Ya still paying a cable bill?

Options

Comments

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pay like $60 for time warner. I did the Netflix route for years, but that ? gets ? OLD. ? , i love cable now lol. Cant believe i went so long without it.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Comcast $ 150 a month got the security system internet andxcsble bundle with 3 hd boxes. I need Hbo and Showtime for boxing and starz for power lol When my year up ima threaten to go to uverse if they dont give me a discount
  • bossdon201
    bossdon201 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint tryin to hear that "? cable" ? right about now..
    Game of Thrones bout to be back on in a couple weeks..

i got Kodi and if i can get the episodes the day of and not have to wait THEN we can talk about it. lol

I just called comcast last week and was ready to cut that ? off then I remembered GOT about to be on in a month. Ended up talking on the phone with the rep for 20 mins about GOT and kept it on smh
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Too ? much. 160. But that's cause they lumped this suck-ass phone with it that I haven't used in six months.

I sweaqr, once I figure out how to get love NBA/NFL without cable logins, ? cable forever.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bossdon201 wrote: »

i got Kodi and if i can get the episodes the day of and not have to wait THEN we can talk about it. lol

I just called comcast last week and was ready to cut that ? off then I remembered GOT about to be on in a month. Ended up talking on the phone with the rep for 20 mins about GOT and kept it on smh

mannnnnnn GoT will do it to u..
    i went years witout cable.. even when GoT first came out id jus wait for the full season dvd and binged..

but a ? got tired of havin to not be online the following day cause everybody talkin about it.. i was ? when i heard Joffry got killed.. that was the last straw.. this past season is when i broke down and got the box.. now i be all in the LCA forum talkin my ? wit the best of them! hahaha

Stars came wit the package so i get to watch Power now too on demand.. so no complaints this way. lol
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pay like $60 for time warner. I did the Netflix route for years, but that ? gets ? OLD. ? , i love cable now lol. Cant believe i went so long without it.
    imo after a few months i can see why Netflix/Hulu would get old you would binge watch shows for weeks to the point you would watch everything you want...
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing. Kodi for the win. It's Netflix on steroids.

I wish i wasnt a idiot when it comes to cable/kodi ?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just got a key to thia ? house so when she at work i watch espn n eat her food
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got a box with a program called GEM TV. Pay $15 a month and all I need is an internet connection. I get literally every single channel there is.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kodi+Exodus=winning
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i went years witout cable.. even when GoT first came out id jus wait for the full season dvd and binged..

but a ? got tired of havin to not be online the following day cause everybody talkin about it.. i was ? when i heard Joffry got killed.. that was the last straw.. this past season is when i broke down and got the box.. now i be all in the LCA forum talkin my ? wit the best of them! hahaha

Stars came wit the package so i get to watch Power now too on demand.. so no complaints this way. lol

joffry being killed was in the book tho

not really a spoiler pleighboi

but play on pleighboi
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    KODI running on a Raspberry PI II hooked up to the flat screen. Better than the Amazon Fire Stick

Who set that up for you? @Aryeh_Tsaddiq

OG that builds computers. I sent him some business so he hooked me up for the free.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need live sports forget all that
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

Right. The hassle of finding a live stream online aint worth it. Im just tryna walk in my crib, sit on my couch, & turn my tv on.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

Sports Devil + Phoenix = Gucci
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    KODI running on a Raspberry PI II hooked up to the flat screen. Better than the Amazon Fire Stick

Who set that up for you? @Aryeh_Tsaddiq

OG that builds computers. I sent him some business so he hooked me up for the free.

Oh OK those Raspberry's are not easy to setup if you don't know what the hell you're doing.

That's what he said. But he hooked me up. It runs great and I use it as a computer when I'm not using Kodi.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    I only have the modem for Wi-Fi only. I connect to the internet through it. No need for an additional bill of high speed. I use Rokus on all of my tv's through it. Check with your cable provider. There is a difference between high speed internet and Wi-Fi.

You must have a modem/router one piece unit .....the modem brings the internet signal in and the router puts out the wifi to connect to the internet wireless

You can save like $10 a month on your cable Internet bill if you buy your own modern/router instead of using theirs ......
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right. The hassle of finding a live stream online aint worth it. Im just tryna walk in my crib, sit on my couch, & turn my tv on.

This.

Laggy streams with ? quality that cuts out, nah. Ain't ? being watched if the Internet goes down.

Cable package and a stream box for the channels I don't get.
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I know cable is good quality in hd and all but they fraudulent with their prices... This works for me just fine... Some streams are good some are not on the kodi but the funny thing is there is endless streams just a lil patience and that's it you save bills that's what I see
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    r.prince18 wrote: »
    Are any of you worried that if cable does die the Internet would go up

i had an idea... they should start a "pick your channels" package.. have customers the chance put pick the actual channels they want.. like a "pick 50 channels for 60 dollars" (premium channels of course a little more).. and if you get the package with Internet you just add 20 dollars to the bill.. and you could "switch out" channels for a fee.. (say you dont watch nba tv because the season is over you can switch it out for MTV or something)... I think they would make a killing off that..

Sounds good in theory, but all the cable companies would do is raise the price for the packages.

Basically, make it so high that you'd be better off just going with one of their normal packages.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

joffry being killed was in the book tho

not really a spoiler pleighboi

but play on pleighboi

do i look like a ? that got time to read recreationally?? lol
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got directv and Netflix and Hulu and Amazon prime
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    babelipsss wrote: »
    I only have the modem for Wi-Fi only. I connect to the internet through it. No need for an additional bill of high speed. I use Rokus on all of my tv's through it. Check with your cable provider. There is a difference between high speed internet and Wi-Fi.

You must have a modem/router one piece unit .....the modem brings the internet signal in and the router puts out the wifi to connect to the internet wireless

You can save like $10 a month on your cable Internet bill if you buy your own modern/router instead of using theirs ......

This, go to Wal-Mart and they have them for 75 bucks, that ten dollars add up at the end of the year
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got regular digital antenna's running on my tvs so ? cable....
    2vc6hc7.gif

but my internet/wifi/hotspot tethering bless my xbox1, laptop, unlocked LG phone, unlocked apple box, unlocked chrome cast, unlocked roku...... all i need is a usb/hdmi cord n I'm good anywhere
  • MasterWuWei
    MasterWuWei Members Posts: 10
    Options
    Fire Stick is all I need in my life!