IT (2017) : Jaeden Lieberher and Bill Skarsgård

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was shaking my head at how unimaginative it all was. The deadlights are the creature's true form. You expect them to be a form of devastatingly chaotic light the way the book describes em. Unlike anything ever seen before.

In the movie it's just 3 nightlights lol smh no imagination whatsoever. Even the mini series wisely avoided explicitly showing them since they didn't have an otherwordly way to execute. I'm guessing the second movie will embrace all the cosmic madness so we'll see what they do therem
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Modred vs Pennywise? Who will win?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I was shaking my head at how unimaginative it all was. The deadlights are the creature's true form. You expect them to be a form of devastatingly chaotic light the way the book describes em. Unlike anything ever seen before.

In the movie it's just 3 nightlights lol smh no imagination whatsoever. Even the mini series wisely avoided explicitly showing them since they didn't have an otherwordly way to execute. I'm guessing the second movie will embrace all the cosmic madness so we'll see what they do therem

Budget and yes the second one they said is what will get into more about Pennywise.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

wtf is a modred?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

May have to lean toward Mordred, seems like he's suppose to way better then Penny and the 2.0 version the Crimson King or at least his equal
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Hail Georgies ? arm
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    took off work yesterday to see this

dope

how long we gotta wait until we can post spoiler free?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    took off work yesterday to see this

dope

how long we gotta wait until we can post spoiler free?

27 years.

haha...nice
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gonna see it again this wknd, thinking about taking my kids..

they already watch classic horror movies, so ? it.. they'll remember it when they're older..
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

they already watch classic horror movies, so ? it.. they'll remember it when they're older..

I'll take my son. Little ? 13 but reading the book now so ? it. Debating on taking my 9 year old daughter. She a G when it comes to horror movies though so she'll probably be alright.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

wtf is a modred?

Character from The Dark Tower. Roland the character played by Idris Elba in that wack ass adaptation is one of it's many parents. Yes you read that correctly.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

I'll take my son. Little ? 13 but reading the book now so ? it. Debating on taking my 9 year old daughter. She a G when it comes to horror movies though so she'll probably be alright.

my oldest 13 and 11 will go w us. The younger ones, 7 and younger nah. My 7 yr old can't even handle hearing Freddy Krugers name lol
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Ayo

This was one ? up movie
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall may have already discussed this but did anyone peeped the first encounter with Bev and her dad that tv show Henry later encountered in the movie? Did yall peep the words in the beginning? That was crazy.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTariq wrote: »
    Yall may have already discussed this but did anyone peeped the first encounter with Bev and her dad that tv show Henry later encountered in the movie? Did yall peep the words in the beginning? That was crazy.

Yea the TV was dropping subliminal messages to the people of the town encouraging them to ? one another. That's what makes this movie good cause it was on some Fred Krueger 80s type craziness
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My wife took her mom to see this cuz I wasn't all that interested in it at first. 1. It's a horror movie and 2. It's a reboot. 3. The ending of the OG one still has me ? off to this day. The ? literally just cuts off.

With all that being said, now I'm salty as hell cuz everyone is talking about how good it is. The wife wants me to see it, but our free time is limited, and she really wants to see mother.

Smh. I may hafta catch this one solo dolo.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    My wife took her mom to see this cuz I wasn't all that interested in it at first. 1. It's a horror movie and 2. It's a reboot. 3. The ending of the OG one still has me ? off to this day. The ? literally just cuts off.

With all that being said, now I'm salty as hell cuz everyone is talking about how good it is. The wife wants me to see it, but our free time is limited, and she really wants to see mother.

Smh. I may hafta catch this one solo dolo.

You won't be disappointed mayne.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched "it" again because my nephew wanted to see it so I took him..."it" was better the 1st time around, not that it's a bad movie but 1 time at the theaters was enough
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watches it last night. Kid with the glasses had me rolling lol. Pennywise has no chill b
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, it was cool I guess.

I grew up on the original so I'm a little biased.

The clown made me jump a couple times.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

I grew up on the original so I'm a little biase
    d.

We all did but this movie became the name brand while the 90s is officially Great Value brand status.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »

d.

We all did but this movie became the name brand while the 90s is officially Great Value brand status.

You have to keep in mind the original was made for early 90s primetime television. The fact that it was remade into a box office feature in 2017 allowed more liberties to the script and special effects.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »

d.

You have to keep in mind the original was made for early 90s primetime television. The fact that it was remade into a box office feature in 2017 allowed more liberties to the script and special effects.

I know just saying this is by far the better product. Second half of the original is trash in every aspect but it's nostalgic as ? .