Comments

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's some logic to it.
    7figz wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    And I'm not knocking anybody's decision not to vote, but what's the benefit of trying to convince other people not to vote - like there's some kind of power in not voting or like they're going to lose something by voting ?

I'm not sure who in here is telling people not to vote

All I've said is that there's no reason to because that's not how a president is decided. Whether you choose to vote or not is on you but every 4 years it's this exact same show and people, especially black people, put so much energy into it and get absolutely nothing out of it

I'm just asking what has it EVER done for black people and no one can answer me

And pretty much every single "political opinion" in here is just a reciting of someone else's opinion

No personal thought added

Not saying you was trying to convince somebody not to vote, but I've seen it from some of the "not voting" crowd.

As far as reciting other people's opinion, I can easily give reasons why I ain't ? with Trump.

- Dude's a fake and a racist.

Besides the lawsuits they talk about, and the ? he does right now. Look how dude was pushing for the death penalty in the Central Park jogger ? ? . Even when those dudes got found innocent, this MF was still pushing ? .

Fake because dude plays to whatever crowd is in front of him, even saying ? that's blatantly obvious he won't / can't do.

Look at all the racists he got supporting him.

- Dude's a ? ' weirdo...

Those clips with his daughter are ? ' creepy and I don't trust dude.

- Dude's too unhinged and childish.

I mean, bruh, every ? ' conversation ... every time this dude opens his mouth, it's some childish finger-pointing ? . Dude doesn't own up to one MF shady thing he does.

- Dude wants to make the cop situation worse with Black people.

Stop and frisk nationwide ? FOH
    Law and order PERIOD ? FOH

I mean the list goes on and on, so to say that people who might be choosing to vote Anti-Trump don't really have an opinion is ridiculous.

You're the first one so far to back up your opinion, so I was just speaking the truth at the time

Voting "anti-trump" is also a form of control that the dominant society has over you. There's a legal term for it but I forget the name

Voting for the perceived "lesser of 2 evils" isn't logical because your perception may not line up with everyone's.

I can and have written titangraphs on why clinton has been more systematically oppressive on black people than trump EVER has("superpredator" and "wilding" come to mind immediately, as well as haiti)

And we can get deep on that topic too
    http://maroonedinmarin.blogspot.com/2010/01/bill-clinton-on-obama-few-years-ago.html
    (Arkansas Trooper) Larry Patterson confirmed that he frequently heard Bill Clinton use "? " to refer to both Jesse Jackson and local Little Rock black leader Robert "Say" McIntosh. Longtime Clinton paramour Dolly Kyle Browning corroborated Patterson on Clinton's use of "? ." "Not only did he use the 'N' word, he called him a 'GDN' [? ? ], if you catch my drift," Browning told Fox News in 1999. [NewsMax, 17 July 2000] Brown also told NewsMax that the president would regularly make derogatory comments about African-Americans in private. "He has used the 'N' word before. Bill would make snide remarks about blacks behind their backs." [Carl Limbacher and NewsMax Staff, 17 July 2000]

Patterson said Hillary was no stranger to the "N" word either. He heard her say "? " "probably six, eight, ten times. She would be upset with someone in the black community and she would use the 'N' word, like, you heard they've got the president's brother on tape using the 'N' word." [NewsMax, 17 July 2000]

It's all in the family: Captured on videotape when Arkansas state police had Hillary's brother-in-law Roger Clinton under surveillance for dealing ? in 1984, Roger stated: "Some junior high ? kicked Steve's ass while he was trying to help his brothers out; junior high or sophomore in high school. Whatever it was, Steve had the ? down. However it was, it was Steve's fault. He had the ? down, he let him up. The ? blindsided him." [NewsMax, 17 July 2000]
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    If there's power in voting, there's power in not voting

I dont believe in not voting as some kind of success admittedly, but would you mind elaborating? I'd just like to see the mentality.

What's the success in voting for a president?

Why do you feel like not voting has to be some kind of win? You're just abstaining from the game because it's already been decided

How has it been decided? Why do they try so hard to get minorities to not vote? From risking lawsuits to pass unconstitutional laws, etc.. Why do exit polls coincide with actual results (who the people say they voted for coincides with who the numbers actually support). I used to be apathetic about it but only because of where i was at that time but I always recognized the purpose and effect of voting. The more people who vote for someone, the greater chance for them to win. Im not a big conspiracy guy. You can find conspiracies in pretty much everything but I dont have time to turn things into "something else" and all that. Sometimes its just cause A-effect B. Im not even really a partisan there are certain circumstances when some Republican policies can have some benefits. But this isnt the time for that nonsense. Just from a simple sense standpoint.

But this entire post is you feeding into the orchestrated game. The president is decided years in advance, they usually start to receive heightened more focused media coverage at the national convention prior to when they run.

And the electoral college decides the president, and the electoral college has no obligation to vote how YOU want them to. They vote how they are told, it's just not you telling them

Why do you look at exit polls like they're not just propaganda. "Exit polls" ALWAYS vary depending on what news station you're watching

It's not about being "apathetic" and it seems like a lot of y'all are trying to fit my stance into some kind of box that it doesn't go into.

The electoral college will vote a president in no matter what you do. You saw in your own lifetime a president lose the popular vote and STILL get elected

But aside from that, what has voting for a president ever done specifically for black people?

The electoral college works like this, if more people vote for a Presidential candidate, then that candidate wins that state. So if you want a candidate to win it only makes sense to turn out to try to help that candidate win your state. Thats the Presidential election, the other more local elections dont go with this system. As far as the other stuff, like I said im not a big conspiracy guy. Imagination can twist things into allkinda ways. I dont follow that type of thinking just not my thing so I just go with the concept the more people who vote for A, the more chance A has to win. thats all im interested in because I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise. And I understand the electoral college. Ive seen how important they know votes are too. They have shown it over and over.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx is an idiot.

When it comes to how politics work, I will have to agree.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    And I'm not knocking anybody's decision not to vote, but what's the benefit of trying to convince other people not to vote - like there's some kind of power in not voting or like they're going to lose something by voting ?

A lot of em fear those people voting. As many have stated. In general the more people who vote, the worse it is for Republicans. Thats how they won those midterms. People only came out for the Presidential elections and Republicans were able to win a lot of elections due to low turnout. They say, for instance Georgia is already a blue state but due to people not voting its politically a red state...for the time being. The Republicans dont want those people to come out and turn it of course. Its good that their agenda is becoming so transparent and apparent I think.

Why can't y'all understand that democrats and republicans are the same thing at the top level?

I dont agree with this at all. Compare for the economy of Clinton to Bush. Compare one of the strongest economies ever to one of the weakest, the biggest recession since the great depression. The wars, etc. Compared to Obama presidency improved economy, lowered unemployment, different international climate, etc. There are obviously great differences. Any mature person paying attention can see that. Thats just from an objective standpoint and supported by numbers and facts. It makes a difference.

This is incorrect

The current MULTI-TRILLION student loan debt total across lower middle class and lower class us citizens is 100% clinton's fault. How is all that student loan debt helping anyone??

Also did you forget about the tech bubble mini-recession at the end of clinton's 2nd term??

Once again, they are 2 sides to the same coin. You fell for the long con with clinton, bush was just an up front oppressor
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

I dont believe in not voting as some kind of success admittedly, but would you mind elaborating? I'd just like to see the mentality.
    Mister B. wrote: »

Ummm....there isn't. Because more than 40% of the eligible voting populous already doesn't vote. So it allows people whom NOBODY wants to skate in without doing less work. How is that power?

I feel stupid even having to explain this concept but how is there power in voting but not power in not voting

If we vote, person A wins
    Don't vote, person B wins

If we vote and it doesn't effect the outcome, then what we arguing about

What has person A ever done for you to earn your vote??
  • JJ_Evans
    Options

Ummm....there isn't. Because more than 40% of the eligible voting populous already doesn't vote. So it allows people whom NOBODY wants to skate in without doing less work. How is that power?

I feel stupid even having to explain this concept but how is there power in voting but not power in not voting

If we vote and it doesn't effect the outcome
    , then what we arguing about
    Bro, come on dawg......

Read what you're typing.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    NOT voting is the stupidest ? I've heard all year.

You don't like either of these goofy muhfuckas? VOTE 3RD PARTY.

You don't like the 3rd party choices (cause Gary Johnson is being a colossial ? idiot right now, and Jill ain't getting NO airtime), WRITE-IN SOMEONE.

But, VOTE.

Another example of a person who doesn't know what they're talking about

You're just repeating what you heard from someone else

You didn't name any valid reasons for a black person to vote in the presidential election

And for the 1000th time, the popular vote does not matter

You are lost. At least you're right about the popular vote....unless you live in a swing state, when it totally does matter.

By the way, by not voting you give these Cacs ammo who say we're to lazy to do anything about our own concerns.

That's the problem with you pseudo-militant "revolutionairies"....y'all swear y'all are doing ? to help out the communities, but in reality, most of you are just keyboard warriors who don't have a ? clue how to help out, except give self-righteous statements.

Bruh that is why arguing or even debating with them is like debating with a female. They will do anything to win a debate. Calling for revolution but cant survive when the internet goes down.

Edit: I may not agree with you but if you are putting in work then I will support you.

Are you talking about me?

@xxCivicxx
    Are you a "pseudo-militant "revolutionairies"? If that is a yes....................Then yes I am talking about you.

Funny me and you have had this same convo before. And I invited you help out for a charity event. To put in some good work.

So I will invite for my next charity event. I am setting up a toy drive for my church.
  • xxCivicxx
    edited October 2016
    Options

What's the success in voting for a president?

Why do you feel like not voting has to be some kind of win? You're just abstaining from the game because it's already been decided

How has it been decided? Why do they try so hard to get minorities to not vote? From risking lawsuits to pass unconstitutional laws, etc.. Why do exit polls coincide with actual results (who the people say they voted for coincides with who the numbers actually support). I used to be apathetic about it but only because of where i was at that time but I always recognized the purpose and effect of voting. The more people who vote for someone, the greater chance for them to win. Im not a big conspiracy guy. You can find conspiracies in pretty much everything but I dont have time to turn things into "something else" and all that. Sometimes its just cause A-effect B. Im not even really a partisan there are certain circumstances when some Republican policies can have some benefits. But this isnt the time for that nonsense. Just from a simple sense standpoint.

But this entire post is you feeding into the orchestrated game. The president is decided years in advance, they usually start to receive heightened more focused media coverage at the national convention prior to when they run.

And the electoral college decides the president, and the electoral college has no obligation to vote how YOU want them to. They vote how they are told, it's just not you telling them

Why do you look at exit polls like they're not just propaganda. "Exit polls" ALWAYS vary depending on what news station you're watching

It's not about being "apathetic" and it seems like a lot of y'all are trying to fit my stance into some kind of box that it doesn't go into.

The electoral college will vote a president in no matter what you do. You saw in your own lifetime a president lose the popular vote and STILL get elected

But aside from that, what has voting for a president ever done specifically for black people?

The electoral college works like this, if more people vote for a Presidential candidate, then that candidate wins that state. So if you want a candidate to win it only makes sense to turn out to try to help that candidate win your state. Thats the Presidential election, the other more local elections dont go with this system. As far as the other stuff, like I said im not a big conspiracy guy. Imagination can twist things into allkinda ways. I dont follow that type of thinking just not my thing so I just go with the concept the more people who vote for A, the more chance A has to win. thats all im interested in because I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise. And I understand the electoral college. Ive seen how important they know votes are too. They have shown it over and over.

Yes I know how the electoral college works, it works like I just said

They are encouraged to vote how their state population votes but they do not have to at all

Just like they didn't in 2000

I'm not sure why you keep using the word conspiracy. You seem to be trying to discredit my posts. I'm not sure why, I think I've been pretty restrained so far and I'm just posting facts

You're falling for the tradition, you're not really understanding the practical application
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    NOT voting is the stupidest ? I've heard all year.

You don't like either of these goofy muhfuckas? VOTE 3RD PARTY.

You don't like the 3rd party choices (cause Gary Johnson is being a colossial ? idiot right now, and Jill ain't getting NO airtime), WRITE-IN SOMEONE.

But, VOTE.

Another example of a person who doesn't know what they're talking about

You're just repeating what you heard from someone else

You didn't name any valid reasons for a black person to vote in the presidential election

And for the 1000th time, the popular vote does not matter

You are lost. At least you're right about the popular vote....unless you live in a swing state, when it totally does matter.

By the way, by not voting you give these Cacs ammo who say we're to lazy to do anything about our own concerns.

That's the problem with you pseudo-militant "revolutionairies"....y'all swear y'all are doing ? to help out the communities, but in reality, most of you are just keyboard warriors who don't have a ? clue how to help out, except give self-righteous statements.

Bruh that is why arguing or even debating with them is like debating with a female. They will do anything to win a debate. Calling for revolution but cant survive when the internet goes down.

Edit: I may not agree with you but if you are putting in work then I will support you.

Are you talking about me?

@xxCivicxx
    Are you a "pseudo-militant "revolutionairies"? If that is a yes....................Then yes I am talking about you.

Funny me and you have had this same convo before. And I invited you help out for a charity event. To put in some good work.

So I will invite for my next charity event. I am setting up a toy drive for my church.

I don't remember this talk that you're talking about, I'm not sure what point you're making but your previous post was passive aggressive so I directly asked you if you were talking about me.

I'm the only person in here making the points I'm making so it was a logical jump correct?

I'm also not sure what a toy drive has to do with this topic, you seem to be trying to change the subject

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's absolutely no logic to it.
    Let these conspiracy theory revolutionists tell it, American presidents and all other elected officials have already been planned out for the next 50 years and we are all literally plugged into the Matrix.

xxCivicxx is Neo.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    It's weird seeing black people cling so hard to a system that has done nothing significant for them

It's literally like battered wife syndrome
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Let these conspiracy theory revolutionists tell it, American presidents and all other elected officials have already been planned out for the next 50 years and we are all literally plugged into the Matrix.

xxCivicxx is Neo.

And you see how you have nothing intellectual to say so you jump to hyperbole?

But I'm supposed to be the ignorant one in this thread right
  • caddo man
    Options
    So what if I was talking about you? Now what? you are going to invite me to meet you somewhere to fight? What now?

Yes I was talking about you and all the other keyboard warriors here. Now what?

• xxCivicxx
    Options
    So what if I was talking about you? Now what? you are going to invite me to meet you somewhere to fight? What now?

You seem to be very emotional. You should probably take a couple deep breaths

Are you going to make an actual post on topic? Let me know if not so I can ignore you
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

Bro, come on dawg......

Read what you're typing.

Don't post to me
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What exactly will voting for a 3rd party canidate do?
  • JJ_Evans
    edited October 2016
    Options

Bro, come on dawg......

Read what you're typing.

Don't post to me

Don't get mad, get educated on the issues because what you're typing is asinine.

If you're saying that voting doesn't matter, yet you're giving us an example of person A winning when we vote while person B winning when we don't vote.................

You're giving a clear example of why voting actually matters.

When black people don't vote, the wrong people are elected which hurts black people. There is absolutely no logic to your position.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It's weird seeing black people cling so hard to a system that has done nothing significant for them

FYI tho - there's people out here (like me) who don't have no type of faith in the system, not sure my vote counts (all that electoral college ? , rigged campaigns, etc....), but says ? it - it ain't costing me ? to vote, and just in case it does matter - let me toss my 2 cents in, to try to keep this MF out.

Just because MFs are voting doesn't really mean they're "clinging to a system".

This is kind of what I mean about convincing people not to vote.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bro, come on dawg......

Read what you're typing.

Don't post to me

Don't get mad, get educated on the issues because what you're typing is asinine.

If you're saying that voting doesn't matter, yet you're giving us an example of person A winning when we vote while person B winning when we don't vote.................

Mind your ? business

We were discussing power in voting, I listed scenarios..didn't take one stance in that post

you like to hear yourself talk
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

FYI tho - there's people out here (like me) who don't have no type of faith in the system, not sure my vote counts (all that electoral college ? , rigged campaigns, etc....), but says ? it - it ain't costing me ? to vote, and just in case it does matter - let me toss my 2 cents in, to try to keep this MF out.

Just because MFs are voting doesn't really mean they're "clinging to a system".

This is kind of what I mean about convincing people not to vote.

You're right it doesn't cost anything

Anyone that wants to vote should
  • caddo man
    Options

Are you going to make an actual post on topic? Let me know if not so I can ignore you

I am emotional. That would be a good comeback if I came at you typing threats but I didnt.

See I dont criticize or bring up a problem without a solution. A solution that I am willing to help or even initiate. I dont complain much without working on a solution.

So my criticism of "keyboard warriors" is no action. Nothing. So I invite them to my charity events. Most are geared toward homeless, vets, or children. So if any of you "keyboard warriors" want to participate holla at me.
  • JJ_Evans
    Options

Bro, come on dawg......

Read what you're typing.

Don't post to me

Mind your ? business

We were discussing power in voting, I listed scenarios..didn't take one stance in that post

you like to hear yourself talk

Mind my business?.....This is a hip hop message board for people to discuss issues......LOL
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's absolutely no logic to it.

xxCivicxx is Neo.

It's funny that you interpreted that post as "hyperbole" instead of "sarcasm" ... I guess as ridiculous as it is, it must be rooted in truth.

I have said plenty of "intellectual things" in defense of my position ... but without even reading it, your rebuttal is that it must have come from "the media" because it differs from your opinion...

Either that or you refused to engage when actually penetrated your cloud of ? .

But all I needed to hear from you is that issues like:

-Women's rights
    -? rights
    -Maternity/Patenrity Leave
    -Affordable childcare
    -Trade Policy
    -Clean Energy etc.

Were just "buzz words" because they are either not important to YOU or you mistakenly don't believe that they apply to you

And in your mind, the president only serves to further your own personal agenda and what you deem to be important.

The rest of the country or the myriad of issues that affect them do not exist.

• xxCivicxx
    edited October 2016
    Options

I am emotional. That would be a good comeback if I came at you typing threats but I didnt.

See I dont criticize or bring up a problem without a solution. A solution that I am willing to help or even initiate. I dont complain much without working on a solution.

So my criticism of "keyboard warriors" is no action. Nothing. So I invite them to my charity events. Most are geared toward homeless, vets, or children. So if any of you "keyboard warriors" want to participate holla at me.

Cool. You are now ignored
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

xxCivicxx is Neo.

It's funny that you interpreted that post as "hyperbole" instead of "sarcasm" ... I guess as ridiculous as it is, it must be rooted in truth.

I have said plenty of "intellectual things" in defense of my position ... but without even reading it, your rebuttal is that it must have come from "the media" because it differs from your opinion...

Either that or you refused to engage when actually penetrated your cloud of ? .

But all I needed to hear from you is that issues like:

-Women's rights
    -? rights
    -Maternity/Patenrity Leave
    -Affordable childcare
    -Trade Policy
    -Clean Energy etc.

Were just "buzz words" because they are either not important to YOU or you mistakenly don't believe that they apply to you

And in your mind, the president only serves to further your own personal agenda and what you deem to be important.

The rest of the country or the myriad of issues that affect them do not exist.

You can stop already, I made my point a long time ago and you haven't posted any actual rebuttal to it

No president has done anything specifically for black people even though they have the power to. I gave you examples of legislation you disingenuously glossed over

I ask you why you specifically like hillary and dislike trump and you keep changing the subject

I ask you what has any president done for black people and you change the subject to ? people and trade?? Smh yeah this discussion is done