Ya still paying a cable bill?

Options

Comments

• Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    felliwonda wrote: »
    All am saying if you can live without cable this ? here is way better than paying $100+ monthly on cable. I haven't had cable for over a year and just got the mv box man that ? is glorious am a soccer fan and nba fan I get to watch any game live any sport live nfl too for the nfl fans out there

where you bought that from? ? , if I can see live games with Arsenal getting kick in dey frigging jaw, along with champs league games and those other leagues, ill cop. xfinity kinda overrated to me.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only have the modem for Wi-Fi only. I connect to the internet through it. No need for an additional bill of high speed. I use Rokus on all of my tv's through it. Check with your cable provider. There is a difference between high speed internet and Wi-Fi.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint tryin to hear that "? cable" ? right about now..
    Game of Thrones bout to be back on in a couple weeks..

i got Kodi and if i can get the episodes the day of and not have to wait THEN we can talk about it. lol
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    felliwonda wrote: »
    All am saying if you can live without cable this ? here is way better than paying $100+ monthly on cable. I haven't had cable for over a year and just got the mv box man that ? is glorious am a soccer fan and nba fan I get to watch any game live any sport live nfl too for the nfl fans out there

where you bought that from? ? , if I can see live games with Arsenal getting kick in dey frigging jaw, along with champs league games and those other leagues, ill cop. xfinity kinda overrated to me.

Lol I saw that Arsenal jab there... Ummm Amazon dawg look up mx3 cable box or mxv cable box... I got the mxv for $38 plus shipping
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get a hardbdrive, get fast internet, torrent everything you want to watch. Its that easy

lol that's some nerd ? .. I don't ? with torrents..

Its a 15 minute process when you first start it up. If thats some complex ? for you you have real low expectations for yourself.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    I only have the modem for Wi-Fi only. I connect to the internet through it. No need for an additional bill of high speed. I use Rokus on all of my tv's through it. Check with your cable provider. There is a difference between high speed internet and Wi-Fi.

I'll have to check that out. What kinda Mbps do you get with the Wi-Fi option? For most ? , a slower connection is fine, but if you play games online you need something decent.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KODI running on a Raspberry PI II hooked up to the flat screen. Better than the Amazon Fire Stick
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    I have free cable cause I know people who know people

I really only use cable for news and sports

Netflix and Hulu are what I really watch

Smh white privilege always knowing someone i bet you know the damn Mayor

:s

Ummmmm....

Your dad is the Mayor?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get a hardbdrive, get fast internet, torrent everything you want to watch. Its that easy

Its a 15 minute process when you first start it up. If thats some complex ? for you you have real low expectations for yourself.

id rather just pay the money than download a bunch of ? im probably only going to watch once
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are any of you worried that if cable does die the Internet would go up
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    r.prince18 wrote: »

i had an idea... they should start a "pick your channels" package.. have customers the chance put pick the actual channels they want.. like a "pick 50 channels for 60 dollars" (premium channels of course a little more).. and if you get the package with Internet you just add 20 dollars to the bill.. and you could "switch out" channels for a fee.. (say you dont watch nba tv because the season is over you can switch it out for MTV or something)... I think they would make a killing off that..
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't had cable in years, just pay for internet. and I have "Sling T.V." when I want to games and ? or TWD. But I'm not even in the house enough to watch TV and the ? that be on tv smh, they killing me with the ? themes on every single show

so that sling tv.. that ? streams live sports? espn/tnt??? if so this may be my way to go from now on.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i had an idea... they should start a "pick your channels" package.. have customers the chance put pick the actual channels they want.. like a "pick 50 channels for 60 dollars" (premium channels of course a little more).. and if you get the package with Internet you just add 20 dollars to the bill.. and you could "switch out" channels for a fee.. (say you dont watch nba tv because the season is over you can switch it out for MTV or something)... I think they would make a killing off that..

Direct TV does something like this...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options

id rather just pay the money than download a bunch of ? im probably only going to watch once

? you dumb ? ? . Then you would simply delete the show or ep. When i had ? ass uverse with like 17 mbps i could download a 30 min ep in 10 minutes. Now i have xfinity probably take mr like 3. I dont know why you think this is a difficult or time consuming.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint paid for cable since ive moved on my own. Just stream and pay for Netflix/Hulu and considering joining amazon prime.

Waiting for that HBO NOW to come out for PS4. The HBO service you can subscribe to without a HBO cable subscription. ? will be dope.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

? you dumb ? ? . Then you would simply delete the show or ep. When i had ? ass uverse with like 17 mbps i could download a 30 min ep in 10 minutes. Now i have xfinity probably take mr like 3. I dont know why you think this is a difficult or time consuming.

lol i just dont see the point... *shrugs*
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options

You mean other than your list of what you could watch is if i can find a torrent of it. If cable, neflix, hulu, etc takes a certain show down it wouldnt matter cause it's on your harddrive. The show is old and no networks shows it anymore? Doesnt matter its on your hard drive. The streaminy quality for a show is ? ? Doesnt matter its on your harddrive in 720-1080p. For whatever reason your cable and internet is off? Doesnt matter cause you have your own collection of shows or backlog to watch.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Many ppl have had that idea. Called "a la carte cable" or something like that. Cable companies and broadcasters fight it tooth and nail.

• not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pay $67 a month with directv. I went a couple of years with just Netflix and streaming ? . It got old tho.......Netfix ran its course with me and I got tired of the lagging when I watched my basketball and football games. But for $67 I got 4 HD boxes, free nfl sunday ticket, $100 visa gift card and $100 from my mamma's referral.

Nfl Sunday ticket gonna be up. And If YOU personally don't call and cancel it they charge you for it next year. And the prices usually go up by 25% the second year.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

Many ppl have had that idea. Called "a la carte cable" or something like that. Cable companies and broadcasters fight it tooth and nail.
    then imo cable is soon going to die then... because more and more channels are bringing out apps so you can watch their stuff on other things besides tv..
  • damobb2deep
    Options

You mean other than your list of what you could watch is if i can find a torrent of it. If cable, neflix, hulu, etc takes a certain show down it wouldnt matter cause it's on your harddrive. The show is old and no networks shows it anymore? Doesnt matter its on your hard drive. The streaminy quality for a show is ? ? Doesnt matter its on your harddrive in 720-1080p. For whatever reason your cable and internet is off? Doesnt matter cause you have your own collection of shows or backlog to watch.

bruh lol still dont see the point...
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm finna get this unlocked Amazon Fire stick... ? cable, G.Dammit.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've had a Roku for the past 2 years. Just pay $35 for Internet plus Netflix/Hulu/wwe network and I got my pops username and password for HBO/showtime/stars so I don't pay for those premium channels. I feel I'm winning
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U-Verse TV & Internet $151. I have people under my roof which is why I still have cable and for ESPN & TNT for basketball games. If I didn't need cable for sports I would have already gotten rid of cable TV alone. I had to complain about paying $158 a month then I saw last month's bill was $165 because AT&T hiked up fees & surcharges. To me cable TV is a luxury not a necessity. When I was growing up I didn't have cable so that's why I don't see it as a priority as I do the internet.