Options
    I have free cable cause I know people who know people

I really only use cable for news and sports

Netflix and Hulu are what I really watch
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I got a unlocked Amazon box with some applications like Phoenix, movie 4K, navi,

They sell them on eBay for around 50-150$, one time price, all you need is an internet connection, and you can watch movies that come out in a week, movies in theatre, old movies, new tv shows, old tv shows, pretty much anything, all the nudie flixxx, pauper view events

Just gotta have wifi, stop paying for cable about a year and a half ago

@GabrielProsser can you get NFL sunday ticket with that unlocked amazon box?

Hell yeah, been a Giants season ticket holder since I got the box lolol, sometimes they give you ? commentators tho, but i don't use the nfl ticket I use the local sports channel and in new yorks its msg network, like the dmv uses Comcast sports network and so fourth, I've watched pretty much every laker game I want to

OH ? Knowledge is power!!
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I got a unlocked Amazon box with some applications like Phoenix, movie 4K, navi,

They sell them on eBay for around 50-150$, one time price, all you need is an internet connection, and you can watch movies that come out in a week, movies in theatre, old movies, new tv shows, old tv shows, pretty much anything, all the nudie flixxx, pauper view events

I believe you can bruh, using the Pheonix app.

Thanks for the info!!!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »

Smh white privilege always knowing someone i bet you know the damn Mayor

:s
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @yellowtapesport
    @numbaz...80's baby

Do you guys get something like "On Demand" where you can watch shows that already came on? I want to switch.

@obnoxiouslyfresh

Nah gorgeous

What I do like though is that you can search and record any show weeks/months in advance. You can also record it on your box in 1 room and still watch it on every cable box in the house.

mryounggun wrote: »
    I pay $67 a month with directv. I went a couple of years with just Netflix and streaming ? . It got old tho.......Netfix ran its course with me and I got tired of the lagging when I watched my basketball and football games. But for $67 I got 4 HD boxes, free nfl sunday ticket, $100 visa gift card and $100 from my mamma's referral.

Yeah, but ? all that. Who that in ya sig?

Lol, I'm not sure bro
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't had cable in years, just pay for internet. and I have "Sling T.V." when I want to games and ? or TWD. But I'm not even in the house enough to watch TV and the ? that be on tv smh, they killing me with the ? themes on every single show
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have a $79 package for Cable/Phone/Internet, but with all the extra fees and taxes, we end up paying ~140 a month. The contract is up in August. I was thinking about just getting internet and then subscribing to Hulu and Netflix. The problem is, that doesn't save a lot of money given that these cable companies charge a lot for internet. Internet alone is damn near as much as the packages. How have people gotten around that?
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »

Smh white privilege always knowing someone i bet you know the damn Mayor

:s

Ummmmm....
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hacked firestick and Netflix out here winning
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was $150 and went up to $164 couple months ago with Optimum.
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    175....we need a thrifty cable company who will help us poor folks out
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Well just to let ya know with that box am talking about( you don't have to quit ur cable all you need is Internet) dawg I stream live sports across the world, movies and tv shows cable killa am telling you... The only thing is finding what you are trying to watch at the moment and getting it off the stream which 9/10 you will find a good stream....
  • felliwonda
    Options
    @yellowtapesport
    @numbaz...80's baby

Do you guys get something like "On Demand" where you can watch shows that already came on? I want to switch.

This box am telling you I watch pretty much any tv show any season any episode is crazy... And yeah is something like Amazon Fire stick and Apple TV except this ? I got is free no subscription
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too much for wack ass xfinity. Rental agreement on my house says we can't have a dish tho (don't ask me why) otherwise i woulda switched cuz it's cheaper. I just got a fire stick with kodi and have netflix and all that but i do still watch live tv so it's worth it for now. I don't be in the mood to try to go through the internet to stream all the time.

all you have to do is tell them you going to cancel your subscription and they will adjust your bill...

Did that twice. First time they did it, second time they called my bluff lol

Lmao I told a agent last month "you know what? I'm just gonna switch to direct tv since you can't make it cheaper. How's that sound?" This ? was like "sure, I can help you with that."

I was like "I'm serious. I'm not kidding. You're gonna lose a customer."

No ? given.

I was like "lemme call you back."

that's why.. yall have to come at them like "I like the services yall have but I can't afford to pay x amount on what yall have"

what they have done for me.. is say "okay well I can give you our promotion we are running right now that is similar to what you have now and you can save x amount on your bill"
  • Manc
    Manc Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Found a link got free cable and high speed internet for a onetime payment ? the roi was probably reached after the 3rd month.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too much for wack ass xfinity. Rental agreement on my house says we can't have a dish tho (don't ask me why) otherwise i woulda switched cuz it's cheaper. I just got a fire stick with kodi and have netflix and all that but i do still watch live tv so it's worth it for now. I don't be in the mood to try to go through the internet to stream all the time.

all you have to do is tell them you going to cancel your subscription and they will adjust your bill...

Lmao I told a agent last month "you know what? I'm just gonna switch to direct tv since you can't make it cheaper. How's that sound?" This ? was like "sure, I can help you with that."

No ? given.

that's why.. yall have to come at them like "I like the services yall have but I can't afford to pay x amount on what yall have"

what they have done for me.. is say "okay well I can give you our promotion we are running right now that is similar to what you have now and you can save x amount on your bill"

Yeah, there are always promotions out there, and they are usually decent, but at the end of the day cable companies are always going to charge crazy fees and there will always be those extra taxes, so you're still going to end up paying more than what you first expect.
  • felliwonda
    Options
    All am saying if you can live without cable this ? here is way better than paying $100+ monthly on cable. I haven't had cable for over a year and just got the mv box man that ? is glorious am a soccer fan and nba fan I get to watch any game live any sport live nfl too for the nfl fans out there
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People keep saying that high speed internet is expensive. Just keep the Wi-Fi. There is a difference and Wi-Fi is always cheaper.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No ? given.

Yeah, there are always promotions out there, and they are usually decent, but at the end of the day cable companies are always going to charge crazy fees and there will always be those extra taxes, so you're still going to end up paying more than what you first expect.

I feel you well the moment my shut get over 120... they can keep that ? lol..
  • Africa United
    Africa United Members Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Options
    I´ve just cut the cord for the second time in 3 years. I make enough money as a teacher, but the $62 a month the cable company is charging is too much (especially when they brag that it´ll be rising again next year). I copped me a MXQ and have been with Smoothstreams since 2011, so I´m not missing anything.