• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's absolutely no logic to it.
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    NOT voting is the stupidest ? I've heard all year.

You don't like either of these goofy muhfuckas? VOTE 3RD PARTY.

You don't like the 3rd party choices (cause Gary Johnson is being a colossial ? idiot right now, and Jill ain't getting NO airtime), WRITE-IN SOMEONE.

But, VOTE.

Another example of a person who doesn't know what they're talking about

You're just repeating what you heard from someone else

You didn't name any valid reasons for a black person to vote in the presidential election

And for the 1000th time, the popular vote does not matter

You are lost. At least you're right about the popular vote....unless you live in a swing state, when it totally does matter.

By the way, by not voting you give these Cacs ammo who say we're to lazy to do anything about our own concerns.

That's the problem with you pseudo-militant "revolutionairies"....y'all swear y'all are doing ? to help out the communities, but in reality, most of you are just keyboard warriors who don't have a ? clue how to help out, except give self-righteous statements.

You seem to be imagining a lot about me based on your own feelings. Please stop trying to "figure me out" you're only gonna confuse yourself. Read my words for comprehension

I give you facts about the political machine/process and you get emotional and try and change the subject. Electoral college members DO NOT have to vote the way that the people of their state vote PERIOD

Once again, I'm still waiting for anyone to tell me a positive thing that any president in the history of this country has done specifically for black people.

You seem to think you know what you're talking about so this should be easy for you to answer

Please don't say freeing slaves

Fine.

Valid/Positive reason #1: Didn't voting for LBJ result in the Civil Rights Act of 1965?

Valid/Positive reason #2: Black people work in the auto industry too, ya know. Didn't voting for Obeezie back in 2008 let him bail them out? And didn't Obama just pardon like 70 people from ? non-violent sentences, most of whom were black?

Like I said. Cut that fake-ass Garvey ? out, and LEARN about the American political system before you just spout out utter nonsense.

No ? president can enact a policy that will only directly affect any race of people, but you are a closeted fool to think that no PRESIDENT has ever helped black folk.

And since you're so adamant in saying that "no one's ever directly helped black people", I have to ask: exactly WHAT policy could a president create or pass that would even do such a thing?

Outside of reparations, I don't even see that scenario playing out.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This video explains the "logic" of not voting in THIS election perfectly.

https://youtu.be/H1vpV6_F6GY

There's a couple of things here -

- Dude says he rather have Trump.

- And not to let Hillary scare you into voting for her.

You can still be voting for somebody else.

I notice this "not voting" talk from people, who when you dig, low-key sound like they support Trump. So how does that help somebody whose voting because they don't want Trump to win ?

And, if it doesn't count, then why not bother ?

This video sounded more like a anti-Democrat rant.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Trump supporters are using people to push this "don't vote" and "both are trash candidates" nonsense because they know it's the only way for him to win.

If minorities stay at home or vote 3rd party, then Trump becomes the next POTUS.
  • 7figz
    Options
    And I'm not knocking anybody's decision not to vote, but what's the benefit of trying to convince other people not to vote - like there's some kind of power in not voting or like they're going to lose something by voting ?

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If there's power in voting, there's power in not voting
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The local elections are more important imo. If this country was to start to clean house from the ground up maybe it will eventually work its way to the top.

Everybody needs to be more aware of whos running your communities, schools, backyards bc that affects u more directly.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

giphy.gif
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I dont believe in not voting as some kind of success admittedly, but would you mind elaborating? I'd just like to see the mentality.
  • Mister B.
    Options

Ummm....there isn't. Because more than 40% of the eligible voting populous already doesn't vote. So it allows people whom NOBODY wants to skate in without doing less work. How is that power?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's some logic to it.

You don't like the 3rd party choices (cause Gary Johnson is being a colossial ? idiot right now, and Jill ain't getting NO airtime), WRITE-IN SOMEONE.

But, VOTE.

You didn't name any valid reasons for a black person to vote in the presidential election

You are lost. At least you're right about the popular vote....unless you live in a swing state, when it totally does matter.

By the way, by not voting you give these Cacs ammo who say we're to lazy to do anything about our own concerns.

That's the problem with you pseudo-militant "revolutionairies"....y'all swear y'all are doing ? to help out the communities, but in reality, most of you are just keyboard warriors who don't have a ? clue how to help out, except give self-righteous statements.

You seem to be imagining a lot about me based on your own feelings. Please stop trying to "figure me out" you're only gonna confuse yourself. Read my words for comprehension

I give you facts about the political machine/process and you get emotional and try and change the subject. Electoral college members DO NOT have to vote the way that the people of their state vote PERIOD

Once again, I'm still waiting for anyone to tell me a positive thing that any president in the history of this country has done specifically for black people.

You seem to think you know what you're talking about so this should be easy for you to answer

Fine.

Valid/Positive reason #1: Didn't voting for LBJ result in the Civil Rights Act of 1965?

Valid/Positive reason #2: Black people work in the auto industry too, ya know. Didn't voting for Obeezie back in 2008 let him bail them out? And didn't Obama just pardon like 70 people from ? non-violent sentences, most of whom were black?

Like I said. Cut that fake-ass Garvey ? out, and LEARN about the American political system before you just spout out utter nonsense.

No ? president can enact a policy that will only directly affect any race of people, but you are a closeted fool to think that no PRESIDENT has ever helped black folk.

And since you're so adamant in saying that "no one's ever directly helped black people", I have to ask: exactly WHAT policy could a president create or pass that would even do such a thing?

Thank you for proving my point, you failed at naming a single thing that any president has done specifically for black people

The civil rights act has helped ? , white women and NON BLACK ethnics more than it EVER helped black people. Please point to a modern-day example of the civil rights act helping black people

Did you just say that the 2008 bailout of the PRIVATE SECTOR auto industry was done to benefit black people?? You do realize that the recession hit black people harder than ALL OTHER RACES in this country right?? Black people lost the most jobs and the most homes

And Obama has been passing legislation to DIRECTLY benefit ? and DIRECTLY benefit women, so please explain to me why you can't comprehend something as simple as black-specific black-prioritized legislation

Let's see, he could pass a law that exempted us from income tax, he could pass a law that made it impossible to try black children under the age of 17 as adults, he could make a law that gives a mandatory minimum sentence to anyone who submits a false ? allegation, he could pass a law that required that inner city schools receive as much funding as suburban schools

And those are just off the top of my head

Just like a lot of posters in here, your post was pseudo-intellectual talking points and buzzwords
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    The Trump supporters are using people to push this "don't vote" and "both are trash candidates" nonsense because they know it's the only way for him to win.

If minorities stay at home or vote 3rd party, then Trump becomes the next POTUS.

White male, I told you about making agent posts
  • NoCompetition
    edited October 2016
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    And I'm not knocking anybody's decision not to vote, but what's the benefit of trying to convince other people not to vote - like there's some kind of power in not voting or like they're going to lose something by voting ?

A lot of em fear those people voting. As many have stated. In general the more people who vote, the worse it is for Republicans. Thats how they won those midterms. People only came out for the Presidential elections and Republicans were able to win a lot of elections due to low turnout. They say, for instance Georgia is already a blue state but due to people not voting its politically a red state...for the time being. The Republicans dont want those people to come out and turn it of course. Its good that their agenda is becoming so transparent and apparent I think.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

I'm not sure who in here is telling people not to vote

All I've said is that there's no reason to because that's not how a president is decided. Whether you choose to vote or not is on you but every 4 years it's this exact same show and people, especially black people, put so much energy into it and get absolutely nothing out of it

I'm just asking what has it EVER done for black people and no one can answer me

And pretty much every single "political opinion" in here is just a reciting of someone else's opinion

No personal thought added
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

I dont believe in not voting as some kind of success admittedly, but would you mind elaborating? I'd just like to see the mentality.

What's the success in voting for a president?

Why do you feel like not voting has to be some kind of win? You're just abstaining from the game because it's already been decided
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

Ummm....there isn't. Because more than 40% of the eligible voting populous already doesn't vote. So it allows people whom NOBODY wants to skate in without doing less work. How is that power?

So out of all of the people in this country, you would have nominated trump and hillary to run against each other for president?
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

A lot of em fear those people voting. As many have stated. In general the more people who vote, the worse it is for Republicans. Thats how they won those midterms. People only came out for the Presidential elections and Republicans were able to win a lot of elections due to low turnout. They say, for instance Georgia is already a blue state but due to people not voting its politically a red state...for the time being. The Republicans dont want those people to come out and turn it of course. Its good that their agenda is becoming so transparent and apparent I think.

Why can't y'all understand that democrats and republicans are the same thing at the top level?
  • Mister B.
    edited October 2016
    Options

But, VOTE.

Fine.

Thank you for proving my point, you failed at naming a single thing that any president has done specifically for black people

The civil rights act has helped ? , white women and NON BLACK ethnics more than it EVER helped black people. Please point to a modern-day example of the civil rights act helping black people

Did you just say that the 2008 bailout of the PRIVATE SECTOR auto industry was done to benefit black people?? You do realize that the recession hit black people harder than ALL OTHER RACES in this country right?? Black people lost the most jobs and the most homes

And Obama has been passing legislation to DIRECTLY benefit ? and DIRECTLY benefit women, so please explain to me why you can't comprehend something as simple as black-specific black-prioritized legislation

Let's see, he could pass a law that exempted us from income tax, he could pass a law that made it impossible to try black children under the age of 17 as adults, he could make a law that gives a mandatory minimum sentence to anyone who submits a false ? allegation, he could pass a law that required that inner city schools receive as much funding as suburban schools

Just like a lot of posters in here, your post was pseudo-intellectual talking points and buzzwords

Just stop. You're diggin your own hole.

The Civil Rights Act was a direct result of the unfair treatment black people were fighting in the South, with unfair voting practices used to stop black people from voting, and black people being stopped from access to resources everyone else was getting at the time, hence segregation. When you start showing me documents, laws, or even photos of ? people fighting for their rights in the 1960s that resulted in the Civil Rights Act being signed, then you'll have a point.

Furthermore, Obama (or anyone else) can't pass a law that would directly effect black people without it having to effect everyone else, because if he tried, that would be called RACIAL BIAS. LBGT community isn't a race, so that's why those policies could affect them (because there's ? white, black, Latino, Asian, MIddle Eastern, etc people).

You've got tons to learn, but someone said it earlier: this is pointless. So, don't vote. And I'm done.

Just don't say ? on Election Day and afterwards. Cause each time you do, you're getting smacked with this ? thread.
  • NoCompetition
    Options

Why do you feel like not voting has to be some kind of win? You're just abstaining from the game because it's already been decided

How has it been decided? Why do they try so hard to get minorities to not vote? From risking lawsuits to pass unconstitutional laws, etc.. Why do exit polls coincide with actual results (who the people say they voted for coincides with who the numbers actually support). I used to be apathetic about it but only because of where i was at that time but I always recognized the purpose and effect of voting. The more people who vote for someone, the greater chance for them to win. Im not a big conspiracy guy. You can find conspiracies in pretty much everything but I dont have time to turn things into "something else" and all that. Sometimes its just cause A-effect B. Im not even really a partisan there are certain circumstances when some Republican policies can have some benefits. But this isnt the time for that nonsense. Just from a simple sense standpoint.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

But, VOTE.

Fine.

Just stop. You're diggin your own hole.

The Civil Rights Act was a direct result of the unfair treatment black people were fighting in the South, with unfair voting practices used to stop black people from voting, and black people being stopped from access to resources everyone else was getting at the time, hence segregation. When you start showing me documents, laws, or even photos of ? people fighting for their rights in the 1960s that resulted in the Civil Rights Act being signed, then you'll have a point.

Furthermore, Obama (or anyone else) can't pass a law that would directly effect black people without it having to effect everyone else, because if he tried, that would be called RACIAL BIAS. LBGT community isn't a race, so that's why those policies could affect them (because there's ? white, black, Latino, Asian, MIddle Eastern, etc people).

You've got tons to learn, but someone said it earlier: this is pointless. So, don't vote. And I'm done.

Just don't say ? on Election Day and afterwards. Cause each time you do, you're getting smacked with this ? thread.

Do you see how you keep copy/pasting talking points?? Yes black people did all of the work for the civil rights act. Black people ALSO RECEIVED THE LEAST BENEFIT FROM IT. You seem to be having a comprehension problem.

The civil rights act was passed to benefit MINORITIES. Women and ? are classified as minorities simpleton. I shouldn't have to tell you this

Racial bias?? No offense but you sound like a buffoon. That's not how the legislative process works

Where are all of the black intellectuals? Why can't any of y'all post an original thought?
  • 7figz
    edited October 2016
    Options

I'm not sure who in here is telling people not to vote

All I've said is that there's no reason to because that's not how a president is decided. Whether you choose to vote or not is on you but every 4 years it's this exact same show and people, especially black people, put so much energy into it and get absolutely nothing out of it

I'm just asking what has it EVER done for black people and no one can answer me

And pretty much every single "political opinion" in here is just a reciting of someone else's opinion

No personal thought added

Not saying you was trying to convince somebody not to vote, but I've seen it from some of the "not voting" crowd.

As far as reciting other people's opinion, I can easily give reasons why I ain't ? with Trump.

- Dude's a fake and a racist.

Besides the lawsuits they talk about, and the ? he does right now. Look how dude was pushing for the death penalty in the Central Park jogger ? ? . Even when those dudes got found innocent, this MF was still pushing ? .

Fake because dude plays to whatever crowd is in front of him, even saying ? that's blatantly obvious he won't / can't do.

Look at all the racists he got supporting him.

- Dude's a ? ' weirdo...

Those clips with his daughter are ? ' creepy and I don't trust dude.

- Dude's too unhinged and childish.

I mean, bruh, every ? ' conversation ... every time this dude opens his mouth, it's some childish finger-pointing ? . Dude doesn't own up to one MF shady thing he does.

- Dude wants to make the cop situation worse with Black people.

Stop and frisk nationwide ? FOH
    Law and order PERIOD ? FOH

I mean the list goes on and on, so to say that people who might be choosing to vote Anti-Trump don't really have an opinion is ridiculous.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

How has it been decided? Why do they try so hard to get minorities to not vote? From risking lawsuits to pass unconstitutional laws, etc.. Why do exit polls coincide with actual results (who the people say they voted for coincides with who the numbers actually support). I used to be apathetic about it but only because of where i was at that time but I always recognized the purpose and effect of voting. The more people who vote for someone, the greater chance for them to win. Im not a big conspiracy guy. You can find conspiracies in pretty much everything but I dont have time to turn things into "something else" and all that. Sometimes its just cause A-effect B. Im not even really a partisan there are certain circumstances when some Republican policies can have some benefits. But this isnt the time for that nonsense. Just from a simple sense standpoint.

But this entire post is you feeding into the orchestrated game. The president is decided years in advance, they usually start to receive heightened more focused media coverage at the national convention prior to when they run.

And the electoral college decides the president, and the electoral college has no obligation to vote how YOU want them to. They vote how they are told, it's just not you telling them

Why do you look at exit polls like they're not just propaganda. "Exit polls" ALWAYS vary depending on what news station you're watching

It's not about being "apathetic" and it seems like a lot of y'all are trying to fit my stance into some kind of box that it doesn't go into.

The electoral college will vote a president in no matter what you do. You saw in your own lifetime a president lose the popular vote and STILL get elected

But aside from that, what has voting for a president ever done specifically for black people?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I feel stupid even having to explain this concept but how is there power in voting but not power in not voting

If we vote, person A wins
    Don't vote, person B wins

If we vote and it doesn't effect the outcome, then what we arguing about
  • NoCompetition
    Options

Why can't y'all understand that democrats and republicans are the same thing at the top level?

I dont agree with this at all. Compare for the economy of Clinton to Bush. Compare one of the strongest economies ever to one of the weakest, the biggest recession since the great depression. The wars, etc. Compared to Obama presidency improved economy, lowered unemployment, different international climate, etc. There are obviously great differences. Any mature person paying attention can see that. Thats just from an objective standpoint and supported by numbers and facts. It makes a difference.