Jemele Hill: ‘Never Seen’ Open Disrespect Other Players Show Steph Curry

Options

Comments

• Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Riley Curry could come out with a toddler clothing line tomorrow and it would be successful

And Im not okay with that

Damn are these your posts or @Chi-Town Bully . You're a true hater like your pops.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disrespect? He was the first unanimous MVP in league history. To me he is one of the quickest players to have an entire wave of stans who defend him and praise him for everything he does and refuse to critique him. The same people who hate lebron for being cocky and celebrating turn a blind eye to curry when he does the same.

Well to be fair, her major point was that he's getting a lot of hate from other players that seems unprecedented. I think there is some merit to that. I mean as much ? as Lebron has pulled, players weren't out there throwing shots at him.

? weren't getting at LeBron like that?? ? were taking their cues from Skip Bayless, calling him Lebrick, the frozen one, etc. As far as players in the league they respected the ? cause they could foul Bron hard as ? and he'd still dunk or lay up. U touch this fragile ? Curry and u might get a flagrant.

U notice how, whenever he has someone physical on him, he disappear?? Delanowhatshisface last year held him in check the first couple games, Westbrook made the ? invisible the first 4 games. Them he gets saved by the refs. ? that waffle colored ? . Hopefully this rant get me votes for Playa Hater of the year! Hate hate hate hate....

Does the ? you said really make sense to you? You're talking about a league where acting ability is almost as important as basketball ability? The players in that league didn't talk ? about Lebron cause he takes fouls and drives to the hole? The hole league benefits from the rule changes that got rid of rough play, so why does Curry deserve to be bashed for it. No, he doesn't bowl over the defense like Lebron does. He's not built like Lebron. He's taken what he's been given, worked hard, and perfected his craft. Why should other players feel the need to bash him for that? What has Curry done worse than "The Decision?" It's fair to not like Curry's play style, but the other players are just hating on him and they don't do that to the other superstars even the ones that deserve to be hated on.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody saw this coming.

A lot of people thought KD and OKC had next
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i still find it weird that even with people saying GSW bench was on fire when klay and steph wasnt and they still blew out the cavs.
    then people talk about klay an green when stephs not on the floor and they still win.

i dont know,.... maybe its only me. but it seems like the team is good without him...so put him in an they are better.
    i dont think hes the determining factor on how good the team is.

so maybe ...just maybe some people see , like i said before his cocki-ness and arrogance is unwarranted because the system around him is great and hes just one train car on a steaming locomotive.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i still find it weird that even with people saying GSW bench was on fire when klay and steph wasnt and they still blew out the cavs.
    then people talk about klay an green when stephs not on the floor and they still win.

i dont know,.... maybe its only me. but it seems like the team is good without him...so put him in an they are better.

so maybe ...just maybe some people see , like i said before his cocki-ness and arrogance is unwarranted because the system around him is great and hes just one train car on a steaming locomotive.

Yes the Warrior's a Good Team without Curry but they wouldn't be a Great Team without Curry
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Disrespect? He was the first unanimous MVP in league history. To me he is one of the quickest players to have an entire wave of stans who defend him and praise him for everything he does and refuse to critique him. The same people who hate lebron for being cocky and celebrating turn a blind eye to curry when he does the same.

Well to be fair, her major point was that he's getting a lot of hate from other players that seems unprecedented. I think there is some merit to that. I mean as much ? as Lebron has pulled, players weren't out there throwing shots at him.

? weren't getting at LeBron like that?? ? were taking their cues from Skip Bayless, calling him Lebrick, the frozen one, etc. As far as players in the league they respected the ? cause they could foul Bron hard as ? and he'd still dunk or lay up. U touch this fragile ? Curry and u might get a flagrant.

U notice how, whenever he has someone physical on him, he disappear?? Delanowhatshisface last year held him in check the first couple games, Westbrook made the ? invisible the first 4 games. Them he gets saved by the refs. ? that waffle colored ? . Hopefully this rant get me votes for Playa Hater of the year! Hate hate hate hate....

Does the ? you said really make sense to you? You're talking about a league where acting ability is almost as important as basketball ability? The players in that league didn't talk ? about Lebron cause he takes fouls and drives to the hole? The hole league benefits from the rule changes that got rid of rough play, so why does Curry deserve to be bashed for it. No, he doesn't bowl over the defense like Lebron does. He's not built like Lebron. He's taken what he's been given, worked hard, and perfected his craft. Why should other players feel the need to bash him for that? What has Curry done worse than "The Decision?" It's fair to not like Curry's play style, but the other players are just hating on him and they don't do that to the other superstars even the ones that deserve to be hated on.

No one in the league right now gets more ? calls going their way than curry. Period. Players in the league don't respect curry because he's being touted as the best player in the league while simultaneously being protected by the refs. U breathe on this ? too hard and he's at the line. Again, once a player is able to be physical with him, his whole game folds. He's a great shooter, poor defender, that plays on a well constructed team. And, for the life of me, I can't understand what was wrong with the Decision. A man took his career in his own hands and made the best decision for him. All the proceeds for the decision went to charity. What was the issue with it again??
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

Yes the Warrior's a Good Team without Curry but they wouldn't be a Great Team without Curry

^^ I really don't get why this is so hard to understand.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options

No one in the league right now gets more ? calls going their way than curry. Period. Players in the league don't respect curry because he's being touted as the best player in the league while simultaneously being protected by the refs. U breathe on this ? too hard and he's at the line. Again, once a player is able to be physical with him, his whole game folds. He's a great shooter, poor defender, that plays on a well constructed team. And, for the life of me, I can't understand what was wrong with the Decision. A man took his career in his own hands and made the best decision for him. All the proceeds for the decision went to charity. What was the issue with it again??

i never understood it either. he used his celebrity status to make money. i just didnt want him to go back to cleveland.
    as for lil yella,
    i think some people like to be entertained.
    and also maybe they feel sort of vindicated by watching him because they are living their underdog life thru him. i dunno.
    you have those that love the sport and those that love the team and those that love the player.

hes like that bad ass kid at the bbq that you cant spank and he knows it....an he runs around taunting you an smiling.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    All due respect tho, hating a professional athlete because they are arrogant and confident in their ability is kind of stupid.

just like liking an athlete for whatever reason is stupid.

but people do.

your statement is kinda crazy
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited June 2016
    Options
    people dont like tom bradys smug ass
    people dont like beastmode not answering questions
    people didnt like AI for missing practices but he was still ? on people

people have their reasons but its good for debating because well.....yea
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

its not....hes a piece of the puzzle....he is not the puzzle
    hes a gear in the system...hes not the system
  • Peace_79
    Options
    You'd be hard pressed to find a star, much less an MVP in any sport who isn't arrogant.

Especially somebody who's been laughed at and counted out since high school ... and now finds himself on top of the world.

Lol @ y'all wanting dude to be all meek and mild while he's breaking records and winning chips.

Cam Newton has a ? party on the football field and he hasn't even closed the deal yet. Hell, he is just starting to live up to his potential.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all stop entertaining that fool
  • Peace_79
    Options

Lmao. Of course he's not the system - It's a TEAM game.

What does that have to do with him elevating his team's success?

• 2stepz_ahead
    edited June 2016
    Options

his team will win regardless, as they have shown.

but you keep saying its a team game.....
    i say hes not bigger than the team basically.....

whats the problem
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited June 2016
    Options

i dont say this too much.....but uh

fukk you bruh.
    the name calling aint needed....be a grown about ya ?
    you hating on a dude thats hating on someone....yea your sooo much better.

you act like hes your cousin or something
  • Peace_79
    Options

his team will win regardless, as they have shown.

but you keep saying its a team game.....
    i say hes not bigger than the team basically.....

whats the problem

No one said he is bigger than the team. So I don't know why you keep arguing that point...

But what you are basically saying is that the guy sucks or he is just an average ? in the NBA...

Even if you think he isn't the top player in the league, the sentiment above is unequivocally false ... So much so, that your basketball opinion cannot be taken seriously after expressing it.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

fukk you bruh.

Calm down ? .
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

fukk you bruh.

You must be new around here, it's what these idiots do. Defend people no matter how wack like they're blood related
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Sit yo lame ass down, that man has shown more basketball knowledge than u ever have and he says nothing but dumb ?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    The hillbilly ? ? offended, ? ? and quit letting me get you in your feelings
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    I know, you can't help yourself being a ? ? always in some thread crying about other people's opinions