Jemele Hill: ‘Never Seen’ Open Disrespect Other Players Show Steph Curry

Options

Comments

• yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    If curry isn't the greatest shooter of all time right now, who is ?

This is debatable bro.

You talking all time. It's so many spot up shooters that were great. Catch and shoot players that were great.

Is he the illest ? doing it right now? Yes sir. No question. Won't take it away from him.

But all time great after 2 excellent years?

? Nah

Difference is steph can do it off the dribble, hit 1 foot 3 pointers, and shoot 3's over 7 footers with ease while shooting above 40% I can't think of anyone else who can hit 3's on those levels only other guy who I can think of (didn't shoot it at that percentage ) is Gilbert arenas

Him being a great shooter is not my argument homie.

Can he be considered one of the greatest of all time after 2 great seasons?

This argument has gone far enough but lets put it this way....best passer of all time is debatable, best defender of all time is debatable, best dunker all time is debatable depending on who you ask but i got carter, best rebounder is prolly debatable too, but best shooter is not. Thats Curry bro. Im not making a case that Curry is one of the greatest of all time but Curry has some leverage here. Barring a complete decline in his shooting ability ? will be talking about Curry going down in history for being the best shooter ever.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is debatable bro.

You talking all time. It's so many spot up shooters that were great. Catch and shoot players that were great.

Is he the illest ? doing it right now? Yes sir. No question. Won't take it away from him.

? Nah

Difference is steph can do it off the dribble, hit 1 foot 3 pointers, and shoot 3's over 7 footers with ease while shooting above 40% I can't think of anyone else who can hit 3's on those levels only other guy who I can think of (didn't shoot it at that percentage ) is Gilbert arenas

Greatest of all time players? No and I think most of us are with u on ur previous comments on that

Greatest of all time shooters? Ay to me it's hard to argue bro, I mean, who else?

Well we in agreement then.

The man is one of if not the best shooters I ever seen hands down.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is debatable bro.

? Nah

Nah, he's on a good trajectory tho, plus like nemesis said he's averaged at least 23 since the 2012 season. He came in averaging 18ppg as well, he's consistently improved and is only 27. IF he stays at this pace he'll shatter Ray allen's 3 point record and likely be an all time great. We'll see tho
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    waterproof wrote: »
    ? really don't get it.

These ogs in and out the league don't like this ? because he hasn't been doing this his whole career in the league.

This ? been in the league 5-6 years. Out all those years he's had only 2 great seasons.

Off the strength of those two years you got pundits and stupid ass writers and fans saying he one of the greatest of all time.

Off two ? seasons? Really? Now imagine if you one of them ? that's been doing it since the day you got in the league and some ? that's been in the league just about or longer and never get those accolades?

? , I'm keeping it a buck I wouldn't acknowledge that ? stats either.

? two years. Do it for 10 straight

And this is why ? don't like him. It ain't the bravado, dancing or being light skinned.

Players that's been doing it consistently throughout their careers not gonna respect it.

That simple

LMAO So Emotional......Here's my rebuttal How Many Healthy Years Bill Walton played Healthy?, ? that How Many years did he even ? start because of his injuries, Yet He still Considered one of the Greatest Center Ever.....Out of 12 years he was only healthy for 3?, 2x All Star, but he got 2 chips and Considered one of the best Centers and also in the Hall of Fame.

Curry been in the League 5/6 years, 3x All Star, 2x MVP, 1 Chip, Greatest Team Season Win, shattered 3 point records and widely considered by pundits and players as the Greatest Shooter ever. Don't Hate, Curry put in the time with hard work overcame injuries to get what he deserve

Nobody considers bill walton one of the best ever...

Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Russell, Pat, David, Moses, Wes Unseld, Alonzo, Dikembe ...

Pay no attention to this ? . He trolling. This ? is looking for reactions.

Go through the thread and look at the ? he typed and cosigned.

The ? don't watch Basketball. He white boy that champions lacrosse.

Name one ? you know that considered Bill ? Walton great?

You truly is one of the stupidest muthafucka in this thread, I mean basic elementary reading skills you lack, I knew the Cheap Seats went to ? but damn, the reading skills is lacking from you, you still in your feelings because I keep busting your ass.

You are a Molly Baby aint you, ESL student may be, Where I'm from we fake no jacks, so So put up or shut up, Quote me when I say Walton is the greatest....

Like I said you is a ? , you do what ? do jaw jacking.

So let me refresh your memory

You ? that after 2 great seasons Curry Shouldn't be consider one of the Greatest player and I state why not The NBA Voted Bill Walton as the 50th Greatest basically off of Two/Three Healthy seasons.

So stop acting like a ? on the block and twisting words
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    i still find it weird that even with people saying GSW bench was on fire when klay and steph wasnt and they still blew out the cavs.
    then people talk about klay an green when stephs not on the floor and they still win.

i dont know,.... maybe its only me. but it seems like the team is good without him...so put him in an they are better.
    i dont think hes the determining factor on how good the team is.

so maybe ...just maybe some people see , like i said before his cocki-ness and arrogance is unwarranted because the system around him is great and hes just one train car on a steaming locomotive.

Yes the Warrior's a Good Team without Curry but they wouldn't be a Great Team without Curry

^^ I really don't get why this is so hard to understand.

its not....hes a piece of the puzzle....he is not the puzzle
    hes a gear in the system...hes not the system

Lmao. Of course he's not the system - It's a TEAM game.

What does that have to do with him elevating his team's success?

his team will win regardless, as they have shown.

but you keep saying its a team game.....
    i say hes not bigger than the team basically.....

whats the problem

No one said he is bigger than the team. So I don't know why you keep arguing that point...

But what you are basically saying is that the guy sucks or he is just an average ? in the NBA...

Even if you think he isn't the top player in the league, the sentiment above is unequivocally false ... So much so, that your basketball opinion cannot be taken seriously after expressing it.

i wont call him a ? but lets see what he can do without the current team around him....i will bring this post up in two years when others start leaving GS

U put Bron on the sixers. Theyre fighting for a playoff spot. U put Curry on the Sixers, theyre fighting for lottery ? .

My ? you put Bron on the Sixers he LEGIT could get them to the finals. They'd get blown out, but they would be right there. And thats LAST year's Sixers minus Embid or the #1 pick lls
  • S2J
    Options
    I can definitely respect the fact that ppl want to see longevity from Curry before they compare him to the greats. I personally wouldn't have it any other way. But to ignore and dismiss what he's doing right now is ? .

Oh no doubt. I respect what he's done the last two years. ? is amazing. Got give credit where credit is due.

But he ain't going on no all time great list after two great seasons.

? that. I'm not drinking the koolaid. And neither are the ogs.

Don't be mad at them. Not saying you are.

But they know a whole lot more about basketball than me and you and those pencil neck analytic geeks. Who never stepped foot on a blacktop.

Silly. If you've watched enough basketball, you know. ..barring injury, you just know

I say all the time , we watch history LIVE. Embrace the ? dawg. Like wtf lol I remember people hesitant on Bron aftr like 8 years lol Dude, its HAPPENING.
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    804 wrote: »
    For all of y'all talking about the longevity of Steph's greatness, do y'all really think his game is gonna fall off of a cliff over the next five years? Steph is getting a lot of hate, but that's what folks do when you getting it better than them. And to the dude that brought up Chris Paul and how long he's been doing it and why hasn't he been the face of the league, Chris Paul doesn't know what the Conference Finals looks, he doesn't know how heavy the MVP trophy feels when it first comes out of the Commish hands, and he ain't never seen his champagne soaked reflection in the Larry O'Brien trophy, that's why he's never been the face of the league.

The truth. Being from New Orleans I remember that crazy mvp caliber season he had with Byron Scott, Tyson Chandler, David West, and Peja. They were #2 in the west and CP3 was considered the best pg in the league over Steve Nash. Them Nash fans were HEATED! LOL. The problem is that CP3 didn't finish it off with a championship, and couldn't sustain that level of success the following season when Billups was dropping bombs from long range all over his scalp with the nuggets. Plus he was always choking in the playoffs when his squads were the favorite or his team were one win away from the conference finals.

I like what Michael Smith said that it's Curry's Unanimous mvp that pushed it over the edge for a lot of players and fans. The fact that he did something that not even Jordan, Magic, Russell, Wilt, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, nor Lebron has done that it just rubbed folk the wrong way. If he had won it without being unanimous people wouldn't be so hell bent on questioning his greatness and wouldnt be sick with the media infatuation with this boy. That's why Lebron was throwing low key shade at him about how valuable he is and later on saying he was upset he didn't get unanimous mvp in 2013.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He going for 30, 5, 5, 2, with only 3 TOs tonight.

Book it :+1:
  • S2J
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    i still find it weird that even with people saying GSW bench was on fire when klay and steph wasnt and they still blew out the cavs.
    then people talk about klay an green when stephs not on the floor and they still win.

i dont know,.... maybe its only me. but it seems like the team is good without him...so put him in an they are better.

so maybe ...just maybe some people see , like i said before his cocki-ness and arrogance is unwarranted because the system around him is great and hes just one train car on a steaming locomotive.

Yes the Warrior's a Good Team without Curry but they wouldn't be a Great Team without Curry

whats the problem

No one said he is bigger than the team. So I don't know why you keep arguing that point...

But what you are basically saying is that the guy sucks or he is just an average ? in the NBA...

Even if you think he isn't the top player in the league, the sentiment above is unequivocally false ... So much so, that your basketball opinion cannot be taken seriously after expressing it.

i wont call him a ? but lets see what he can do without the current team around him....i will bring this post up in two years when others start leaving GS

U put Bron on the sixers. Theyre fighting for a playoff spot. U put Curry on the Sixers, theyre fighting for lottery ? .
    Wtf? Why yall keep saying this??

THE WARRIORS WERE SIXERS BEFORE THE SIXERS WERE THE SIXERS!

A perpetual lottery team!

? in here reaching like a muhfucka, pathetic.

False. The Baron davis led squad reinvigorated them. 2 years before Steph they were a somehwat underachieving team and were an 8 seed that regrouped to beat dallas as a 1 seed

Steph came in and lifted them without a doubt, but the framework was there. Azabuke, Captiain Jack, Monte, Biedrens, all part of a very good team. Warriors were nowhere near the Sixers, further evident by where they were drafting: Klay, steph, and Barnes all drafted 7-9 range. Thats not the Sixers that's more like say the Wizards. Recent playoff team that regressed but still had pieces and an all star (Monte)
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    I like Curry, but he just a great shooter, Westbrook and Lilliard better all around PGs IMO

You don't avg 30 just being a great shooter
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

whats the problem

False. The Baron davis led squad reinvigorated them. 2 years before Steph they were a somehwat underachieving team and were an 8 seed that regrouped to beat dallas as a 1 seed

Steph came in and lifted them without a doubt, but the framework was there. Azabuke, Captiain Jack, Monte, Biedrens, all part of a very good team. Warriors were nowhere near the Sixers, further evident by where they were drafting: Klay, steph, and Barnes all drafted 7-9 range. Thats not the Sixers that's more like say the Wizards. Recent playoff team that regressed but still had pieces and an all star (Monte)

Semantics. Bottom line: As a franchise they have lost more than they have won. They finished well below .500 every season between 1993 and 2006 playoff appearances. They won 29 games the year before he was drafted, 26 his rookie year and only 23 his third year (ankle injuries notwithstanding).... therefore it is ignorant to say "put him on this garbage team and see what he does" when he was drafted by 1/already played for 1, period.
  • waterproof
    Options

whats the problem

I disagree with the frame work was already there, When Steph Arrived the We Believe Warrior's players, structure, staff was getting or already in the process being removed, Lacob came and and cleaned house and contracts, Mark Jackson built this program we seen with the help from Myers and West.

This Warrior's we see was built from The Top Front Office to all the way to the Trainers
  • S2J
    edited June 2016
    Options

whats the problem

I disagree with the frame work was already there, When Steph Arrived the We Believe Warrior's players, structure, staff was getting or already in the process being removed, Lacob came and and cleaned house and contracts, Mark Jackson built this program we seen with the help from Myers and West.

This Warrior's we see was built from The Top Front Office to all the way to the Trainers

-Mark Jackson coached, he wasn't making personnel decisions

-No Biedrins, no No Iggy trade. No Iggy, no titles. Bron would ? them AND Durant for that matter .

-Bogut, staring center since old regime

Very different from Philly.

• waterproof
    Options

whats the problem

-Mark Jackson coached, he wasn't making personnel decisions

-No Biedrins, no No Iggy trade. No Iggy, no titles. Bron would ? them AND Durant for that matter .

-Bogut, staring center since old regime

Very different from Philly.

Mark Jackson was making the personnel decisions, Klay and Dreymond was all Mark Jackson in fact Jerry West didnt want Draymond Green and wanted to trade him after his rookie year.

Lacob came in 2010 brought the Warrior's and started cleaning house fired Coaches and towel boys and all types of ? , hired Smart for a short stop and brought in Mark Jackson the purge started in 2010, The General Manager came in 2011, Bogut came in a trade 2012, Like I said the Lacob, Meyers regime cleaned house and brought the coaches and players.

when i say Regime change Im talking about the Ownership/General Manager everything started taking place in 2010 a slow process of rebuilding the warriors all the old players from We Believe and Coaches was slowly getting removed
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damnkp wrote: »
    If curry was on the 76ers he'd be kevin Martin status

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and here i thought i was the only one

i guess this thread just got interesting again
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    Steph does have that Drake complex in him. He came from where he was spoiled and cocky. Others see him as not as good as he thinks he is, and can't stand his on the court antics.

That's why I miss players like Charles oakley, Barkley, Rodman, and If u really want to go back, Rick Mahon and Bill Lambeer. That turning around before the shot falls and dancing on ? during the game?? Curry would've been had a broken rib or gotten slapped up with no ? given. Granted, these ? would be swiftly suspended for half the season, but sometimes sacrifices need to be made...

think ill bump this too
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Disrespect? He was the first unanimous MVP in league history. To me he is one of the quickest players to have an entire wave of stans who defend him and praise him for everything he does and refuse to critique him. The same people who hate lebron for being cocky and celebrating turn a blind eye to curry when he does the same.

Well to be fair, her major point was that he's getting a lot of hate from other players that seems unprecedented. I think there is some merit to that. I mean as much ? as Lebron has pulled, players weren't out there throwing shots at him.

? weren't getting at LeBron like that?? ? were taking their cues from Skip Bayless, calling him Lebrick, the frozen one, etc. As far as players in the league they respected the ? cause they could foul Bron hard as ? and he'd still dunk or lay up. U touch this fragile ? Curry and u might get a flagrant.

U notice how, whenever he has someone physical on him, he disappear?? Delanowhatshisface last year held him in check the first couple games, Westbrook made the ? invisible the first 4 games. Them he gets saved by the refs. ? that waffle colored ? . Hopefully this rant get me votes for Playa Hater of the year! Hate hate hate hate....

Does the ? you said really make sense to you? You're talking about a league where acting ability is almost as important as basketball ability? The players in that league didn't talk ? about Lebron cause he takes fouls and drives to the hole? The hole league benefits from the rule changes that got rid of rough play, so why does Curry deserve to be bashed for it. No, he doesn't bowl over the defense like Lebron does. He's not built like Lebron. He's taken what he's been given, worked hard, and perfected his craft. Why should other players feel the need to bash him for that? What has Curry done worse than "The Decision?" It's fair to not like Curry's play style, but the other players are just hating on him and they don't do that to the other superstars even the ones that deserve to be hated on.

No one in the league right now gets more ? calls going their way than curry. Period. Players in the league don't respect curry because he's being touted as the best player in the league while simultaneously being protected by the refs. U breathe on this ? too hard and he's at the line. Again, once a player is able to be physical with him, his whole game folds. He's a great shooter, poor defender, that plays on a well constructed team. And, for the life of me, I can't understand what was wrong with the Decision. A man took his career in his own hands and made the best decision for him. All the proceeds for the decision went to charity. What was the issue with it again??

i never understood it either. he used his celebrity status to make money. i just didnt want him to go back to cleveland.
    as for lil yella,
    i think some people like to be entertained.
    and also maybe they feel sort of vindicated by watching him because they are living their underdog life thru him. i dunno.
    you have those that love the sport and those that love the team and those that love the player.

hes like that bad ass kid at the bbq that you cant spank and he knows it....an he runs around taunting you an smiling.

south4life wrote: »
    Steph paid his dues, let's not act like ? wasnt on here clowning him with the ankle issues.
    He came up and now they hating on him simply because they thought he would just be another player with an injury plagued career.
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Who is hating this hard? LeBron is gonna be upset because the man took his shine down a glimmer or two. The old guard never has ? nice to say about anyone who isn't sucking them up first unless it's Magic or Bird who are pragmatic. Current players gonna hate because he torched their ? . Who the ? is out here happy to lose? Fans are fans as long as the team wins and the jerseys and colorways match the 'fit.

*Shots fired at all you fake-ass Hurricane, Hoya, North Carolina, Bulls, Magic, Lakers fans from the 90s/00s*

He's a lightning rod because, like LeBron, KD, and KG before him, he's the best out. People get over saturated with his and others' images because they leave the TV on ESPN all day looping the same ? over and over like the power button doesn't exist then take that rage out on a dude who's good at his job.
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Who is hating this hard? LeBron is gonna be upset because the man took his shine down a glimmer or two. The old guard never has ? nice to say about anyone who isn't sucking them up first unless it's Magic or Bird who are pragmatic. Current players gonna hate because he torched their ? . Who the ? is out here happy to lose? Fans are fans as long as the team wins and the jerseys and colorways match the 'fit.

*Shots fired at all you fake-ass Hurricane, Hoya, North Carolina, Bulls, Magic, Lakers fans from the 90s/00s*

He's a lightning rod because, like LeBron, KD, and KG before him, he's the best out. People get over saturated with his and others' images because they leave the TV on ESPN all day looping the same ? over and over like the power button doesn't exist then take that rage out on a dude who's good at his job.
    ? really don't get it.

These ogs in and out the league don't like this ? because he hasn't been doing this his whole career in the league.

This ? been in the league 5-6 years. Out all those years he's had only 2 great seasons.

Off the strength of those two years you got pundits and stupid ass writers and fans saying he one of the greatest of all time.

Off two ? seasons? Really? Now imagine if you one of them ? that's been doing it since the day you got in the league and some ? that's been in the league just about or longer and never get those accolades?

? , I'm keeping it a buck I wouldn't acknowledge that ? stats either.

? two years. Do it for 10 straight

And this is why ? don't like him. It ain't the bravado, dancing or being light skinned.

Players that's been doing it consistently throughout their careers not gonna respect it.

That simple

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not even worth responding
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn half of you ? don't know ? about basketball

Inb4 the excuses
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Next time the media will wait till players win finals before puting players as new FACES of the league.

Curry was the regular season SENSATION and FANCY.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn half of you ? don't know ? about basketball

Inb4 the excuses

Name names and reasons y
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Next time the media will wait till players win finals before puting players as new FACES of the league.

But they did win the finals last year. So what are you really saying?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1 finals and 2 great regular seasons does not erase or eclipse what bron has done year in and year out for 13 years. The media has pushed melo then Durant Anthony Davis and now Curry as the best players in the league over LeBron. None have his resume or playoff success yet folk ran with that narrative. Did last year's finals erase the 2 rings and 5 finals bron had to that point? No but all u saw was curry being anointed as the best player in the NBA. It was a bunch of ?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

1 finals and 2 great regular seasons does not erase or eclipse what bron has done year in and year out for 13 years. The media has pushed melo then Durant Anthony Davis and now Curry as the best players in the league over LeBron. None have his resume or playoff success yet folk ran with that narrative. Did last year's finals erase the 2 rings and 5 finals bron had to that point? No but all u saw was curry being anointed as the best player in the NBA. It was a bunch of ?

Especially with this Golden State team, they gotta be the biggest grouo of cocky arrogant mufuckas I have ever seen play basketball. Mufuckas claiming they were the GOAT team before winning the ring, saying they better than the Showtime Lakers, celebrating shots before they go in, behind the back passes in crunch time WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE LEAD. These mufuckas deserve every bit of the clowning and ? talking they gone receive this offseason, even if they won the chip next year they gone get clowned behind this year forever and they would still deserve it.