Jemele Hill: ‘Never Seen’ Open Disrespect Other Players Show Steph Curry

Options

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    Curry is the only player in the league today thats the best at a particular skill in basketball. His skill happens to be shooting. One could argue its actually the most important skill. Not only is he the best today, hes already the best all time.

Add a ring to the mix and two MVPs hes already a HOF lock. Get mad, or dont. Doesnt matter hes already there. Dont matter if he only been doing it two years either he obviously did enough to be labeled the best shooter all time. ? need to get out they feelings and agendas. As time goes and Curry continues to ball the goal posts will move anyway

So if Steph Curry was to retire today, like not even finish out the NBA finals he would go down as the best shooter of all time?

I'm not taking away from the crazy numbers he has so far but it just seems like a lot of people in this thread are very near sighted. Like they know 100% that nothing will go wrong with his career or life. LOL.

Bruh it's a wrap he's already hailed as the best NBA shooter in history by Current, Former and Hall of Fame players, by sports writers ect.....His peers gave him that title, it's done bruh
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If curry isn't the greatest shooter of all time right now, who is ?
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry is the only player in the league today thats the best at a particular skill in basketball. His skill happens to be shooting. One could argue its actually the most important skill. Not only is he the best today, hes already the best all time.

Add a ring to the mix and two MVPs hes already a HOF lock. Get mad, or dont. Doesnt matter hes already there. Dont matter if he only been doing it two years either he obviously did enough to be labeled the best shooter all time. ? need to get out they feelings and agendas. As time goes and Curry continues to ball the goal posts will move anyway

So if Steph Curry was to retire today, like not even finish out the NBA finals he would go down as the best shooter of all time?

I'm not taking away from the crazy numbers he has so far but it just seems like a lot of people in this thread are very near sighted. Like they know 100% that nothing will go wrong with his career or life. LOL.

I get the longevity aspect of it all but if anything, him retiring today would only affect his all time ranking as a player. As far as shooting, the eye test is just as impressive as checking the stats. In some cases the stats dont do the eye test justice with how he just be pulling up from wherever over anybody. It really didnt just start two years ago either he just got more of the greenlight and just simply got better the past two years. I dont see him losing his jumper either but anything can happen.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I appreciate the folks who answered my question about the importance of what the future might hold. It's obvious that a lot of folks see my hesitation as labeling an unfinished product as completed, some what troubling. LOL.

I by no shape, form or fashion am saying the guy isn't a great shooter. ? , he is the best I've ever seen but I just believe in letting things play all the way out because being a fan of the team I'm a fan of, I've witness too many times things that seemed for certain snatched away quickly.

I appreciate the guys who responded to my comments respectfully and rationally. We need more friendly banter like this throughout the whole website
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    804 wrote: »

If you can't see that the man is already the greatest 3pt shooter in any form of all time, then you're never going to see it. Is this a thread about Curry disrespect or whether or not players sometimes get injured and aren't able to live out there full potential?

You might not be hating, but you obviously plan on showing up late to the party.

Wtf.

Here we go. ? the first 4 pages of the thread. I read thru it. Majority of that was straight hate. ? ain't have no real arguments. Just plain outlandish ? that has nothing to do with Steph on the court.

I came in the thread and made a valid point based on unbiased observation. ? said it was still hate.

I will say it again Steph been in the league 5-6 , was injury prone for the first 3-4. Got healthy broke a couple 3 point records and won to mvps.

Is he on Mike level? Kareem level? Kobe level? Lebron level? ? is he even on AI level?

These are all hof and potential hof.

Steph ain't on none of their level.

He do it 5 more years straight, I'll put him up there.

Now how the ? is this argument hate?
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

This is debatable bro.

You talking all time. It's so many spot up shooters that were great. Catch and shoot players that were great.

Is he the illest ? doing it right now? Yes sir. No question. Won't take it away from him.

But all time great after 2 excellent years?

? Nah
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

If you can't see that the man is already the greatest 3pt shooter in any form of all time, then you're never going to see it. Is this a thread about Curry disrespect or whether or not players sometimes get injured and aren't able to live out there full potential?

You might not be hating, but you obviously plan on showing up late to the party.

Wtf.

Here we go. ? the first 4 pages of the thread. I read thru it. Majority of that was straight hate. ? ain't have no real arguments. Just plain outlandish ? that has nothing to do with Steph on the court.

I came in the thread and made a valid point based on unbiased observation. ? said it was still hate.

I will say it again Steph been in the league 5-6 , was injury prone for the first 3-4. Got healthy broke a couple 3 point records and won to mvps.

Is he on Mike level? Kareem level? Kobe level? Lebron level? ? is he even on AI level?

Step away from the keyboard bruh, go take a time out and blow some steam off
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited June 2016
    Options

This is debatable bro.

You talking all time. It's so many spot up shooters that were great. Catch and shoot players that were great.

Is he the illest ? doing it right now? Yes sir. No question. Won't take it away from him.

? Nah

im just asking, but i cant think of anyone better all time. im a huge ray allen fan and i hesitated to put curry over him, but after this year it's tough not to.

again, im talking strictly shooting now. curry, is great at all facets when it comes to that. and always has been. even thru his rookie and injured years, the boy jumper always been pure, its just now on another level now that he's been healthy for the last 3 years. u can go eye test or stats with curry, ray, and reggie, and if he hasnt surpassed em yet, he will soon.

but if its not curry, who is it?
  • waterproof
    Options

Wtf.

You is a delusional muthafucka, nobody said he's on Mike, Kareem, Kobe, LeBron level, you making up ?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is debatable bro.

? Nah

Difference is steph can do it off the dribble, hit 1 foot 3 pointers, and shoot 3's over 7 footers with ease while shooting above 40% I can't think of anyone else who can hit 3's on those levels only other guy who I can think of (didn't shoot it at that percentage ) is Gilbert arenas
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

Wtf.

Step away from the keyboard bruh, go take a time out and blow some steam off

This the ? I'm talking about. You have no argument. You just spitting sidebar comments.

I'll respect your opinion and won't quote you no more have a good day sir.
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

Wtf.

You is a delusional muthafucka, nobody said he's on Mike, Kareem, Kobe, LeBron level, you making up ?

So how the ? can he be an all time great?

And if that ain't your argument, then wtf is you arguing?

You brought up Bill Walton and his all time stats. Comparing what Steph doing now to what he did when he played.

By you doing that you insinuating that that Steph is a all time great.

Is he a great shooter now? Yes. Great player now? Yes. Is he an all time great? No ? .

So wtf is you arguing

You ? ? don't quote no more.

You don't watch basketball you watch sport center and wait for did you know to compile your stats. Foh
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You lost points for comparing Steph to AI....
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph ain't a two year wonder though. Yes, he's only been MVP, elite caliber the last 2 years, but he's been averaging at least 23 a game since the 12-13 season.
  • waterproof
    Options

Wtf.

So how the ? can he be an all time great?

And if that ain't your argument, then wtf is you arguing?

You brought up Bill Walton and his all time stats. Comparing what Steph doing now to what he did when he played.

By you doing that you insinuating that that Steph is a all time great.

Is he a great shooter now? Yes. Great player now? Yes. Is he an all time great? No ? .

So wtf is you arguing

You ? ? don't quote no more.

You don't watch basketball you watch sport center and wait for did you know to compile your stats. Foh

You got Girl Drawls in You, Girl Flaws in You...I'm going to keep smacking yo punk ass....

You so caught up in your emotions, you lost your damn mind, you like a female arguing just to Argue because not only you lost your train of thought you basically agreeing with us.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    When it comes to shooting, there really isn't much of a debate to be had.

Three main factors to keep it simple

Difficulty ... Efficiency ... and Volume
    All three at unprecedented, historic levels.

Difficulty
    Dude isn't just spotting up or coming off screens ...
    He's off the dribble, from ridiculous distances, against Bigs, double teams, traps, in the clutch - you name it.

The guy shoots from literally anywhere at any time, regardless of who is guarding him or what the situation is.

Efficiency
    This difficulty would be less impressive if he had ? or average percentages ... Nah despite the impossible shot selection, his percentages are among the best of ALL Time... Compared to guys who take a fraction of the amount of shots at a much lower difficulty.

50% from the field
    46% from 3 .... A ridiculous 44% from 30 Feet out.
    91% from the line

One of two players in NBA history to be included in the 50-45-90 club

Volume
    Ok... So cool, he shoots difficult shots at a high percentage, anybody can get lucky a few times right.

Except that the guy does it with massive Volume.

He led the league in scoring ...
    And he made over 400 3s in the regular season.

He has tripled the next guy on the list...

That's more single season threes than most teams in NBA history.

He's made more threes in one season than some HOFamers have made in their entrie careers.

Difficulty, Efficiency and Volume along with the eye test, make this pretty much an open and shut case.

I still don't have him as being close to one of the greatest players ever ... yet...

But let's give some credit where it is due...
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

This is debatable bro.

? Nah

im just asking, but i cant think of anyone better all time. im a huge ray allen fan and i hesitated to put curry over him, but after this year it's tough not to.

again, im talking strictly shooting now. curry, is great at all facets when it comes to that. and always has been. even thru his rookie and injured years, the boy jumper always been pure, its just now on another level now that he's been healthy for the last 3 years. u can go eye test or stats with curry, ray, and reggie, and if he hasnt surpassed em yet, he will soon.

but if its not curry, who is it?

My g I agree with you wholeheartedly.

The boy is a different animal. Handle, 3 point accuracy, create his own shot and a great spot up shooter.

Yo my g the boy is nice. Nice. I never seen nobody like him. The closest I have seen wit his attributes is Chris Jackson.

My argument wasn't whether he's the greatest shooter of all time. Like I said for now that's debatable, his career ain't over but if all goes well barring injuries. He could or will go down as the best shooter of all time.

My argument was ? saying he one of the greatest to ever play the game after 2 great years. I can't give him that.

As far as what he doing now? ? can't be questioned.

Now I ask you my guy how the ? is this hate?

And this been my argument the whole time.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Steph really came outta the blue tho I never saw him coming

? I still be kinda shocked

I wouldn't necessarily say I saw him coming...however I loved those mid 90's hornets team on nba jam n liked his father 3 point shooting...so I was intrigued when I heard dude had a son playing in college..seen steph play in that legendary touthought that quick shot will do him good in the league n always kept tabs on him...did not think he would develop into what he is now..especially w all the ankle ? early on...I think that's bring alot of hate towards him n the skinny light skin thing too

• Louis Devinear
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

This is debatable bro.

? Nah

Difference is steph can do it off the dribble, hit 1 foot 3 pointers, and shoot 3's over 7 footers with ease while shooting above 40% I can't think of anyone else who can hit 3's on those levels only other guy who I can think of (didn't shoot it at that percentage ) is Gilbert arenas

Him being a great shooter is not my argument homie.

Can he be considered one of the greatest of all time after 2 great seasons?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

These ogs in and out the league don't like this ? because he hasn't been doing this his whole career in the league.

This ? been in the league 5-6 years. Out all those years he's had only 2 great seasons.

Off the strength of those two years you got pundits and stupid ass writers and fans saying he one of the greatest of all time.

Off two ? seasons? Really? Now imagine if you one of them ? that's been doing it since the day you got in the league and some ? that's been in the league just about or longer and never get those accolades?

? , I'm keeping it a buck I wouldn't acknowledge that ? stats either.

? two years. Do it for 10 straight

And this is why ? don't like him. It ain't the bravado, dancing or being light skinned.

Players that's been doing it consistently throughout their careers not gonna respect it.

That simple

LMAO So Emotional......Here's my rebuttal How Many Healthy Years Bill Walton played Healthy?, ? that How Many years did he even ? start because of his injuries, Yet He still Considered one of the Greatest Center Ever.....Out of 12 years he was only healthy for 3?, 2x All Star, but he got 2 chips and Considered one of the best Centers and also in the Hall of Fame.

Curry been in the League 5/6 years, 3x All Star, 2x MVP, 1 Chip, Greatest Team Season Win, shattered 3 point records and widely considered by pundits and players as the Greatest Shooter ever. Don't Hate, Curry put in the time with hard work overcame injuries to get what he deserve

Nobody considers bill walton one of the best ever...

Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Russell, Pat, David, Moses, Wes Unseld, Alonzo, Dikembe ...
  • waterproof
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    ? really don't get it.

These ogs in and out the league don't like this ? because he hasn't been doing this his whole career in the league.

This ? been in the league 5-6 years. Out all those years he's had only 2 great seasons.

Off the strength of those two years you got pundits and stupid ass writers and fans saying he one of the greatest of all time.

Off two ? seasons? Really? Now imagine if you one of them ? that's been doing it since the day you got in the league and some ? that's been in the league just about or longer and never get those accolades?

And this is why ? don't like him. It ain't the bravado, dancing or being light skinned.

Players that's been doing it consistently throughout their careers not gonna respect it.

That simple

LMAO So Emotional......Here's my rebuttal How Many Healthy Years Bill Walton played Healthy?, ? that How Many years did he even ? start because of his injuries, Yet He still Considered one of the Greatest Center Ever.....Out of 12 years he was only healthy for 3?, 2x All Star, but he got 2 chips and Considered one of the best Centers and also in the Hall of Fame.

Curry been in the League 5/6 years, 3x All Star, 2x MVP, 1 Chip, Greatest Team Season Win, shattered 3 point records and widely considered by pundits and players as the Greatest Shooter ever. Don't Hate, Curry put in the time with hard work overcame injuries to get what he deserve

Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Russell, Pat, David, Moses, Wes Unseld, Alonzo, Dikembe ...

His Peers does and that's what matters, it doesn't matter what we think, it's what his peers thinks because at the end that what all matters. His peers said he's the 50th Greatest of all times, we can have an opinion but our opinions have no say so
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    You lost points for comparing Steph to AI....

How homie? AI was greatness that transcended a decade.

Steph been great for 2.

I gave you a lol for your comment.

But that ? was stupid.

So Steph career supersede AI now?

C'mon son
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

Pay no attention to this ? . He trolling. This ? is looking for reactions.

Go through the thread and look at the ? he typed and cosigned.

The ? don't watch Basketball. He white boy that champions lacrosse.

Name one ? you know that considered Bill ? Walton great?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

This is debatable bro.

? Nah

Him being a great shooter is not my argument homie.

Can he be considered one of the greatest of all time after 2 great seasons?

Greatest of all time players? No and I think most of us are with u on ur previous comments on that

Greatest of all time shooters? Ay to me it's hard to argue bro, I mean, who else?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    By the way I'd say steph has had 4 great seasons. 2 elite seasons. 1 once in q lifetime season