Jemele Hill: ‘Never Seen’ Open Disrespect Other Players Show Steph Curry

Options

Comments

• #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    These same dudes have revisionist love affairs about the early mid 90's team of the Orlando Magic (Shaq, Penny, Nick Anderson, 3D Scott) young team built through the Draft, Homegrown similar to The Warrior's, the only difference the Warrior's got that Chip, you think they would give props to the The Warrior's like they beloved Magic Team.

And the Funny ? , these chumps ? about Steph Curry getting accolades so early but Shaq was named to the 50th Greatest player team in 96 with 5 years total in the NBA with no Chips 5x All Star at that point Not a word said, yeah y'all some damn haters.

Out of 13 years played, Penny Hardaway had 5 total healthy seasons these ? love him and ? on Curry.

I'm not even a Shaq fan but his first 5 seasons in the NBA were crazy. LMAO. His numbers and accolades backed up why he was on that 50 greatest list so fast. As a rookie the guy averaged 23 points, 3 blocks and almost 14 rebounds per game!! Penny Hardaway isn't even and will not be a Hall of Fame player and the only people who overrate him are fans.

Steph Curry is a bad dude and should be getting the love he is now but I have to agree with @Louis Devinear with the fact that Curry is having a phenomenal 2 maybe 3 year run and deserves to be lauded for that but shouldn't already be put in the same sentence as all time greats. To do so would be jumping the shark considerably and he has to keep balling out to

Bill Walton got so much love because he was so dominate in the NCAA's. The guy won 2 championships, 3 time player of the year and 3 time All NCAA 1st team member. The players and media seen and knew how good he was when he was healthy and he proved it by helping Portland win their only championship. Now I agree he shouldn't have been on that 50 greatest NBA player list because his NBA numbers were destroyed due to injuries but it's obvious when he was healthy he was a bad man

Idk why these ? mad at the point I made.

Never called the man a ? nor did I say he wasn't having a helluva run.

But all time great after 2 years?

One more thing not one of these ? is disputing what I'm saying.

They bringing up other ? that has nothing to do with Steph Curry

The 94-95 magic and Bill ? Walton.

That's media driven hype though. It's how things are these days because the media is so quick to find the next best thing that they will prop up/hype anything to crazy lengths. They build you up to bring you down so fast.

? , even my guy Kawhi Leonard got hyped to death this season. I think he is a very good player and deserved some of the love he got but I cringed at some of the positive things the media members were saying about him. I did think he deserved to be #2 in MVP voting due to how well the team played in the regular season and him being the best player on the team but I hated when they posted the only players to be 2 time defensive player of the year and Finals MVP are him and Olajuwon and stuff like that because they are trying to insinuate ? inadvertently to the fans watching those types of graphics.

Why can't the media just let these players live in the now and then when their careers are slowing down or when they have amassed and actual lengthy body of work then compare them to the all-time greats.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    These same dudes have revisionist love affairs about the early mid 90's team of the Orlando Magic (Shaq, Penny, Nick Anderson, 3D Scott) young team built through the Draft, Homegrown similar to The Warrior's, the only difference the Warrior's got that Chip, you think they would give props to the The Warrior's like they beloved Magic Team.

And the Funny ? , these chumps ? about Steph Curry getting accolades so early but Shaq was named to the 50th Greatest player team in 96 with 5 years total in the NBA with no Chips 5x All Star at that point Not a word said, yeah y'all some damn haters.

Out of 13 years played, Penny Hardaway had 5 total healthy seasons these ? love him and ? on Curry.

Steph Curry is a bad dude and should be getting the love he is now ...

^^^ Let's not get the original point twisted - There are several in this thread that don't agree with THIS ...

Reasons for the hate Include:

- He celebrates his success
    - His child ... Acts like a child
    - And his team is "too good"

Therefore he is a ? and overrated.

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

These ogs in and out the league don't like this ? because he hasn't been doing this his whole career in the league.

This ? been in the league 5-6 years. Out all those years he's had only 2 great seasons.

Off the strength of those two years you got pundits and stupid ass writers and fans saying he one of the greatest of all time.

Off two ? seasons? Really? Now imagine if you one of them ? that's been doing it since the day you got in the league and some ? that's been in the league just about or longer and never get those accolades?

? , I'm keeping it a buck I wouldn't acknowledge that ? stats either.

? two years. Do it for 10 straight

And this is why ? don't like him. It ain't the bravado, dancing or being light skinned.

Players that's been doing it consistently throughout their careers not gonna respect it.

That simple

LMAO So Emotional......Here's my rebuttal How Many Healthy Years Bill Walton played Healthy?, ? that How Many years did he even ? start because of his injuries, Yet He still Considered one of the Greatest Center Ever.....Out of 12 years he was only healthy for 3?, 2x All Star, but he got 2 chips and Considered one of the best Centers and also in the Hall of Fame.

Curry been in the League 5/6 years, 3x All Star, 2x MVP, 1 Chip, Greatest Team Season Win, shattered 3 point records and widely considered by pundits and players as the Greatest Shooter ever. Don't Hate, Curry put in the time with hard work overcame injuries to get what he deserve

C'mon fam. No emotions at all. Just an unbiased observation.

He do got great stats for two years. Okay. Individually wise he gotta do it for a lot longer. That team record is cool and he gets his props for being an integral part of that. But 3x all star and two mvps don't put you among the pantheons of the sport.

That simple. I give him his props but that is where it stops.

And for your Bill Walton comparison. Gtfoh. Who in they right mind consider him an all time great. Lol. Bill ? Walton.

I can name ten centers better than that unhealthy ? .

And please don't say Steph can't control injuries. That's a copout. Take better care of yourself. Workout, train hard, condition your body to go through the 82 regular game season.

Bill ? Walton. Lol

Well according to Shaq and the Big Man code 225.25 you're right
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    For all of y'all talking about the longevity of Steph's greatness, do y'all really think his game is gonna fall off of a cliff over the next five years? Steph is getting a lot of hate, but that's what folks do when you getting it better than them. And to the dude that brought up Chris Paul and how long he's been doing it and why hasn't he been the face of the league, Chris Paul doesn't know what the Conference Finals looks, he doesn't know how heavy the MVP trophy feels when it first comes out of the Commish hands, and he ain't never seen his champagne soaked reflection in the Larry O'Brien trophy, that's why he's never been the face of the league.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And let's be clear - the argument of LeBron over Steph right now; has some merit...

The argument that Steph is a ? and that any player can do what he is doing is short school bus ?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    I get it... Curry/Warriors disrupted the hierarchy that the NBA and its fans have been used to Forever. Youve been conditioned by the way things were and cant accept the way things will be...

The Warriors came out of nowhere in the eyes of most.. that's cool for NFL teams but it's never been like that for the NBA. An established hierarchy/dynasty has always been the norm, there's really hasnt been many overnight champions in NBA history

Magic got 5 rings, Bird 3, Isiah 2, Jordan 6, Hakeem stole 2 cuz jordan retired... then Duncan got 5, Kobe 5, Wade 3, Garnet/Pierce/Allen snuck in 1 as did Dirk but all of them had 10+ years in

^^^thats a 30+ year span

The closest parallel to the Warriors "out of nowhere" chip last year was the 04 Pistons (yet they continued to be contenders for years)

I get it, ? just don't respect the Ascension of a Home Grown, perennial garbage team.. Hoop fans are in a collective state of denial.. sad but true

How you gonna disrespect The Dream like that. There's nothing saying it's written in stone the Bulls would've won 8 straight titles like people love to believe. Contrary to popular belief Jordan didn't go the NBA Finals every single year of his career. He did lose in the playoffs too
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    edited June 2016
    Options
    804 wrote: »
    For all of y'all talking about the longevity of Steph's greatness, do y'all really think his game is gonna fall off of a cliff over the next five years? Steph is getting a lot of hate, but that's what folks do when you getting it better than them. And to the dude that brought up Chris Paul and how long he's been doing it and why hasn't he been the face of the league, Chris Paul doesn't know what the Conference Finals looks, he doesn't know how heavy the MVP trophy feels when it first comes out of the Commish hands, and he ain't never seen his champagne soaked reflection in the Larry O'Brien trophy, that's why he's never been the face of the league.

Today's success doesn't guarantee tomorrow's results and nothing is promised to anybody. So trying to down play longevity is some what crazy.

There are a massive amount of players who came on the scene and looked great and then fell off do to a variety of issues. I mean look at Grant Hill for example or even a player somebody brought up earlier in Anfrenee Hardaway. They looked like they were on their way to greatness and then injuries considerably changed everything. You even have some players who started off great and then without injuries just faded down the stretch. Then you have players and teams that fell off due to roster or coaching changes.

If Curry stays healthy and keeps at the pace he is currently at he will no doubt be an all time great because like you stated he is a jump shooter and his game SHOULD age well. Hopefully he does just that.
    edited June 2016
    Options

Today's success doesn't guarantee tomorrow's results and nothing is promised to anybody. So trying to down play longevity is some what crazy.

There are a massive amount of players who came on the scene and looked great and then fell off do to a variety of issues. I mean look at Grant Hill for example or even a player somebody brought up earlier in Anfrenee Hardaway. They looked like they were on their way to greatness and then injuries considerably changed everything. You even have some players who started off great and then without injuries just faded down the stretch. Then you have players and teams that fell off due to roster or coaching changes.

If Curry stays healthy and keeps at the pace he is currently at he will no doubt be an all time great because like you stated he is a jump shooter and his game SHOULD age well. Hopefully he does just that.

I'm not downplaying that longevity means something, but why should I believe that he won't continue playing at a level comparable to where he is currently playing? There is no proof that he won't continue to shine. He's entering the prime of his career, he's shown the ability to improve, and with even more experience gained he'll be a much smarter player. All signs point to him keeping this up.

Curry does something like no other player before him has done, at the end of the day that's why most are in awe of him. He plays the game contrary to the way most were raised to believe the game was supposed to be played. A lot of folks are just mad because they think it's only one way to skin a cat, and this man took years of a tired ass rhetoric, and proved that ? to be misguided. Now it's up to LeBron, the old guards champion, to restore order, but ? don't realize that man Steph don't give a ? about that noise because no matter what, he's scooping accolades at an incredible rate.

I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy this ? , and tell my grandkids 25 years from now how old grandpappy got to see the coldest lil shooting muh ? the league has ever seen.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not downplaying that longevity means something, but why should I believe that he won't continue playing at a level comparable to where he is currently playing? There is no proof that he won't continue to shine. He's entering the prime of his career, he's shown the ability to improve, and with even more experience gained he'll be a much smarter player. All signs point to him keeping this up.

Curry does something like no other player before him has done, at the end of the day that's why most are in awe of him. He plays the game contrary to the way most were raised to believe the game was supposed to be played. A lot of folks are just mad because they think it's only one way to skin a cat, and this man took years of a tired ass rhetoric, and proved that ? to be misguided. Now it's up to LeBron, the old guards champion, to restore order, but ? don't realize that man Steph don't give a ? about that noise because no matter what, he's scooping accolades at an incredible rate.

I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy this ? , and tell my grandkids 25 years from now how old grandpappy got to see the coldest lil shooting muh ? the league has ever seen.

Didn't the man say lets see how this plays out?

Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.

One ? up injury" and I don't wish that on him at all" and it it could be over.

So these 2 great seasons is all he'll have to his name.

Like i said and the homie @#1hiphopjunki3 reiterated

? what he could have done. He will be remembered for what he did not do.

I.e. Grant hill penny hardaway
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not even a Shaq fan but his first 5 seasons in the NBA were crazy. LMAO. His numbers and accolades backed up why he was on that 50 greatest list so fast. As a rookie the guy averaged 23 points, 3 blocks and almost 14 rebounds per game!! Penny Hardaway isn't even and will not be a Hall of Fame player and the only people who overrate him are fans.

Steph Curry is a bad dude and should be getting the love he is now but I have to agree with @Louis Devinear with the fact that Curry is having a phenomenal 2 maybe 3 year run and deserves to be lauded for that but shouldn't already be put in the same sentence as all time greats. To do so would be jumping the shark considerably and he has to keep balling out to

Bill Walton got so much love because he was so dominate in the NCAA's. The guy won 2 championships, 3 time player of the year and 3 time All NCAA 1st team member. The players and media seen and knew how good he was when he was healthy and he proved it by helping Portland win their only championship. Now I agree he shouldn't have been on that 50 greatest NBA player list because his NBA numbers were destroyed due to injuries but it's obvious when he was healthy he was a bad man

I'm rebutting some of y'all theories to show the hate, the hate is crazy that it blinds y'all.....Steph Curry by his peers, pundits is not being hailed as top 5 or 10 point guard, he's being hailed as the Greatest Shooter of all times, and yes he is, his numbers back it.....And after he won his 2nd consecutive MVP sports talk dudes are saying do Curry deserve to mention among the greats ever with his great season, feats.

Y'all buying into sports talk drama, y'all put to much stock into ESPN, Sports Talk radio, it's their job to stir up ? and look at y'all.

Now to Shaq, Shaq is the Most Dominant Force I ever seen, I seen greats played, I'm making a point to ole dude about his opinions on who's the greatest like Bill Walton don't mean ? , if your peers think otherwise. According to him Walton or Shaq don't deserve to be the Greatest 50 in 96.

I know about Bill Walton and his championships in College, ROY in NBA, 2x All Star, NBA MVP, 2x Chip, Finals MVP, 2x All Defense Team ect. When Healthy Bill Walton was one of the Greatest Center Ever but injuries happened.

I have no problem Bill or Shaq being On the 50th Greatest ever because NBA players from the past and at that time present, Coaches, General Managers those who know and play the game voted them in, his peers voted them In
  • waterproof
    edited June 2016
    Options

Idk why these ? mad at the point I made.

Never called the man a ? nor did I say he wasn't having a helluva run.

But all time great after 2 years?

One more thing not one of these ? is disputing what I'm saying.

They bringing up other ? that has nothing to do with Steph Curry

The 94-95 magic and Bill ? Walton.

Either your reading comprehension skills is ? poor or you is ? delusional. I'm using your own theory against you...And NBA players,coaches and writers says ? your theory.

Again I showed with facts, all you have effeminate outbursts, feelings, I use logic, you use feelings, Man knows how to keep calm, anytime you want to debate sports I gladly will bust your tail.....Now shut the ? up and get ready to ? when Curry get that 2nd chip.

Matter fact turn to ESPN Sportscenter got a segment on Curry....
    Options

Didn't the man say lets see how this plays out?

Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.

One ? up injury" and I don't wish that on him at all" and it it could be over.

So these 2 great seasons is all he'll have to his name.

Like i said and the homie @#1hiphopjunki3 reiterated

? what he could have done. He will be remembered for what he did not do.

I.e. Grant hill penny hardaway

I don't disagree with you, I just think what you're saying is redundant.
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Steph Curry is a bad dude and should be getting the love he is now ...

^^^ Let's not get the original point twisted - There are several in this thread that don't agree with THIS ...

Reasons for the hate Include:

- He celebrates his success
    - His child ... Acts like a child
    - And his team is "too good"

Therefore he is a ? and overrated.

Yeah all that ? ? was talking 5 pages back was unnecessary.

You gotta be a real ? to not see what the man has done for the past 2 years. That ? is undeniable.

But let's be real name one point guard from the past 20 years that the general consensus deems great. And lets compare Steph stats to theirs. We talking hof. Point guards. In the first 5-6 years of their respective careers.

Steph ain't even making top 5. No hate

His last 2 years are phenomenal. He do it for another 5 then he deserves every accreditation he gets.

As for now that ? is a 2 hit wonder
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

How you figure no other player has done this before?

Chris Jackson aka Mahmoud Abdul Rahouf would like to have a word with you.

He was doing what Steph was doing before Steph was born.

Tourette's and not standing for the American national anthem got got him blackballed from the league.

That ? jump shot was magnificent. He became a Muslim the league labeled him a traitor. You will never hear his name in nba talk.

But he was Steph before Steph.

Facts
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options

I'm rebutting some of y'all theories to show the hate, the hate is crazy that it blinds y'all.....Steph Curry by his peers, pundits is not being hailed as top 5 or 10 point guard, he's being hailed as the Greatest Shooter of all times, and yes he is, his numbers back it.....And after he won his 2nd consecutive MVP sports talk dudes are saying do Curry deserve to mention among the greats ever with his great season, feats.

Y'all buying into sports talk drama, y'all put to much stock into ESPN, Sports Talk radio, it's their job to stir up ? and look at y'all.

Now to Shaq, Shaq is the Most Dominant Force I ever seen, I seen greats played, I'm making a point to ole dude about his opinions on who's the greatest like Bill Walton don't mean ? , if your peers think otherwise. According to him Walton or Shaq don't deserve to be the Greatest 50 in 96.

I know about Bill Walton and his championships in College, ROY in NBA, 2x All Star, NBA MVP, 2x Chip, Finals MVP, 2x All Defense Team ect. When Healthy Bill Walton was one of the Greatest Center Ever but injuries happened.

I have no problem Bill or Shaq being On the 50th Greatest ever because NBA players from the past and at that time present, Coaches, General Managers those who know and play the game voted them in, his peers voted them In

I have no hate for Curry at all.

I can understand why some players past and present would have issues with all the media coverage he is getting. I think it is warranted that he is getting the coverage because he earned it with his stellar play but I don't believe he should be mention as an all-time great just yet because hopefully he has a lot of career left.

If Curry was to go out tonight and break his knee cap in half (lord willing he doesn't) and the Warriors lose the finals the narrative for his season (and the Warriors) and career will totally change overnight from the best EVER shooter/player to best ever shooting SEASON and to what could've been and that is the point I feel me and @Louis Devinear are making.

It's also the way some of these players past and present I feel are looking at the media circus surrounding his 2 great seasons. Once again I think he is a terrific player and shooter and off the court he seems like a good guy and I wish no hate on him
    Options

Tourette's and not standing for the American national anthem got got him blackballed from the league.

That ? jump shot was magnificent. He became a Muslim the league labeled him a traitor. You will never hear his name in nba talk.

Facts

If that's how u feel patna
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry is the only player in the league today thats the best at a particular skill in basketball. His skill happens to be shooting. One could argue its actually the most important skill. Not only is he the best today, hes already the best all time.

Add a ring to the mix and two MVPs hes already a HOF lock. Get mad, or dont. Doesnt matter hes already there. Dont matter if he only been doing it two years either he obviously did enough to be labeled the best shooter all time. ? need to get out they feelings and agendas. As time goes and Curry continues to ball the goal posts will move anyway
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options

Facts

I gotta disagree with you on Abdul Rauf or any other shooter for that matter. Curry has been attempting and making more 3 point field goals than any other player in NBA history so far. Not to mention at what % he is making them. He is putting up some crazy ass numbers that haven't been seen before.

There have been a lot of great shooters but most don't take or hit this many at the % in which he has.
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

I have no hate for Curry at all.

I can understand why some players past and present would have issues with all the media coverage he is getting. I think it is warranted that he is getting the coverage because he earned it with his stellar play but I don't believe he should be mention as an all-time great just yet because hopefully he has a lot of career left.

If Curry was to go out tonight and break his knee cap in half (lord willing he doesn't) and the Warriors lose the finals the narrative for his season (and the Warriors) and career will totally change overnight from the best EVER shooter/player to best ever shooting SEASON and to what could've been and that is the point I feel me and @Louis Devinear are making.

It's also the way some of these players past and present I feel are looking at the media circus surrounding his 2 great seasons. Once again I think he is a terrific player and shooter and off the court he seems like a good guy and I wish no hate on him

Yo my g @#1hiphopjunki3 it's plain as day the point we're making.

Dudes wanna say the ? is hate. How many times me and you praised Steph for what he's done the past 2 years? C'mon man. At this point ? is spewing/typing dumb ? to sound smart.

This is the bottom line. Steph been in the league 5-6 years. He was injury prone and missed bulks of games the first 3-4 years of his career. These last 2 years he's been healthy and put up outstanding numbers.

But before I put this ? with the kgs, lebrons, kobes, mikes, magics, Isaiah, clydes, Kareem's etc etc. you get my drift ? .

These ? been great since the day they stepped in the league. Steph Curry hasn't.

So why should he be put among those greats when he's only did his thing for 2 years?

C'mon son. Lets keep it a buck. Friendly debate. No feelings.

And stop bringing up Bill ? Walton. The only ? that cares about his nba achievements is Luke Walton.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Facts

He was good, but he wasn't as good as Steph is now.
  • waterproof
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    Curry is the only player in the league today thats the best at a particular skill in basketball. His skill happens to be shooting. One could argue its actually the most important skill. Not only is he the best today, hes already the best all time.

Add a ring to the mix and two MVPs hes already a HOF lock. Get mad, or dont. Doesnt matter hes already there. Dont matter if he only been doing it two years either he obviously did enough to be labeled the best shooter all time. ? need to get out they feelings and agendas. As time goes and Curry continues to ball the goal posts will move anyway

CLOSE THREAD!
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    I know the stats homie. Abdul was a beast he took a lot more high percentage shots also.

I give Steph his props. He's no ? . For his size his game is great.

But Abdul fg percentage behind the arc wasn't futile. Imo jump shot wise with handle. He was Steph before Steph.

Just didn't attempt as many 3's
  • waterproof
    Options

Facts

Get off Phil Jackson ? , and turn off Sports Talk Radio, Twitter and ESPN
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    edited June 2016
    Options

So if Steph Curry was to retire today, like not even finish out the NBA finals he would go down as the best shooter of all time?

I'm not taking away from the crazy numbers he has so far but it just seems like a lot of people in this thread are very near sighted. Like they know 100% that nothing will go wrong with his career or life. LOL.
    edited June 2016
    Options

So if Steph Curry was to retire today, like not even finish out the NBA finals he would go down as the best shooter of all time?

I'm not taking away from the crazy numbers he has so far but it just seems like a lot of people in this thread are very near sighted. Like they know 100% that nothing will go wrong with his career or life. LOL.

If you can't see that the man is already the greatest 3pt shooter in any form of all time, then you're never going to see it. Is this a thread about Curry disrespect or whether or not players sometimes get injured and aren't able to live out there full potential?

You might not be hating, but you obviously plan on showing up late to the party.