You ever have an interview and not get the job?

Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
I have interview tommorow...vibe i got was real full?d=1458881706 at the end

Reminds me of time i had a interview at target when i was 19...n some fat cac ? had a huge grease stain on her shirt i kept lookn at it and didnt get the job

Comments

• Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interview is the first step. doesn't mean you got the job.

often times they're interviewing a number of ppl even after they already decided who got the job.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undefeated so far, here's to hoping I can keep the streak alive :)
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I interviewed 10 people this week with the intention of only hiring 3 of them.

It's a part of the employment process.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, usually I get an interview and I end up getting the job. This last time recently I got an interview with Sony Pictures (Asia Division) for a sound engineer position, but before they had called I lit up a huge bleeeezy. Let's just say I wasn't on my A game and I ? it up for myself.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've had lots of interviews and not getting it. Mainly trying to get my first job. But there were others. Kind of wish I didn't stick with this company for so long and did more stuff to add to the resume but the benefits kick ass here.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Had a company hit me up for a contract gig; $65/hr for 6 months with extensions possible. They hit me 'cause the only certification I possess is also extremely difficult to come across AND I had the exact skill set they were looking for. Phone interview went well, to the point where they told me point blank they wanted to hire me. Second phone interview with the director and VP of engineering went better than the first; I was the only candidate that was fully qualified for the position, I was the only candidate that had actually done the exact type of work they were hiring for, and I was the only person that was flexible enough to move into other roles when this gig was over, making me a long term prospect. They wanted to do a face-to-face interview just as a formality and sent over the paperwork to the contract company to get the ball rolling on my hire.

Day comes for the face-to-face. They sent the manager down to the lobby to get me. White boy's whole demeanor changed when the receptionist pointed my way as the person he was looking for. For the rest of the wal to the conference room dude was uptight as ? . I meet with everyone and the VP let an "Oh... heeeeey Koncept..." slip out, letting me know they weren't expecting someone with melanin. The face to face was mad awkward with them trying to find something I didn't know about the job. They ultimately showed me around the facility and on the way out I was told to get in touch with the contract company for the next steps.

I called on the way to the crib. The VP put the call in while I was on the way to my car: They said my personality wasn't a good fit for the company.

The real reason was: "We ain't finna pay no ? $65/hr for nothing".

What was the position?
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah ive been at interviews. They smile at your face and shake your hand but they never call you back.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my interview to job ratio is horrible but I've got dope experience now with big named clients so I should be cool from here on
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Had a company hit me up for a contract gig; $65/hr for 6 months with extensions possible. They hit me 'cause the only certification I possess is also extremely difficult to come across AND I had the exact skill set they were looking for. Phone interview went well, to the point where they told me point blank they wanted to hire me. Second phone interview with the director and VP of engineering went better than the first; I was the only candidate that was fully qualified for the position, I was the only candidate that had actually done the exact type of work they were hiring for, and I was the only person that was flexible enough to move into other roles when this gig was over, making me a long term prospect. They wanted to do a face-to-face interview just as a formality and sent over the paperwork to the contract company to get the ball rolling on my hire.

Day comes for the face-to-face. They sent the manager down to the lobby to get me. White boy's whole demeanor changed when the receptionist pointed my way as the person he was looking for. For the rest of the wal to the conference room dude was uptight as ? . I meet with everyone and the VP let an "Oh... heeeeey Koncept..." slip out, letting me know they weren't expecting someone with melanin. The face to face was mad awkward with them trying to find something I didn't know about the job. They ultimately showed me around the facility and on the way out I was told to get in touch with the contract company for the next steps.

I called on the way to the crib. The VP put the call in while I was on the way to my car: They said my personality wasn't a good fit for the company.

What was the position?

They needed someone that could move a great deal of their infrastructure for that group from physical to their new VMWare infrastructure, plus augment that infrastructure to handle the load (which I had already told them was inadequate for what they were trying to do), harden their security on that particular set of servers, stand up additional security devices (new firewalls, IPS, packet capture, etc), and it needed to be done by someone holding a current ITIL Practitioner certificate, which I happened to possess at the time, because all of the processes in that company were based around ITIL.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea that ? sucks but it is what it is
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i cant even get an interview right now, the struggle is real
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I work for a competitive ass company. Yes.
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options

Danm yo that's ? up on their behalf ? ? . ? was funny tho the gifs on point that was probably their reaction smh
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've encountered all the situations mentioned already. But the worst part of my job field is the ? test we have to take. The interview might not even matter if you can't pass the weld test. I've failed 2 of the 17 I've taken in my career. That ? is a heavy "L" to hold on the drive back home. Then it's all skill based so you can't even blame it on nothing else once your'e there. I threw my hood across the room my second bust. Failed that ? for the dumbest ? mistake.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    I literally got no call backs one time until I changed the name on my resume to Paul Thomason that next morning nuggas was callin out the woodworks.
    I remember that first white lady that got me on the phone sounded excited as hell to talk to me until she asked me a few questions where I had to answer with a few sentences and she could hear the ? in my voice that her tone changed to that of disappointment and like somebody stole her puppy. Lol

The new Orleans accent is a gift and a curse. Ive been told I don't really have the accent, but only when I'm around my dad or family and friends from my city. That ? sounds mad ignorant to white folks that's not from our city bruh.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea at chic filet