The Logic Of Not Voting ?

Options

Comments

• rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Black folks are like ? Clinton I'm just not voting for anybody in the election.. Meanwhile, there are many white folks who said they don't like Trump straight jumping on his side all of a sudden. Even "lying" Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump. White folks are loyal to the Republican party while people are telling black folks not to be loyal to the Democratic party. Wonder how many Hilary haters are going to vote Trump.

Black people don't have anywhere near as much clout or power as white people in this country, so stop acting like they're equivalent. White people determine the president year after year. Black people didn't get the half breed into office, white people did.
    Well are these candidates wasting their time courting the black vote then? ? been bashing these guys for pandering to get the black vote. Are they wasting their time since we don't have the clout?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's some logic to it.
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    To answer the OP, the logic behind voting is, it is MY CHOICE AND RIGHT to decide if I want to vote or not. There has to be a candidate that I deem worthy enough to spend time out of day to go out and vote for. If there is no candidate that fits the bill, I will not vote, simple logic.

Then there's the personal accountability that comes with voting. If I vote for president X, and president X bombs a foreign land killing civilians, women and children, I am partially responsible. And I refuse to have that kind of blood on my hands.

To quote the great Dead Prez:

Yo, you expect me to vote for the lesser of two evils?
    NEVER!
    It’s more like the evil of two lessers.
    That’s like sayin’ – M! Choose your oppressor!
    Pick one! Jeffery Dahmer or Hannibal Lecter
    You want ? , Coke, Pepsi or Dr. Pepper?
    THEY ALL ? UP and neither one of ‘em better
    Cuz ? is like a Democrat
    ? – Republican
    Marijuana – Independent Party
    SAME GOVERNMENT!
    You really think your vote counts?
    Ask my folk down in Florida didn’t they straight THROW they ? out!
    And them crackas act innocent,
    KNOWING they depend on this
    Benefit from HUSH money from big businesses
    MONEY is the president!
    If CONGRESS can’t make PROGRESS
    Let’s change the PROCESS -
    NO MORE TOMS RUNNIN’ FOR OFFICE!

Only odd thing about this is...how do expect to change the process?

You won't get a plausible answer to this.

But while we are waiting for it to magically change ...

Let's allow an incompetent, bigoted psychopath to run our country and destroy our relationships with the other 95% of the world.

George Bush wasn't all all of that?
    Clinton wasn't all of that?
    George hw Bush wasn't all of that?
    Reagan wasn't all of that?
    Nixon wasn't all of that?
    LBJ wasn't all of that?

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's absolutely no logic to it.
    Bruh ... are you comparing them to Trump?

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    .....and further more lol at you ppl thinking your tax dollars count....at the federal level in a presidential election.

We're ALL being extorted either way..whether you vote, not vote, complain about who you voted for because you think your tax dollars had influence over that specific politician.

Try NOT paying your taxes and see what happens.

Who thinks their tax dollars count????? Who thinks paying taxes isn't ? extortion??? What person with basic knowledge does not understand that lobbyists and corporate money influences politicians???

Sometimes y'all who like to think you're protesting the system by not even participating in it get ahead of yourselves thinking you know more than most people, you don't.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    I'm saying they're all worse than trump because they all have passed legislation that has directly ? black people

Trump has never been in a position to pass oppressive legislation but he will just be doing the same things that are already happening if he is elected. So will hillary, it literally does not matter

Y'all gotta stop believing the media
  • Westie
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    I'm saying they're all worse than trump because they all have passed legislation that has directly ? black people

Trump has never been in a position to pass oppressive legislation but he will just be doing the same things that are already happening if he is elected. So will hillary, it literally does not matter

Okay so just sit out this election and don't even try to do your part to try keeping him from doing that. Example... Pass the stop-and-frisk law Nationwide. Yeah Hillary and Trump are completely the same person you should just sit this out because you're so ? smart.

Literally takes nothing to vote and even if you think it doesn't matter so the ? what? What does it hurt?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think people should do and be allowed to do whatever they want

If you want to vote, vote but don't tell anybody who's not why they should and vice versa

Show me one time in the history of civilization, voting or any form of peaceful protest/rebellion led to the change an oppressed people were looking for

The name calling against people who choose not to is weird to me

Voting/not voting is no different than Dem/Rep in my view

Both sides want the same thing but have different ideologies on how to get there..who's to say your way or my way is better but we can look at history

Unless you been in them rooms, you speaking off beliefs/opinions just like the next man

My ancestors/OGs ain't die for the right to vote, they died to be free and I believe that's the path I'm walking

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they actually died for the right to vote.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    .....and further more lol at you ppl thinking your tax dollars count....at the federal level in a presidential election.

We're ALL being extorted either way..whether you vote, not vote, complain about who you voted for because you think your tax dollars had influence over that specific politician.

Who thinks their tax dollars count????? Who thinks paying taxes isn't ? extortion??? What person with basic knowledge does not understand that lobbyists and corporate money influences politicians???

Sometimes y'all who like to think you're protesting the system by not even participating in it get ahead of yourselves thinking you know more than most people, you don't.

@ bolded.
    People who think paying taxes gives them more reason to complain about policies of an elected official that they chose to vote for more than someone that chose not to vote.

I'm not saying I'm not voting because I know more or less than anyone, I'm not voting because I have come to my personal conclusion that I don't support Hillary Clinton's policy history or Donald Trump's present campaign.

To add, I grew up in high crime areas where taking the garbage to your curb could get you questioned by the police, lived a lot of different places,and been pulled over more times for "looking suspicious" and for the purposes of questioning my legal status (parole or probation) more so than any actual violation. I've probably had 35 non warranted contacts with the police under their suspicion off the way I look alone (between ages 17-30). Stop and frisk although I certainly don't want it....because it is all the way ? up.....doesn't scare me....and I'm not going to support Hillary to avoid it.....and Hillary never said Stop and Frisk was wrong, she said it was ineffective.....and unconstitutional because in part because it was ineffective which leads me to wonder what does she think is effective ( for the super predators )....
  • Peace_79
    Options

So the only damage a president could possibly do to the country ... is to pass a law that directly affects black people?

The comprehensive scope and influence of their office amounts to ... "laws that directly affect black people".

Wars
    Terrorism
    Education
    Women's Rights
    Trade Policy
    Healthcare
    Economy
    Foreign Policy
    Gun Policy
    Immigration

To name a few. None of that matters ...

Let's assume that you are correct.

Let's assume that we live in a vacuum in which the only issue issue that remotely affects us or even matters whatsoever ... includes "laws that directly affect black people".

It is objectively true that Trump is an immensely more dangerous proposition for the African American community.

His LEADING proposal during a presidential election (you know the "too good to be true ? " ... the best ? he's got) is to implement nationwide Stop and Frisk...

You would choose WORSE treatment over BAD treatment... just to prove a point to yourself?

Cut off your nose to spite your face?

I guess I'm too logical to get down like that.

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there's ABSOLUTE logic to it..

Cosign! Tariq already broke this down several times. The info is out there.T/S simply just has to look for it.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how many people are members of a church that go hard for voting during the presidential election
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

But he's damn sure been sued over his racist housing practices. Him and his daddy was pretty much Donald Sterling of the east coast.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When given the option of choosing between the "lesser of two evils", choose righteousness.

Being that the "american dream" isn't my narrative, I don't participate in that narrative. I have enough game and discernment to recognize that these policy makers are our oppressors and
    I refuse to consciously participate in my own oppression. But I will and do actively participate in my and our freedom. I don't vote, I don't believe in this system, This is all a game. I don't ? with jury duty either. I also know that this is not a broken system. The system is working exactly the way it was designed and there is no "fixing it from the inside". But we can create and build a new one. It will be work, but it will be ours.

But I am out here putting in much work and making change in my community regardless of policy.

If you're going to vote, vote for yourself, vote for your people, vote for your community.

Where do I register for Revolution?
  • Westie
    Options

@ bolded.
    People who think paying taxes gives them more reason to complain about policies of an elected official that they chose to vote for more than someone that chose not to vote.

I'm not saying I'm not voting because I know more or less than anyone, I'm not voting because I have come to my personal conclusion that I don't support Hillary Clinton's policy history or Donald Trump's present campaign.

To add, I grew up in high crime areas where taking the garbage to your curb could get you questioned by the police, lived a lot of different places,and been pulled over more times for "looking suspicious" and for the purposes of questioning my legal status (parole or probation) more so than any actual violation. I've probably had 35 non warranted contacts with the police under their suspicion off the way I look alone (between ages 17-30). Stop and frisk although I certainly don't want it....because it is all the way ? up.....doesn't scare me....and I'm not going to support Hillary to avoid it.....and Hillary never said Stop and Frisk was wrong, she said it was ineffective.....and unconstitutional because in part because it was ineffective which leads me to wonder what does she think is effective ( for the super predators )....

She has at least AT THE PRESENT TIME said it's not ok for these police killings to take place. There will never be a perfect candidate, but ok act as if the blatant racism that has come out of trumps mouth is on par with Hillary is crazy af. You may not like all of Hillarys old policies or trust her, so that means sitting it out and getting one step closer to getting this blatant racist to become the president of a country you live in? You're allowed this right, you don't have to do anything, I just think it's ridiculous.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    I think people should do and be allowed to do whatever they want

If you want to vote, vote but don't tell anybody who's not why they should and vice versa

Show me one time in the history of civilization, voting or any form of peaceful protest/rebellion led to the change an oppressed people were looking for

The name calling against people who choose not to is weird to me

Voting/not voting is no different than Dem/Rep in my view

Both sides want the same thing but have different ideologies on how to get there..who's to say your way or my way is better but we can look at history

Unless you been in them rooms, you speaking off beliefs/opinions just like the next man

My ancestors/OGs ain't die for the right to vote, they died to be free and I believe that's the path I'm walking

I don't believe in speaking off of beliefs because the legislation I'm talking about is public record

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what any president in American history has ever done for black people

Most black people vote because you are told to vote. That's it. If you truly understood the system you'd understand that voting for a president is irrelevant. No one gets to that position unless they are firmly bought

And as I said before, the Clinton foundation stole billions from Haiti and left it in an even worse state than the earthquake did AND they brought cholera back to the island, but y'all don't care because THOSE black people are "over there".

I guess y'all think the Clinton's are gonna treat the black people over here better smh
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Asians don't actively vote & participate in elections, but they have economic power so their voices/concerns get heard.

We voted for Obama overwhelmingly twice & we didn't get any favorable policy.

The Democratic party has been using black folks for votes for multiple generations.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's some logic to not voting, though I'm voting 3rd party this year for Jill Stein, I definitely understand why someone wouldn't vote this year. Trump or Hilary both are gonna be bad for the country long term, both are warmongers and I have a feeling Hillary is dying to start some beef with Iran or Russia when she gets elected, among other nations. Neither Trump or Hillary can be trusted, so boycotting this election makes a lot of sense. Although Hillary is better then Trump in several ways, I don't want my conscience being on whatever ? she's gonna be on when she's in office. She voted for the war in Iraq and is a slave to Israel, I don't trust Hillary for ? .
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To answer the OP, the logic behind voting is, it is MY CHOICE AND RIGHT to decide if I want to vote or not. There has to be a candidate that I deem worthy enough to spend time out of day to go out and vote for. If there is no candidate that fits the bill, I will not vote, simple logic.

Then there's the personal accountability that comes with voting. If I vote for president X, and president X bombs a foreign land killing civilians, women and children, I am partially responsible. And I refuse to have that kind of blood on my hands.

To quote the great Dead Prez:

Yo, you expect me to vote for the lesser of two evils?
    NEVER!
    It’s more like the evil of two lessers.
    That’s like sayin’ – M! Choose your oppressor!
    Pick one! Jeffery Dahmer or Hannibal Lecter
    You want ? , Coke, Pepsi or Dr. Pepper?
    THEY ALL ? UP and neither one of ‘em better
    Cuz ? is like a Democrat
    ? – Republican
    Marijuana – Independent Party
    SAME GOVERNMENT!
    You really think your vote counts?
    Ask my folk down in Florida didn’t they straight THROW they ? out!
    And them crackas act innocent,
    KNOWING they depend on this
    Benefit from HUSH money from big businesses
    MONEY is the president!
    If CONGRESS can’t make PROGRESS
    Let’s change the PROCESS -
    NO MORE TOMS RUNNIN’ FOR OFFICE!

Amen brotha, it's exactly why I refuse to vote for Hillary, although she may be slightly better then Trump
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    The USA is literally a private corporation. The President of the United States Inc. is the president of a company. The president of a company is rarely the owner of the company, so the president of that company always answers to the owner(s). The president is an employee. If the problem is the company and its owners, why does it matter who the next general manager is? If I know the problem is the company, then it's time for me to do what I got to do, make the right moves and be an entrepreneur.
  • Peace_79
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Cuz equal pay for women isn't a black issue
    Cuz ? rights arent black issues
    Cuz police relations aren't black issues
    Cuz the state of economy isn't a black issue
    Cuz the tax code isn't a black issue
    Cuz affordable education isn't a black issue
    Cuz maternity/paternity leave isn't a black issue
    Cuz affordable child care isn't a black issue
    Cuz clean, renewable energy isn't a black issue
    Cuz anti-terrorism strategy isn't a black issue
    Cuz foreign policy / foreign relations isn't a black issue
    Cuz trade policy, the global economy isn't a black issue

None of that "affects black people" ...

We shouldn't care what the president plans to do about it.

• Peace_79
    Options
    I bet a lot of y'all don't even know the platform she is running on ...

Didn't even factor that into your decision.

? - If you ain't voting cuz you're frustrated ... or you just don't like the ? - I can respect that.

Just don't sit here and tell me this is your self-ritcheous way of "saving America".
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    I bet a lot of y'all don't even know the platform she is running on ...

Didn't even factor that into your decision.

? - If you ain't voting cuz you're frustrated ... or you just don't like the ? - I can respect that.

Just don't sit here and tell me this is your self-ritcheous way of "saving America".

I can only speak for myself on this but my decision to not vote isn't at all about saving america, its ideas/dream or its system. My decision to not vote and the actions in my community are about creating and establishing a completely new one. Starting over is a inevitable part of life. Recognizing that I'd rather be more in alignment with the cause that the effect.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

@ bolded.

She has at least AT THE PRESENT TIME said it's not ok for these police killings to take place.There will never be a perfect candidate, but ok act as if the blatant racism that has come out of trumps mouth is on par with Hillary is crazy af. You may not like all of Hillarys old policies or trust her, so that means sitting it out and getting one step closer to getting this blatant racist to become the president of a country you live in? You're allowed this right, you don't have to do anything, I just think it's ridiculous.

@ bolded
    You're absolutely right.

.....and it's called pandering. Why? Because even with the parade of Black Death and protests all through the public consciousness and news, she has proposed no actionable plan. Only empathatic and vague words. Nothing of substance. I don't like clintons new policies in regards to the racial dynamic because she hasn't proposed any. My only conclusion is the present shitshow slow drip of unarmed Black Deaths will continue while we look the other way and give police money for reforms which do as they did in 2015, 14, 13.......There is nothing there.

The only concern I have about having a blatant racist in office vs a current silent denial of systematic racism is the emboldening of the populous.

Other than that even if trump wins ? it, the world needs to see America for what it is.