• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    So i went to my bro house to try amazon firestick ? was kinda dissapointing

Wwe didnt work
    Espn wasnt workn
    Only thing worked was searchn for old movies shows

Yea.....a ? doesn't have time for that ? .
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wwe didnt work
    Espn wasnt workn

Yea.....a ? doesn't have time for that ? .

I use showbox(app with movies n current tv shows) with chromecast to my 55 inch tv...
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, I got showbox. I've been watching The Wire and Power all week.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Man, all these options i thought i was tech savvy

Somebody list the options and are all these boxes the same? Where do you get the box, is kodi the app or the box? etc...
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint paid for cable in three years. I know the plug
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Somebody list the options and are all these boxes the same? Where do you get the box, is kodi the app or the box? etc...

I got the box in Amazon yo... Kodi is just an app already within the Box at least it should be installed already... Search up mxv cable box
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    By the way I have streamed live games... Quality wasn't excellent but I was aiight with it sometimes you might you might have to fight with it cause the stream quality but you got like endless apps to stream from like I said before if u are patient enough you wouldn't be dying to pay for that cable bill
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    felliwonda wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »

I got the box in Amazon yo... Kodi is just an app already within the Box at least it should be installed already... Search up mxv cable box

Bet. Good lookin out
  • Jungz
    Jungz Members Posts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too much for wack ass xfinity. Rental agreement on my house says we can't have a dish tho (don't ask me why) otherwise i woulda switched cuz it's cheaper. I just got a fire stick with kodi and have netflix and all that but i do still watch live tv so it's worth it for now. I don't be in the mood to try to go through the internet to stream all the time.

all you have to do is tell them you going to cancel your subscription and they will adjust your bill...

my brother tried that ? a couple months ago and was salty as ? when the representative started cancelling his account without even trying to bring his bill down lmao. Hit her with the "ummmm, never mind, I'll keep it" lol
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I went the non cable route with Netflix Amazon Hulu sling roku but Comcast is worth it
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    r.prince18 wrote: »
    Are any of you worried that if cable does die the Internet would go up

i had an idea... they should start a "pick your channels" package.. have customers the chance put pick the actual channels they want.. like a "pick 50 channels for 60 dollars" (premium channels of course a little more).. and if you get the package with Internet you just add 20 dollars to the bill.. and you could "switch out" channels for a fee.. (say you dont watch nba tv because the season is over you can switch it out for MTV or something)... I think they would make a killing off that..

Sounds good in theory, but all the cable companies would do is raise the price for the packages.

Basically, make it so high that you'd be better off just going with one of their normal packages.

that would be dumb on their part like i said with more and more channels bringing out apps to watch their shows in different places and hulu and netflix being way cheaper at this point raising prices for that would eventually make them lose money... Internet is the only thing keeping then afloat at this point...
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About $140/month for a basic cable package (w/ a DVR) & 50 Mbps internet. I got TWC. I really only got cable for sports though. If I wasn't a sports junkie I wouldn't even need cable.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Playstation got the new ps vue thing too where you can buy specific channels
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    And yea the oligarchy is real , if you just need internet the ? damn near the same price as the cable bundle
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cable companies know that folk stream and download. The gonna tax more and more for internet
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Cable companies know that folk stream and download. The gonna tax more and more for internet

pretty much thats why internet by itself cost so much
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Password sharing apps. FTW!! I got a Roku and a G-Box with Kodi on it. Kodi to me is very hit or miss, sometimes quality on visuals be lacking or stream will cut off at times, or links don't work.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    About $140/month for a basic cable package (w/ a DVR) & 50 Mbps internet. I got TWC. I really only got cable for sports though. If I wasn't a sports junkie I wouldn't even need cable.

im in the same boat.. i d/l all the movies/tv shows I watch. So only needed cable for live sports. Shout the homie @kinghassan with that slingtv. $20 a month. gets your sports channel (bunch of other channels too think its up to like 70 channels) all live streaming.

Had comcast called to downgrade to just internet. ? talking $90 a month.. JUST INTERNET. comcast out here acting like they got the game on lock. . naw got Att&t coming out Monday. think $50 for internet. Plus another $20 for the slingtv. cant wait to dial them ? up and pull the plug. ? comcast
  • Manc
    Manc Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got an iptv box pay $15 a month for pretty much every usa canada and uk tv channels
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $35 for Internet and another $14 for Netflix sub. I'm on and off with Netflix usually. These past 6 months is the longest I've had it.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    any of yall tried Playstation Vue yet?

im thinking bout switching from Sling TV to that

more channel options, a DVR feature and you can watch on multiple tvs.(I got a PS3 and PS4)

and you can you use your sub to access the individual channel apps on other devices. ? seems promising
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wwe didnt work
    Espn wasnt workn

everything streams fine on my firestick
    maybe its the internet?