The Logic Of Not Voting ?

Options

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's some logic to it.
    Who knew @Westie is an agent. Damn shame.

Some of you going too hard for your oppressor. It's disgusting.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

Michael Eric Dyson has diarrhea at the mouth. He's a very intelligent man but he always has this long ass speech that mentally drowns you out. Plus he wouldn't let Eddie finish his point. Once Eddie start getting to the main points he kept trying to intervene.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    There's absolutely no logic to it.
    Who knew @Westie is an agent. Damn shame.

Some of you going too hard for your oppressor. It's disgusting.

An agent? ? is wrong with yall? Ughhhhhh

Y'all smart dumb ? irk me.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    NOT voting is the stupidest ? I've heard all year.

You don't like either of these goofy muhfuckas? VOTE 3RD PARTY.

You don't like the 3rd party choices (cause Gary Johnson is being a colossial ? idiot right now, and Jill ain't getting NO airtime), WRITE-IN SOMEONE.

But, VOTE.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

You don't like the 3rd party (cause Gary is being a colossial ? idiot right now), WRITE-IN SOMEONE.

But, VOTE.

Gavin Micah Dormer is getting my vote.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You're right. Let's make it mandatory for everyone to vote. Right?

I can see voting for the lesser evil, but it determines how evil we're talking. There are extremes and to some voters the extremes are what matter AND range in different degrees of extreme for each voter.
    One thing I always tell folks who say "your ancestors died so you could vote," is that "my ancestors died so I could have the right to vote."
    Basically, if someone cannot feel at peace with voting for either candidate then don't vote if you truly do not want to or feel it right. It's a decision and their right for a reason. If it wasn't then why not just make it mandatory to vote.

Sidenote on a different slant:
    I don't believe it is necessary for someone to have an opinion on everything. I usually have an opinion on 90% of things I see, but I can respect someone saying they truly in their biology and mental mindframe at a certain moment in their life don't have a particular care on (insert any given issue) an issue they might not know enough about or are confused about or want to not address. If that person is being truthful in their neutrality is up to them, but if it's sincere and true then I get it.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    You're right. Let's make it mandatory for everyone to vote. Right?

I can see voting for the lesser evil, but it determines how evil we're talking. There are extremes and to some voters the extremes are what matter AND range in different degrees of extreme for each voter.
    One thing I always tell folks who say "your ancestors died so you could vote," is that "my ancestors died so I could have the right to vote."
    Basically, if someone cannot feel at peace with voting for either candidate then don't vote if you truly do not want to or feel it right. It's a decision and their right for a reason. If it wasn't then why not just make it mandatory to vote.

Sidenote on a different slant:
    I don't believe it is necessary for someone to have an opinion on everything. I usually have an opinion on 90% of things I see, but I can respect someone saying they truly in their biology and mental mindframe at a certain moment in their life don't have a particular care on (insert any given issue) an issue they might not know enough about or are confused about or want to not address. If that person is being truthful in their neutrality is up to them, but if it's sincere and true then I get it.

Y07Vg.gif
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think it should be mandatory, but I think it should be a holiday where everybody gets the day off.
    Whether people vote or not is up to them, but it should be easy and accessible.
  • Mister B.
    Options
    I don't think it should be mandatory, but I think it should be a holiday where everybody gets the day off.
    Whether people vote or not is up to them, but it should be easy and accessible.

Election Day IS a holiday, dude.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    Can somebody please tell me what makes Trump so bad? I have not been following it much but he always seems like a cool down to earth kind of guy, what has he done that was so bad?

This was an honest question I really wanna know the answer to, but instead of getting an answer I just get flagged and buried? can somebody please tell me why he gets so much heat? I heard he called women pigs lol I have called women a lot worse that does not make me bad we all say ? , I like the way Trump isn't (or doesn't seem to be) media trained, Hillary is just talking ? she comes from the same crew as Bush and Obama, before anyone says it yes I know I am not an American I am just giving my opinion from the outside looking in, so can anybody tell me why Trump is so hated?

Omgggg please don't even bother. If you wanted to really know, you have an Internet connection.

Www.google.com

So you cannot answer my question but you can type an essay of ? in this thread? OK I understand now, you answered my question right there, so you all hate Trump because that's what the news tells you to do, ? sheep BAHHH BAHHH BAHHH.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    America is doomed.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can somebody please tell me what makes Trump so bad? I have not been following it much but he always seems like a cool down to earth kind of guy, what has he done that was so bad?

This was an honest question I really wanna know the answer to, but instead of getting an answer I just get flagged and buried? can somebody please tell me why he gets so much heat? I heard he called women pigs lol I have called women a lot worse that does not make me bad we all say ? , I like the way Trump isn't (or doesn't seem to be) media trained, Hillary is just talking ? she comes from the same crew as Bush and Obama, before anyone says it yes I know I am not an American I am just giving my opinion from the outside looking in, so can anybody tell me why Trump is so hated?

Omgggg please don't even bother. If you wanted to really know, you have an Internet connection.

Www.google.com

So you cannot answer my question but you can type an essay of ? in this thread? OK I understand now, you answered my question right there, so you all hate Trump because that's what the news tells you to do, ? sheep BAHHH BAHHH BAHHH.

You have no grounds to call anybody sheep, you follow an old fictional book called the bible. Fohwtbs
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Www.google.com

Your question isn't serious.

If your question is serious ... than I can't take you or what you say seriously.

• smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump will be worse for everyone except the 1%.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You don't like the 3rd party choices (cause Gary Johnson is being a colossial ? idiot right now, and Jill ain't getting NO airtime), WRITE-IN SOMEONE.

But, VOTE.

Another example of a person who doesn't know what they're talking about

You're just repeating what you heard from someone else

You didn't name any valid reasons for a black person to vote in the presidential election

And for the 1000th time, the popular vote does not matter
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Www.google.com

If your question is serious ... than I can't take you or what you say seriously.

This doesn't make sense

How can you judge a person if you don't know anything about them?

You should definitely be able to name some substantial reasons why you don't like trump since you're pushing so hard against him

Once again, I don't care either way, it's just disingenuous
  • Mister B.
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

But, VOTE.

You didn't name any valid reasons for a black person to vote in the presidential election

You are lost. At least you're right about the popular vote....unless you live in a swing state, when it totally does matter.

By the way, by not voting you give these Cacs ammo who say we're to lazy to do anything about our own concerns.

That's the problem with you pseudo-militant "revolutionairies"....y'all swear y'all are doing ? to help out the communities, but in reality, most of you are just keyboard warriors who don't have a ? clue how to help out, except give self-righteous statements.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Www.google.com

This doesn't make sense

You should definitely be able to name some substantial reasons why you don't like trump since you're pushing so hard against him

1. You don't "know any of us" yet you presume all of us are "sheep" for having an opinion that differs than yours. Hypocritical much?

2. Trump's glaring drawbacks are obvious to any person above grade school age who is paying attention ... even amongst his most avid supporters.

3. There have been dozens of posts throughout this thread and other threads across the GNS forum in which the danger Trump poses to our country has been articulated in fine detail

4. If for some reason, one was oblivious to these obvious drawbacks ... it would take 20 seconds on Google to get up to speed

5. Again ... If a grown adult cannot form their own conclusion as to why one might consider Trump to be "so bad" - I, for one, cannot take them seriously.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

But, VOTE.

You are lost. At least you're right about the popular vote....unless you live in a swing state, when it totally does matter.

By the way, by not voting you give these Cacs ammo who say we're to lazy to do anything about our own concerns.

That's the problem with you pseudo-militant "revolutionairies"....y'all swear y'all are doing ? to help out the communities, but in reality, most of you are just keyboard warriors who don't have a ? clue how to help out, except give self-righteous statements.

You seem to be imagining a lot about me based on your own feelings. Please stop trying to "figure me out" you're only gonna confuse yourself. Read my words for comprehension

I give you facts about the political machine/process and you get emotional and try and change the subject. Electoral college members DO NOT have to vote the way that the people of their state vote PERIOD

Once again, I'm still waiting for anyone to tell me a positive thing that any president in the history of this country has done specifically for black people.

You seem to think you know what you're talking about so this should be easy for you to answer

Please don't say freeing slaves
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

But, VOTE.

Bruh that is why arguing or even debating with them is like debating with a female. They will do anything to win a debate. Calling for revolution but cant survive when the internet goes down.

Edit: I may not agree with you but if you are putting in work then I will support you.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

Www.google.com

This doesn't make sense

1. You don't "know any of us" yet you presume all of us are "sheep" for having an opinion that differs than yours. Hypocritical much?

2. Trump's glaring drawbacks are obvious to any person above grade school age who is paying attention ... even amongst his most avid supporters.

3. There have been dozens of posts throughout this thread and other threads across the GNS forum in which the danger Trump poses to our country has been articulated in fine detail

4. If for some reason, one was oblivious to these obvious drawbacks ... it would take 20 seconds on Google to get up to speed

5. Again ... If a grown adult cannot form their own conclusion as to why one might consider Trump to be "so bad" - I, for one, cannot take them seriously.

I didn't call everyone sheep, I called people like you sheep

Once again, you talk around the fact that you can't name any specific reasons why YOU SPECIFICALLY DON'T LIKE TRUMP

Which just means that you're parroting propaganda that you heard somewhere else. Your opinion is devoid of any intellectual thought on your end

I never give an opinion that I can't back up with evidence right on the spot and I've done that in many threads now.

Once again, your post was mostly talking points and buzzwords.

Why don't YOU SPECIFICALLY like trump? Why do you SPECIFICALLY like hillary? Why do you think they're different?(They are completely the same)
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

But, VOTE.

Bruh that is why arguing or even debating with them is like debating with a female. They will do anything to win a debate. Calling for revolution but cant survive when the internet goes down.

Edit: I may not agree with you but if you are putting in work then I will support you.

Are you talking about me?
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bet these broke ass white folks who support Trump are going to have their ? out at the polls on election day. Trump aint for them either, but they're loving his ass.