To those who believe in the power of prayer, does ? or the heavens keep a waiting list?

Options

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    1 Peter 2:18-19

Slaves, in reverent fear of ? submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19 For it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of ?

--This is the "? 's" law I'm supposed to take seriously? Slaves should submit themselves to mean or ? up slave masters huh? Haha, no wonder Columbus, Brazilian and American slave masters loved the Bible. Not a coincidence. What a piece of trash book, I'll ? on a book like that.

https://youtu.be/2hJIhIbToIg

--That's not me in the video by the way lol

The words of peter are not ? 's law... outside of the gospels and revelation the rest of the new testament is mostly just letters and advice given on how to run a Church and how to conduct yourself.

You can disrespect my beliefs all you want in doing so you only prove me correct when i say you only male TROLL threads... but by the way At the time peter wrote that many people in the roman empire chose to be slaves.

LIAR. I thought the Bible was inspired by the Bible ? , are you saying Peter's words are not divinely inspired.....?

If that's the case, then why should any other prophet in the Bible be taken seriously? Peter followed Jesus personally, if Peter is telling slaves they MUST SUBMIT to cruel and harsh masters, Peter's words must be divinely inspired right??

Or are you calling one of the Bible's most important prophets a liar......? Make up your mind. And I agree many in the Roman Empire chose to be slaves for debt reasons but many DID NOT want to be slaves. So Peter's outrageous words of support for slavery IN THE NEW TESTAMENT shows a clear pattern of disgraceful behavior. If I had slaves and mistreated them, I would be considered a bad person. But the Bible ? tells slaves to submit to harsh masters. No wonder Christian slave masters felt so cool and easy as they ? their slaves. And this is the ? you brag about.

There are versions of the bible that highlight in red when ? is speaking through a prophet find one. If you read the bible carefully you will be able to note when ? is speaking through the prophet vs when the prophet is speaking for himself.

christians were in no positions to end slavery during the early days of the church slaves in the roman empire at that time could be freed until the age of 30 and even then only a certain amount of slaves were allowed to be made free.... that was roman law and christians were subject to roman law so really if peter had told the slaves to rise up or run away he would have been in violation of roman law.

Here we go again with the excuses, Peter wasn't against slavery either. He never condemns it, and the New Testament just gives a bunch of rules on it. I understand Christians couldn't end slavery in those days but the Bible ? didn't exactly do much to end slavery either. It co-signed slaves OBEYING harsh masters, that's some ? . Instead of condemning slavery, it simply gives rules on it. How wonderful.

And if Peter acted against Roman law, why couldn't the Bible ? protect him? The Bible ? is weaker then Roman law now? That doesn't seem like a powerful ? at all, it sounds like a very weak and helpless one.

The bible ? as you call him does not always come down to end physically suffering and i've told you why a million times already.... sorry but ? does not act the way you want him to act he acts according to the guide lines set down in his word. which means he's not always going to save your ass but he will always save your soul.

that goes for slaves peter and anybody else
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    1 Peter 2:18-19

Slaves, in reverent fear of ? submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19 For it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of ?

--This is the "? 's" law I'm supposed to take seriously? Slaves should submit themselves to mean or ? up slave masters huh? Haha, no wonder Columbus, Brazilian and American slave masters loved the Bible. Not a coincidence. What a piece of trash book, I'll ? on a book like that.

https://youtu.be/2hJIhIbToIg

--That's not me in the video by the way lol

The words of peter are not ? 's law... outside of the gospels and revelation the rest of the new testament is mostly just letters and advice given on how to run a Church and how to conduct yourself.

You can disrespect my beliefs all you want in doing so you only prove me correct when i say you only male TROLL threads... but by the way At the time peter wrote that many people in the roman empire chose to be slaves.

LIAR. I thought the Bible was inspired by the Bible ? , are you saying Peter's words are not divinely inspired.....?

If that's the case, then why should any other prophet in the Bible be taken seriously? Peter followed Jesus personally, if Peter is telling slaves they MUST SUBMIT to cruel and harsh masters, Peter's words must be divinely inspired right??

Or are you calling one of the Bible's most important prophets a liar......? Make up your mind. And I agree many in the Roman Empire chose to be slaves for debt reasons but many DID NOT want to be slaves. So Peter's outrageous words of support for slavery IN THE NEW TESTAMENT shows a clear pattern of disgraceful behavior. If I had slaves and mistreated them, I would be considered a bad person. But the Bible ? tells slaves to submit to harsh masters. No wonder Christian slave masters felt so cool and easy as they ? their slaves. And this is the ? you brag about.

There are versions of the bible that highlight in red when ? is speaking through a prophet find one. If you read the bible carefully you will be able to note when ? is speaking through the prophet vs when the prophet is speaking for himself.

christians were in no positions to end slavery during the early days of the church slaves in the roman empire at that time could be freed until the age of 30 and even then only a certain amount of slaves were allowed to be made free.... that was roman law and christians were subject to roman law so really if peter had told the slaves to rise up or run away he would have been in violation of roman law.

Here we go again with the excuses, Peter wasn't against slavery either. He never condemns it, and the New Testament just gives a bunch of rules on it. I understand Christians couldn't end slavery in those days but the Bible ? didn't exactly do much to end slavery either. It co-signed slaves OBEYING harsh masters, that's some ? . Instead of condemning slavery, it simply gives rules on it. How wonderful.

And if Peter acted against Roman law, why couldn't the Bible ? protect him? The Bible ? is weaker then Roman law now? That doesn't seem like a powerful ? at all, it sounds like a very weak and helpless one.

The bible ? as you call him does not always come down to end physically suffering and i've told you why a million times already.... sorry but ? does not act the way you want him to act he acts according to the guide lines set down in his word. which means he's not always going to save your ass but he will always save your soul.

that goes for slaves peter and anybody else

No different then all the other gods out there I guess, probably weaker considering all the prophecies Jesus has yet to fulfill. A bunch of other gods claim they can save my soul too, considering how weak the Bible ? seems now, I'd probably be better off giving one of them a chance.

You're right in that your ? doesn't act the way I would expect a ? to act. I don't expect good gods to support slavery and give rules for it. I don't expect a good ? to make harmful parasites and viruses every day. I don't expect a ? to be responsible for brain cancers and anything else harmful to people. These are not actions of a real ? to me, a demon perhaps or maybe a twisted force of harsh matter that was created somehow, but not really a ? .

The fact that the Bible ? could admit to creating and literally supporting such horror every day shows me you are worshipping a demon, but that's fine because demon worship has been common throughout human history. Could you understand why someone may think of your ? as a demon, based on how you describe it?
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options
    An Israeli professor said a few years ago Moses was on psychedelic drugs when he "created" the Ten Commandments and spoke to "? " via "a burning bush"....

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=4392361&page=1

Israeli Professor Says Moses Was 'High on Drugs' When He Heard Voice of ?

Moses and the Israelites were on drugs, says Benny Shanon, an Israeli professor of cognitive philosophy.

Writing in the British Journal Time and Mind, he claims Moses was probably on psychedelic drugs when he received the Ten Commandments from ? .

The assertions give a whole new meaning to Moses being "high" on Mount Sinai.

According to Shanon, a professor at Hebrew University, two naturally existing plants in the Sinai Peninsula have the same psychoactive components as ones found in the Amazon jungle and are well-known for their mind-altering capabilities. The drugs are usually combined in a drink called ayahuasca.

"As far as Moses on Mount Sinai is concerned, it was either a supernatural cosmic event, which I don't believe, or a legend, which I don't believe either, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Moses and the people of Israel under the effects of narcotics," he told Israel Radio in an interview Tuesday.

The description in The Book of Exodus of thunder, lightening and a blaring trumpet, according to Shanon, are the classic imaginings of people under the influence of drugs.

--Makes a lot of sense. Talking to a burning bush is pretty ridiculous.

24c9ca2d5d8c116c6806c40ef272cd0822fecba1c75f25bed32ae88391d26768.jpg
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    I can respect that, I guess what confuses me is how some people claim to have relationships with ? and then have all kinds of great tragedies, so it's a little weird to me. I have experienced many great blessings as well, and sometimes I do feel like something is looking out for me. But then I watch the news or see people I know go through some bad times that makes them lose their faith, and it makes me question what kind of "relationship" that really is.

I'm open to prayer to the universe or to whatever life force is out there on the rare occasion I do pray for someone, but "? " is still too broad a term to me. People can have relationships with multiple gods, and maybe that could double someone's luck lol

• kingblaze84
    Options
    I came upon this shocking poll today, less then 3 in 10 young American Whites aged 18-29 claim to be Christian now, drastically down from years past. Young Americans are definitely losing their faith in Christianity, any theories behind this....? Ironic how many Whites forced Christianity upon Blacks in America historically, and now even most young White Americans have turned away from it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/08/15/white-christian-america-is-dying/

White Christian America is dying

Nearly 7 in 10 American seniors (67 percent) are white Christians, compared to fewer than 3 in 10 (29 percent) young adults.

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can respect that, I guess what confuses me is how some people claim to have relationships with ? and then have all kinds of great tragedies, so it's a little weird to me. I have experienced many great blessings as well, and sometimes I do feel like something is looking out for me. But then I watch the news or see people I know go through some bad times that makes them lose their faith, and it makes me question what kind of "relationship" that really is.

I'm open to prayer to the universe or to whatever life force is out there on the rare occasion I do pray for someone, but "? " is still too broad a term to me. People can have relationships with multiple gods, and maybe that could double someone's luck lol

Look at the story of Job, guy went through hell and he was full of faith. Yeah the story plays out like ? and devil had this convo to stir ? up but jesus 'said' send one devil out and a bunch return(and it's kind of like the convo that plays out in our mind). It's the same when you're in a happy relationship, not all people like it and then they try and drive that wedge. How strong is the faith? Can it withstand extreme hardship? If not, how strong was the faith to begin with? Patience, understanding, humility, forgiveness, compassion is learned through hardship(or hopefully, sometimes you choose bitterness instead). And the more of the good stuff you learn and practice, the closer you are to ? .

I try and stick with universe because the word ? brings up too many things in people, however I do like to use the word ? because ? is broad and possibly impossible to describe.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Look at the story of Job, guy went through hell and he was full of faith. Yeah the story plays out like ? and devil had this convo to stir ? up but jesus 'said' send one devil out and a bunch return(and it's kind of like the convo that plays out in our mind). It's the same when you're in a happy relationship, not all people like it and then they try and drive that wedge. How strong is the faith? Can it withstand extreme hardship? If not, how strong was the faith to begin with? Patience, understanding, humility, forgiveness, compassion is learned through hardship(or hopefully, sometimes you choose bitterness instead). And the more of the good stuff you learn and practice, the closer you are to ? .

I try and stick with universe because the word ? brings up too many things in people, however I do like to use the word ? because ? is broad and possibly impossible to describe.

Yeah the word ? is very broad because so many people have different ideas on what ? is and what it's even capable of, and many don't even believe in a ? . Many believe in multiple gods, etc etc, so it's why I prefer any rare prayers I do going to the universe or whatever life force is out there.

I feel a more spiritual connection to the universe then to any specific ? , as I can see the universe but I can't see any ? or gods. The "relationship" some people claim to have with ? is interesting to me, and even more interesting to me when it seems to be an abusive relationship in some ways, especially when one minute they praise "? " for their blessings but the next minute they may have a horrible case of diabetes or heart attack or worse as their kids stand by helplessly. So it makes me think to myself, what kind of relationship with "? " is that? But some people do claim to get closer to "? " during tough times, yet for some reason others get less religious or change religions as that happens.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    A relationship either is or it isn't. You have one or you don't, the type of relationship doesn't really matter, I mean it does matter because obviously an unhealthy one isn't that much good unless we are looking for the good in the bad or likewise the bad in the good. And as I said sometime before it's really hard to know or understand where or why someone is on the path where they are. It's weird to me to look behind me and wonder why all those people are behind me on the path, I just kick as many stones off the path as I can and hopefully it helps them catch up. Same with looking at the people ahead of me on the path, if I'm always wondering about them I'm likely to stumble. So while I take looks around my surroundings, I mostly focus on myself.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options
    A relationship either is or it isn't. You have one or you don't, the type of relationship doesn't really matter, I mean it does matter because obviously an unhealthy one isn't that much good unless we are looking for the good in the bad or likewise the bad in the good. And as I said sometime before it's really hard to know or understand where or why someone is on the path where they are. It's weird to me to look behind me and wonder why all those people are behind me on the path, I just kick as many stones off the path as I can and hopefully it helps them catch up. Same with looking at the people ahead of me on the path, if I'm always wondering about them I'm likely to stumble. So while I take looks around my surroundings, I mostly focus on myself.

Yeah I mostly focus on my self too, it's not like I'm constantly worrying about other people. Maybe I analyze things too much and I honestly could understand other people claiming to have relationships with ? , but lately a few people I know have been trying to get me into having a "relationship" with their ? , and yet these same people recently have come upon all kinds of weird problems, so it kind of makes me look at them sideways lol. But I still respect their "relationship".

Trust me, I'm definitely focused on my own path overall. I'm actually satisfied with the path I'm on now, but I made this thread partially because a few of my religious friends or relatives (including my mom recently, ugh) have tried to take me off it, and I wanted to understand how some people can justify unanswered prayers.

• BiblicalAtheist
    Options

Yeah I mostly focus on my self too, it's not like I'm constantly worrying about other people. Maybe I analyze things too much and I honestly could understand other people claiming to have relationships with ? , but lately a few people I know have been trying to get me into having a "relationship" with their ? , and yet these same people recently have come upon all kinds of weird problems, so it kind of makes me look at them sideways lol. But I still respect their "relationship".

Trust me, I'm definitely focused on my own path overall. I'm actually satisfied with the path I'm on now, but I made this thread partially because a few of my religious friends or relatives (including my mom recently, ugh) have tried to take me off it, and I wanted to understand how some people can justify unanswered prayers.

Maybe they are jealous of your path? If yours seems to be doing you so well and theirs isn't, ya never know. People like to see you do good, but not better than them, usually. I would assume they justify it the same we all justify things, we just keep coming up with reasons until the nuisance goes away lol.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options

Maybe they are jealous of your path? If yours seems to be doing you so well and theirs isn't, ya never know. People like to see you do good, but not better than them, usually. I would assume they justify it the same we all justify things, we just keep coming up with reasons until the nuisance goes away lol.

I think it's possible there could be a little jealousy that things are going my way in life overall and some of my religious friends and relatives aren't seeing much of the same, but I can't say for sure. When people say only their ? can make my life complete, and yet they see I'm actually comfortable with my path, without their beliefs, I think for some of them, it makes them want to take me off my path more. My aunt for example says people don't pray enough or have faith enough and that's why the world in some places are full of disaster, but then I look at her life and her son's life particularly, a religious guy who suffered a bad heart attack at age 40 and he can barely breath these days. Worst part is he's the breadwinner of his household with 3 kids and an unemployed wife, so I don't see a whole lot of blessings in that situation lol, but what do I know.

Otherwise, people can still find justification for almost anything as you said, but as they like to say, "? works in mysterious ways"....whatever that means. It's a catchy phrase though.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    I mean it is true, the universe/? does work in mysterious ways, I know you could agree, but other times it is definitely just a cop out.

? man, I'd be telling my aunt guess you better start getting up at 4am to pray when everyone else isn't taking up ? 's ears cuz you need some blessings!
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I mean it is true, the universe/? does work in mysterious ways, I know you could agree, but other times it is definitely just a cop out.

? man, I'd be telling my aunt guess you better start getting up at 4am to pray when everyone else isn't taking up ? 's ears cuz you need some blessings!

Yeah, the universe is very mysterious, no matter how you look at it.

I'm tempted to tell my aunt to get into voodoo or something, she's on the Haitian side of my family. Maybe that can help her out, prayer to Jesus has gone only so far. Might be time to try something else lol
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

I'm tempted to tell my aunt to get into voodoo or something, she's on the Haitian side of my family. Maybe that can help her out, prayer to Jesus has gone only so far. Might be time to try something else lol

Prayer doesn't take away things we've done to ourselves or things we asked for or wished for. I tell people when I can to be careful what you wish/ask for cuz you WILL get it just the not the way you EXPECTED to get it, it comes the way the universe thinks you need it to further your understanding. At least this has been my personal experience and the experiences I have witnessed of others. If I spend my time drinking and my liver craps out I cannot beg ? to help me, ? allowed me to do as I wished, prolly even warned me of the consequences, and must allow it follow through or what purpose would it be for ? to give me free will? It seems that is the same with everything that happens in life.

For people who harm children, of course the child has not asked for that, that is a crime perpetrated by an accountable adult to which I believe their crime comes with a high re-compensation for harming the innocent. What that punishment is I do not know and could not know because the re-compensation is not always the same. I'm not implying your uncle did that stuff to himself, or maybe he did I don't know what his lifestyle is, but with how food is the days it could be quite possible he was in unawares of what was happening to his body. It's also hard for me to surmise because I know so little details about your aunt and uncle.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options

Prayer doesn't take away things we've done to ourselves or things we asked for or wished for. I tell people when I can to be careful what you wish/ask for cuz you WILL get it just the not the way you EXPECTED to get it, it comes the way the universe thinks you need it to further your understanding. At least this has been my personal experience and the experiences I have witnessed of others. If I spend my time drinking and my liver craps out I cannot beg ? to help me, ? allowed me to do as I wished, prolly even warned me of the consequences, and must allow it follow through or what purpose would it be for ? to give me free will? It seems that is the same with everything that happens in life.

For people who harm children, of course the child has not asked for that, that is a crime perpetrated by an accountable adult to which I believe their crime comes with a high re-compensation for harming the innocent. What that punishment is I do not know and could not know because the re-compensation is not always the same. I'm not implying your uncle did that stuff to himself, or maybe he did I don't know what his lifestyle is, but with how food is the days it could be quite possible he was in unawares of what was happening to his body. It's also hard for me to surmise because I know so little details about your aunt and uncle.

Yeah I think I know what you mean, like we might pray to better understand ourselves in a way so we can fulfill what we desire, and that might cause someone to be greedy or act foolish with whatever we want to do. That's actually something my aunt's son may have done to himself, he had a heart attack at age 40 this year and it may be due to the fact he is overweight. At the same time, he may have a fat gene or something because my aunt is also a little big herself and she also has heart issues. Ironically, they both are on weight programs and went to the gym, so they did "try" to lose weight.

But at the same time, I eat quite a bit sometimes and yet I'm in good shape, and not part of any gym or weight program. I guess some people just have bad luck genetics wise or maybe her son did eat too much. But all the prayers to get himself in better health despite his true, genuine efforts (from what they said) didn't work out for him. He's lucky to be able to stay in his home without working due to the heart attack but many other people would be really ? up in the same situation. If he doesn't get better he will be though. But it's tough for his kids to see him barely able to breathe, it's not like he's THAT overweight. Maybe 50 pounds or so, which I guess is quite a bit, but he's still young.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

Yeah I think I know what you mean, like we might pray to better understand ourselves in a way so we can fulfill what we desire, and that might cause someone to be greedy or act foolish with whatever we want to do. That's actually something my aunt's son may have done to himself, he had a heart attack at age 40 this year and it may be due to the fact he is overweight. At the same time, he may have a fat gene or something because my aunt is also a little big herself and she also has heart issues. Ironically, they both are on weight programs and went to the gym, so they did "try" to lose weight.

But at the same time, I eat quite a bit sometimes and yet I'm in good shape, and not part of any gym or weight program. I guess some people just have bad luck genetics wise or maybe her son did eat too much. But all the prayers to get himself in better health despite his true, genuine efforts (from what they said) didn't work out for him. He's lucky to be able to stay in his home without working due to the heart attack but many other people would be really ? up in the same situation. If he doesn't get better he will be though. But it's tough for his kids to see him barely able to breathe, it's not like he's THAT overweight. Maybe 50 pounds or so, which I guess is quite a bit, but he's still young.

Well you know it's not the same for everyone. Some people might get diabetes from sugar, others might get heart disease, some people nothing happens, while others develop skin issues or whatever it may be. Maybe his body doesn't tolerant the same foods your body can, so I also recommend people give attention to their body and how things affect them and give less attention to what everyone else can do.

As I've said before ? only answers prayers asking for understanding because it is understanding that will ultimately further your path, not a prayer asking to be in better health. So he could ask for understanding and answers will come and he will notice them if he is keen but more importantly receptive to it and willingly to listen. But the way the body works, once something is ? up and ? up good, it's hard to go back to when it wasn't, the damage is done ya know? and so you have to carry on forward and gather as much understanding about it as you can and do better or use that understanding to help other(kick stones off the path).

It's hard af tho, my body really hates chips but I(my mouth basically) enjoys them so much, I am better now at saying no to them but every few months I just absolutely have to* ? a bag and then I pay for it. And I ask ? why ? let me do that, why don't you give me more strength to say no, but ? has to because of free will, ? must let me do as I choose, even if it kills me.

*not really but I don't reject the compulsion

And one thing I have noticed with ? is when asking for things in your life from ? it seems ? requires something from you, like a sacrifice. So you want something from ? , but what are willing to give up(sacrifice) for ? ?
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    damnkp wrote: »
    I dont think man can answer for ?

... EHHH TRUE AND NOT TRUE..
    MAN(CHRISTIANS) ARE HERE AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FATHER.. SO SOME THINGS CAN BE SPOKEN FOR

According to the prophet Mohammed, the angel Gabriel made a bunch of updates and corrections to the Bible and Torah. Why don't you believe the holy, inspired words of Gabriel, don't you trust the Abrahamic ? 's angels?

..UPDATE TO TUE BIBLE??

WELL, THAT WOULD MAKE THE WORD A LIE THEN, CORRECT?
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Well you know it's not the same for everyone. Some people might get diabetes from sugar, others might get heart disease, some people nothing happens, while others develop skin issues or whatever it may be. Maybe his body doesn't tolerant the same foods your body can, so I also recommend people give attention to their body and how things affect them and give less attention to what everyone else can do.

As I've said before ? only answers prayers asking for understanding because it is understanding that will ultimately further your path, not a prayer asking to be in better health. So he could ask for understanding and answers will come and he will notice them if he is keen but more importantly receptive to it and willingly to listen. But the way the body works, once something is ? up and ? up good, it's hard to go back to when it wasn't, the damage is done ya know? and so you have to carry on forward and gather as much understanding about it as you can and do better or use that understanding to help other(kick stones off the path).

It's hard af tho, my body really hates chips but I(my mouth basically) enjoys them so much, I am better now at saying no to them but every few months I just absolutely have to* ? a bag and then I pay for it. And I ask ? why ? let me do that, why don't you give me more strength to say no, but ? has to because of free will, ? must let me do as I choose, even if it kills me.

*not really but I don't reject the compulsion

And one thing I have noticed with ? is when asking for things in your life from ? it seems ? requires something from you, like a sacrifice. So you want something from ? , but what are willing to give up(sacrifice) for ? ?

I hear what you're saying, I wouldn't be surprised if my uncle had bad habits during his time getting big lol, we all have our bad habits. Sometimes my friends say I drink too much during parties, and sometimes I eat a lot of Klondike bars, but for whatever reason I'm still very fit and in shape, and meanwhile haven't been to the gym in years. I do have discipline in many other ways and get exercise walking around, so I guess that saves me and keeps me in great health.

I guess I can learn from his example, but I'm pretty convinced a fat gene exists, or maybe it's a thyroid issue, as that can make people gain weight too. People with thyroid issues are usually born with it, and that makes diabetes and other issues much worse, which is really unfair but it is what it is at this point. Humans weren't created perfectly.

It is hard to stay away from things that hurt us sometimes and I suppose prayer doesn't change the effects of our actions either way, can it really make people understand their bad habits in a better way though? I'm skeptical on that but hey anything is possible. As far as sacrificing for "? ", I'm not sure what you mean by that. What would I be willing to sacrifice for a ? ?? Hmmm I don't know, depends on what I can get out of the deal hahaha but seriously, I guess it depends on the kind of sacrifice, and if this ? can even be able to prove itself to me. I'm sure my uncle would have sacrificed something, considering how religious he is. To help out my uncle and my homegirl's daughter, I guess I would sacrifice........a mouse or rat?

::shrugs::
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2016
    Options
    damnkp wrote: »
    I dont think man can answer for ?

... EHHH TRUE AND NOT TRUE..
    MAN(CHRISTIANS) ARE HERE AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FATHER.. SO SOME THINGS CAN BE SPOKEN FOR

According to the prophet Mohammed, the angel Gabriel made a bunch of updates and corrections to the Bible and Torah. Why don't you believe the holy, inspired words of Gabriel, don't you trust the Abrahamic ? 's angels?

..UPDATE TO TUE BIBLE??

WELL, THAT WOULD MAKE THE WORD A LIE THEN, CORRECT?

I don't know man, don't you believe in the Abrahamic ? 's angels? If the angel Gabriel said the Bible is outdated and needed updates, maybe the angel Gabriel was right. Maybe the Bible ? wanted his word updated by the Koran.

After all, TWO OUT OF THREE Abrahamic religions claim the Bible is basically not the true word of ? . That might be something to think about.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

I hear what you're saying, I wouldn't be surprised if my uncle had bad habits during his time getting big lol, we all have our bad habits. Sometimes my friends say I drink too much during parties, and sometimes I eat a lot of Klondike bars, but for whatever reason I'm still very fit and in shape, and meanwhile haven't been to the gym in years. I do have discipline in many other ways and get exercise walking around, so I guess that saves me and keeps me in great health.

I guess I can learn from his example, but I'm pretty convinced a fat gene exists, or maybe it's a thyroid issue, as that can make people gain weight too. People with thyroid issues are usually born with it, and that makes diabetes and other issues much worse, which is really unfair but it is what it is at this point. Humans weren't created perfectly.

It is hard to stay away from things that hurt us sometimes and I suppose prayer doesn't change the effects of our actions either way, can it really make people understand their bad habits in a better way though? I'm skeptical on that but hey anything is possible. As far as sacrificing for "? ", I'm not sure what you mean by that. What would I be willing to sacrifice for a ? ?? Hmmm I don't know, depends on what I can get out of the deal hahaha but seriously, I guess it depends on the kind of sacrifice, and if this ? can even be able to prove itself to me. I'm sure my uncle would have sacrificed something, considering how religious he is. To help out my uncle and my homegirl's daughter, I guess I would sacrifice........a mouse or rat?

A sacrifice would be anything you are attached to. Not necessarily a blood sacrifice. Sacrifice meaning giving up something, not killing something(I mean I guess you could consider it killing your attachment to it). So say I felt I really needed ? 's assistance with something, something that would not be within my power to change or have control over, maybe I could sacrifice/give up smoking weed ever again. That would be my offering to ? . That's just an example, it doesn't have to be weed, maybe it could be coffee, or shopping or any other thing you're attached to. The point is what are willing to give up for ? , for ? to do something for you.

Idk, I've just kept rolling with that sort of exchange with ? /universe because it has served me very well. There are many things I still hold onto because at this moment they are more dear to me than ? , which is really ? up if you think about it because what I am basically saying is; these finite, temporary things mean more to me than ? , they're more important, even tho these things offer me nothing but suffering when I cannot enjoy them. So funny is the human mind and experience.

I want to add, anything I have said thus far and previous posts are always said from the stand point that that is my current understanding of things, which is always open to evolution of greater understanding or correction, especially correction because humans are prone to err.

• Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I did not read everything but one thing I know is that asking jesus for something is the wrong way to pray .First off that Jesus thing is a hoax I can explain if yall want ,but one should NEVER ASK when praying only give thanks
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread is proof that every generation gets dumber
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    You excluded tho right?
  • kingblaze84
    Options

A sacrifice would be anything you are attached to. Not necessarily a blood sacrifice. Sacrifice meaning giving up something, not killing something(I mean I guess you could consider it killing your attachment to it). So say I felt I really needed ? 's assistance with something, something that would not be within my power to change or have control over, maybe I could sacrifice/give up smoking weed ever again. That would be my offering to ? . That's just an example, it doesn't have to be weed, maybe it could be coffee, or shopping or any other thing you're attached to. The point is what are willing to give up for ? , for ? to do something for you.

Idk, I've just kept rolling with that sort of exchange with ? /universe because it has served me very well. There are many things I still hold onto because at this moment they are more dear to me than ? , which is really ? up if you think about it because what I am basically saying is; these finite, temporary things mean more to me than ? , they're more important, even tho these things offer me nothing but suffering when I cannot enjoy them. So funny is the human mind and experience.

I want to add, anything I have said thus far and previous posts are always said from the stand point that that is my current understanding of things, which is always open to evolution of greater understanding or correction, especially correction because humans are prone to err.

That's cool I see what you mean, well thinking in the terms of sacrificing a personal habit or whatever, I would say my homegirl has sacrificed a lot, she isn't spending money on herself like she used to, she even went without a fan or AC for about 3 weeks since money is so tight taking care of her daughter's medical bills and rent itself. I've helped her time to time but I feel bad for her struggles this year. She has a decent job but living in NYC with a sick child is a brutal financial experience according to her and some other people I know. Medicare won't take care of all her bills, so she's in for some tough times until her daughter gets better. Sounds like a sacrifice to me. My uncle is sacrificing money himself not working.

Then again, there are people who have it much worse obviously, and I kind of get your point on sacrifice, but damn, that's too much sacrificing, my homegirl has arthritis on top of that and having a sick kid is already exhausting. Maybe that's why many people long ago and even up till this day think sacrificing animals or even humans would favor the gods. Especially since sacrifice is so much of a big part of the human experience already for many people.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »
    I did not read everything but one thing I know is that asking jesus for something is the wrong way to pray .First off that Jesus thing is a hoax I can explain if yall want ,but one should NEVER ASK when praying only give thanks

I hear that but when you say Jesus is a hoax, you mean the hoax of him being a savior or him even existing?