Clueless coonette Chrisette Michelle x The Breakfast Club…

Options

Comments

• Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have a few thoughts, but ? it, not typing that ? .
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    India Arie is speaking facts like an adult. The world today is full of adult-aged children who never outgrew high school.

It's all, very clearly, her opinion, nothing necessarily "factual" about it.

If you want to agree, say that - but to say that people who are voicing their dissatisfaction with CM, are adult aged children, is itself childish.

People flaming India behind this have a point too. For example -

India spoke tons of facts in her post. And yeh, most of yall act like high-schoolers. "You sang for Trump, so I can't deal with you", how ? childish does that sound? I've lost so much respect for society after the last few years, we really are becoming a joke. Anyone over the age of 25+ who is on this ? needs to seriously needs to re-evaluate what they're really about in life.

So what are you "about" and what you think a lot of people think about what you "act like" ?

Also, India Arie said that she wouldn't have performed and she doesn't agree with it either... which is pretty much what people are saying here. SO how can you agree with her, yet think everyone who disagrees with CM is childish ?

I think the whole coonhunt thing is what makes it childish.

Not sure what you mean by coonhunt, but if it's to say that calling her a ? is childish, then I gotta ask is she a ? or not ? If she did some ? ? , then what's childish about calling her a ? ?

The term is thrown around too much and here recently, it's not even representative of what the ? word actually means. In the rise of "black twitter" in the last 9 years, the word "? " has taken on a new meaning altogether.

I think the word gets overused because there's so many ? out there.. from Kanye to Sheriff clark...

Chrisette may not be a ? , but she did some ? ? for cash, so she's definitely a Sellout if nothing else
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    India Arie is speaking facts like an adult. The world today is full of adult-aged children who never outgrew high school.

It's all, very clearly, her opinion, nothing necessarily "factual" about it.

If you want to agree, say that - but to say that people who are voicing their dissatisfaction with CM, are adult aged children, is itself childish.

People flaming India behind this have a point too. For example -

India spoke tons of facts in her post. And yeh, most of yall act like high-schoolers. "You sang for Trump, so I can't deal with you", how ? childish does that sound? I've lost so much respect for society after the last few years, we really are becoming a joke. Anyone over the age of 25+ who is on this ? needs to seriously needs to re-evaluate what they're really about in life.

So what are you "about" and what you think a lot of people think about what you "act like" ?

Also, India Arie said that she wouldn't have performed and she doesn't agree with it either... which is pretty much what people are saying here. SO how can you agree with her, yet think everyone who disagrees with CM is childish ?

I think the whole coonhunt thing is what makes it childish.

Not sure what you mean by coonhunt, but if it's to say that calling her a ? is childish, then I gotta ask is she a ? or not ? If she did some ? ? , then what's childish about calling her a ? ?

The term is thrown around too much and here recently, it's not even representative of what the ? word actually means. In the rise of "black twitter" in the last 9 years, the word "? " has taken on a new meaning altogether.

I think the word gets overused because there's so many ? out there.. from Kanye to Sheriff clark...

Chrisette may not be a ? , but she did some ? ? for cash, so she's definitely a Sellout if nothing else

Then call it that.

Saying she's coonin for what she's doing is some OD ? ....atleast in my opinion.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This isn't about agreeing with her choice to perform, its about people freezing her out, and calling her a ? . The fact Arie didn't agree with her choice to perform, but.....yet still showed love to her is exactly my point. That's what adults do! We don't have to all agree on things, I sure as hell don't with some of my fam/friends from time to time. But no ? way would I disown them over silly ? like this. Only kids would tease and shun each other over petty BS.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My bad if this was posted already, but here she is on CNN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WlIF2HVX_I
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money Over Everything
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

She didnt come outta that lookin bad. Now I think she needs to leave it alone she probably addressed it enough. Go on cnn and say your viewpoint. Good point about being seen and giving your story (I think thats the better choice) instead of being invisible and uninvolved. Also she said her parents and immediate family were supportive. Dont wanna stay stuck on this too long so I think it wouldnt be a bad idea for her to leave it alone at this point. But its her life and choice
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

She didnt come outta that lookin bad. Now I think she needs to leave it alone she probably addressed it enough. Go on cnn and say your viewpoint. Good point about being seen and giving your story (I think thats the better choice) instead of being invisible and uninvolved. Also she said her parents and immediate family were supportive. Dont wanna stay stuck on this too long so I think it wouldnt be a bad idea for her to leave it alone at this point. But its her life and choice

Her fanbase has been forever crippled. It's not like she can pick up a new fanbase from the Trump crowd.

She lost.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

lets be real tho...

which one of yall ? in here was actively supporting Chrisette Michele like that?

show of hands.

im sure one of you ol "matter of fact i do" ass ? is gonna come in here saying they do just outta spite but lets take this to another level. its not like yall were paying/supporting customers of her work whole time.

also, take a second and reassess the artists you listen to and/or support. what are they talking about? what is their message? what are you buying into with your money?

think about it.

Hol up...

She claimed she didn't do it for money or because her career is suffering... so your entire point moot bruh

My point had nothing to do with whether or not she did it for money. I just asked a question about who in here actually purchases her music or goes to her shows when she's in town.

i saw her w Raphael Saadiq and the Isley Brothers
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    see yall want folk to be all nice is what they describe her.... same with Jim Brown.... u say ? folk get upset.... is ? , step in fetch it, shuck n jiver, or sell out better? The ? she did was not a good look and was coonin no matter how u wanna sugar coat the term.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

She is a ? . All she is doing now is shuckin. "I wanted to show Trump what we looked like". Really ? ? You did it bc you wanted to crossover. Stop lying
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If some one rapes.. dont call them a ? . they just did it that one time
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She said maxwell gave her love and support. U guys gonna boycott Maxwell and India Arie too now? Keep it consistent.

Also, her parents and siblings were supportive of her performing it was her older relatives that werent
    Well, I'll start by saying that my parents and my brothers and my sister have been incredibly supportive. But I do have those older family members who understand the climate of civil rights and understand the activism of the '60s that only see this moment as hopeless. Those people were on the fence about anything American or anything progress in general. Many of those people don't even refer to themselves as Americans. While I love and adore them and I'll always appreciate them, I don't expect them to understand 2017's kind of civil rights activism.
    http://www.bet.com/music/2017/01/25/chrisette-michele-interview.html
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But Maxwell nor India Are performed there so.....
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But Maxwell nor India Are performed there so.....

Ppl are getting called ? in here for arguing for Chrisette Michele....how does Maxwell and India Arie differ?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

she was Nervous as hell... black twitter got her shook
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I didn't even need to see her interview to understand her perspective

I didn't have to hear No political genius to know where she was coming from

you literally sound like a ? "I'm not ? with her cause she performed"

On one hand, you say stop putting entertainers on a pedestal but get mad when one don't act like a politician(full of ? )

Nobody got the answers or we wouldn't be having this argument but a bunch of weak mufuckas think they got the right to look down on her or take her imaginary black card

How ? dare you...don't dare talk down on my lil ? or shoot down her way if you don't have a counter that's been proven to work

Weak ass ? sitting on your rose covered pedestals, throwing stones behind screens while you don't do ? to move the needle
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Weak ass ? sitting on your rose covered pedestals, throwing stones behind screens while you don't do ? to move the needle

A lot of people branding her names probably didn't vote in the presidential elections and secondly with Trump 'the monster' as Prez... what are you as an individual (Black American) gonna do about making his tenure cut short in office?

Looks like this place is gonna be filled up with threads about "? " more often than not... getting tired
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

Did this delusional broad just compare herself to Obama.. SMDH & Rofl...