Ya still paying a cable bill?

Options
12346»

Comments

• lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Google Chrome is coming to raleigh Durham man time Warner took an L. So I'm thinking of switching over to fire stick. But football is coming back. I warch college and nfl so I'm worried
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    So i went to my bro house to try amazon firestick ? was kinda dissapointing

Wwe didnt work
    Espn wasnt workn
    Only thing worked was searchn for old movies shows

everything streams fine on my firestick
    maybe its the internet?

This.

I ended up getting faster internet and haven't had any problems at all.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope.
    TWC stays sending me letters once a month asking me to "upgrade" from just internet.
    Bout to hit these ? up and tell them to stop sending me that ? .
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Playstation got the new ps vue thing too where you can buy specific channels

Yup. I think I'm a have to do this by the end of the year because my bill is creeping into the $170 mark and I'm not paying that much for cable($123) + Internet($42). I'd be better off paying $30 for PS Vue & keeping my Internet service $42.

Cable companies gone end up putting themselves out of business by overcharging ppl for cable TV. People are finding alternatives to cable now. All I need cable for is ESPN & TNA for basketball games.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ok need help this chick gave me her comcast xfinity info so i can watch live tv on mobile...thing is i wana get it to play on my tv..ps3 doesnt have a app so thats out the way

Some1 told me to get a laptop(tryna avoid this) n a hdmi cord

Edit: I use showbox n chromecast rn

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    So i went to my bro house to try amazon firestick ? was kinda dissapointing

Wwe didnt work
    Espn wasnt workn
    Only thing worked was searchn for old movies shows

everything streams fine on my firestick
    maybe its the internet?

His menu has hela ? on it....random apps

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    bull6599 wrote: »
    About $140/month for a basic cable package (w/ a DVR) & 50 Mbps internet. I got TWC. I really only got cable for sports though. If I wasn't a sports junkie I wouldn't even need cable.

im in the same boat.. i d/l all the movies/tv shows I watch. So only needed cable for live sports. Shout the homie @kinghassan with that slingtv. $20 a month. gets your sports channel (bunch of other channels too think its up to like 70 channels) all live streaming.

Had comcast called to downgrade to just internet. ? talking $90 a month.. JUST INTERNET. comcast out here acting like they got the game on lock. . naw got Att&t coming out Monday. think $50 for internet. Plus another $20 for the slingtv. cant wait to dial them ? up and pull the plug. ? comcast

Attnt is ass cheeks with slow internet. Enjoy waiting for your stream to buffer.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have terabytes of my favorite shows and Movies. high quality ? in 720p and 1080p, 3D, and 7.1 sound. For quick watching, most shows have small file sizes so it takes like 10 minutes to download, watch, then delete. It's better than streaming because there is 0 lag once downloaded. I download the entire series in HD if i want to keep it. It's a large file but once the download starts, you don't have to baby sit it. I have a Home Theater PC hooked up to the TV with a TV Tuner for local channels (via Kodi and and Media Portal) and i game on it (bootlegs and steam). I have a VR headset hooked up so i watch movies on super big screens when not using the projector.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About $140/month for a basic cable package (w/ a DVR) & 50 Mbps internet. I got TWC. I really only got cable for sports though. If I wasn't a sports junkie I wouldn't even need cable.

im in the same boat.. i d/l all the movies/tv shows I watch. So only needed cable for live sports. Shout the homie @kinghassan with that slingtv. $20 a month. gets your sports channel (bunch of other channels too think its up to like 70 channels) all live streaming.

Had comcast called to downgrade to just internet. ? talking $90 a month.. JUST INTERNET. comcast out here acting like they got the game on lock. . naw got Att&t coming out Monday. think $50 for internet. Plus another $20 for the slingtv. cant wait to dial them ? up and pull the plug. ? comcast

Attnt is ass cheeks with slow internet. Enjoy waiting for your stream to buffer.

Is att still dsl or do they have cable internet now?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I still have cable. Mother-in-law and kids generally watch the same stuff. WE have a phone through them but I am about to get a Ip phone to offset that. It is so cheap though. The phone is like $20 a month. I was looking at our bill and the stuff we pay for is exactly what we use. Internet, sports package, and DVR boxes.

I have the Chromecast and Roku but we only use that when we go out of town. I am looking for a all in one remote that I can control the roku and the TV without having to switch or use my phone. I put my phone down when I get home. I dont want to pick it up until I have to.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just got installed yesterday. talked to the guy he said At&t bought Directv so they try to get you to bundle just like comcast. as far as the speed haven't used it yet.

But my man was real and said its not as fast as comcast as they are running fiber optic and At&T guessing its DSL. but they are upgrading to fiber optic in 2017.. thats what he told me..
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

just got installed yesterday. talked to the guy he said At&t bought Directv so they try to get you to bundle just like comcast. as far as the speed haven't used it yet.

But my man was real and said its not as fast as comcast as they are running fiber optic and At&T guessing its DSL. but they are upgrading to fiber optic in 2017.. thats what he told me..

Yeah ATT is upgrading. DSL is ? compared to Cable but that is changing.
    http://www.cnet.com/news/more-at-t-customers-will-soon-get-access-to-its-fastest-broadband-option/

Google making them nervous with the fiber. Also you have 5G coming out in five or six years.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dope!, its in detroit too

I know grand rapids got the google fiber
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't had cable in a couple of years now. Streaming ftw
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? no

Kodi + genesis/sportsdevil + amazon fire stick + cell phone as hotspot = no commercials or cable bills
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes but only because it makes my Internet cheaper
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got the mxv box, what apps you suggest to get
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $260 all in on tv, Internet and mobile.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, my wack ass directv contract is up in February so i'll be on here asking a thousand questions early next year.

I have U-Verse internet and it works fine for me. Laptop, online gaming and Sunday ticking streaming works without any lagging at all.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BobOblah .....Smart man. I rock with the same plus everything is on the net. Find myself just channel surfing anyway. One less bill removing the idiot box. Not a big sports fan either so I ain't missing ? but caught up on everything at the same time. When they took off the OG Al Jazeera news I threw in the towel.