Clueless coonette Chrisette Michelle x The Breakfast Club…

Options

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll give this coonette credit she's trying really hard to milk this thing for all it's worth...
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was my idea
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She coulda just said it was for respect for the office and she woulda performed for any president and how she is happy a conversation came out of it.

But instead, she is really pushing that im going to fight Hate with Love ? .

To say that means that she knows this dude, Trump, hates her black skin, and his supporters hate her black skin, but somehow she is going to show them that they are wrong by loving them.

I didnt really lose any respect to her for performing. I mean, I was at the gym running on inaguration day, looked up to the tv and saw her and shook my head, but was like ? it, get that check mama. Idk what financial hardships she going through, and 750k aint nothing to shrug your shoulders at.

But, now she talking that I did for a specific reason, to make a change, to show love for people that hate me for my skin color ? and needs to shut the ? up.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maxwell, India and Crisette all on that smooth soul non-mainstream lane musically...

They probably look up for each other... in times like this
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    My bad if this was posted already, but here she is on CNN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WlIF2HVX_I

This ? was a bad idea from her and her team. If yall listen to every interview she has done you can see that she is promoting her new album, her tour and this new tv show she trying do.

Performing at the inauguration was the wrong way to try an reach the masses and promote her new stuff. She actually turned off more people to her new stuff than she actually got to give it a listen.

In the breakfast club interview she plugged her CD, tour and tv show she trying to start filming. She just plugged the cd and the tv on this cnn interview.

She was on Ricky Smiley show yesterday as well. I haven't listened to it so I can't say if she plugged anything or not.

This got her name out there but not in the way that she wanted. Her talking points for why she performed are just ? dumb and make absolutely no ? sense.

The bolded is my takeaway from that interview. I lost the little false respect I had for her. I thought she was a somewhat intelligent artist when I first heard of her. But after hearing this ? , I feel like this ? been full of ? the whole time and probably why she didn't blow up like I thought she should have.

Just sounds way too - either fake, air-headed, or thick-headed.

Instead of saying something concrete, she's talking about she was trying to accomplish some intangible ? .
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My bad if this was posted already, but here she is on CNN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WlIF2HVX_I

This ? was a bad idea from her and her team. If yall listen to every interview she has done you can see that she is promoting her new album, her tour and this new tv show she trying do.

Performing at the inauguration was the wrong way to try an reach the masses and promote her new stuff. She actually turned off more people to her new stuff than she actually got to give it a listen.

In the breakfast club interview she plugged her CD, tour and tv show she trying to start filming. She just plugged the cd and the tv on this cnn interview.

She was on Ricky Smiley show yesterday as well. I haven't listened to it so I can't say if she plugged anything or not.

This got her name out there but not in the way that she wanted. Her talking points for why she performed are just ? dumb and make absolutely no ? sense.

The bolded is my takeaway from that interview. I lost the little false respect I had for her. I thought she was a somewhat intelligent artist when I first heard of her. But after hearing this ? , I feel like this ? been full of ? the whole time and probably why she didn't blow up like I thought she should have.

Just sounds way too - either fake, air-headed, or thick-headed.

Instead of saying something concrete, she's talking about she was trying to accomplish some intangible ? .

It's the bold.

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »

Weak ass ? sitting on your rose covered pedestals, throwing stones behind screens while you don't do ? to move the needle

A lot of people branding her names probably didn't vote in the presidential elections and secondly with Trump 'the monster' as Prez... what are you as an individual (Black American) gonna do about making his tenure cut short in office?

Looks like this place is gonna be filled up with threads about "? " more often than not... getting tired

There are frustrated people about their own lives and choices so they try to misplace it to her choices. It says a lot about people's characters and outlooks on life when they insult and call people names and all that type of thing for them doing their legal job (which is the situation in this case). Like they say point one finger 3 more are pointing at you. Everybody aint gon agree on everything but The people doing all that have issues and its not CM's fault or doing. Like she said black twitter isnt everybody or all black people its like 60000 or whatever. I never been on twitter or none of that I avoid all that insanity. I think she should too. Some people have issues she cant fix. Ultimately thats their issues not hers. They wish she could be their scapegoat but ultimately that type thing doesnt work and they stay in the same place. Gotta understand that.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The point of the matter is as Black ppl we never show an united front on anything cuz of ? like this....if everybody is saying tonight we escaping this plantation. ...there s always be one to say well it s not that bad here .....? just shut ur ass up and start running when everybody else does

United would be not agreeing but having her back and supporting her intent, whether agreeing with the method or not

Who'd she hurt by performing

Oh no, white folks going think less of us now
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The zero ? Donald gave about y'all black ? before Chrisette's performance...

[img]https://cdn.thisiswhyimbroke.com/images/zero-? -given-currency-640x533.jpg[/img]

The zero ? Donald gave about y'all black ? after Chrisette's performance...

13391272_2070108419881009_936536055_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI3MTk4NDMzMjk2MTI2MzQ4MA%3D%3D.2

Nigguhs always try to justify their ? w/ more ? . I would've respected her more if she just said she did it for the $$.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The point of the matter is as Black ppl we never show an united front on anything cuz of ? like this....if everybody is saying tonight we escaping this plantation. ...there s always be one to say well it s not that bad here .....? just shut ur ass up and start running when everybody else does

i ? with this.. who you steal it from

@Elzo69Renaissance
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i ? with this.. who you steal it from

@Elzo69Renaissance

Lmao those were some bars from Elz....we're they my greatest........yes!

Got Him!
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

United would be not agreeing but having her back and supporting her intent, whether agreeing with the method or not

I see u one of those kids the teacher had to read the instructions to very slowly
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see u one of those kids the teacher had to read the instructions to very slowly

That would imply I don't understand your view when I do and disagree
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't even need to see her interview to understand her perspective

I didn't have to hear No political genius to know where she was coming from

you literally sound like a ? "I'm not ? with her cause she performed"

On one hand, you say stop putting entertainers on a pedestal but get mad when one don't act like a politician(full of ? )

Nobody got the answers or we wouldn't be having this argument but a bunch of weak mufuckas think they got the right to look down on her or take her imaginary black card

How ? dare you...don't dare talk down on my lil ? or shoot down her way if you don't have a counter that's been proven to work

Weak ass ? sitting on your rose covered pedestals, throwing stones behind screens while you don't do ? to move the needle

? ...

... Shut up.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

A lot of people branding her names probably didn't vote in the presidential elections and secondly with Trump 'the monster' as Prez... what are you as an individual (Black American) gonna do about making his tenure cut short in office?

Looks like this place is gonna be filled up with threads about "? " more often than not... getting tired

There are frustrated people about their own lives and choices so they try to misplace it to her choices. It says a lot about people's characters and outlooks on life when they insult and call people names and all that type of thing for them doing their legal job (which is the situation in this case). Like they say point one finger 3 more are pointing at you. Everybody aint gon agree on everything but The people doing all that have issues and its not CM's fault or doing. Like she said black twitter isnt everybody or all black people its like 60000 or whatever. I never been on twitter or none of that I avoid all that insanity. I think she should too. Some people have issues she cant fix. Ultimately thats their issues not hers. They wish she could be their scapegoat but ultimately that type thing doesnt work and they stay in the same place. Gotta understand that.
    Gtfoh. Trump is a white supremacist who has said & done alot of harmful things to african americans. He's a unapologetic racist who has surrounded himself with other racists since he became president. He's insulted our whole community multiple times. Now what respectful black man/woman would cosign another black person performing for a racist with ties to white supremacy? Thats like a jew offering to perform for ? after the holocaust. You really cosign that? Yall new ? dont stand for anything
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smh
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was waiting for this one! Twitter was going in on Chrisette during the weekend.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was waiting for this one! Twitter was going in on Chrisette during the weekend.

What this fake ass dilly ? do this time?
  • black caesar
    edited November 2017
    Options

During the weekend, she was making posts about being dropped from Captial Records, suicide, Yoga, having a miscarriage (and the posting a pic of a dead fetus that wasn't even hers.) and how we in the black community that exiled her were "choice shamming" her because she sung for Trump. LOL

The twitter posts disappeared. We went in on her for the Trump signing, not the miscarriage and suicide.
  • black caesar
    Options

During the weekend, she was making posts about being dropped from Captial Records, suicide, Yoga, having a miscarriage (and the posting a pic of a dead fetus that wasn't even hers.) and how we in the black community that exiled her were "choice shamming" her because she sung for Trump. LOL

072d9e6df8565b7a1295615da280947a792a2bce1bcb6f963ee35311af845d56.jpg
    giphy.gif

Yep she said that.