THE FACE OF JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHRISTIANS, LETS TALK ABOUT IT

Options

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Romans thought Blonde hair and Blue eyes was some straight plebeian barbaric ? .
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    What does those pictures being around mean other than a lot of people hang them up???? What does the tv depictions of Jesus have to do with what is actually taught current by Christian theology???? And what is in the bible.

@BARON_$AMEDI please for once can you make a coherent argument that's not based on assumptions or flat out wrong information.
    LOL did you not read my first post? The bold in your own post explains it all. My ? you are not a child and I don't think I need to explain this ? to you like you are one. Why can you see "coherent arguments" whenever I'm speaking on ? ? in Islam, but not christianity? What is not "coherent" about me pointing out this blatant blasphemy of jesus being very popular all over the world. Why isn't the actual description of jesus in the bible super popular like the false one?
    I really don't get the point of this thread . what about all the hundreds of depictions of dark skin biblical figures that can be found in churches all over the world including Ethiopia.
    Yeah..........what about them? That's a good ? question, kinda like another way of asking the same question that I just asked. What about all the obvious statues and paintings of ? in egypt? But yet and still, ? like this keeps happening.
    Gods_of_Egypt_poster.jpg

Quit playing dumb my ? !

Christianity in Ethiopia was not started by white people. The Greeks and Romans never ruled Ethiopia.

Ethiopia is poor but it's not because of any religion.
    So where did christianity come from? It sure as hell didn't come from black folks or africa. THAT AINT OUR ? ! Talk to some ethiopians who's family never drank the kool-aid of outsiders.They will tell you the true story about christianity and Islam. So will none brainwashed black egyptions(yes, they're still there), somali's, and ? in etruria. Y'all gone seriously sit there with a straight face and believe that we stopped doing what we was doing since forever because some cracka showed up telling stories? Christianity is notorious for covering up, erasing, sugar coating, and rewriting their atrocities all throughout history. So is islam, but not as bad as christianity(and all forms of it). As an "AWAKE" black man who's ancestors were dumped on them islands by christian white devils, you should know this.

You might as well believe crackas never had nothing to do with hundreds of years of evil done to our people. We did it to ourselves, we sold all of our loved ones into hundreds of years of hell. Your ancestors just hopped on a boat and went to those islands freely, to work for free, ? AFRICA! Black people were also godless savages jumping around in trees until the white man gave us jesus and civilized us.................

According to the christian church of Ethiopia Christianity was introduce to the nation by Philip the evangelist when he converted an Ethiopian court official this account is actually in the bible and Judaism was in Ethiopia centuries before that and it was a king of Axum that made it the official religion.

My ancestors were the akan people from what is today ghana they admitted to selling slaves to Europeans so did the current traditional rulers of Dahomey and i can prove that because is has been well documented

The arguments you are making are not coherent to me because they don't prove what you are trying to make them prove. If i start making pictures of A WHITE MLK that becomes very popular is that suddenly going to make him white???? There is no blaspheme in making pictures of Jesus because Jesus walked on earth and the prohibition is against worshiping images of men not simply creating them. Black people did not draw those white Jesus pictures so why should we have a problem with whites doing so??? they can do what they please. You act as if black people believe everything white people portray is the truth so if Europeans make Jesus or ancient Egyptians white then automatically black people believe it. Niggga black people are not as stupid as you think they are

The problem with you is that you make too many leaps in logic and assumptions you are also very obnoxious
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Aight, you trolling now. This is just sad lol.

Ive seen that word "convert" soooo many times. If you look at history when it comes to the spreading of religions. The word "convert"is usually used as a substitute for "force".

and Philip don't sound african at all does it?
  • zzombie
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Aight, you trolling now. This is just sad lol.

Ive seen that word "convert" soooo many times.

and Philip don't sound african at all does it?

Neither is john yet their are many black Africans named john around the time of christ a lot of jews took greek names and when we talk about Christianity in Ethiopia there was no forced conversion by whites that is historical fact that was documented by the Ethiopians themselves so what the ? are you arguing??? you are the one that's trolling.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    If you look at history when it comes to the spreading of religions. The word "convert"is usually used as a substitute for "force". All the invaders of egypt "converted" people as well. Islam "converted" Somalia as well. Islam also "converted" christians to islam and christians "converted" muslims to islam as well. This happened in ethiopia if my memory serves me correct.

Somali's will tell you themselves and it's documented that they wasn't forced into islam.
    Blacks will tell you that we accepted Christianity during slavery, it's also documented.
  • zzombie
    Options
    You cannot just state something and have it be fact you have to actually prove it, the theology of Christianity does not indicated that Christ was white.

How individual cultures choose to depict him has nothing to do with the christian theology i.e the teachings of the Christ or what is laid down in the bible. In Ethiopia there are pictures of Christ and he's dark skinned in northern Europe he was depicted as white skinned the truth most likely is that he was brown and mixed looking like most of the people in that area called the middle east.
  • zzombie
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If you look at history when it comes to the spreading of religions. The word "convert"is usually used as a substitute for "force". All the invaders of egypt "converted" people as well. Islam "converted" Somalia as well. Islam also "converted" christians to islam and christians "converted" muslims to islam as well. This happened in ethiopia if my memory serves me correct.

Somali's will tell you themselves and it's documented that they wasn't forced into islam.
    Blacks will tell you that we accepted Christianity during slavery, it's also documented.

When i spoke of the conversion of Ethiopia there was no force involved European Christians forced conversions later on IN OTHER PLACES but that did not happen in Ethiopia and you need to be man enough to concede that fact. Your memory serves you wrong Christianity had slowly been growing in axum for a long time and when the king converted that was it the nation became christian and before that the similar religion of Judaism was there much longer. LOOK YOU ARE WRONG
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    ? Romans thought Blonde hair and Blue eyes was some straight plebeian barbaric ? .

They did and that's the funniest thing when White supremacists hold up Greek and Romans. They didn't like their ? .
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    I guess it's just a difference in opinion he looks ambiguous to me honestly.
    well... there ARE variations of white folk

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

They did and that's the funniest thing when White supremacists hold up Greek and Romans. They didn't like their ? .

White supremacists still love the fact the Greeks and Romans were White though, mostly White at least. But it is true the Romans didn't really like the Germanic types.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

Yeah, I'm fairly sure Alexander the Great was a White guy.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    You cannot just state something and have it be fact you have to actually prove it, the theology of Christianity does not indicated that Christ was white.
    And with this being said, your whole religion, it's stories, people, etc etc have just become irrelevant.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited February 2016
    Options
    POWERFUL POST
    The white European standard of beauty is a reflection of global colonialism.

Whenever you win a war(s) you get to write/control the narrative post-war. Then you get to put your image and likeness in the territories where you dominated, in a positive light, ie. White ? , blonde hair, blue eyes as the epitome of attractiveness.

Imagine if the tables were turned, and Africans went to Europe, and kidnapped white people and held them in chattel slavery for centuries, we'd be talking about dark skin and dreadlocks as the world wide beauty standard.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I was a little boy my Mother (along with most of the neighborhood kids) were forced to go to church. We hated it with a purple passion.

We had to wear those hard "church shoes" wake up early on Sunday morning, then at the church we'd be surrounded by imagery of white people (Murals, busts in his likeness, white Jesus in the stain-glassed windows, etc.)

Then as I got older, I thought about how our Mother's forced us to go to church, just my Grandmother, forced her to go to church........and so on, and so on.

All the way back to slavery, when it was forced (Christianity) on them by the white slave-master. It's not a coincidence that the slave-master's justification for introducing slavery was to keep us under control, and keep our behavior in check. Which was the same justification our Mother's used for forcing the church, ie. White Jesus on us. I look at it as the oppressed, taking on the characteristics of the oppressor.

Every black kid in my neighborhood had that same picture of white Jesus in their house. The picture of white Jesus peered down on these households surrounded by hopelessness, poverty, self-hate, self-destructive behaviors (ie. Alcoholism, drug abuse, domestic violence, all used to anesthetize the pain).

Traditions, and culture are the conjoined twins, fused at the hip, that give religion it's powerful emotive power that go to the heart of why we still continue to embrace white Jesus. Furthermore, they reinforce those post-colonial power structures resulting in scores of indoctrinated black Christians proclaiming their allegiance to white Jesus/? . Ever wonder why most black churches in the South (the hotbed of slavery) are filled to the brim with fat, single, black Mother's with a "sprinkling" of black men present.

As long as we stay marred in the past accepting these false images, we will be like Usain Bolt, running in quicksand (All the power and speed from being "born gifted" but going nowhere fast). This is my clarion call to my fellow ill community posters. Take the chains off your brains and reject white Jesus, white ? , white angels.....All white everything!!

• kingblaze84
    Options
    And with this being said, your whole religion, it's stories, people, etc etc have just become irrelevant.

Basically. If it wasn't for White men who were colonizing and murdering up and down the globe, Christianity in Africa would have very likely stayed isolated in Ethiopia, one with little facts and evidence to ever prove itself, up until this day.

It makes sense a religion as violent and savage as Christianity was mostly spread through the efforts of massive bloodshed and eventually colonization. If outer space aliens worship the Giant Spaghetti Monster and eventually colonize all of humanity, guess which religion most humans would be on now lol......

quote-when-the-missionaries-arrived-the-africans-had-the-land-and-the-missionaries-had-the-bible-they-jomo-kenyatta-243272.jpg

• kingblaze84
    Options
    When I was a little boy my Mother (along with most of the neighborhood kids) were forced to go to church. We hated it with a purple passion.

We had to wear those hard "church shoes" wake up early on Sunday morning, then at the church we'd be surrounded by imagery of white people (Murals, busts in his likeness, white Jesus in the stain-glassed windows, etc.)

Then as I got older, I thought about how our Mother's forced us to go to church, just my Grandmother, forced her to go to church........and so on, and so on.

All the way back to slavery, when it was forced (Christianity) on them by the white slave-master. It's not a coincidence that the slave-master's justification for introducing slavery was to keep us under control, and keep our behavior in check. Which was the same justification our Mother's used for forcing the church, ie. White Jesus on us. I look at it as the oppressed, taking on the characteristics of the oppressor.

Every black kid in my neighborhood had that same picture of white Jesus in their house. The picture of white Jesus peered down on these households surrounded by hopelessness, poverty, self-hate, self-destructive behaviors (ie. Alcoholism, drug abuse, domestic violence, all used to anesthetize the pain).

Traditions, and culture are the conjoined twins, fused at the hip, that give religion it's powerful emotive power that go to the heart of why we still continue to embrace white Jesus. Furthermore, they reinforce those post-colonial power structures resulting in scores of indoctrinated black Christians proclaiming their allegiance to white Jesus/? . Ever wonder why most black churches in the South (the hotbed of slavery) are filled to the brim with fat, single, black Mother's with a "sprinkling" of black men present.

As long as we stay marred in the past accepting these false images, we will be like Usain Bolt, running in quicksand (All the power and speed from being "born gifted" but going nowhere fast). This is my clarion call to my fellow ill community posters. Take the chains off your brains and reject white Jesus, white ? , white angels.....All white everything!!

Amen brotha.

chrisrock.jpg

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Before the Romans, the Greeks came to Kemet in an attempt to learn and later conquer. As did many other places and groups.

The greeks fully conquered Egypt? How when greek mercenaries fought for Egypt area. Yes I admit that there were visitations and Greek did establish cities in Egypt but there was no widespread conquest or subjugation until Alexander time and Macedonia aren't white and Alexander himself isn't depicted as white. And after his death Egypt was considered independent

Alexander had a Hellenistic Empire and hit Kemet in 331 B.C. The Persians where there prior as well. Alexander is white, he was a swarthy individual perhaps, white none the less.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    Before the Romans, the Greeks came to Kemet in an attempt to learn and later conquer. As did many other places and groups.

The greeks fully conquered Egypt? How when greek mercenaries fought for Egypt area. Yes I admit that there were visitations and Greek did establish cities in Egypt but there was no widespread conquest or subjugation until Alexander time and Macedonia aren't white and Alexander himself isn't depicted as white. And after his death Egypt was considered independent

Alexander had a Hellenistic Empire and hit Kemet in 331 B.C. The Persians where there prior as well. Alexander is white, he was a dark individual, white bone the less.

So Persians are white now to? ? crazy

To every single person in this thread if you can explain what exact nationalities are white.
  • zzombie
    Options

religion is based primarily on faith YOU HOWEVER JUST LIED ABOUT PROVEN HISTORICAL FACT and refuse to admit it which shows how intellectually dishonest you are
  • Ajackson17
    Options
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

I understand that but there is such a wide classification especially in the historical sense that it almost inherently makes it irrelevant at least until later centuries
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Alexander had a Hellenistic Empire and hit Kemet in 331 B.C. The Persians where there prior as well. Alexander is white, he was a dark individual, white bone the less.

So Persians are white now to? ? crazy

To every single person in this thread if you can explain what exact nationalities are white.

No exact nationality is White, but most Europeans (Greeks, Italians, Swiss, etc) are definitely White.

Persia is in modern day Iran and I personally don't consider Persians White. I'm sure some Persians were or are White though.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    hqdefault.jpg

That's a Persian mural right? I've met a few Iranians in NY and while many are light, many are dark too. It's why I don't consider most Iranians White.

• Ajackson17
    Options
    hqdefault.jpg

That's a Persian mural right? I've met a few Iranians in NY and while many are light, many are dark too. It's why I don't consider most Iranians White.

yUP
  • zzombie
    Options
    there is a difference between Iranian and Persian the "old persians" descend from indo-european people who came out of the caucasus mountains which indicates that they are white to me