To those who believe in the power of prayer, does ? or the heavens keep a waiting list?

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Zoroastrianism argument just needs to be dead because clearly it makes no sense and to make it make sense you have to fill in too many blanks.

AS for the Egyptian influences i will admit Egypt had some influence on the Jews but not the core beliefs of the Jewish religion. ALL the comparison to Horus have been debunked a long time ago ? if people would just read the bible they would have seen that any comparison is false and is nothing more than a stretch.

first of all if you are talking about the egyptian gods which version of events are you going with??? the stories of Egyptian mythology have multiple endings, character changes and differences for the same events

Yahweh has some unique characteristics, I'll admit to that, but it's just one of many gods at the end of the day. No more impressive then the rest.

To you maybe.... but in reality the belief in this ? in some form has basically been ruling humanity for hundreds of years and no other deity in human history has done that. If that alone does not send off some bells in your head then you are just being willfully ignorant.

in most places on earth today if you mention ? to someone they are automatically going to think of the ? of abraham and that's pretty impressive

The Abrahamic ? isn't ruling humanity though, I don't see it in Norway or Sweden where most people are non-religious. It's not seen in China or North Korea where the government is officially atheist. Don't see it in Iraq where thousands of Christians were killed off or enslaved, is this the ruling of humanity I'm supposed to be impressed with?

People throughout the world have different ideas on who or what ? is, when I think of "? ", I think of all the thousands of gods that have supposedly existed or exist out there. There is no one ? , people throughout the world pray to all kinds of different gods, Jews only make up 1 percent of the world and it's questionable if Muslims even worship the same ? as Christians do. So no, I'm not really impressed with the Abrahamic ? lol

I was not being so literal but even those nations you mentioned have a christian heritage.... and it's even seen in their flag the yellow cross on the swedish flag represents Christianity. CHINA has a growing and young christian population

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html

Noth korea is an insane hermit kingdom and really cannot be compared to anyplace or talked about too reliably

I did not SAY CHRISTIANITY WAS RULING EVERYWHERE, you are selectively reading again. i said the ? of abraham was basically ruling humanity so what i was saying is that the influence of the belief in the ? most people think abraham worshipped is ubiquitous, and that includes the entire islamic world because THEY THINK THEY ARE WORSHIPING THE ? OF ABRAHAM AND THAT THE REST OF US ARE JUST DOING IT WRONG. But the fact still remains that their conception of ? is drawn from abraham.

Most people through out this world, when they stop and ponder on ? are stoping to think of the ? of abraham, that includes all of africa,south america and the vast majority of north america and the scattered millions of people in asia and even europe still has a christian population especially in russia a place that was once officially atheist now has a resurgent Christian population.

"Christianity in Russia is by some estimates the largest religion in the country, with nearly 50% of the population identifying as Christian. The largest tradition is the Russian Orthodox Church. By official information, there are 68 eparchies of Russian Orthodox Church."

Just because many people are Christian and Muslim throughout the world doesn't mean the Abrahamic ? is active, it doesn't change the fact that the Bible or Islamic ? isn't physically seen in the secular and non-religious countries of the world. China and some other nations still have an officially atheist government, I don't see any higher power changing that.

About 54% of the world belongs to an Abrahamic faith in some way, but that means BILLIONS OF PEOPLE are not part of that religious family tree, about 3 billion plus. The Abrahamic family tree is not an impressive one honestly, considering the way Muslims, Jews and Christians treat each other in the Middle East. It's a dysfunctional, chaotic family tree that has helped spawn some of the biggest misery around the planet according to many former Muslims and Christians.

So one way or the other, billions of people around the world don't really see the so called Abrahamic ? . And the fact that so many Muslims around the world have so little respect for Christians and Jews that they are among the most hated people in the Middle East is pretty sad and pathetic. How ironic the Abrahamic ? can't even bring people of its own dysfunctional family tree together.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options
    A very serious question for those who believe prayer is about gaining guidance and wisdom......

https://youtu.be/QF88nB1SRCM

--What the ? happened?? Bush prayed every day......
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    MOST JEWISH SCHOLORS DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENTS BECAUSE THERE IS NO EVIDENCE EITHER WAY lol ? we just went over this ? ... that article is ? and the website is shady. not everything you read on the internet is real there are ? ? so called scholars out there.

Judaism the religion existed way before zoroastor was even born and on top of that the religions aren't really that similar at all zoroastorism is actually closer to Christianity and islam than it is judaism. EZRA CODIFIED JUDAISM BUT HE DID NOT CREATE IT JUDAISM existed before ZOROASTORISM as a purely monotheistic religion.... keep in mind that zoroastorism is not even monotheistic and many of the scripture we have for it come in the A.D ERA ....

SOME FOR THE SOURCES YOU POSTED EVEN CONFIRM WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING so just stop the ? already

200_s.gif
  • zzombie
    Options
    Zoroastrianism argument just needs to be dead because clearly it makes no sense and to make it make sense you have to fill in too many blanks.

AS for the Egyptian influences i will admit Egypt had some influence on the Jews but not the core beliefs of the Jewish religion. ALL the comparison to Horus have been debunked a long time ago ? if people would just read the bible they would have seen that any comparison is false and is nothing more than a stretch.

first of all if you are talking about the egyptian gods which version of events are you going with??? the stories of Egyptian mythology have multiple endings, character changes and differences for the same events

Yahweh has some unique characteristics, I'll admit to that, but it's just one of many gods at the end of the day. No more impressive then the rest.

To you maybe.... but in reality the belief in this ? in some form has basically been ruling humanity for hundreds of years and no other deity in human history has done that. If that alone does not send off some bells in your head then you are just being willfully ignorant.

in most places on earth today if you mention ? to someone they are automatically going to think of the ? of abraham and that's pretty impressive

The Abrahamic ? isn't ruling humanity though, I don't see it in Norway or Sweden where most people are non-religious. It's not seen in China or North Korea where the government is officially atheist. Don't see it in Iraq where thousands of Christians were killed off or enslaved, is this the ruling of humanity I'm supposed to be impressed with?

People throughout the world have different ideas on who or what ? is, when I think of "? ", I think of all the thousands of gods that have supposedly existed or exist out there. There is no one ? , people throughout the world pray to all kinds of different gods, Jews only make up 1 percent of the world and it's questionable if Muslims even worship the same ? as Christians do. So no, I'm not really impressed with the Abrahamic ? lol

I was not being so literal but even those nations you mentioned have a christian heritage.... and it's even seen in their flag the yellow cross on the swedish flag represents Christianity. CHINA has a growing and young christian population

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html

Noth korea is an insane hermit kingdom and really cannot be compared to anyplace or talked about too reliably

I did not SAY CHRISTIANITY WAS RULING EVERYWHERE, you are selectively reading again. i said the ? of abraham was basically ruling humanity so what i was saying is that the influence of the belief in the ? most people think abraham worshipped is ubiquitous, and that includes the entire islamic world because THEY THINK THEY ARE WORSHIPING THE ? OF ABRAHAM AND THAT THE REST OF US ARE JUST DOING IT WRONG. But the fact still remains that their conception of ? is drawn from abraham.

Most people through out this world, when they stop and ponder on ? are stoping to think of the ? of abraham, that includes all of africa,south america and the vast majority of north america and the scattered millions of people in asia and even europe still has a christian population especially in russia a place that was once officially atheist now has a resurgent Christian population.

"Christianity in Russia is by some estimates the largest religion in the country, with nearly 50% of the population identifying as Christian. The largest tradition is the Russian Orthodox Church. By official information, there are 68 eparchies of Russian Orthodox Church."

Just because many people are Christian and Muslim throughout the world doesn't mean the Abrahamic ? is active, it doesn't change the fact that the Bible or Islamic ? isn't physically seen in the secular and non-religious countries of the world. China and some other nations still have an officially atheist government, I don't see any higher power changing that.

About 54% of the world belongs to an Abrahamic faith in some way, but that means BILLIONS OF PEOPLE are not part of that religious family tree, about 3 billion plus. The Abrahamic family tree is not an impressive one honestly, considering the way Muslims, Jews and Christians treat each other in the Middle East. It's a dysfunctional, chaotic family tree that has helped spawn some of the biggest misery around the planet according to many former Muslims and Christians.

So one way or the other, billions of people around the world don't really see the so called Abrahamic ? . And the fact that so many Muslims around the world have so little respect for Christians and Jews that they are among the most hated people in the Middle East is pretty sad and pathetic. How ironic the Abrahamic ? can't even bring people of its own dysfunctional family tree together.

lol this guy... according to the bible and other religious texts the power of ? can be seen in the power and influence of his believers. WHATEVER OFFICIAL position the government has on religion is irrelevant because the people themselves are changing. The american government has many official positions on things that the average american disagrees on, you cannot judge the positions of a people on the positions of their government especially when that government is a one party dictatorship like china. WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE NUMBERS FROM??? i'VE HAD THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOU MANY TIMES ALREADY and you know very well that due to the nature of relgion it is impossible to properly assign these percentages all you can make is large estimates, for example you can has that pakistan is muslim but you cannot say that 12% of pakistan is christian because it would be totally impossible to actually know

but by land mass the ? of abraham is clearly winning because it was multiple continents on lock and the nations and peoples that are actually experiencing growth are those will many of his adherents nations. T
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options
    MOST JEWISH SCHOLORS DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENTS BECAUSE THERE IS NO EVIDENCE EITHER WAY lol ? we just went over this ? ... that article is ? and the website is shady. not everything you read on the internet is real there are ? ? so called scholars out there.

Judaism the religion existed way before zoroastor was even born and on top of that the religions aren't really that similar at all zoroastorism is actually closer to Christianity and islam than it is judaism. EZRA CODIFIED JUDAISM BUT HE DID NOT CREATE IT JUDAISM existed before ZOROASTORISM as a purely monotheistic religion.... keep in mind that zoroastorism is not even monotheistic and many of the scripture we have for it come in the A.D ERA ....

SOME FOR THE SOURCES YOU POSTED EVEN CONFIRM WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING so just stop the ? already

200_s.gif

Most scholars agree the date of Zoroaster's birth is not known for sure, Zoroastriniast beliefs were not written until AD times, but Greek and other scholars fully agree Zoroastrianism in some form is extremely old, reaching way before BC times.

And of course the JEWISH ENCYCLOPEDIA is shady to you now, lol. Is it shady to you because it admits most Jewish scholars agree Zoroastriniamsm in some form influenced Judasim? Most scholars worldwide agree on this, you'll continue to be on the outside looking in as far as religious scholars are concerned. Either way, this is already being taught in many college universities, I was taught this in Hunter College as well in religion class in high school. You admit Ezra codified Juadism, and there are many scholars who even have Youtube videos showing just how much Ezra was influenced by Zoroastrianism. So how the hell am I reaching if college professors and others are teaching all this stuff right now in colleges throughout the world?

https://youtu.be/55fCRqAlQoc
  • kingblaze84
    Options

lol this guy... according to the bible and other religious texts the power of ? can be seen in the power and influence of his believers. WHATEVER OFFICIAL position the government has on religion is irrelevant because the people themselves are changing. The american government has many official positions on things that the average american disagrees on, you cannot judge the positions of a people on the positions of their government especially when that government is a one party dictatorship like china. WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE NUMBERS FROM??? i'VE HAD THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOU MANY TIMES ALREADY and you know very well that due to the nature of relgion it is impossible to properly assign these percentages all you can make is large estimates, for example you can has that pakistan is muslim but you cannot say that 12% of pakistan is christian because it would be totally impossible to actually know

but by land mass the ? of abraham is clearly winning because it was multiple continents on lock and the nations and peoples that are actually experiencing growth are those will many of his adherents nations. T

LMAO the ? of Abraham isn't winning ? . It's as lazy as it's ever been.

Is Allah saving the poor Muslims from global warming in Syria and Iraq? Nope, water and soil erosion is still all over there, making wars for resources more and more brutal.

Is Jesus saving the poor Christians in the Middle East, the ones who are still enslaved and worse? Nope, Jesus ain't doing nothing.

Has the Bible ? done anything to help solve the massive pollution and poverty in Brazil and other Christian nations? Did Jesus protect Africa from the evil imperialists of Europe? HAHA Nope, all I see is laziness all around. People in some places are Muslim and Christian and 1% are Jewish, but I don't see this so called Abrahamic "? " doing anything to save or protect its people.

So nope, I don't see the ? of Abraham winning anywhere, in fact where the ? of Abraham is preached and worshipped, violence and chaos is often present. This is not a track record to be proud of, Muslims hate Christians in the Middle East so much that even in refugee camps all over the Middle East, Christians are still targets of persecution and violence. Don't act like there is some grand unity between Muslims and Christians, you can't stand Muslims and admit to hating them.
  • zzombie
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @kingblaze84 THE PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS THAT NO ONE SOLIDLY KNOWS WHAT THE FEATURES OF PERSIAN RELIGIONS WERE BEFORE ZOROASTOR CHANGED IT.... DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT LOGICALLY MEANS????

AND I'VE ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT THE PERSIANS INFLUENCED JEWISH CULTURE BUT THERE IS A DISTINCTION BETWEEN A PEOPLE'S CULTURE AND THEIR RELIGION. scholars DON'T HAVE ANY PROOF THAT THERE IS A PERSIAN INFLUENCE ON JEWISH RELIGION.... because as you just admitted they don't have much written down ON ZOROASTORINISM until the ad era. YOU SELECTIVELY READ WHAT YOU WANT

THIS IS from your only somewhat credible source

"At the present time it is impossible to settle the question; the truth lies probably somewhere between the radical extremes, and it is possible that when knowledge of the Assyrian and Babylonian religion is more precise in certain details, additional light may be thrown on the problem of the source of these analogies, and may show the likelihood of a common influence at work upon both the Persian and Jewish cults."

also posting video's from the 1980-early 90's isn't helping your case
  • zzombie
    Options
    @kingblaze84;

HE is wining converts you idiot and that is all that really counts... human souls are the prize in every religion.

Why would ? want to save the christians from death because of following christ??? Christians are promised death. All the greatest apostles died for their beliefs, did ? magically come down and save them??? no they were allowed to suffer and die but what did there deaths do??? strength the faith of others and so today christians number in the millions upon millions. christ himself was nailed to a cross.

Matthew 10:39 : "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." Being killed for christ is a blessing not a curse and like it or not ? DOES NOT WORK THE WAY YOU WANT HIM TOO. Your real opposition to ? IS YOUR OWN arrogance and foolishness which is sad because you and other like you are clearly obsessed with ? and religion in general

Muslims think they are worshipping the same ? i am, they are directing prayers to what they believe is the ? of Abraham.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @kingblaze84 THE PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS THAT NO ONE SOLIDLY KNOWS WHAT THE FEATURES OF PERSIAN RELIGIONS WERE BEFORE ZOROASTOR CHANGED IT.... DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT LOGICALLY MEANS????

AND I'VE ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT THE PERSIANS INFLUENCED JEWISH CULTURE BUT THERE IS A DISTINCTION BETWEEN A PEOPLE'S CULTURE AND THEIR RELIGION. scholars DON'T HAVE ANY PROOF THAT THERE IS A PERSIAN INFLUENCE ON JEWISH RELIGION.... because as you just admitted they don't have much written down ON ZOROASTORINISM until the ad era. YOU SELECTIVELY READ WHAT YOU WANT

"At the present time it is impossible to settle the question; the truth lies probably somewhere between the radical extremes, and it is possible that when knowledge of the Assyrian and Babylonian religion is more precise in certain details, additional light may be thrown on the problem of the source of these analogies, and may show the likelihood of a common influence at work upon both the Persian and Jewish cults."

I'm glad you can at least admit there is a solid chance Zoroastrianism influenced Judaism based on what you highlighted, although the scholar research I've done seems convincing enough to me. And I can post plenty of modern videos from college professors as well, Jewish and non-Jewish, who say the same thing that guy said.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @kingblaze84;

HE is wining converts you idiot and that is all that really counts... human souls are the prize in every religion.

Why would ? want to save the christians from death because of following christ??? Christians are promised death. All the greatest apostles died for their beliefs, did ? magically come down and save them??? no they were allowed to suffer and die but what did there deaths do??? strength the faith of others and so today christians number in the millions upon millions. christ himself was nailed to a cross.

Matthew 10:39 : "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." Being killed for christ is a blessing not a curse and like it or not ? DOES NOT WORK THE WAY YOU WANT HIM TOO. Your real opposition to ? IS YOUR OWN arrogance and foolishness which is sad because you and other like you are clearly obsessed with ? and religion in general

Muslims think they are worshipping the same ? i am, they are directing prayers to what they believe is the ? of Abraham.

If you're gonna call someone an idiot, at least learn to spell "winning" correctly, dum dum.

And there's nothing foolish about what I'm saying, I'm simply trying to understand all this boasting you're doing for a ? that I don't see doing anything to help or aid its followers. It doesn't seem ? -like in my eyes and seems more like a bunch of wishful thinking, but maybe I'm just hard to impress. I'm far from obsessed over the Bible ? , you and DOU are the ones that started mentioning the Bible ? in here.

I made this thread asking what people's thoughts on prayer are, if you're gonna boast and randomly mention Bible passages about this so called ? of yours, you better prepare to answer questions about it. And being honest, the excuses you have for the Bible ? are not really impressive. You're actually proving my point about the laziness of the ? you believe in lol, so it doesn't care about its followers on Earth living brutal and horrible lives in the birthplace of Abrahamic religions? I guess it's pretty coldhearted.
  • zzombie
    Options

I'm glad you can at least admit there is a solid chance Zoroastrianism influenced Judaism based on what you highlighted, although the scholar research I've done seems convincing enough to me. And I can post plenty of modern videos from college professors as well, Jewish and non-Jewish, who say the same thing that guy said.

my ? you can't read either??? that's not what i am saying and that's not what that quote is saying lol

WHAT I Admitted TO WAS that the persians influenced jewish culture but not the tenets of judaism and what the quote is saying is that there is no conclusive proof either way. DO YOU GET IT NOW????
  • zzombie
    edited August 2016
    Options

@kingblaze84;

If you're gonna call someone an idiot, at least learn to spell "winning" correctly, dum dum.

And there's nothing foolish about what I'm saying, I'm simply trying to understand all this boasting you're doing for a ? that I don't see doing anything to help or aid its followers. It doesn't seem ? -like in my eyes and seems more like a bunch of wishful thinking, but maybe I'm just hard to impress. I'm far from obsessed over the Bible ? , you and DOU are the ones that started mentioning the Bible ? in here.

I made this thread asking what people's thoughts on prayer are, if you're gonna boast and randomly mention Bible passages about this so called ? of yours, you better prepare to answer questions about it. And being honest, the excuses you have for the Bible ? are not really impressive. You're actually proving my point about the laziness of the ? you believe in lol, so it doesn't care about its followers on Earth living brutal and horrible lives in the birthplace of Abrahamic religions? I guess it's pretty coldhearted.

I believe you to be a liar your motive in making this thread was not to find out what people thought about prayer as always your motive was to slander a ? and a religion you don't understand but continue to slander. if you understood the religion you would not be asking these silly questions if you were not obsessed you would not be making these threads. You have made these threads for years and it's the same ? over and over again. Once you talk about prayer ? will inevitably come into the conversation and you knew that so stop the ?

don't worry about my spelling as long as you can understand my reply then that's all i care about

I've always answered your questions you just don't like the answers because they don't fit into what you wish.... you call ? lazy based upon your own perspective. LAZY describes someone who is not doing what should be done fast enough but who are you to tell ? he is lazy??? especially when you don't know what he is doing or why. ? has helped me and mine and many christians will tell you the same thing just because you have't experienced gods love and help in your life doesn't mean he's not helping you or that he does not help others.

? cares that's why he went to the cross and for christians dying for the faith is a blessing not a curse.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

my ? you can't read either??? that's not what i am saying and that's not what that quote is saying lol

WHAT I Admitted TO WAS that the persians influenced jewish culture but not the tenets of judaism and what the quote is saying is that there is no conclusive proof either way. DO YOU GET IT NOW????

Lol so why do so many SCHOLARS insist that Zoroastrianism influenced Ezra as he codified Judaism, and also influenced Judaism? What's your theory on that?

Why would most Jewish scholars agree with this, according to the world famous Jewish Encyclopedia? Just curious to know why you think this is the case.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    @kingblaze84;

I believe you to be a liar your motive in making this thread was not to find out what people thought about prayer as always your motive was to slander a ? and a religion you don't understand but continue to slander. if you understood the religion you would not be asking these silly questions if you were not obsessed you would not be making these threads. You have made these threads for years and it's the same ? over and over again. Once you talk about prayer ? will inevitably come into the conversation and you knew that so stop the ?

don't worry about my spelling as long as you can understand my reply then that's all i care about

I've always answered your questions you just don't like the answers because they don't fit into what you wish.... you call ? lazy based upon your own perspective. LAZY describes someone who is not doing what should be done fast enough but who are you to tell ? he is lazy??? especially when you don't know what he is doing or why. ? has helped me and mine and many christians will tell you the same thing just because you have't experienced gods love and help in your life doesn't mean he's not helping you or that he does not help others.

? cares that's why he went to the cross and for christians dying for the faith is a blessing not a curse.

How you gonna pretend to know my motive for me making this thread, I'm the one who made it lol

I'm not slandering anything, just making careful observations of the world. I didn't make this thread with the intention of purposely dissing the Bible ? , but once you started the boasting of a ? I can't see doing anything, of course I'm gonna make observations about it. Let's face it, your ? is not known for being active on Earth these past few thousand plus years, and if you're gonna go around boasting about your so called ? , expect people to question that.

And if your "? " is really helping people mentally, spirititually or physically, that's great, but you can't discount the billions of people worldwide who also feel good praying to other gods or maybe not feeling the need to pray or worship at all.

• kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Christians dying for the faith is a blessing? I'm sure a ton of the young orphans worldwide who are being neglected don't feel their parents' death or enslavement is a blessing.
  • zzombie
    edited August 2016
    Options

Lol so why do so many SCHOLARS insist that Zoroastrianism influenced Ezra as he codified Judaism, and also influenced Judaism? What's your theory on that?

Why would most Jewish scholars agree with this, according to the world famous Jewish Encyclopedia? Just curious to know why you think this is the case.

They don't insist they make hypotheses you don't seem to know the difference ... the jewish encyclopedia says they cannot settle the question. ezra did not write the law, Moses did . What ezra did was reform the jewish community using the law of moses he gave THEIR COMMUNITIES structure but he did not invent anything.... much like how Christianity existed before the catholic church but the catholic church did give Christianity a particular form and order. ezra did a similar thing for judaism and managed to enforce much of the already preexisting law of moses, these were procedural changes and not actual religious doctrinal changes. The early catholic church did not invent anything they just gave form to what was already existing ezra also just gave a particular form to judaism

• zzombie
    Options
    Christians dying for the faith is a blessing? I'm sure a ton of the young orphans worldwide who are being neglected don't feel their parents' death or enslavement is a blessing.

The orphans probably don't feel that way but their life is not their parents life
  • zzombie
    Options
    @kingblaze84;

How you gonna pretend to know my motive for me making this thread, I'm the one who made it lol

I'm not slandering anything, just making careful observations of the world. I didn't make this thread with the intention of purposely dissing the Bible ? , but once you started the boasting of a ? I can't see doing anything, of course I'm gonna make observations about it. Let's face it, your ? is not known for being active on Earth these past few thousand plus years, and if you're gonna go around boasting about your so called ? , expect people to question that.

And if your "? " is really helping people mentally, spirititually or physically, that's great, but you can't discount the billions of people worldwide who also feel good praying to other gods or maybe not feeling the need to pray or worship at all.

IT'S NOT JUST this thread it's all the religious thread you make.

How is ? not active on earth??? if you ask serious christians they will tell your that he is active in their lives on earth Other people can pray to other gods if they wish to me they are false gods and i already told you demons can answer prayers.... hell humans can sometimes answer prayers and give you what you wish. That does not mean you are praying to ? .
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options

They don't insist they make hypotheses you don't seem to know the difference ... the jewish encyclopedia says they cannot settle the question. ezra did not write the law, Moses did . What ezra did was reform the jewish community using the law of moses he gave THEIR COMMUNITIES structure but he did not invent anything.... much like how Christianity existed before the catholic church but the catholic church did give Christianity a particular form and order. ezra did a similar thing for judaism and managed to enforce much of the already preexisting law of moses, these were procedural changes and not actual religious doctrinal changes. The early catholic church did not invent anything they just gave form to what was already existing ezra also just gave a particular form to judaism

Religious scholars in many parts of the world now doubt Moses actually wrote the Jewish law, also known as the first five books of the Bible or Torah/Pentateuche. Many scholars have found great evidence Moses didn't really create the law directly, but instead it was written by several people within different periods of time. The more scholars are digging up research on the Torah and Bible, the more holes they are finding......this is the problem when things are written by HUMANS, the TRUE source is often questionable. In the end it's all man made

http://www.bluethread.com/whowrotetorah.htm

http://www.awitness.org/contrabib/torah/moses.html

http://mesacc.edu/~thoqh49081/handouts/torahclues.html

Jewish tradition is that Moses wrote (or received) the entire Torah. However, scholars going back to the 2nd century CE, or for an example in medieval times, Ibn Ezra in the 12th century, found troubling evidence that Moses did not in fact write the Torah. For example, there are references in the Torah to Moses in the third person, such as his being modest, or naming Edomite kings (Gen. 36) that were known to have lived after Moses died.[Friedman, p. 19.] Subsequent scholars found more and more problems that suggested more than one source.

An examination of the Torah indicates that it was composed by a number of now unknown authors. If Moses wrote the Bible then it must be explained why Torah books are in conflict with each other on points of both doctrine and history, something easy to establish by an objective examination.

Among the details that challenged the notion that Moses wrote the Torah or law......

-The Edomite kings listed in Genesis 36 did not live until after Moses was dead
    •Moses is referred to in the 3rd person in several passages
    •There are places named that Moses could not have known (he never entered the Promised Land)
    •The Hebrew of the text includes terms that were developed long after Moses' death
    •Moses' death is included in Deuteronomy.
    •Camels are listed in Abraham's retinue, but camels were domesticated around 1000, long after Abraham (1550 BCE) and even Moses (1250 BCE)
    •The text mentions Philistines in the time between Abraham and Moses, but the Philistines did not enter the coastal areas of Canaan until around 1200 BCE (after Moses).

• kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @kingblaze84;

How is ? not active on earth??? if you ask serious christians they will tell your that he is active in their lives on earth Other people can pray to other gods if they wish to me they are false gods and i already told you demons can answer prayers.... hell humans can sometimes answer prayers and give you what you wish. That does not mean you are praying to ? .

Your ? is active on Earth? Word? Where, please show me. If you're going to mention nature or the skies, flowers, bees, etc, it could be some other higher forces responsible for that. You can't show me physically where the Bible ? is on Earth, please show me video footage of this ? at work.

And I understand that other gods people worldwide pray or worship to could be false, but that technically means your ? could be a false one too. If you can say other gods are false, what the hell makes you think your ? can't be false too?? Because of some miracles you or other people may have gone through? I know a bunch of non-religious people and some of them have led miraculous, great lives too. You can't really PROVE your ? is active compared to those false gods you talk about.
  • zzombie
    Options
    @kingblaze84;

Your ? is active on Earth? Word? Where, please show me. If you're going to mention nature or the skies, flowers, bees, etc, it could be some other higher forces responsible for that. You can't show me physically where the Bible ? is on Earth, please show me video footage of this ? at work.

And I understand that other gods people worldwide pray or worship to could be false, but that technically means your ? could be a false one too. If you can say other gods are false, what the hell makes you think your ? can't be false too?? Because of some miracles you or other people may have gone through? I know a bunch of non-religious people and some of them have led miraculous, great lives too. You can't really PROVE your ? is active compared to those false gods you talk about.

If you watch the news and read the bible and see all that's going over in the middle you would see the real physical proof that the prophecies of ? about that region are coming true....

I know my ? is not false because christians have had personal experiences with him, like i always tell you i don't care to prove anything to You i don't even care what you believe, i am not DOU i am not trying to convert you. We have had this same discussion millions of times I ONLY RESPOND TO THESE STUPID threads to enlighten others and to defeat ignorance, providing an alternative to your lies,slander and misinformation.
  • zzombie
    Options

Religious scholars in many parts of the world now doubt Moses actually wrote the Jewish law, also known as the first five books of the Bible or Torah/Pentateuche. Many scholars have found great evidence Moses didn't really create the law directly, but instead it was written by several people within different periods of time. The more scholars are digging up research on the Torah and Bible, the more holes they are finding......this is the problem when things are written by HUMANS, the TRUE source is often questionable. In the end it's all man made

Jewish tradition is that Moses wrote (or received) the entire Torah. However, scholars going back to the 2nd century CE, or for an example in medieval times, Ibn Ezra in the 12th century, found troubling evidence that Moses did not in fact write the Torah. For example, there are references in the Torah to Moses in the third person, such as his being modest, or naming Edomite kings (Gen. 36) that were known to have lived after Moses died.[Friedman, p. 19.] Subsequent scholars found more and more problems that suggested more than one source.

An examination of the Torah indicates that it was composed by a number of now unknown authors. If Moses wrote the Bible then it must be explained why Torah books are in conflict with each other on points of both doctrine and history, something easy to establish by an objective examination.

Among the details that challenged the notion that Moses wrote the Torah or law......

•There are places named that Moses could not have known (he never entered the Promised Land)
    •The Hebrew of the text includes terms that were developed long after Moses' death
    •Camels are listed in Abraham's retinue, but camels were domesticated around 1000, long after Abraham (1550 BCE) and even Moses (1250 BCE)
    •The text mentions Philistines in the time between Abraham and Moses, but the Philistines did not enter the coastal areas of Canaan until around 1200 BCE (after Moses).

You don't know the difference between jewish tradition and what the bible says... the bible is the inspired word of ? and it does not claim that one person wrote all of it, both jews and christians have traditions that are not found the torah or gospel.

as for the bold i can go through them all and show why the conclusions you are reaching is based on a faulty premise but i just don't care to because it would require to much writing and there are not enough people in this thread so the reward isn't worth it
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damnkp wrote: »
    I dont think man can answer for ?

... EHHH TRUE AND NOT TRUE..
    MAN(CHRISTIANS) ARE HERE AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FATHER.. SO SOME THINGS CAN BE SPOKEN FOR
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    @kingblaze84;

If you watch the news and read the bible and see all that's going over in the middle you would see the real physical proof that the prophecies of ? about that region are coming true....

I know my ? is not false because christians have had personal experiences with him, like i always tell you i don't care to prove anything to You i don't even care what you believe, i am not DOU i am not trying to convert you. We have had this same discussion millions of times I ONLY RESPOND TO THESE STUPID threads to enlighten others and to defeat ignorance, providing an alternative to your lies,slander and misinformation.

The Bible prophecies are coming true? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

So Jesus is gonna come back soon?? HAHAHA oh please tell us when these prophecies are going to happen, next year? Or is it gonna be another 2,000 plus years?? I always laugh when it comes to the Bible prophecies coming true, like ? didn't hear that ? in 1999. I still remember the avalanche of street preachers who promised Jesus would come back in the year 2000, so be careful when you talk about prophecies coming true soon.

And it's nice that you and other Christians have had "personal" experiences with Jesus, but it sounds no more personal then the relationships some people have with Kali, Shiva, Odin or a random voodoo ? .
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options

You don't know the difference between jewish tradition and what the bible says... the bible is the inspired word of ? and it does not claim that one person wrote all of it, both jews and christians have traditions that are not found the torah or gospel.

as for the bold i can go through them all and show why the conclusions you are reaching is based on a faulty premise but i just don't care to because it would require to much writing and there are not enough people in this thread so the reward isn't worth it

If you don't want to disprove (or unable to disprove) what scholars say about Moses likely not writing the entire Torah, fine. The evidence is extremely convincing that the Torah was written by several people over a period of several generations. It is what it is.

Believe anything you want, in the end, angels did not write the Bible or Torah, faulty humans did. I don't see any angels or gods coming down from heaven and vouching for the Bible or Torah.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3736041/Abandoned-Haunting-images-reveal-grand-churches-Europe-left-rot-ruin.html

Abandoned! Haunting images reveal how the once grand churches of Europe have been left to rot and ruin as support for Christianity dwindles in its traditional heartlands