Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    There's absolutely no logic to it.
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Let these conspiracy theory revolutionists tell it, American presidents and all other elected officials have already been planned out for the next 50 years and we are all literally plugged into the Matrix.

xxCivicxx is Neo.

And you see how you have nothing intellectual to say so you jump to hyperbole?

But I'm supposed to be the ignorant one in this thread right

It's funny that you interpreted that post as "hyperbole" instead of "sarcasm" ... I guess as ridiculous as it is, it must be rooted in truth.

I have said plenty of "intellectual things" in defense of my position ... but without even reading it, your rebuttal is that it must have come from "the media" because it differs from your opinion...

Either that or you refused to engage when actually penetrated your cloud of ? .

But all I needed to hear from you is that issues like:

-Women's rights
    -? rights
    -Maternity/Patenrity Leave
    -Affordable childcare
    -Trade Policy
    -Clean Energy etc.

Were just "buzz words" because they are either not important to YOU or you mistakenly don't believe that they apply to you

And in your mind, the president only serves to further your own personal agenda and what you deem to be important.

The rest of the country or the myriad of issues that affect them do not exist.

I ask you why you specifically like hillary and dislike trump and you keep changing the subject

Are you serious, right now?
    I don't know why I have to explain this...

- Trump is a Bigot, not just towards black people - but across multiple races, genders, and minorty groups

- Trump as president would further ignite current and future generations of racists ... you think racism in this country is intolerable now ...

- Trump is woefully unprepared to be President. Never held elected office. Knows little to nothing about foreign policy and his one claim to competency - business acumen is questionable.

- Trump is historically arrogant and hubristic. He has criticized the police and presumes he knows more than military generals

- Trumps platfotm is virtually devoid of any cohesive set of plans. What he has proposed is utter nonesnese, unconstitutional, and/or spits in the face of our national values (see building a wall around the country, see deporting Muslims, see stop and frisk etc)

- Trump is flagrantly dishonest, it's been reported that literally more than 70% of what he says is false

- Trump has the temperament of a petuant child, the office of president requires discernment and measured decision making. Not the temperament of an 8 year old who is enraged by mere tweets

- Trump garners zero respect from the international community. He would and is already severely damaging our relationships with our allies

- Trump wants to REDUCE taxes for medium to big businesses from 35% to 15% costing us Trillions and widening the divide of income inequality

- Trump isn't doing anything to improve education and the rising cost of student loan debt

- Trump wants to enact Stop and Frisk nationwide and thinks we need MORE Law and Order and aggression from police.

- Trump admitted to not paying taxes live in front of 100 million people

- Trump has broken more laws than I can count. Being in tune to election coverage, have seen instances of his criminal activity come out each of the last several weeks

I'm out shopping right now. And This is off the top of my head. I am sure I am leaving plenty out.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ppl do what they want to do, but to me it makes no sense to vote.

Don't be a political chump

If he was alive today, I bet Malcolm would laugh at black folks who voted today.

This speech was spoken about 40-50 years ago, and every word is relevant today Lol

Trump already told black folks how he felt, he won't do anything for black folks
    Hilary track record speaks for itself on how she feel about black folks and she won't do ? for black folks neither, only difference with her and Trump is she trying to pretend like she's concerned about black folks to silly ? that will vote for her..but she won't do ? neither.

I'll have my black ass at the crib come November. ? it..Trump win...oh well Game time..Let's get it.
    Black folks need to use their votes as leverage and demand ? ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqxpY2MdNMw
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's some logic to it.
    Mister B. wrote: »
    NOT voting is the stupidest ? I've heard all year.

You don't like either of these goofy muhfuckas? VOTE 3RD PARTY.

You don't like the 3rd party choices (cause Gary Johnson is being a colossial ? idiot right now, and Jill ain't getting NO airtime), WRITE-IN SOMEONE.

But, VOTE.

Another example of a person who doesn't know what they're talking about

You're just repeating what you heard from someone else

You didn't name any valid reasons for a black person to vote in the presidential election

And for the 1000th time, the popular vote does not matter

You are lost. At least you're right about the popular vote....unless you live in a swing state, when it totally does matter.

By the way, by not voting you give these Cacs ammo who say we're to lazy to do anything about our own concerns.

That's the problem with you pseudo-militant "revolutionairies"....y'all swear y'all are doing ? to help out the communities, but in reality, most of you are just keyboard warriors who don't have a ? clue how to help out, except give self-righteous statements.

You seem to be imagining a lot about me based on your own feelings. Please stop trying to "figure me out" you're only gonna confuse yourself. Read my words for comprehension

I give you facts about the political machine/process and you get emotional and try and change the subject. Electoral college members DO NOT have to vote the way that the people of their state vote PERIOD

Once again, I'm still waiting for anyone to tell me a positive thing that any president in the history of this country has done specifically for black people.

You seem to think you know what you're talking about so this should be easy for you to answer

Please don't say freeing slaves

Fine.

Valid/Positive reason #1: Didn't voting for LBJ result in the Civil Rights Act of 1965?

Valid/Positive reason #2: Black people work in the auto industry too, ya know. Didn't voting for Obeezie back in 2008 let him bail them out? And didn't Obama just pardon like 70 people from ? non-violent sentences, most of whom were black?

Like I said. Cut that fake-ass Garvey ? out, and LEARN about the American political system before you just spout out utter nonsense.

No ? president can enact a policy that will only directly affect any race of people, but you are a closeted fool to think that no PRESIDENT has ever helped black folk.

And since you're so adamant in saying that "no one's ever directly helped black people", I have to ask: exactly WHAT policy could a president create or pass that would even do such a thing?

Outside of reparations, I don't even see that scenario playing out.

Blacks didn't have the right to vote for LBJ. Also, it was The Voting Rights Act that was signed in 1965. The Civil Rights bills were signed in 1964 and 1968, and weren't written specifically for blacks. Furthermore, there wouldn't have been a need for any new legislation for civil rights or voting rights if the presidents of the US since reconstruction had done there job and enforced the law via the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments.

Interestingly enough, the Black Panther Party published a paper calling for the abolition of the offices of president and Vice President because of their historic failure to ensure black and poor people's rights guaranteed in the constitution.

Pardoning people of crimes doesn't correct the system that imprisoned them the first place. Nor does eliminate their felony status which prevents them from being productive citizens and leads to recidivism. The new Jim Crow is still in effect, and the people that voted for the politicians to change things have received nothing.

It's shameful that oligarchs who make up an infinitesimal fraction of the voting public have more influence on an election than the millions of blue-collar voters participating in this farce.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bra ? vo

and voting 3rd party is a waste and a vote for the otherside.. vote for those before us.. vote for keeping the ball rolling forward.. vote for the future.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even during my more apathetic days I didnt try to promote not voting. Obviously there are consequences and effects to who get elected and what laws get passed. There is literally no argument against this. If you dont vote you are a nonfactor as far as political policy and leverage. Your just a victim.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no you are a factor but a negative one..
  • Knock_Twice
    edited October 2016
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I've sat in quiet moments and pondered the concepts of voting and not voting.

I came to the following conclusion:
    Voting is literally the LEAST you can do.

If a person is too lazy, narrowminded or cynical to vote how can you expect them to participate in anything else?

Everything else requires actual work.

Getting laws or policies on the books/l or removed or overturned takes time, it takes years sometimes. It takes manpower, it takes perseverance and patience. It requires you spend more time on that subject than the average person.

Folks go to college and dedicate their lives to changing the system and it still won't be done in their generation. But every lawyer, community organizer etc should be appreciated for their dedication and effort because even if they fail...they keep the ball rolling so the next person can take his shot.

You expect people to sacrifice their livelihood for you, put their lives on the line for you and you can't fill in a bubble once every few years? Do you know how utterly ? that ? sounds?

The argument about who wins office and who will be president is only ONE of the things on the ballot. You can not vote for either one of them, you can vote 3rd or you can leave it blank.

The bottomline is a lot of local laws like ordinances, state constitutional amendments are also on ballots. Corrupt school board members, ? city councilmen, all of whom are on that ballot. There are so many other concerns on the ballot that focusing on who will be president is just stupid.

So voting is the least you can do. It cost you no money at all and unless you live in one of these states that want to block voting rights it shouldn't take you long to do it. It takes no effort, and it could potentially help someone who is doing real ? work.

Every vote towards something positive negates a vote against it. Its that simple.

This also explains why I antagonize ? on here. You don't think, you too busy in your feelings or fumbling with history books. ? its 2016, that 1964 mindset ain't always going to work. You supposed to BUILD on what they said ? not hide behind it.

Don't use Malcolm X as an excuse. You ? uninformed and uneducated, just listen to everyone else then. Its cool to uninformed, if you don't want to vote because you uninformed that's fine but stop trying to tell other people what to do.

A lot of you ? need to smarten up and grow up. This is a country, this is a state, these are counties and cities all of which are bigger than you. These elections have consequences for your cynicism and laziness. This is the real world B.

In the real world ? ain't got to have the word "Black" in it for it to affect you.

Nothing wrong with being uninterested in voting but there is something wrong with being a preachy unintelligent ? . You need to sit on the bench if you don't want to play, don't interfere in the game.

What makes you think a ? aint this or that just because they don't vote? A whole bunch of ppl don't vote.
    It's a lot of ppl that don't vote. The rich is one. other ethnicity groups don't vote but still get ? done for them.

How is using Malcolm X an excuse with the very much ? he said on the clip can be applied today?

What makes you think a ? is uneducated because one decides not to vote...? I can say the same about you and give you whole hero speech..You vote, do you, but don't act as if one who does decide not to vote or think the ? is dumb is uneducated or uninformed.

If someone that is on the ballot isn't talking the language they wanna hear...? have that right to sit their ? at home..plain and simple...all that misinformed and uneducated talk coming off as you better than the next because you circle a bubble on a piece of paper is feel good talk for one like yourself who vote.

Truth be told blacks that vote and ones that don't vote are in the same boat...Our ? is still at the bottom of the ship together...

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

If a person is too lazy, narrowminded or cynical to vote how can you expect them to participate in anything else?

Getting laws or policies on the books/l or removed or overturned takes time, it takes years sometimes. It takes manpower, it takes perseverance and patience. It requires you spend more time on that subject than the average person.

Folks go to college and dedicate their lives to changing the system and it still won't be done in their generation. But every lawyer, community organizer etc should be appreciated for their dedication and effort because even if they fail...they keep the ball rolling so the next person can take his shot.

You expect people to sacrifice their livelihood for you, put their lives on the line for you and you can't fill in a bubble once every few years? Do you know how utterly ? that ? sounds?

The argument about who wins office and who will be president is only ONE of the things on the ballot. You can not vote for either one of them, you can vote 3rd or you can leave it blank.

The bottomline is a lot of local laws like ordinances, state constitutional amendments are also on ballots. Corrupt school board members, ? city councilmen, all of whom are on that ballot. There are so many other concerns on the ballot that focusing on who will be president is just stupid.

So voting is the least you can do. It cost you no money at all and unless you live in one of these states that want to block voting rights it shouldn't take you long to do it. It takes no effort, and it could potentially help someone who is doing real ? work.

Every vote towards something positive negates a vote against it. Its that simple.

This also explains why I antagonize ? on here. You don't think, you too busy in your feelings or fumbling with history books. ? its 2016, that 1964 mindset ain't always going to work. You supposed to BUILD on what they said ? not hide behind it.

Don't use Malcolm X as an excuse. You ? uninformed and uneducated, just listen to everyone else then. Its cool to uninformed, if you don't want to vote because you uninformed that's fine but stop trying to tell other people what to do.

A lot of you ? need to smarten up and grow up. This is a country, this is a state, these are counties and cities all of which are bigger than you. These elections have consequences for your cynicism and laziness. This is the real world B.

In the real world ? ain't got to have the word "Black" in it for it to affect you.

Nothing wrong with being uninterested in voting but there is something wrong with being a preachy unintelligent ? . You need to sit on the bench if you don't want to play, don't interfere in the game.

What makes you think a ? aint this or that just because they don't vote? A whole bunch of ppl don't vote.
    It's a lot of ppl that don't vote. The rich is one. other ethnicity groups don't vote but still get ? done for them.

How is using Malcolm X an excuse with the very much ? he said on the clip can be applied today?

What makes you think a ? is uneducated because one decides not to vote...? I can say the same about you and give you whole hero speech..You vote, do you, but don't act as if one who does decide not to vote or think the ? is dumb is uneducated or uninformed.

If someone that is on the ballot isn't talking the language they wanna hear...? have that right to sit their ? at home..plain and simple...all that misinformed and uneducated talk coming off as you better than the next because you circle a bubble on a piece of paper is feel good talk for one like yourself who vote.

Truth be told blacks that vote and ones that don't vote are in the same boat...Our ? is still at the bottom of the ship together...

Not to argue but this isnt a universally held belief. For instance say someone is a Doctor or other professional maybe on vacation somewhere. They arent in the same boat as someone say just for comparison in jail. They made different choices and are different men. Just because they both have darker skin doesnt make their lives the same. I remember a different time for myself and it can be hard not to look at things negatively when you are in certain spaces. So I look at my current perspective with the wisdom of once not looking at things the same as I am now.

• Knock_Twice
    edited October 2016
    Options

Not to argue but this isnt a universally held belief. For instance say someone is a Doctor or other professional maybe on vacation somewhere. They arent in the same boat as someone say just for comparison in jail. They made different choices and are different men. Just because they both have darker skin doesnt make their lives the same. I remember a different time for myself and it can be hard not to look at things negatively when you are in certain spaces. So I look at my current perspective with the wisdom of once not looking at things the same as I am now.

You're talking individually status and I'm more so speaking about the 40 or so million black ppl that lives in America.

If you vote and I don't, these candidates that are on these ballots and let me add these policies/laws are not in favor to change these outcomes.
    This ? is game within a game and black folks stay falling for the ookie dok

Black folks still are getting discriminated/denied when it comes to getting money from lenders to try and build ? and aquire wealth.
    Black folks are still getting funneled into prisons by the dozens for simple ass crimes, becoming felons left and right, thus making it harder for blacks to vote or sit on the jury.
    Black folks are still in a high job unemployment stage
    Black folks are still getting killed execution style by police
    Black folks schools/neighborhoods are getting gentrified out the ass
    Black folks schools are still in bad condition/some/most are getting shut down
    Black folks are still dayum near living in the Jim Crow era, There are very few black neighborhoods where all blacks live, most are the hood/low-income families, if you make it to an ? lifestyle, you're moving to these all-white neighborhoods and they don't won't too many black ppl living there, they'll accept a few families.

The ? is bigger than filling a bubble or some ballot and saying you voted, what is that candidate that you're voting for talking about doing to changed some of the things I've listed.

Hilary talking about pumping more funds into law enforcement, a billion dollars??? They get funds from the gov't already, BURNES or BURNS is a program that pumps in money...Why not pump a billion dollars into the black community...setup programs that will help build schools for black kids...but a billion dollars for better training Lol..yea ok..I can see if cops were shooting and killing all races but they are killing majority blacks, but yet Hilary wants to allocate a billion dollars on top of what they already get from the gov't for better training Lol...yea ok

When folks go through and get denied things that can affect your future then ? will hit home...
    A lot of folks haven't been denied/been through things...to understand why ppl feel voting doesn't matter when the candidates not speaking your language ...It's good to yell vote when you're in a comfortable state...

Get yo ? wake-up call or get denied ? and you'll start to look in another lens

Yall do yall and vote, hats off to you..

Had a cousin, who was on that vote tip, flood came through not to long ago, dude lost everything.
    FEMA came down here, Dude was denied everything, but yet this ? votes faithfully and believes in his gov't and local reps, even went to the local reps, told him there wasn't anything they could do, but yet they got his vote.
    FEMA gave him zero to get back on his feet...now his like ? voting, you'll wake up when ? is denied and you've put these ppl in office...you'll get yo ? wake up call then

Gotta another cousin, no job, don't vote, lost a few things, FEMA gave this ? the max...? threw a BBQ and feed the hood Lobster when he got his money...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here again is where you ? up. You ain't voting for PEOPLE ? . The ? people change. This ? is bigger than Trump or Hillary, trying to use them as an excuse don't fly either.

I refuse to believe ? are that dense. I specifically told you not to even worry about that ? . Its everything else that affects local, county and state governments that matter.

This ? pathetic. Look at the school system. Its ? now because people don't care how schools are funded. School funding in a lot of places are decided by local ballots which means ? HAVE TO VOTE!

You too comfortable in that ? to see the bigger picture.

How you supposedly care about black people but you don't care enough to ensure the laws and other institutions they live under are in order?

You ? cannot be this dumb.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here again is where you ? up. You ain't voting for PEOPLE ? . The ? people change. This ? is bigger than Trump or Hillary, trying to use them as an excuse don't fly either.

I refuse to believe ? are that dense. I specifically told you not to even worry about that ? . Its everything else that affects local, county and state governments that matter.

This ? pathetic. Look at the school system. Its ? now because people don't care how schools are funded. School funding in a lot of places are decided by local ballots which means ? HAVE TO VOTE!

How you supposedly care about black people but you don't care enough to ensure the laws and other institutions they live under are in order?

Strongly disagree with the bolded
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently the "Logic" is ...

Absolutely NOTHING can be done about ANYTHING.

Because absolutely NOTHING positive has occurred for African Americans over the last 400 years.

So voting for local, state, and federal policies and elected officials is completely pointless.

The hundreds of thousands of individuals in any way affiliated with the American political system want NOTHING more than to destroy the lives of black people.

Therefore a Donald Trump presidency will be identical to the presidency of any other candidate.

The only thing that can be done is to complain on the internet.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think it should be mandatory, but I think it should be a holiday where everybody gets the day off.
    Whether people vote or not is up to them, but it should be easy and accessible.

Election Day IS a holiday, dude.

Holiday meaning most ppl should have the day off on that day to vote...right now that is not the case
  • Knock_Twice
    Options

Again

If nobody is on the ballot not speaking your language or the language to help black ppl progress...I, myself are not voting..plain and simple rather it's Hilary or Trump or James and Evans running on the local platform, what part is that you are not getting. The players change but the game is still the same...If someone on the ballot is talking in terms to help improve those things I've listed in my previous post, then I encourage any and everyone to vote and HOLD THAT CANDIDATE TO WHAT THEY ARE SAYING.

How are ? dumb and dense..? say "? are dumb and dense" to try and make it seem like they are speaking the gospel or some ? ..

It's not that deep playboy...IF you don't like what the store/rapper/TV staions/radio stations/your gf/wifey talking about, you don't support it..what's so dense about that my boy?

You acting like ? are saying and not voting just because which i guess which made you state that ? about ? being dumb and dense but again, what so dumb and dense that if one is not speaking on ? you want to see and get done, you stay yo ass home and give it to that candidate who is talking your language.

? even crackheads have choices dude...

I don't understand what you are trying to convey with your post stating ? should vote just to vote..which IMO is dumb and uneducated.

If anything on a ballot that states anything to help better schools then if one is on that side of the game where they wanna see schools improve then vote...plain and simple

I don't understand your hold post about how ? are dumb in sitting this one out??

Breh you vote, do you, but for the ? that don't vote or aint voting in this election or any other elections, locally, if they feel ppl not talking their language then why vote..

? that's life...

If a ? selling you dreams..I'ma still vote.....? that's dumb..you sounding/posting like these dumb hoes out cha...chasing ? cuz what they are saying say sounds good and just because they have to feel they need to be a part of something..

Aye breh, Vote.. you're the same person after you vote and I'll be the same as well.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't think it should be mandatory, but I think it should be a holiday where everybody gets the day off.
    Whether people vote or not is up to them, but it should be easy and accessible.

Election Day IS a holiday, dude.

Holiday meaning most ppl should have the day off on that day to vote...right now that is not the case

Schools are off. Government agencies are off. Private businesses have the option to be off....they just choose not to take it.
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Nothing wrong with Voting, if ppl choose to vote do that, but for those who don't vote and give their reason on why when asked and they can present facts on the candidates that are running in this race or any other race, don't come at it as if you're so uppty and so this and that just because they don't see outta the same lens as you.

That same person that isn't voting is looking at you like why are you voting, ? you dumb and uneducated to vote Satan and the Devil, speaking on Trump or Hilary, both showed their hands towards how they feel about black ppl, but again, use the same logic on any other candidate/policy, if it don't make sense to you or won't help you or your ppl, then make your decision...don't be a political chump.

Ppl vote in local reps and I ask them all the time what have they done since they've taken office that you can feel..those districts reps...same with them...what can you say that you've done since taken office that you can show that have improve black ppl lives..dayum all that voting outta fear and tradition ? ...? gotta eat and get ? done out here...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Notice only one side resorting to the name calling
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are we talking about voting in general or just this upcoming presidential election?

Either way...

Your one vote alone may not impact the outcome of an election ...but to vote means that you value the chance to express your choice. That has value

That said, trying to convince people who don't want to vote to vote is a waste of time, same as trying to convince people who want to vote not to

The one thing that I do wish people would stop saying is that voting for the third party is a waste of a vote. There's no such thing as a wasted vote, if again voting is an expression of choice

I'd also argue voting, with the exception of not voting, is the least relevant thing you could do to influence the political process. You want to see change, you're better suited showing up to town hall meetings. Running for office
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently the "Logic" is ...

Absolutely NOTHING can be done about ANYTHING.

Because absolutely NOTHING positive has occurred for African Americans over the last 400 years.

So voting for local, state, and federal policies and elected officials is completely pointless.

The hundreds of thousands of individuals in any way affiliated with the American political system want NOTHING more than to destroy the lives of black people.

Therefore a Donald Trump presidency will be identical to the presidency of any other candidate.

The only thing that can be done is to complain on the internet.

Do you see how intellectually disingenuous you're being??

NOBODY but you said the bolded

Why can't you argue your point without exaggerating/strawmen?
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

Good stuff man. Unfortunately, you will realize what I did a while ago on this site...........you're fighting against a bunch of undercover racist white guys and some very dumb ? . It's sad, but true.
  • SmashinYourWaifu
    SmashinYourWaifu Members Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im an idiot if i dont vote. But then im a ? if i vote for trump. Gob bless america
  • Knock_Twice
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Are we talking about voting in general or just this upcoming presidential election?

Either way...

Your one vote alone may not impact the outcome of an election ...but to vote means that you value the chance to express your choice. That has value

That said, trying to convince people who don't want to vote to vote is a waste of time, same as trying to convince people who want to vote not to

The one thing that I do wish people would stop saying is that voting for the third party is a waste of a vote. There's no such thing as a wasted vote, if again voting is an expression of choice

I'd also argue voting, with the exception of not voting, is the least relevant thing you could do to influence the political process. You want to see change, you're better suited showing up to town hall meetings. Running for office

Talking about the 2, at least I am, the thread was ppl on some no vote logic, I expressed and gave reason that folks like myself who at times choose to sit out on voting. I expressed the whole no voting on the upcoming presidential election and why ppl who may not vote feel the way they are feeling and others in this threads have mentioned reasons

It's all about what a candidate can do for you and your ppl IMO, all this voting because "we can't let the other person get in office" is crazy and stupid IMO, you selling your soul so you can remain in ? or whatever the case you may look at your situation. ? will still be ? up regardless and neither candidate that is running in speaking in terms on how they will help black ppl progress.

I think what folks seem to think...Reps are mean and Dems care about us or they are not mean...but both of these parties practice white supremacy to the core..

Hell at one point in life Dems hated all black folks and the Reps party rode for black ppl...campaign for blacks to vote in the late 1800s.. Lol, ? need to do their googles and know their history but again..
    Vote or Don't Vote, I think ppl that don't vote, don't vote on the simple fact that none the candidates or any candidates/policies are talking their language
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are def running a turtle race but we can't just stop.

Take a small victory when you can and build on it.

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options