THE FACE OF JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHRISTIANS, LETS TALK ABOUT IT

Options

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Did Africans trade African slaves before or after colonization or first contact from outsiders ??

Africans were selling slaves to each other way before European colonization it's just that africans did not treat their slaves like chattel.

Were they trading slaves with the settlers along the coast, or only to other Africans?

look slavery is as African as drums and it is perfectly logical to assume that Africans always practiced slavery just like everyone else. This practice of slavery was of course made worse by the arrival of Europeans but really i think if you look at the cultural practices of some of the African nations it becomes clear that slavery was practiced among African people before the coming of outsiders

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did Africans trade African slaves before or after colonization or first contact from outsiders ??

Africans were selling slaves to each other way before European colonization it's just that africans did not treat their slaves like chattel.

Were they trading slaves with the settlers along the coast, or only to other Africans?

look slavery is as African as drums and it is perfectly logical to assume that Africans always practiced slavery just like everyone else. This practice of slavery was of course made worse by the arrival of Europeans but really i think if you look at the cultural practices of some of the African nations it becomes clear that slavery was practiced among African people before the coming of outsiders
    Not denying slavery in Africa , just looking for an answer to were slaves only traded amongst Africans or did africans sell other African slaves to the Early settlers on the coast

• zzombie
    Options

Not denying slavery in Africa , just looking for an answer to were slaves only traded amongst Africans or did africans sell other African slaves to the Early settlers on the coast

they would have sold slaves to everybody
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Historically speaking relative to American slavery slaves and indentured servants were treated "well."
  • jetlifebih
    Options

Makes my soul burn a little bit...

At the same time reinforces my belief that all blood isn't my blood...
  • zzombie
    edited February 2016
    Options

Listen less than 100 years ago the Germans waged genocidal wars against France and much of Europe today there is the European union. Holding some grudge against Africans who are our genetic and natural allies for something their ancestors did hundreds of years ago is senseless and counter productive.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was more like POW's integrating them into their society or debt servitude. Nothing like Chattel slavery.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Is this Iranian white? Most Iranians are olive skinned from what I've seen
    yes, Ahmadinejad is a ?

also, do you know who commonly gets called olive-skinned? among others, two groups you called "definitely White"

LOL no he's not. That racial category thing you use is outdated as hell, people in the Middle East are saying the same thing. I agree some Persians are white but Ahmadinejad? BWAHAHA no ? way.

You consider dark ass Indians white too, total nonsense.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Humans suck lol.....but it's not like ALL Africans were involved in that ? . There's wicked people in all races and even then, African slavery wasn't as ? up and cruel as American chattel style slavery.
  • jetlifebih
    Options

Listen less than 100 years ago the Germans waged genocidal wars against France and much of Europe today there is the European union. Holding some grudge against Africans who are our genetic and natural allies for something their ancestors did hundreds of years ago is senseless and counter productive.
    I'm going to research the topic a little more but

It's not so much of a grudge to the full extent, but I used to feel like helping as many brothers and sisters as possible, even being patient with the ones who don't want to listen, now it's more of a , I'm focused on me and the little ones who come after me, That's it... Can't really trust anybody to have your best interest at heart, even if we share the same blood, land and ancestors
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not so much of a grudge to the full extent, but I used to feel like helping as many brothers and sisters as possible, even being patient with the ones who don't want to listen, now it's more of a , I'm focused on me and the little ones who come after me, That's it... Can't really trust anybody to have your best interest at heart, even if we share the same blood, land and ancestors

But no one talks about the countless Africans fighting against slavery.

Queen Nzinga anyone.
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

But no one talks about the countless Africans fighting against slavery.

Queen Nzinga anyone.
    Just read a quick wiki on her, dam she was amazing

I'm surprised she lived to be 80! at that time, The queen was bustin her gun
  • Aquafina..floe
    Aquafina..floe Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm holding my stance with white people are the devil. Everything else I said cud project cognitive dissonance but I hold my stance on white demons
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    LOL no he's not. That racial category thing you use is outdated as hell, people in the Middle East are saying the same thing. I agree some Persians are white but Ahmadinejad? BWAHAHA no ? way.
    wrote, he's white. if you want to play the game of "Indians can't be white because of their complexion," then note that you're calling "olive-skinned" non-white while calling olive-skinned Greeks and Italians "white."

maybe one day you'll actually get how arbitrary this is.
  • zzombie
    edited February 2016
    Options
    To be white means your genetic background comes from the native people of europe admemijad (? spelling his name) is not white he's not even persian.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Bodhi wrote: »
    Nobody knows what Jesus looks like.

charliemurphywrong.gif

Revelations 1:14
    "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace"

If you read further, it also says he had a double edged sword sticking out of his mouth.
    I doubt Jesus walked around like that, if he did indeed exist.
    In context, this is an apocalyptic vision, not an accurate depiction of Christ.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    wrote, he's white. if you want to play the game of "Indians can't be white because of their complexion," then note that you're calling "olive-skinned" non-white while calling olive-skinned Greeks and Italians "white."

maybe one day you'll actually get how arbitrary this is.

I understand some Greeks and Italians can get a little dark themselves, but I've never seen one as dark as an Indian or Ahmadinejad lol.....matter of fact, I asked my Pakistani friend if he considers himself white and he said hell no. He said no one in his huge family considers themselves white either, so it seems many Arabs and others aren't buying what you're selling.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    I'm holding my stance with white people are the devil. Everything else I said cud project cognitive dissonance but I hold my stance on white demons

Understandable, considering their history.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    To be white means your genetic background comes from the native people of europe admemijad (? spelling his name) is not white he's not even persian.
    well, he's white. so either we're going further back than the random "Europe" you're thinking of or white people come from other places. after all, being HUMAN means your genetic background comes from Africa, so...
    I understand some Greeks and Italians can get a little dark themselves, but I've never seen one as dark as an Indian or Ahmadinejad lol.....matter of fact, I asked my Pakistani friend if he considers himself white and he said hell no.
    interestingly, i can definitely counter your anecdote with mine: i have. also...
    He said no one in his huge family considers themselves white either, so it seems many Arabs and others aren't buying what you're selling.
    Pakistanis are Arabs now?
  • zzombie
    edited March 2016
    Options
    well, he's white. so either we're going further back than the random "Europe" you're thinking of or white people come from other places. after all, being HUMAN means your genetic background comes from Africa, so...
    I understand some Greeks and Italians can get a little dark themselves, but I've never seen one as dark as an Indian or Ahmadinejad lol.....matter of fact, I asked my Pakistani friend if he considers himself white and he said hell no.
    interestingly, i can definitely counter your anecdote with mine: i have. also...
    He said no one in his huge family considers themselves white either, so it seems many Arabs and others aren't buying what you're selling.

EUROPE IS a place there is nothing random about it soooo what the ? are you talking about??? you are making no ? sense. Humanity started in africa but the group of gene mutations that created the different races did not happen in africa.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

I know some Pakistanis and other Middle Eastern people can be light, but to call dark ass Iraqis, Pakistanis, Persians, and Indians "white" sounds totally ridiculous, many Indians and Pakistanis, along with Persians, are DARK AS HELL, how can you say ALL Middle Eastern people are White?? I understand some Middle Eastern people are White, sure, but to blanket all as white is a huge mistake. You're using outdated modules on what constitutes white, no way in hell are these Pakistani people white smh

Indian-woman-in-Kolkata-w-008.jpg

3bf5dfa6ad3157af021a7858682e5095.jpg

• kingblaze84
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You cannot just state something and have it be fact you have to actually prove it, the theology of Christianity does not indicated that Christ was white.
    And with this being said, your whole religion, it's stories, people, etc etc have just become irrelevant.

religion is based primarily on faith YOU HOWEVER JUST LIED ABOUT PROVEN HISTORICAL FACT and refuse to admit it which shows how intellectually dishonest you are
    faith
    fāTH/
    noun
    noun: faith

complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
    "this restores one's faith in politicians"
    synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction; More
    optimism, hopefulness, hope
    "he justified his boss's faith in him"
    antonyms: mistrust
    strong belief in ? or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof

LOL let me ask you a few simple questions brotha.

1. Why do you(and a bunch of other people) believe the stories in the bible, people, places, and events are real and everything is true.......?

2. Why do you question, condemn, bad mouth, or completely deny other "faiths" different than your own by using non proven DOCUMENTS from your own(refer to/quote your bible)?

3. Is everything written in the bible historical facts, or just based off someones "faith"?

This is all mad confusing and makes no sense. Sort of like how ? says judging and killing is a sin. Then turns around and judges and destroys a bunch of ? having a ? party.
    You cannot just state something and have it be fact you have to actually prove it, the theology of Christianity does not indicated that Christ was white.
    And with this being said, your whole religion, it's stories, people, etc etc have just become irrelevant.

Basically. If it wasn't for White men who were colonizing and murdering up and down the globe, Christianity in Africa would have very likely stayed isolated in Ethiopia, one with little facts and evidence to ever prove itself, up until this day.

It makes sense a religion as violent and savage as Christianity was mostly spread through the efforts of massive bloodshed and eventually colonization. If outer space aliens worship the Giant Spaghetti Monster and eventually colonize all of humanity, guess which religion most humans would be on now lol......

quote-when-the-missionaries-arrived-the-africans-had-the-land-and-the-missionaries-had-the-bible-they-jomo-kenyatta-243272.jpg

LOL you peep how these ? be reaching for anything to save their religions fuckery. LOL at this weak as excuse.

"BU BU BU BUT, it was in one place in africa and we are really unsure of how that even happened knowing how white people have gotten down all throughout history till this very day"

The ? did this have to do with me saying that this is an outside religion? That it's a young religion compared to others? That it's a bad twisted copy of older religious beliefs/stories? That the religion was spread by force, trickery, brainwashing, assimilation, and bloodshed? These ? is the champions of dodge ball. ? sound like republicans when you ask them a straight question. ? sound like rick ross when questioning his past.

I skipped this post somehow but you're absolutely right. Christianity is much younger compared to most of the other African religions that were out there and one way or the other was introduced by outsiders.

Without all the colonialism and slavery, and threats to convert or die, Christianity would have mostly been isolated to parts of Europe and the Middle East and oh yeah, Ethiopia lol. And we see how Christianity is dying in the Middle East nowadays, and in many parts of Europe now as well.

Lol at the Rick Ross reference, when people tell a lie long enough, they believe it....
  • zzombie
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ACTUALLY in the very early history of Christianity it was not spread by the sword that happened centuries later and by that time Christianity was already popular and spread all over the middle east and north africa. People forget that Christianity was originally the religion of slaves and poor people.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    ACTUALLY in the very early history of Christianity it was not spread by the sword that happened centuries later and by that time Christianity was already popular and spread all over the middle east and north africa. People forget that Christianity was originally the religion of slaves and poor people.

This is mostly true, but I don't think it was ALL over the Middle East and North Africa. In certain places spread out, yes.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Nobody knows what Jesus looks like.

charliemurphywrong.gif

Revelations 1:14
    "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace"

If you read further, it also says he had a double edged sword sticking out of his mouth.
    I doubt Jesus walked around like that, if he did indeed exist.
    In context, this is an apocalyptic vision, not an accurate depiction of Christ.

I've done a little research and this is correct. The image of Jesus in Revelations was a vision, not a first hand account of what Jesus actually looked like. Revelations was written about 80 years after Jesus died, and it wasn't accepted into most Bibles until European commissions approved it in the year 419.

Until this day, many churches reject the Book of Revelations because many church leaders consider the Book of Revelations the ramblings of a random guy who saw visions, the way any random heroin addict can have visions.