Comments

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    ethan-couch.jpg

Some of Yall in here talkin bout "its Fair" meanwhile this Muppet looking Cac killed 4 ppl, paralyzed 1 and injured 8 others, THEN he skipped the country cuz he didn't like PROBATION and he still wont see no part of 9 years...

Honestly idgaf... im not sitting here to "compare" cases... i believe dude should get just as much time if not more than her... now the fact that he didnt is ? up but im not the judge in either case.. you ? up teen or not it dont matter do the time they give you... simple..

Just as much time for murder....okay...

You can go to jail longer for robbery and selling drugs than murder in some cases.. it is what it is.

And it's wrong. But the court says lock the ? up, you're fine with that. Ok.

No im not okay with that... but im not going to be all "poor teenage chick" when she knowingly did some ? up ? .. btw she aint black..

What is she?
  • Westie
    Options
    ethan-couch.jpg

Some of Yall in here talkin bout "its Fair" meanwhile this Muppet looking Cac killed 4 ppl, paralyzed 1 and injured 8 others, THEN he skipped the country cuz he didn't like PROBATION and he still wont see no part of 9 years...

Honestly idgaf... im not sitting here to "compare" cases... i believe dude should get just as much time if not more than her... now the fact that he didnt is ? up but im not the judge in either case.. you ? up teen or not it dont matter do the time they give you... simple..

You can go to jail longer for robbery and selling drugs than murder in some cases.. it is what it is.

No im not okay with that... but im not going to be all "poor teenage chick" when she knowingly did some ? up ? ..

Is she White @damobb2deep ?

rwclithve20w.jpg
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    She's 15. In 9 years she'll be 24, she has her whole life in front of her to make better decisions but she earned that 10 year sentence.

Multiple armed robberies, prostitution, c'mon bruh. We not talking about truancy or some stupid juvenile crimes. Her and those dudes are predators, they lured people into those robberies.

Getting pregnant is something that happens accidentally. Im sure she didn't do that on purpose but they planned those robberies. If she can plan a robbery she can go to prison for it.

She'll be fine. Its the best thing for her in the long run. Take her out of that ? environment where she was robbing people, hooking and getting pregnant and put her somewhere where she can get help.

she'll be fine?

she'll be fine after 9 years in prison surrounded by older, hardened criminals, and away from her children?

while there are the exceptions, american prisons have only been good for exploiting and housing society's undesirables

there is not nearly enough funding there to actually rehabilitate people

then whenever she gets out, there will be very few job opportunities for her, she cannot vote, will not qualify for certain government programs/grants, etc

she certainly deserved to be punished for her actions, but the sentence does not fit the crime, and chances are it will not serve to rehabilitate the girl

So we pretending this kid is a credible mother? She's ? and robbing people, she don't need kids her own life is ? up.

Whether she straightens up or not is a personal choice.

She has to want to do better and she can.

She already fell in with criminals so that argument is moot.

I guarantee that 17 year old and that 18 year old going to get more than 9 years. Nobody care about their families or their tears or am I supposed to think theres a huge difference between 17 and 15?

In Michigan armed robbery comes with mandatory prison, she was involved in at least two of them. So you looking at three felonies 2 of which she could have gotten LIFE for and ? mad she got 9? She lucky as ? .

first i have to say mandatory minimum sentencing laws are ? ....they serve no one but the private prison industry and corrupt politicians

that said, she did fall in with the wrong crowd, but putting her around more criminals for the next decade is the answer? really? she has to want to change, but is putting her in prison for that long conductive to that change

and regardless of whether you think she was a credible mother, separating her from her children for 9 years is not the best decision if they are then left in the care of the very ppl that failed her or the state, which is more than likely

she's made her bed, but crazy how we as a country can recognize teenage naivety and impulsiveness when to comes to the follies of white children, but not blks ...this is just another example

You know no matter if she goes to jail... stays out of jail... goes to boot camp she is going to be around criminals no matter what right..

So what do you think is the best option for her kids if she is going to go to jail and the only options are ones you say "is not the best"

all i know for sure is now a 15 yr old girl is going to be going to prison for at least half a decade...which i believe is harsh and serves no one

what's best for her kids? putting their mother in a position to improve her lot in life and succeed...even if that means removing them from her care for a short time, but not 5,10 years

and again she does deserve some sort of punishment

Again it does not matter wtf is done its up to her if she wants to change.. and honestly 5 years in prison is very easy compared to what she could have gotten... which would you rather her do 5... or 20... she got off easy honestly..

A slap on the wrist for ARMED ROBBERY AND PROSTITUTION serves no one as well.. if she got off easier than she has she honestly would be more likely to do it again (faster)..

Yes, she has to want to change for the better ....but as I said before her being locked away in prison for 9 years is not conducive to that change

And they are effectively taking away any chance she had at landing a decent job once she's out

Why not find an alternative that not only serves as a punishment, but benefits her children, puts her in a better position to become a productive member of society, and cost the tax payers less

And America has some of the toughest sentencing laws in the world, yet the recidivism rate is in the 60s, 70s...so ? with the tough on crime rhetoric ...

The sentence is indefensible

Idgaf either way.. im not for that "tough on crime ? " but im also not going to "slap a teen ? the wrist" for felony charges she knowingly did..

Yall taking up for this "poor girl" when her social media had posts about "beating bytches ass" that dont sound like a "poor little girl" and by all means i understand that the situation is ? up all around but as a teen you know enough about life to be aware that the things you do have an adverse effect on your life..

And her going to bootcamp for a year.. or doing any type of rehabilitation is not necessarily conductive to that change either.. the choice for her to change falls on her and her only.. no type of "guidance" is going to change that..
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    ethan-couch.jpg

No im not okay with that... but im not going to be all "poor teenage chick" when she knowingly did some ? up ? ..

rwclithve20w.jpg

Nope she aint so?
  • Westie
    Options
    ethan-couch.jpg

rwclithve20w.jpg

Nope she aint so?

You said she's not black. What is she?
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    ethan-couch.jpg

rwclithve20w.jpg

Nope she aint so?

You said she's not black. What is she?

Well in the 1st pick she looked Hispanic.. and the pick you posted dont look like the same girl... *shrugs*
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's 15. In 9 years she'll be 24, she has her whole life in front of her to make better decisions but she earned that 10 year sentence.

She'll be fine. Its the best thing for her in the long run. Take her out of that ? environment where she was robbing people, hooking and getting pregnant and put her somewhere where she can get help.

How is she going to be "fine," when she's going to have a felony for the rest of her life?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ethan-couch.jpg

rwclithve20w.jpg
    The ? up thing is a judge is supposed to take all things into consideration when making his ruling, not only the crime itself but extenuating circumstances... the fact that he can give a 15 year old.... Female.... mother of 2.... 9 years in prison.... for a nonviolent crime... tells me he's a racist filthy ? who Hates all non white people and became a judge to put as many away as possible.

Yes jumping to huge conclusions, but im right.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    ethan-couch.jpg

rwclithve20w.jpg
    The ? up thing is a judge is supposed to take all things into consideration when making his ruling, not only the crime itself but extenuating circumstances... the fact that he can give a 15 year old.... Female.... mother of 2.... 9 years in prison.... for a nonviolent crime... tells me he's a racist filthy ? who Hates all non white people and became a judge to put as many away as possible.

Yes jumping to huge conclusions, but im right.

Lol ? robbery is not a non violent crime....
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    Khaleesi wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    Man this was a woman with 2 kids instead of being at home getting ready for school the next day so she can provide for a better future for them kids she out here selling that nasty ? . She needs jail time and you sympathizers are whats wrong with society stop letting these hoes get away with bad decisisions

She was not a woman. She is 15 years old.

ok and? why wasnt she in the house taking care of those kids?

Cause she's 15!

Which means she shouldn't have had kids at that age.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    I wonder if they charged the men who got robbed with trying to have sex with a minor?
    sentenced Monday, Jan. 11, to nine years in prison for robbing two men who responded to an ad on Backpage.com. The ad offered sex with a teen.

The victims were robbed after they showed up at a room at Motel 6, 4855 28th St. SE.

Yea besides the excessive prison time for the girl, that's what stood out to me the most..
    The report says the ad posted on backpage said "sex with a teen".. So the tricks/johns are basically pedifiles..

They should be charged for attempting to have sex with a minor..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    I wonder if they charged the men who got robbed with trying to have sex with a minor?
    sentenced Monday, Jan. 11, to nine years in prison for robbing two men who responded to an ad on Backpage.com. The ad offered sex with a teen.

The victims were robbed after they showed up at a room at Motel 6, 4855 28th St. SE.

Yea besides the excessive prison time for the girl, that's what stood out to me the most..
    The report says the ad posted on backpage said "sex with a teen".. So the tricks/johns are basically pedifiles..

Just because it says teen don't mean it it wasn't eightTEEN or nineTEEN
  • illedout
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Thats 9 more years than the affluenza boy got for killing 4 ppl..

I think he's in prison now for that fleeing while on probation ? .

Grand Rapids I see you! Michigan we in here

Yea, he's in jail now for that probation skip. He got 180 days for each person he killed since he ? yo his Probation. If that's not white privilege I don't know what is.

So he basically got 1 year for each body,
    that's 4 years for 4 bodies.. WTF..

That's ? ' crazy..
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Yea, he's in jail now for that probation skip. He got 180 days for each person he killed since he ? yo his Probation. If that's not white privilege I don't know what is.

That's ? ' crazy..

That's less than 4 years
  • illedout
    Options

That's ? ' crazy..

That's less than 4 years

I know that,
    I rounded it off because 5 days out of each year isn't that big of a difference..

Stop being petty..
  • Shizlansky
    Options

That's ? ' crazy..

That's less than 4 years

I know that,
    I rounded it off because 5 days out of each year isn't that big of a difference..

Stop being petty..

Huh? What the hell you talking about.

A year is 365 days. So if he would have got a year for each person it would have been 1,460

But he got 180 days for each person which was 4 ppl and adds up to 720

That's a difference of 740 days

• illedout
    Options

That's ? ' crazy..

That's less than 4 years

I know that,

Stop being petty..

Huh? What the hell you talking about.

A year is 365 days. So if he would have got a year for each person it would have been 1,460

But he got 180 days for each person which was 4 ppl and adds up to 720

That's a difference of 740 days

You right..
    My math was waaaaaaay off..

Instead of doing 180•4
    I did 180 + 180
    That's where I got the 360 from
  • damobb2deep
    Options

You know 18 and 19 year olds are adults right... she lied about her age... smh..
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If she were white, we wouldn't have even heard of this ? . She damn sure wouldn't have got hit like that, and with 2 kids she'd get all the support in the world.