Insecure (Season 2) HBO.

Options

Comments

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Koltrain wrote: »
    I can see Lawrence and Aparna becoming successful with their own mobile app venture...contrast to issa and her career struggling, living on Daniel couch.........catchin facials lol

Um, Issa has a respectable career, don't hate.

200w.gif
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    I can see Lawrence and Aparna becoming successful with their own mobile app venture...contrast to issa and her career struggling, living on Daniel couch.........catchin facials lol

200w.gif

So working with underprivileged children is something to be ashamed of? So what she got reprimanded..who hasn't? Her boss overreacted.

Don't hate on her career choice just cause you don't like her personal decisions.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Issa...shouldnt have said anything.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Posted this earlier on fb. ? hilarious
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Lawrence stay being on his sucka ? !! That sucka ass ? ? up ? with Aparna for nothing. Aparna the type of ? Chad would need to have an affair with if he stepping out on his wife.

So Issa was taking care of Lawrence for 2 years the rent gets raised in those hood ass apartments and this ? gotta move out ASAP.

1*MINb-ejYCab5RKkhqAplDA.gif
    20887173.gif

That ? Lawrence got triggered by ol girl being cool with the ? she ? before him like Issa was with Daniel.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options

200w.gif

So working with underprivileged children is something to be ashamed of? So what she got reprimanded..who hasn't? Her boss overreacted.

Don't hate on her career choice just cause you don't like her personal decisions.

*in my mansplanning voice* okay calm down Kat dont get you knickers in a bunch.

Im just sayin even her attitude show her job aint ? really..
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

200w.gif

how so? Issa is a college graduate and she's working for a nonprofit organization doing something to better the community. What's ain't ? about that?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Lawrence stay being on his sucka ? !! That sucka ass ? ? up ? with Aparna for nothing. Aparna the type of ? Chad would need to have an affair with if he stepping out on his wife.

So Issa was taking care of Lawrence for 2 years the rent gets raised in those hood ass apartments and this ? gotta move out ASAP.

1*MINb-ejYCab5RKkhqAplDA.gif
    20887173.gif

That ? Lawrence got triggered by ol girl being cool with the ? she ? before him like Issa was with Daniel.

Yeah he did, damn ? !!!
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Westie wrote: »

200w.gif

how so? Issa is a college graduate and she's working for a nonprofit organization doing something to better the community. What's ain't ? about that?

They only saying that cuz she don't make a lot. If it paid better all of a sudden her job would be cool...
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not hatin on her career..I'm speaking on the fact that she clearly struggling in her career.. She could've used that promotion seeing how she couldn't afford the rent hike.. She got reprimanded and looked over. She could be in the same position Lawrence was in...thats the irony
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

It isn't so much that he's fat it's just that Molly likes light skin dudes.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Seems like you skipped this post, so allow me to emphasize it again:
    Mister B. wrote: »

giphy.gif

The ? outta here. Iss is a ? hair away from being fired just off of letting that wack-ass VP lock out the Latino students alone. Wouldn't be shocked if she caught dem deavors in S3.

Right now, her job ain't the problem; SHE IS. She let the VP of the school talk (and treat) all sorts of ? about the latino kids in front of her AND Frieda. That ? was discrimination like a muhfucker. I'm willing to bet Frieda went behind her back and reported that ? ....that's probably how Frieda got the promo and Iss didn't.
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think that's gonna be the end of Lawrence on this show. It was like a closure episode. And if not his role is gonna be hella small

Being that he's not with Issa anymore pulls the show in too many directions.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    I think that's gonna be the end of Lawrence on this show. It was like a closure episode. And if not his role is gonna be hella small

No he isn't he will still be prominently featured like he was in the first 2 seasons!!!
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

No he isn't he will still be prominently featured like he was in the first 2 seasons!!!

Why tho? His character isn't really tied to anybody else now except Tasha's boyfriend.

And anything with him and Issa would be just spinning wheels
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aparna is good for Lawrence, but he can't handle a chick like that right now.. He might be better after getting some closure from Issa, but really he need to build his confidence back up. Aparna is leading him in that relationship, leading his ideas at work..not a good foundation for a relationship..

? that ? !

#TeamIssaandLawrence

tenor.gif

I'm not gon tolerate this aparna disrespect b. You gon pay homage to the realest ? on the show on today ? .....

Lol..she cool I guess but Issa and Lawrence belong together. They gon make it!
    giphy.gif
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah its just that molly and issa got hoe tendencies
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Why tho? His character isn't really tied to anybody else now except Tasha's boyfriend.

I was being sarcastic I assume you missed the discussion in this thread from earlier.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see you haven't picked up on the fact that this show shows the insecurity in both Issa and Lawrence. That is just one of the reasons Lawrence will still be featured on the show. If he's not during their break up there was no reason to show Lawrence have a 3-some, ? with Tasha or the little ? he just went through with Aparna.

Just because Issa is the main character doesn't mean everything about the whole show mean no other characters will be developed to have a purpose on the show outside of the main character.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Nah its just that molly and issa got hoe tendencies

It's implied. Earlier in the season Molly said she wasn't feeling the dark skin dude and she couldn't put her finger on why. Even though the dark guy has everything going for him that she was looking for in a man. Most of her love interests have been light skin dudes. The ? guy, Jidenna, the other light skin guy and Dro.