IT (2017) : Jaeden Lieberher and Bill Skarsgård

Options

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man I thought that was fake....? is creepy
    Pennywise was one of the goat villains though ? dressed as a clown luring lil kids to the sewer lol yikes
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    i read up on king a couple years back and i was surprised to find out that the movie shawshank redemption came from one of his books -- i was like WHAT because thats one of my favorite movies ever and i thought i knew everything about it -- that ? was directed, acted and scripted to perfection -- easily one of the most rewatchable movies ever

the movie had a few minor alterations from the book
    1. the warden was 3 characters combined into 1 and he was given an important villain role
    2. brooks dies in an old folks home
    3. tommy doesnt try to clear andy name instead he trades his silence for a transfer to a minimum security prison

the guy who flipped the book into a script did a good job by adding to brooks story because thats some real ?

it added so much to the movie

you can change your life all you want in prison but you are in a controlled environment -- your changed life on the outside is still in your imagination -- so many folks make positive plans for their future when theyre released to only discover life on the outside doesnt unfold the way they imagined it would -- they walk out those gates and face some of the most difficult life decisions

where to live
    how to repair family/friends relationships
    how to earn a living with a criminal record

and some ALL AT ONCE

nevermind the effects of being locked up for so long

my dog came home from a 10 year bid last year and made some prison made tamales from out his commissary bag at my crib like i aint have the fridge full of food

easy to see why brook hung himself at that age i probably would too

but yeah king stayed giving unknown directors work he would only charge them a dollar for his short stories so they could have something to their credit -- supposedly tom cruise was almost set to play andy but he didnt want to take direction from a director that was new to the scene -- king never cashed the check he received for shawshanks movie rights instead he had it framed and sent it back to the director with a note telling him to keep it in case you ever need bail money

stephen king a real one

man Shawshank is in my top 3..
    along wit Godfather and Harlem Nights..

i dont run across too many that got it up that high...
    so props..

and damn..
    i guess iv been sleepin on Stephen's trill huh!!?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ Stephen King's the GOAT.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

I dont know how i feel about this pic.

Hes creepy i guess.. but so far Curry's pennywise >>>>>

Havent seen anything but pics for this new one though, hopefully when some footage comes out he will be a lot creepier.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Alexa - who does Pennywise hairline?..
  • Broddie
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I honestly don't see what the problem with the pic is. People were panning it all over twitter but it's more reflective of the tone of the novel than the mini-series.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A bill a bill a billy boy
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephan King is overrated
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    ^ Stephen King's the GOAT.

I didn't know he made a lot of the stories that birthed many of the movies I really like. I would have to agree.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I could be mistaken, but i believe hes the author with the most screen adaptions of his work.

In the fact thread i just posted this:

tumblr_oiwzkgPW6a1roqv59o1_500.png
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    i read up on king a couple years back and i was surprised to find out that the movie shawshank redemption came from one of his books -- i was like WHAT because thats one of my favorite movies ever and i thought i knew everything about it -- that ? was directed, acted and scripted to perfection -- easily one of the most rewatchable movies ever

the movie had a few minor alterations from the book
    1. the warden was 3 characters combined into 1 and he was given an important villain role
    2. brooks dies in an old folks home
    3. tommy doesnt try to clear andy name instead he trades his silence for a transfer to a minimum security prison

the guy who flipped the book into a script did a good job by adding to brooks story because thats some real ?

it added so much to the movie

you can change your life all you want in prison but you are in a controlled environment -- your changed life on the outside is still in your imagination -- so many folks make positive plans for their future when theyre released to only discover life on the outside doesnt unfold the way they imagined it would -- they walk out those gates and face some of the most difficult life decisions

where to live
    how to repair family/friends relationships
    how to earn a living with a criminal record

and some ALL AT ONCE

nevermind the effects of being locked up for so long

my dog came home from a 10 year bid last year and made some prison made tamales from out his commissary bag at my crib like i aint have the fridge full of food

easy to see why brook hung himself at that age i probably would too

but yeah king stayed giving unknown directors work he would only charge them a dollar for his short stories so they could have something to their credit -- supposedly tom cruise was almost set to play andy but he didnt want to take direction from a director that was new to the scene -- king never cashed the check he received for shawshanks movie rights instead he had it framed and sent it back to the director with a note telling him to keep it in case you ever need bail money

stephen king a real one

man Shawshank is in my top 3..
    along wit Godfather and Harlem Nights..

i dont run across too many that got it up that high...
    so props..

and damn..
    i guess iv been sleepin on Stephen's trill huh!!?

'the only way you leaving this mfer is SHOT!'

'what the hell you think you doing with that little ? '

'stop it! stop it! dont shoot that little mfer no more'

lmao

every time i see arsenio hall i think about his ass doing all that crying in harlem nights

there are few movies that i can watch repeatedly and laugh at the same jokes each time and harlem nights is one of them

its in my top 5

but yeah shawshank is one of those rare occasions where the movie actually surpasses the book

morgan freeman narration all through is pure art

and stephen king got rejected a whole lot before his first publication -- he literally threw his best selling novel carrie in the trash after becoming discouraged -- his wife took it out of the trash and made him finish the book so i think he does this baby dollar ? to encourage/inspire young screenwriters and directors to not quit
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw as a kid I was scarred of penny wise coming up out my sink and tub drains
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when does the teaser drop?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Hasnt been announced yet. If its showing up at SXSW then hopefully we will get to see something within the next few weeks. Maybe they are holding off for comicon though or some sort of con.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Whatever next big WB movie hits the teaser should be there. What's next? Wonder Woman?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Trailer Drops tomorrow
  • Broddie
    Options
    If you couldn't see Pennywise's face through the balloon that poster would really be a classic.