IT (2017) : Jaeden Lieberher and Bill Skarsgård

Options

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp still can't ? sleep my mind is going through every detail if this movie instead of shutting the ? off

...turn your night light on bruh. Lol
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MANNN I PROMISE,

WHEN WHITE PEOPLE CUSS, THAT BE THE FUNNIEST ? !..

THOSE KIDS WERE HILARIOUS
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoyed it even more after the second watch. Best big horror movie to come out in a long long time
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i saw this saturday and ? love it
    having read the book and seeing tv miniseries they did a great job adapting/updating it.

arguably the best part of the movie was the way the young actors captured the vibe of having a group of ride or die friends & the humor shared between them. There were quite a few laugh out loud moments in me theater and cheers

cant wait til 2019 & chapter II
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I enjoyed it even more after the second watch. Best big horror movie to come out in a long long time

Cant wait for it to drop on dvd
  • gdatruth2.0
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    The only thing was it never really went after Ritchie on a personal level.

Was coming in here to say that ? seemed weird they would do that

He himself said he never had a vision and it never came to see him but he said he was already afraid of clowns to begin with

i think it was just the movie cutting corners and not being able to show each child's fear
    Ben was scared of Mummy and we got the shot at the end with mommy but it was never referenced in the film before that.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    and to me Stan was a ? ? only worried about himself and how he kept trying to remind folks he was Jewish. I thought he was a goner in that sewer scene but he got up like nothing happened lol. We all know his fate anyway so I guess I should be happy about that cause dude just seemed like such a ?
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and to me Stan was a ? ? only worried about himself and how he kept trying to remind folks he was Jewish. I thought he was a goner in that sewer scene but he got up like nothing happened lol. We all know his fate anyway so I guess I should be happy about that cause dude just seemed like such a ?

after watching this again dont remember it being that cheesy. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdAYG8xCLIc
  • gdatruth2.0
    Options

yeah i really enjoyed how they forshadowed his future
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Seen it yesterday, I enjoyed it. Still prefer Curry's voice and antics, but overall I had fun watching and the scares and attempts at getting closer to the book were great.

You're tripping fam but what I can say about Curry's is that he was more "personable". The new guy bodied the role tho. The drule was ? amazing NH, he did a phenomenal job making him creepy.

Anyone notice Stephen King as the pharmacist :joy: LOOOLOLOLOL

He was definitely creepy and really dove into the role. I agree about how you view Curry too.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    it was better than i expected

the acting was great and it had it's funny, creepy moments

wasn't scary but then again neither was the novel

imho it is essentially suppose to be a story about being frightening and the discovery of evil opposed opposed to being a story that it suppose to frighten you...think that gets lost on ppl, especially non book readers, at times

cons...

the lack of the spiritual elements from the novel

didn't feel as though the main characters were in any real danger

mike was reduced to being a throwaway character

didn't like how IT kidnapped bev

wish they did a better job of incorporating derry's history and illustrating how the adults of the town were under its spell

also wished they did a better job of showing how It, in addition to eating children, feeds on violence, racism, sexual predation, etc

and with the bathroom cleanup scene they could have shown or hinted that bev was unable to clean up the blood by herself and that it took the group working together to further emphasis the importance and strengthen of their bond moving forward

give it a B-

chapter 2 got a lot of ground to cover if they want to do the story justice
  • gdatruth2.0
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Cast the kids as adults for the sequel:

Bill - Michael Pitt (Couldnt really come up with anyone)
    Ben - Chris Pratt
    Bev - Jessica Chastain
    Edddie - Rami Malek
    Mike - André Holland
    Stan - Zach Woods
    Richie - Bill Hader
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

That muthafucca should be the most traumatized.

This fool's FACE was in the mouth of IT!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Richie can be Seth green lol
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

imho it is essentially suppose to be a story about being frightening and the discovery of evil opposed opposed to being a story that it suppose to frighten you...think that gets lost on ppl, especially non book readers, at times

cons...

wish they did a better job of incorporating derry's history and illustrating how the adults of the town were under its spell

also wished they did a better job of showing how It, in addition to eating children, feeds on violence, racism, sexual predation, etc

and with the bathroom cleanup scene they could have shown or hinted that bev was unable to clean up the blood by herself and that it took the group working together to further emphasis the importance and strengthen of their bond moving forward

give it a B-

*scratches head*

Uhhh...correct me if I'm wrong...but I thought that scene kinda captured that? Not sure how much more you could get outta that scene. Kinda self explanatory that the group had her back and that they all had a strong bond.

Lol @ Bev quietly exposing Ben's NKOTB poster. Hilarious.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited September 2017
    Options

cons...

give it a B-

*scratches head*

Uhhh...correct me if I'm wrong...but I thought that scene kinda captured that? Not sure how much more you could get outta that scene. Kinda self explanatory that the group had her back and that they all had a strong bond.

in the novel it's like their bond has magical, super natural properties...

and it was more about them overcoming their fears as a group

so again they could have better hinted that she alone could not wash away the blood ....it was them working as a unit

maybe via a convo or passing remark

they did an ok job of showing how their bond is what ultimately crippled IT, but they could have did more

its not really a flaw just would've like to seen it, could have added to movie's lore

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Richie can be Seth green lol

You want this kid

bkz9fqdfcyn6.jpg

To grow up into this

9szmf01rdfg9.jpg

What you smoking there mate, pass me some.

It's an ode for playing Ritchie in the original... since he's probably the only one that still doing ? maybe
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

cons...

give it a B-

*scratches head*

so again they could have better hinted that she alone could not wash away the blood ....it was them working as a unit

they did an ok job of showing how their bond is what ultimately crippled IT, but they could have did more

its not really a flaw just would've like to seen it, could have added to movie's lore

Seems to me they kinda took that scene from tv movie. Nothin really needed to be said. I never read the novel...but I can tell certain parts were inspired by the tv. Them not saying it or hinting about their bond wasn't needed, b/c their actions established it.

I think adding some kinda super natural properties...like some kinda magical glow wheneva they got together...that would've came off kinda cheesy and awkward. Lol.

Now I ain't cuttin my damn hand to form that bond tho. Fucc that. Just gimme dap. I don't need a staph infection to promise I'll come back. Lol

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That girl who played Bev looks exactly like Amy Adams. When dude was like "you look like Lois Lane" I cracked up.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited September 2017
    Options

cons...

give it a B-

*scratches head*

Seems to me they kinda took that scene from tv movie. Nothin really needed to be said. I never read the novel...but I can tell certain parts were inspired by the tv. Them not saying it or hinting about their bond wasn't needed, b/c their actions established it.

I think adding some kinda super natural properties...like some kinda magical glow wheneva they got together...that would've came off kinda cheesy and awkward. Lol.

Now I ain't cuttin my damn hand to form that bond tho. Fucc that. Just gimme dap. I don't need a staph infection to promise I'll come back. Lol

the movie same as the tv series adapted the scene from the book

from what i remember they discussed bev not being to clean up the mess on her own and her parents not being to see the blood in detail

I guess I just wanted more world building

not necessarily a glow or anything

just a convo, remark, etc to establish something more was going on...they were brought together for a reason ....maybe by a higher force

but I dunno...the book is a lil cheesy, weird, etc.... there are talking turtles and space spiders and such, the gang tried to replicate a native american ritual....

seeming like they will prob leave most of that out the second chapter as well to make it a conventional, safe "horror" movie
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    in terms of unsettling moments

one of the ones i really enjoyed was when
    ben was in the library looking through photos from derrys history and every time it cut back to a wider shot of him at the desk you can see this one lady out of focus in the background just standing there watching him (at least thats how it read to me) in a slightly unnatural position

shes just there like that

until he gets up and then it seems like she went back to whatever she was doing before

nothing comes of it but its a nice touch that i wish the movie had more of in terms of portraying the town

similar to how the original nightmare on elm street has this whole second story about freddy being the consequence of the towns ? little secret of the kids being endangered by the parents lies -- hopefully chapter two spends a fair amount of time with the losers club confronting their childhoods as IT tries to psyche them out as they look at the town through the eyes of adults who have by now lived in other communities
    MAAAAANNN that ? me up. I was like hold up why is the librarian standing EXTRA creepy in the back all hunched over and ? . Ohhh and when pennywise grabbed the chick in the bathroom some dude next me almost had a heart attack I was dying
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I noticed that too about the librarian...thought it was a nice touch...all in all I thought it was a good movie as a whole it wasn't scary but it was cool...the little kid with the glasses had me laughing