IT (2017) : Jaeden Lieberher and Bill Skarsgård

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    The TV movie was ? terrible in comparison. Im just as nostalgic about it as anyone else but lets keep it real here......

"New car is better" ass ? .

Preferences are preferences but I don't see how any self proclaimed fan of the novel could say it's terrible. Especially when it did a better job at following the structure of the book than this movie did and included a lot more elements from it too.

It's first half also doesn't have anything as cringy as the whole "Beverly gets kidnapped go rescue her" ? from the movie's 3rd act.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    The TV movie was ? terrible in comparison. Im just as nostalgic about it as anyone else but lets keep it real here......

"New car is better" ass ? .

Preferences are preferences but I don't see how any self proclaimed fan of the novel could say it's terrible. Especially when it did a better job at following the structure of the book than this movie did and included a lot more elements from it too.

It's first half also doesn't have anything as cringy as the whole "Beverly gets kidnapped go rescue her" ? from the movie's 3rd act.

Yeah but you complain about EVERY movie on here ole contrarian ass ? LOLOLOL. Fam the original wasn't very good and was a joke compared to the book. You cant possibly tell me OBJECTIVELY that the TV movie was better than this or that the TV movie was more truer to the books than the remake.

It was scary from the context that Tim Curry BODIED the role, I liked the original because of nostalgia but watching it as an adult - the pacing and the acting was panned man. Just keeping em honest. Didnt you say once that Mad Max with Tom Hardy was one of the worst movies of that year ? LOOLLOLOL yeah right ? shut up !!!

I didn't say it was better than this but I'm also not gonna act like it's significantly worse either.

To say it's terrible is hyperbolic as ? . Especially when the TV movie had things that it did better than the theatrical feature and had more fidelity to the novel's narrative and structure.

What's really contrarian is this "the new model is new so it must be better" mentality as if the old one no longer has any merit or something. It's ok to enjoy both and it's just as important to recognize that both had strengths and weaknesses. THAT'S objectivity.

Oh and you're thinking of the wrong person cause Fury Road was my favorite movie that year and I praised it's brilliance everywhere I went.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I get it bro but the numbers and opinions don't lie, this is the better movie than the original TV movie as a whole. The only thing ? should rightfully argue is who had the better Pennywise ? Skarsgard or Curry ?

Curry's voice was ? terrifying but Skarsgard was a ? and creep. This ? was drooling when Georgie came to the sewer.

Numbers and opinions?

A movie's gross matters now when discussing quality? Furthermore how can you even compare by that variable when 1) You can't measure box office gross for a TV movie and 2) A TV movie will naturally end up having more viewers because it's more easily accessible? Especially when it's over 2 decades old.

So by that logic the TV mini series is actually better cause it had more viewers? C'mon son.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hdrip leaked a couple days ago, watching now
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was just aight to me