• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok thanks, grandma
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    if he was manute bol black he would be getting spoken about as if he were some barbaric maniac.

caste system hidden in plain sight.

It's some truth to that. I can def agree with that.

You can tell because his wife gets so much shine too because she's not a "black women" Because all the other great players that was in these playoffs didn't get shine like that. LBJ wife or even Russ wife. Hell, Even D-Wade wife didn't get so much shine and she's famous.

only wives get shine are the one's that seem to transcend race.

gabriel union was well on her way to transcending race till they saw how she acted in them stands... now they got her doing stereotypical black chick roles again.

she was bout to be the darkskinned vanessa williams.

Wtf are u talking about...
  • D0wn
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    waterproof wrote: »
    i still find it weird that even with people saying GSW bench was on fire when klay and steph wasnt and they still blew out the cavs.
    then people talk about klay an green when stephs not on the floor and they still win.

i dont know,.... maybe its only me. but it seems like the team is good without him...so put him in an they are better.
    i dont think hes the determining factor on how good the team is.

so maybe ...just maybe some people see , like i said before his cocki-ness and arrogance is unwarranted because the system around him is great and hes just one train car on a steaming locomotive.

Yes the Warrior's a Good Team without Curry but they wouldn't be a Great Team without Curry

^^ I really don't get why this is so hard to understand.

its not....hes a piece of the puzzle....he is not the puzzle
    hes a gear in the system...hes not the system

Exactly... U take Lebron off the Cavs, theyre not in their 2nd Straight Finals... U take Curry off GS, they're still a 50 win team, and possibly championship contenders.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'll give a klay and draymond lead team 45 wins at best, difference between that duo and kyrie and love is defense
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    i still find it weird that even with people saying GSW bench was on fire when klay and steph wasnt and they still blew out the cavs.
    then people talk about klay an green when stephs not on the floor and they still win.

i dont know,.... maybe its only me. but it seems like the team is good without him...so put him in an they are better.

so maybe ...just maybe some people see , like i said before his cocki-ness and arrogance is unwarranted because the system around him is great and hes just one train car on a steaming locomotive.

Yes the Warrior's a Good Team without Curry but they wouldn't be a Great Team without Curry

Exactly... U take Lebron off the Cavs, theyre not in their 2nd Straight Finals... U take Curry off GS, they're still a 50 win team, and possibly championship contenders.

They're a 73 win team with Curry tho. Yall really think GS goes to the finals twice in a row without Curry? Before you mention Klay......do you think Chicago wins 6 rings without Pippen?

Requesting honest answers here. No trolling.....
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    His on court attitude is highly disrespectful

you mean like when his lil ass comes down the lane and you cringe, only to see him lob sumn over everybody's head and off the glass.....then gets up and flexes them mosquito bites on em?

that ? is ? hilarious to me.....somebody gone lose it on him one day

i been having this argument with all the homies lately and im tired of it.....the man is great....in his own way...but great....and just fun to watch....the whole team is really.....i wasnt tuned in to his come up but its hard not to root for him....and im a natural underdog fan....i never liked Kobe or Lebron.....respected their greatness and gave much due props but i didnt like them cuz they were THAT good....i guess thats the feeling Curry is giving people now

Not liking someone because they are THAT good isn't rooting for the underdog that's called being a hater
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't think any players really hate the ? it's just probably frustrating getting dubbed by a ? that looks like a middle school band teacher.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmao. Of course he's not the system - It's a TEAM game.

What does that have to do with him elevating his team's success?

his team will win regardless, as they have shown.

but you keep saying its a team game.....
    i say hes not bigger than the team basically.....

whats the problem

No one said he is bigger than the team. So I don't know why you keep arguing that point...

But what you are basically saying is that the guy sucks or he is just an average ? in the NBA...

Even if you think he isn't the top player in the league, the sentiment above is unequivocally false ... So much so, that your basketball opinion cannot be taken seriously after expressing it.

i wont call him a ? but lets see what he can do without the current team around him....i will bring this post up in two years when others start leaving GS
  • D0wn
    Options

They're a 73 win team with Curry tho. Yall really think GS goes to the finals twice in a row without Curry? Before you mention Klay......do you think Chicago wins 6 rings without Pippen?

The point of my post is, they're a well constructed team, that has a great system in place. They'll have success without Curry. And would be possibly contenders without Curry as well.

• D0wn
    Options

Lmao. Of course he's not the system - It's a TEAM game.

What does that have to do with him elevating his team's success?

his team will win regardless, as they have shown.

but you keep saying its a team game.....
    i say hes not bigger than the team basically.....

whats the problem

No one said he is bigger than the team. So I don't know why you keep arguing that point...

But what you are basically saying is that the guy sucks or he is just an average ? in the NBA...

Even if you think he isn't the top player in the league, the sentiment above is unequivocally false ... So much so, that your basketball opinion cannot be taken seriously after expressing it.

i wont call him a ? but lets see what he can do without the current team around him....i will bring this post up in two years when others start leaving GS

U put Bron on the sixers. Theyre fighting for a playoff spot. U put Curry on the Sixers, theyre fighting for lottery ? .
  • D0wn
    Options
    The funny thing is, in the playoffs against OKC. Barring gm2 .Goldenstate offensive runs in Gm 5-7 was with Curry on the bench...
    They blew The Cavs out with Harrison, and Andre as the best players in Gm1.

Curry is a good player, who is incredibly overrated... when the game is physical he becomes invisible, and u see how horrible he actually plays. He takes bad shots , and can't play d.

Lebron>
    Kev>>>
    Westbrook>>>
    CP3>>>
    James >>>>>
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The point of my post is, they're a well constructed team, that has a great system in place. They'll have success without Curry. And would be possibly contenders without Curry as well.

The Bulls had success without Jordan...
    80s Lakers without Kareem ...
    00s Lakers without Shaq ...

So what are we really talking about?

But, If y'all think you can replace Curry with Kirk Heinrich or some average pg, and those Warriors even sniff the Finals ... you're out of your mind.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

These ogs in and out the league don't like this ? because he hasn't been doing this his whole career in the league.

This ? been in the league 5-6 years. Out all those years he's had only 2 great seasons.

Off the strength of those two years you got pundits and stupid ass writers and fans saying he one of the greatest of all time.

Off two ? seasons? Really? Now imagine if you one of them ? that's been doing it since the day you got in the league and some ? that's been in the league just about or longer and never get those accolades?

? , I'm keeping it a buck I wouldn't acknowledge that ? stats either.

? two years. Do it for 10 straight

And this is why ? don't like him. It ain't the bravado, dancing or being light skinned.

Players that's been doing it consistently throughout their careers not gonna respect it.

That simple
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll agree with that.

IMO, he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the Magic's and Isiash's of the world ... He has a LOT to prove before he gets close - if he ever does.

Thing is - he never claimed to be ... And real hoop heads never claimed he was.

Hating him because of what the media says is stupid to me - the media says literally anything to make a dollar...

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The funny thing is, in the playoffs against OKC. Barring gm2 .Goldenstate offensive runs in Gm 5-7 was with Curry on the bench...

Curry is a good player, who is incredibly overrated... when the game is physical he becomes invisible, and u see how horrible he actually plays. He takes bad shots , and can't play d.

Lebron>
    Kev>>>
    Westbrook>>>
    CP3>>>
    James >>>>>

No respect for Livingston???
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    I'll agree with that.

IMO, he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the Magic's and Isiash's of the world ... He has a LOT to prove before he gets close - if he ever does.

Hating him because of what the media says is stupid to me - the media says literally anything to make a dollar...

I'll agree with that.

But that's the media fault. They put it out there and want players in the league to cosign the ? .

When players don't reciprocate the media sentiment and the fans do. The players are haters and the fans are correct.

Look the ? nice don't get me wrong but two great years don't constitute ? .

Quick question, how long cp3 been in the league? How long has he been great?

When was he ever the face of the league?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

These ogs in and out the league don't like this ? because he hasn't been doing this his whole career in the league.

This ? been in the league 5-6 years. Out all those years he's had only 2 great seasons.

Off the strength of those two years you got pundits and stupid ass writers and fans saying he one of the greatest of all time.

Off two ? seasons? Really? Now imagine if you one of them ? that's been doing it since the day you got in the league and some ? that's been in the league just about or longer and never get those accolades?

And this is why ? don't like him. It ain't the bravado, dancing or being light skinned.

Players that's been doing it consistently throughout their careers not gonna respect it.

That simple

This should be the response to Jamela Hill
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    I can definitely respect the fact that ppl want to see longevity from Curry before they compare him to the greats. I personally wouldn't have it any other way. But to ignore and dismiss what he's doing right now is ? .

Oh no doubt. I respect what he's done the last two years. ? is amazing. Got give credit where credit is due.

But he ain't going on no all time great list after two great seasons.

? that. I'm not drinking the koolaid. And neither are the ogs.

Don't be mad at them. Not saying you are.

But they know a whole lot more about basketball than me and you and those pencil neck analytic geeks. Who never stepped foot on a blacktop.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lebron>
    Kev>>>
    Westbrook>>>
    CP3>>>
    James >>>>>

No respect for Livingston???

Nah
    Cause he lightskinned too
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

LMAO So Emotional......Here's my rebuttal How Many Healthy Years Bill Walton played Healthy?, ? that How Many years did he even ? start because of his injuries, Yet He still Considered one of the Greatest Center Ever.....Out of 12 years he was only healthy for 3?, 2x All Star, but he got 2 chips and Considered one of the best Centers and also in the Hall of Fame.

Curry been in the League 5/6 years, 3x All Star, 2x MVP, 1 Chip, Greatest Team Season Win, shattered 3 point records and widely considered by pundits and players as the Greatest Shooter ever. Don't Hate, Curry put in the time with hard work overcame injuries to get what he deserve
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Curry, but he just a great shooter, Westbrook and Lilliard better all around PGs IMO
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

LMAO So Emotional......Here's my rebuttal How Many Healthy Years Bill Walton played Healthy?, ? that How Many years did he even ? start because of his injuries, Yet He still Considered one of the Greatest Center Ever.....Out of 12 years he was only healthy for 3?, 2x All Star, but he got 2 chips and Considered one of the best Centers and also in the Hall of Fame.

Curry been in the League 5/6 years, 3x All Star, 2x MVP, 1 Chip, Greatest Team Season Win, shattered 3 point records and widely considered by pundits and players as the Greatest Shooter ever. Don't Hate, Curry put in the time with hard work overcame injuries to get what he deserve

C'mon fam. No emotions at all. Just an unbiased observation.

He do got great stats for two years. Okay. Individually wise he gotta do it for a lot longer. That team record is cool and he gets his props for being an integral part of that. But 3x all star and two mvps don't put you among the pantheons of the sport.

That simple. I give him his props but that is where it stops.

And for your Bill Walton comparison. Gtfoh. Who in they right mind consider him an all time great. Lol. Bill ? Walton.

I can name ten centers better than that unhealthy ? .

And please don't say Steph can't control injuries. That's a copout. Take better care of yourself. Workout, train hard, condition your body to go through the 82 regular game season.

Bill ? Walton. Lol