IT (2017) : Jaeden Lieberher and Bill Skarsgård

Options

Comments

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Damn good film...

wasnt scary but had some good suspense and surprise moments..., get 70s coming of age storytelling that would make Steven Speilberg proud.

lil kid from Stranger Things was hilarious.

Pennywise was a muthafucka mayne , when he was the painting trynna eat that kid's faces , whoa ? was wild...

the part where pennywise came outta the projecta i was ready B!!!

tenor.gif

Shoutout to Muhammad Ali lookalike lil Mike.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theater I went to actually had a no clown costume policy. It was posted all over the entrance and at the box office lol. This about to be the Halloween look of 2017.
  • fortyacres
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Theater I went to actually had a no clown costume policy. It was posted all over the entrance and at the box office lol. This about to be the Halloween look of 2017.

toss up threeway tie The Night King, Pennywise and Wonder Woman.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Wonder Woman gonna be a major costume this year too. Can you believe they were still showing it at the theater I watched IT at?
    despite it's home video release being like a week away. That muthafucka had legs.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Stephen king was in it? I gotta watch again
  • fortyacres
    Options
    Yeah Wonder Woman gonna be a major costume this year too. Can you believe they were still showing it at the theater I watched IT at?
    despite it's home video release being like a week away. That muthafucka had legs.

i thought it was gonna be successful but that $410 mill is something else..

also stranger things season 2 drops on halloween so i wont be surprised if its the demagorgon and them kids...
  • fortyacres
    Options
    i know it might be distracting but if they are adults in chapter two i hope they cast one of the winchester brothers lol

i was waiting for them two ? to show up and save them kids

3f43bf15-4950-43a4-87d9-d938e4e21273.gif
  • fortyacres
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »

i thought it was gonna be successful but that $410 mill is something else..

also stranger things season 2 drops on halloween so i wont be surprised if its the demagorgon and them kids...

It's not going up against any good movies that are out. The Hitmans Bodyguard was number one before this was

lol sorry when i said it i meant as in wonder woman , i know how it sounds...
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just came back from seeing it, dope movie, intense. This Pennywise on another level, finally a re-make done right
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't really scary but a great movie. The acting (especially the kids) was great in this
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in terms of unsettling moments

one of the ones i really enjoyed was when
    ben was in the library looking through photos from derrys history and every time it cut back to a wider shot of him at the desk you can see this one lady out of focus in the background just standing there watching him (at least thats how it read to me) in a slightly unnatural position

shes just there like that

until he gets up and then it seems like she went back to whatever she was doing before

nothing comes of it but its a nice touch that i wish the movie had more of in terms of portraying the town

similar to how the original nightmare on elm street has this whole second story about freddy being the consequence of the towns ? little secret of the kids being endangered by the parents lies -- hopefully chapter two spends a fair amount of time with the losers club confronting their childhoods as IT tries to psyche them out as they look at the town through the eyes of adults who have by now lived in other communities
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the movie worked completely with my packed audience

big laughs
    lots of gasps
    audible declarations of surprise

its probably the most fun audience reaction ive experienced
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Movie made $117 mill this weekend, figured it do well but damn, didnt think itd make that much
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mom taking the family out to see it, about to watch a second time haha.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options
    Im gonna see it again tonight
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was hoping we would have gotten a Vic and Belch death. Also I couldn't really understand Mike's fear portrayed in the movie. Was he afraid of people being burned and escaping?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options
    GTariq wrote: »
    I was hoping we would have gotten a Vic and Belch death. Also I couldn't really understand Mike's fear portrayed in the movie. Was he afraid of people being burned and escaping?

He lost his parents like that.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy movie man a true horror classic. Wild imagadry
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing was it never really went after Ritchie on a personal level.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    The only thing was it never really went after Ritchie on a personal level.

Was coming in here to say that ? seemed weird they would do that

He himself said he never had a vision and it never came to see him but he said he was already afraid of clowns to begin with

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw it tonite. Good movie man.

Finally a movie I can truly say it was a HORROR movie.