Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's a better pole dancer than Khaleesi
    Cain wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    @trillfate you would be cool with your niece swangin on a pole? For art purposes? Exercise purposes? Wack mom wants to be seen purposes?

Based on the OP vid i would want my niece fully clothed.. and maybe id want her mom to disable comments for the IG post, other than that im fine with it

Based on the 9 year old video not only would i be cool with my niece doing that routine, but i would be ? Proud of her.

Wow ......more power to you then bruh. If my niece's were to fix their mouth to say they're about to take up pole dancing it wouldn't happen.
    I feel if u as a parent Educate your children and instill values and morals in them there should be no issue with pole dancing

The stigma and underlying fear is the daughter becoming a stripper or some sort of ? but if she was being taught right from wrong before being introduced to the pole then there should be no problem.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Foul: this looks inappropriate
    @trillfate you would be cool with your niece swangin on a pole? For art purposes? Exercise purposes? Wack mom wants to be seen purposes?

Based on the OP vid i would want my niece fully clothed.. and maybe id want her mom to disable comments for the IG post, other than that im fine with it

Based on the 9 year old video not only would i be cool with my niece doing that routine, but i would be ? Proud of her.

Wow ......more power to you then bruh. If my niece's were to fix their mouth to say they're about to take up pole dancing it wouldn't happen.
    I feel if u as a parent Educate your children and instill values and morals in them there should be no issue with pole dancing

The stigma and underlying fear is the daughter becoming a stripper or some sort of ? but if she was being taught right from wrong before being introduced to the pole then there should be no problem.

I dont believe that u even believe what your saying
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair: i see nothing wrong here
    @MissK @babelipsss

Do you feel this little girl is being "sexual/seductive," or whatever you wanna call it?

https://youtu.be/a6uGIMXBB3o

This takes pure strength, discipline, and talent.

I would be proud if she was my daughter.

Being sheep to a society that glorifies white supremacy and condemns everything black is what's really disgusting.

• babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not seeing the talent. I see a little ? a stripper pole. Shrugs.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wanting to keep underage girls off the pole is glorifying white supremacy?
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't see how anyone saw the clip in the OP and thought anything sexual. Can't see it

I think some ppl area afraid tho, I think some of ya'll need to have a good long look at yaself trying to sensualize that routine

Can't believe I agree with two of the residence weirdos Sleep and Kha
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Khaleesi wrote: »
    @MissK @babelipsss

Do you feel this little girl is being "sexual/seductive," or whatever you wanna call it?

https://youtu.be/a6uGIMXBB3o

This takes pure strength, discipline, and talent.

I would be proud if she was my daughter.

Being sheep to a society that glorifies white supremacy and condemns everything black is what's really disgusting.

I don't want to see any little ? a pole, sorry

This video is vastly different from the one on IG. And yes I'd prefer my daughter to take up ballet

What does this have to do with white supremacy?

I'm not arguing that it takes strength etc

As someone has pointed out our society has norms and values good and bad. I don't think Trillfate or any man goes into a strip club and thinks yea that woman has strength, talent, etc. They are throwing money at ? and ass so nah miss me with all that

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Many People have trouble distancing themselves from the zeitgeist of western sensibilities or better yet whatever cultural imprint they were indoctrinated with... not everyone has it in them. Don't bother trying to open closed doors.

But the way I see it is if the correlation of sexuality and pole exercise isn't apparent, then why inject it? There's no need, really.
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Miss me with the conservative ? .
    I've been defending ? all my life because I've always been against the norm but at the end of the day all I can do is throw my hands up in the air

handsup.gif

People are entitled to their own opinions so I can respect that.

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Simplicius wrote: »
    Many People have trouble distancing themselves from the zeitgeist of western sensibilities or better yet whatever cultural imprint they were indoctrinated with... not everyone has it in them. Don't bother trying to open closed doors.

But the way I see it is if the correlation of sexuality and pole exercise isn't apparent, then why inject it? There's no need, really.

Nah King it's not about separatin' stigma and object because people watchin' your daughter won't be doin' that. I've seen some amazin' pole routines on YouTube that weren't at all sexual. Still, we kno' what poles are about on this side so what their primary use is elsewhere is irrelevant.

If my adult daughter wanted to do pole exercise that's her business and like I said, some of the videos are truly beautiful but for me it's an adult world because of the adult connotations attached to pole dancin'

Kinda like beauty pageants man it's an adult world keep the pitny dem at yard
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think this whole conversation is a look into the psyche of American human beings. Can you really NOT see sex?

Interesting ?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    @mswrightsway

On ig

She's also a public breast feeder advocate....very interesting page :)

I noticed it's "Ms" instead of "Mrs" but maybe it's just a coincidence

ho985o0ktdbl.gif

Marriage is overrated tbh.

Theres plenty of single parents that take better care of their kids than married ones.

Marriage don't have ? to do with raising your kid right.

Wasn't she pledging allegiance to that white boy a year ago ...now marriage is overrated?

I don't even know why y'all entertain this yapping hypocrite.
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    Kai wrote: »
    MissK wrote: »
    Some of y'all just inviting the pedos in with this ?

Foh with the playground pole comparison. Never once have I seen a kid 'dancing' on a playground pole, it's not the same thing as letting your daughter swing on a pole meant for strippers, seduction, whatever you want to call it.
    Y'all wild lol

You know a ? saw that ? and was like "thanks for saving me the trouble mom" smh

Although I didn't see anything really sexual about the vid in o/p, that's not really the issue.....
    That's really the only issue. Some posters are hell bent on seeing something sexual when it comes to poles an females, regardless of the age and/or routine on such said pole

I don't think anyone thinks that putting that on SM was in good taste but we tend to say that about everything that ppl are posting now a days, shaving ya kids head for bullying, spanking them for grades, etc etc

This basically falls on two sides, those that completely oppose girls and poles and those that don't
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »

Foh with the playground pole comparison. Never once have I seen a kid 'dancing' on a playground pole, it's not the same thing as letting your daughter swing on a pole meant for strippers, seduction, whatever you want to call it.
    Y'all wild lol

Although I didn't see anything really sexual about the vid in o/p, that's not really the issue.....
    That's really the only issue. Some posters are hell bent on seeing something sexual when it comes to poles an females, regardless of the age and/or routine on such said pole

I don't think anyone thinks that putting that on SM was in good taste but we tend to say that about everything that ppl are posting now a days, shaving ya kids head for bullying, spanking them for grades, etc etc

This basically falls on two sides, those that completely oppose girls and poles and those that don't

Why don't you address the rest of my post? What purpose does putting this online serve?
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

You a lead sheep in that society.

Ms. Racism doesn't exist in Boston

No jodas con migo hoy, copper. You know I never said that.
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »

Y'all wild lol

Why don't you address the rest of my post? What purpose does putting this online serve?
    I agreed with the rest of it, it doesn't serve a purpose

And yet that ain't what the topic of discussion is. If you took the time to read thru the thread and post besides your own and those dedicated toward you, you'd know that.......
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "You don't need the park or ABCs just learn this pole"

And who pole dances to the great Bob Marley?

Rasta Strippers...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    "You don't need the park or ABCs just learn this pole"

And who pole dances to the great Bob Marley?

Rasta Strippers...

Elephant man>>>
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the IC...

where everything is debatable.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    honestly there's nothing wrong with the act. to me she ? up by recording it...
    some things u just don't tape..i mean look at the camera angle, it looks like a ? web-cam show .