Options

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    ? really don't get it.

These ogs in and out the league don't like this ? because he hasn't been doing this his whole career in the league.

This ? been in the league 5-6 years. Out all those years he's had only 2 great seasons.

Off the strength of those two years you got pundits and stupid ass writers and fans saying he one of the greatest of all time.

Off two ? seasons? Really? Now imagine if you one of them ? that's been doing it since the day you got in the league and some ? that's been in the league just about or longer and never get those accolades?

? , I'm keeping it a buck I wouldn't acknowledge that ? stats either.

? two years. Do it for 10 straight

And this is why ? don't like him. It ain't the bravado, dancing or being light skinned.

Players that's been doing it consistently throughout their careers not gonna respect it.

That simple

LMAO So Emotional......Here's my rebuttal How Many Healthy Years Bill Walton played Healthy?, ? that How Many years did he even ? start because of his injuries, Yet He still Considered one of the Greatest Center Ever.....Out of 12 years he was only healthy for 3?, 2x All Star, but he got 2 chips and Considered one of the best Centers and also in the Hall of Fame.

Curry been in the League 5/6 years, 3x All Star, 2x MVP, 1 Chip, Greatest Team Season Win, shattered 3 point records and widely considered by pundits and players as the Greatest Shooter ever. Don't Hate, Curry put in the time with hard work overcame injuries to get what he deserve

C'mon fam. No emotions at all. Just an unbiased observation.

He do got great stats for two years. Okay. Individually wise he gotta do it for a lot longer. That team record is cool and he gets his props for being an integral part of that. But 3x all star and two mvps don't put you among the pantheons of the sport.

That simple. I give him his props but that is where it stops.

And for your Bill Walton comparison. Gtfoh. Who in they right mind consider him an all time great. Lol. Bill ? Walton.

I can name ten centers better than that unhealthy ? .

And please don't say Steph can't control injuries. That's a copout. Take better care of yourself. Workout, train hard, condition your body to go through the 82 regular game season.

Bill ? Walton. Lol

Yes Bill ? Walton, who in 1996 named to NBA Greatest 50 players ever for NBA 50th Anniversary, that Bill Walton.....Do you even follow the game.. When it's all said and done Curry got the hardware, accolades, records that's all what matters.

And why not Curry 3X All Star, 2x MVP and Chip don't put him among the Pantheons of the Sport but Bill Walton 2x All Star, 1x 6th Man, 2 Chips put him on the 50th Greatest ever in 96?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

These ogs in and out the league don't like this ? because he hasn't been doing this his whole career in the league.

This ? been in the league 5-6 years. Out all those years he's had only 2 great seasons.

Off the strength of those two years you got pundits and stupid ass writers and fans saying he one of the greatest of all time.

Off two ? seasons? Really? Now imagine if you one of them ? that's been doing it since the day you got in the league and some ? that's been in the league just about or longer and never get those accolades?

And this is why ? don't like him. It ain't the bravado, dancing or being light skinned.

Players that's been doing it consistently throughout their careers not gonna respect it.

That simple

LMAO So Emotional......Here's my rebuttal How Many Healthy Years Bill Walton played Healthy?, ? that How Many years did he even ? start because of his injuries, Yet He still Considered one of the Greatest Center Ever.....Out of 12 years he was only healthy for 3?, 2x All Star, but he got 2 chips and Considered one of the best Centers and also in the Hall of Fame.

Curry been in the League 5/6 years, 3x All Star, 2x MVP, 1 Chip, Greatest Team Season Win, shattered 3 point records and widely considered by pundits and players as the Greatest Shooter ever. Don't Hate, Curry put in the time with hard work overcame injuries to get what he deserve

He do got great stats for two years. Okay. Individually wise he gotta do it for a lot longer. That team record is cool and he gets his props for being an integral part of that. But 3x all star and two mvps don't put you among the pantheons of the sport.

And for your Bill Walton comparison. Gtfoh. Who in they right mind consider him an all time great. Lol. Bill ? Walton.

And please don't say Steph can't control injuries. That's a copout. Take better care of yourself. Workout, train hard, condition your body to go through the 82 regular game season.

Bill ? Walton. Lol

Yes Bill ? Walton, who in 1996 named to NBA Greatest 50 players ever for NBA 50th Anniversary, that Bill Walton.....Do you even follow the game.. When it's all said and done Curry got the hardware, accolades, records that's all what matters

so in theory... from whats being said in this thread...

you should be a hater and dont know nothing about basketball..lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

Bill ? Walton. Lol

• Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

Bill ? Walton. Lol

Yes Bill ? Walton, who in 1996 named to NBA Greatest 50 players ever for NBA 50th Anniversary, that Bill Walton.....Do you even follow the game.. When it's all said and done Curry got the hardware, accolades, records that's all what matters

Idgaf about Bill ? Walton. He wasn't that ? great. Again pundits and ? writers who never played the game hail him as being great.

? what he could have did. He didn't do it.

Steph still got time. And if he stay healthy for the next 5 years I'll change my argument. But until that time, that ? gotta show and prove.

? Bill Walton. Lol
  • waterproof
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

Bill ? Walton. Lol

Hey it's the Cheap Seats where it's a fraternity of haters and dickriders and a members only club, but hey what do I know
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

Bill ? Walton. Lol

Hey it's the Cheap Seats where it's a fraternity of haters and dickriders and a members only club, but hey what do I know

Apparently you don't know ?

Bill ? Walton. Lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

Bill ? Walton. Lol

Idgaf about Bill ? Walton. He wasn't that ? great. Again pundits and ? writers who never played the game hail him as being great.

Steph still got time. And if he stay healthy for the next 5 years I'll change my argument. But until that time, that ? gotta show and prove.

? Bill Walton. Lol

i agree... i see alot of changes coming in that time and i guarantee all those crazy shots and look away threes will stop
  • waterproof
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

Bill ? Walton. Lol

Apparently you don't know ?

Bill ? Walton. Lol

You still don't get it, according to your theory Bill Walton don't deserve his accolades but the NBA, players, writers and Hall of Famers who voted for that 50 greatest team says ? your Theory, and NFL with Gayle Sayers says ? your Theory.
  • waterproof
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

Bill ? Walton. Lol

? Bill Walton. Lol

You do know that all 50th Greatest Team was voted by Hall of Famers who played the game, former players and coaches, The General Managers at that time and media pundits, just give it up man, NBA says ? your theory
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

Bill ? Walton. Lol

nah, he actually makes a great point about steph that i mostly agree with, u are talkin out of ur ass.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    dame lillard is not>>steph, they do basically the same things and u can argue dame is a worse defender
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shrug.

He's beaten everybody and every team who "hates" him 2 years straight...
  • Trillfate
    Options
    Riley says ? y'all complaining ? , So Curry lightning y'all ? up from Half Court, hitting 3's walking away talking ? before it hits, and y'all don't like that ? .......But when Shawn Kemp was gorilla slamming on dudes with his nuts on ? head and throat y'all was gigglin and loving it.....

Y'all ? , Man the ? up

Lmao!
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see any current players saying anything about Curry.
  • Trillfate
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    i still find it weird that even with people saying GSW bench was on fire when klay and steph wasnt and they still blew out the cavs.
    then people talk about klay an green when stephs not on the floor and they still win.

i dont know,.... maybe its only me. but it seems like the team is good without him...so put him in an they are better.
    i dont think hes the determining factor on how good the team is.

so maybe ...just maybe some people see , like i said before his cocki-ness and arrogance is unwarranted because the system around him is great and hes just one train car on a steaming locomotive.

Yes the Warrior's a Good Team without Curry but they wouldn't be a Great Team without Curry

^^ I really don't get why this is so hard to understand.

its not....hes a piece of the puzzle....he is not the puzzle
    hes a gear in the system...hes not the system

Lmao. Of course he's not the system - It's a TEAM game.

What does that have to do with him elevating his team's success?

his team will win regardless, as they have shown.

but you keep saying its a team game.....
    i say hes not bigger than the team basically.....

whats the problem

No one said he is bigger than the team. So I don't know why you keep arguing that point...

But what you are basically saying is that the guy sucks or he is just an average ? in the NBA...

Even if you think he isn't the top player in the league, the sentiment above is unequivocally false ... So much so, that your basketball opinion cannot be taken seriously after expressing it.

i wont call him a ? but lets see what he can do without the current team around him....i will bring this post up in two years when others start leaving GS

U put Bron on the sixers. Theyre fighting for a playoff spot. U put Curry on the Sixers, theyre fighting for lottery ? .
    Wtf? Why yall keep saying this??

THE WARRIORS WERE SIXERS BEFORE THE SIXERS WERE THE SIXERS!

A perpetual lottery team!

? in here reaching like a muhfucka, pathetic.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

Bill ? Walton. Lol

nah, he actually makes a great point about steph that i mostly agree with, u are talkin out of ur ass.

why are you even saying anything at this point...if i dont know what im talking about or talking out my ass.....why address it.

so you agree with him doesnt make you both right....i actually have people that agree with me as well.

you are becoming worst than a pacquiao fan
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

So you don't hear the back handed comments from lebron, lillard, and Westbrook and Durant.

? don't respect his 2 year accolades.

That's not hate
  • Trillfate
    Options

So you don't hear the back handed comments from lebron, lillard, and Westbrook and Durant.

That's not hate

How can they not respect the accolades he got from beating them? His team beat their teams for 2 years straight leading to championships, MVPs and records
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

That's not hate

How can they not respect the accolades he got from beating them? His team beat their teams for 2 years straight leading to championships, MVPs and records

? really don't get it.

That simple
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    ? really don't get it.

That simple

Bill ? Walton. Lol

why are you even saying anything at this point...if i dont know what im talking about or talking out my ass.....why address it.

so you agree with him doesnt make you both right....i actually have people that agree with me as well.

you are becoming worst than a pacquiao fan

no u dont.
  • Trillfate
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I get it... Curry/Warriors disrupted the hierarchy that the NBA and its fans have been used to Forever. Youve been conditioned by the way things were and cant accept the way things will be...

The Warriors came out of nowhere in the eyes of most.. that's cool for NFL teams but it's never been like that for the NBA. An established hierarchy/dynasty has always been the norm, there's really hasnt been many overnight champions in NBA history

Magic got 5 rings, Bird 3, Isiah 2, Jordan 6, Hakeem stole 2 cuz jordan retired... then Duncan got 5, Kobe 5, Wade 3, Garnet/Pierce/Allen snuck in 1 as did Dirk but all of them had 10+ years in

^^^thats a 30+ year span

The closest parallel to the Warriors "out of nowhere" chip last year was the 04 Pistons (yet they continued to be contenders for years)

I get it, ? just don't respect the Ascension of a Home Grown, perennial garbage team.. Hoop fans are in a collective state of denial.. sad but true
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    I get it... Curry/Warriors disrupted the hierarchy that the NBA and its fans have been used to Forever. Youve been conditioned by the way things were and cant accept the way things will be...

The Warriors came out of nowhere in the eyes of most.. that's cool for NFL teams but it's never been like that for the NBA. An established hierarchy/dynasty has always been the norm, there's really hasnt been many overnight champions in NBA history

Magic got 5 rings, Bird 3, Isiah 2, Jordan 6, Hakeem stole 2 cuz jordan retired... then Duncan got 5, Kobe 5, Wade 3, Garnet/Pierce/Allen snuck in 1 as did Dirk but all of them had 10+ years in

^^^thats a 30+ year span

The closest parallel to the Warriors "out of nowhere" chip last year was the 04 Pistons (yet they continued to be contenders for years)

I get it, ? just don't respect the Ascension of a Home Grown, perennial garbage team.. Hoop fans are in a collective state of denial.. sad but true

Wtf are you talking about?

This was a diatribe based on not one point I made.

The ? is nice. I'm not disputing that. But he has only done it for 2 years. All the ? you named have been great straight out the gate for ten consecutive years or more.

Steph been in the league 5-6 years and only been great for two.

If I was or you was a vet or ex great in the league that put in that much work from day 1. Would you be so quick to appoint a ? that didn't do it as consistent as you?

Again Steph been in the league 5-6 years and only been great for two.

If I'm one of those vets I'm not respecting his two years. I'll give him his props but one of the greatest of all time?

? no. He gotta earn that.

2 great years don't get you that
  • waterproof
    Options
    These same dudes have revisionist love affairs about the early mid 90's team of the Orlando Magic (Shaq, Penny, Nick Anderson, 3D Scott) young team built through the Draft, Homegrown similar to The Warrior's, the only difference the Warrior's got that Chip, you think they would give props to the The Warrior's like they beloved Magic Team.

And the Funny ? , these chumps ? about Steph Curry getting accolades so early but Shaq was named to the 50th Greatest player team in 96 with 5 years total in the NBA with no Chips 5x All Star at that point Not a word said, yeah y'all some damn haters.

Out of 13 years played, Penny Hardaway had 5 total healthy seasons these ? love him and ? on Curry.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These same dudes have revisionist love affairs about the early mid 90's team of the Orlando Magic (Shaq, Penny, Nick Anderson, 3D Scott) young team built through the Draft, Homegrown similar to The Warrior's, the only difference the Warrior's got that Chip, you think they would give props to the The Warrior's like they beloved Magic Team.

And the Funny ? , these chumps ? about Steph Curry getting accolades so early but Shaq was named to the 50th Greatest player team in 96 with 5 years total in the NBA with no Chips 5x All Star at that point Not a word said, yeah y'all some damn haters.

Out of 13 years played, Penny Hardaway had 5 total healthy seasons these ? love him and ? on Curry.

I'm not even a Shaq fan but his first 5 seasons in the NBA were crazy. LMAO. His numbers and accolades backed up why he was on that 50 greatest list so fast. As a rookie the guy averaged 23 points, 3 blocks and almost 14 rebounds per game!! Penny Hardaway isn't even and will not be a Hall of Fame player and the only people who overrate him are fans.

Steph Curry is a bad dude and should be getting the love he is now but I have to agree with @Louis Devinear with the fact that Curry is having a phenomenal 2 maybe 3 year run and deserves to be lauded for that but shouldn't already be put in the same sentence as all time greats. To do so would be jumping the shark considerably and he has to keep balling out to

Bill Walton got so much love because he was so dominate in the NCAA's. The guy won 2 championships, 3 time player of the year and 3 time All NCAA 1st team member. The players and media seen and knew how good he was when he was healthy and he proved it by helping Portland win their only championship. Now I agree he shouldn't have been on that 50 greatest NBA player list because his NBA numbers were destroyed due to injuries but it's obvious when he was healthy he was a bad man
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

I'm not even a Shaq fan but his first 5 seasons in the NBA were crazy. LMAO. His numbers and accolades backed up why he was on that 50 greatest list so fast. As a rookie the guy averaged 23 points, 3 blocks and almost 14 rebounds per game!! Penny Hardaway isn't even and will not be a Hall of Fame player and the only people who overrate him are fans.

Steph Curry is a bad dude and should be getting the love he is now but I have to agree with @Louis Devinear with the fact that Curry is having a phenomenal 2 maybe 3 year run and deserves to be lauded for that but shouldn't already be put in the same sentence as all time greats. To do so would be jumping the shark considerably and he has to keep balling out to

Bill Walton got so much love because he was so dominate in the NCAA's. The guy won 2 championships, 3 time player of the year and 3 time All NCAA 1st team member. The players and media seen and knew how good he was when he was healthy and he proved it by helping Portland win their only championship. Now I agree he shouldn't have been on that 50 greatest NBA player list because his NBA numbers were destroyed due to injuries but it's obvious when he was healthy he was a bad man

Idk why these ? mad at the point I made.

Never called the man a ? nor did I say he wasn't having a helluva run.

But all time great after 2 years?

One more thing not one of these ? is disputing what I'm saying.

They bringing up other ? that has nothing to do with Steph Curry

The 94-95 magic and Bill ? Walton.