quarter of the season?