In a PR blitz before his trial, Bill Cosby blames racism for sexual assault claims

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Some of you fatherless ? must of only had ghostdad as a father figure ? bill Cosby and ? them white ? he burnt bridges in the black community when he joined the white lynchmob and started talking ? about black folk now he wants support, ? that go ask them crackers for help

Yeah as much as he threw black people under the bus I still can't side with white women over Cosby.

Why are ya'll ? acting like there are black women accusing him too? Do they not matter? And I thought ya'll super pro-black ? was against all the white women chasers. That ? was up in white ? like it was the fountain of youth, but ya'll got no problem with that now?

Straw man argument.

lol That's not a straw man. It wasn't even an argument just a couple questions and an observation.

You said "Why are ya'll ? acting like there are black women accusing him too? Do they not matter"? Who said that black women don't matter? That is a strawman argument you're trying to argue a point that no one ever made.

Again, that wasn't an argument. It was a question. You said you can't side with white women over Cosby. I'm simply asking about the black accusers. Would you not side with them over Cosby in this case? Saying I'm making an argument implies I'm trying to counter something you've said. I'm not, I'm just asking a question that follows from a statement you made.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Some of you fatherless ? must of only had ghostdad as a father figure ? bill Cosby and ? them white ? he burnt bridges in the black community when he joined the white lynchmob and started talking ? about black folk now he wants support, ? that go ask them crackers for help

Yeah as much as he threw black people under the bus I still can't side with white women over Cosby.

Why are ya'll ? acting like there are black women accusing him too? Do they not matter? And I thought ya'll super pro-black ? was against all the white women chasers. That ? was up in white ? like it was the fountain of youth, but ya'll got no problem with that now?

On a side note, that ? @BOSSExcellence must be fatherless and was raised by Cliff Huxtable on the TV. I've never seen a ? defend a ? he didn't know so passionately. He is way too invested in this ? .

how about he's giving you ? a wake up call about convicting your own based off WHITEWOMEN.

y'all forget hes amonst people with money and the ? accussing him was after quick money....

so the possibility of a payoff for destruction of a once idolzed black man of a generation can be taken down.

tell me 1 idiolized black man that was not taken down eventually?

now you ? helping THEM! not standing by us but standing by them.

without proof.

just remember this..

all you clubbing popping bottles ,weed buying fir the hoes ass ? can be convicted too.

cuz you doing the same thing.

I don't think we should convict Cosby or any other man just because a woman said he did something, white or otherwise. I also don't think we should just assume a ? is innocent just because he's black. What other circumstance can you imagine where 40 - 50 people would come out and accuse someone of something, and people would be like "Naw, he didn't do that. Nope, he's completely innocent."

I've already said I don't believe all these broads, but I also don't believe Cosby did nothing wrong. ? that do nothing wrong don't have a football team of accusers coming after them.

And ya'll ? need to get off this "You're helping them..." ? . I haven't done one thing that's contributed to this man's downfall. That ? ain't in this trouble and he ain't going to court because I said on the IC that I don't believe he's innocent. So, shut that ? up. There's only two ? that can be accused of that. Cosby for putting himself in the situation, and Hannibal Burress for randomly putting him on blast and lighting this fire again.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that proved what?

that an old man is not up to what's currently hip.

so we should take him down for it?

you ? do know y'all will get old one day right?

Wasn't posted to prove anything,other than Bill needs to pull himself up by has bootstraps and stop blaming the white man for his problems. The white man ain't force him to ? around on his loving devoted wife with all these money hunger gold-digging scallywags.

That's the cause of all his woes. A total lack of discipline and family values

Pretty much what he routinely chastised the black community of............
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On a side note, that ? @BOSSExcellence must be fatherless and was raised by Cliff Huxtable on the TV. I've never seen a ? defend a ? he didn't know so passionately. He is way too invested in this ? .

how about he's giving you ? a wake up call about convicting your own based off WHITEWOMEN.

y'all forget hes amonst people with money and the ? accussing him was after quick money....

so the possibility of a payoff for destruction of a once idolzed black man of a generation can be taken down.

without proof.

just remember this..

all you clubbing popping bottles ,weed buying fir the hoes ass ? can be convicted too.

I don't think we should convict Cosby or any other man just because a woman said he did something, white or otherwise. I also don't think we should just assume a ? is innocent just because he's black. What other circumstance can you imagine where 40 - 50 people would come out and accuse someone of something, and people would be like "Naw, he didn't do that. Nope, he's completely innocent."

I've already said I don't believe all these broads, but I also don't believe Cosby did nothing wrong. ? that do nothing wrong don't have a football team of accusers coming after them.

And ya'll ? need to get off this "You're helping them..." ? . I haven't done one thing that's contributed to this man's downfall. That ? ain't in this trouble and he ain't going to court because I don't believe he's innocent. So, shut that ? up. There's only two ? that can be accused of that. Cosby for putting himself in the situation, and Hannibal Burress for randomly putting him on blast and lighting this fire again.

depends on the power of the accuser and those coming for him.

he can settle with but so many
    he can shut down but so many...

but numbers can overwhelm anyone.

my question.....
    as perverted as I have seen white people be, you can't tell me a black man holds the title.

even fox is helping bill orielly.

maybe some of these hoes gitw they bill mixed up
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

that proved what?

that an old man is not up to what's currently hip.

so we should take him down for it?

you ? do know y'all will get old one day right?

Wasn't posted to prove anything,other than Bill needs to pull himself up by has bootstraps and stop blaming the white man for his problems. The white man ain't force him to ? around on his loving devoted wife with all these money hunger gold-digging scallywags.

That's the cause of all his woes. A total lack of discipline and family values

Pretty much what he routinely chastised the black community of............

while on the surface its funny an seems true....

but we know it's deeper than that.

it's crazy how white people day it without challenge..like ok. it's expected but why still allowed.

I don't think most the ? he was saying was directed towards me.

some of it, maybe I need to check myself

other ? he just wrong.
    but di I want him jailed for humbled?

nah...we all need a foot in the ass gut check. I don't see the problem truthfully.

there is a certain elements he was speaking to but too many took it to heart cuz this minority element seem to control the majority mindframe.

I love the outrage an welcome my people to speak up.....I hate the inconsistent ? .

that's my problem

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

without proof.

just remember this..

And ya'll ? need to get off this "You're helping them..." ? . I haven't done one thing that's contributed to this man's downfall. That ? ain't in this trouble and he ain't going to court because I don't believe he's innocent. So, shut that ? up. There's only two ? that can be accused of that. Cosby for putting himself in the situation, and Hannibal Burress for randomly putting him on blast and lighting this fire again.

depends on the power of the accuser and those coming for him.

he can settle with but so many
    he can shut down but so many...

but numbers can overwhelm anyone.

my question.....
    as perverted as I have seen white people be, you can't tell me a black man holds the title.

even fox is helping bill orielly.

maybe some of these hoes gitw they bill mixed up

I don't think Cosby is the worst offender. I'm pretty sure there are no named dudes out there that got 100+ on their list and will never be accused because no one remembers them well enough to make the accusation.

The man is old as hell. I don't care whether he goes to jail or not. He likely doesn't have much longer to live anyway.

I just can't understand the depth of the loyalty some are showing. I mean people on this site are ? on RGIII right now for having a white fiance. Bill had a full on white fetish, and that's cool? People on here call Ray Lewis, Jerry Rice, and others ? for a few ill advised and ignorant tweets. Bill went on a national tour throwing the black community under the bus, and it's all good. I just want to know why you can ignore all the ? that he did to ride or die for him in a situation where he more than likely did do some ? up ? even if it's not as bad as what he's being accused of. But others get excommunicated with a quickness. I know black people love the Cosby Show, but it wasn't that damn good to be affording him the immunity he's being given by some of you.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so basically a ? cant tell ? ? unless he perfect!!?

okay..
    got it..

yall will take his money go to college but cant take his criticism!!?
    yeh..

two.. mothers!!
    Na fam. What Cosby was doing was belittling his ppl. He was talking down to us. This ? taking FOX news talking points and running with it. How does a BLACK man criticize his OWN ppl for naming their kids BLACK names? This ? 's a ? supremacist

Bill's message would have been fine....tough love is commendable and needed .

But his critiques and criticism WERE NOT coming from a place of love and understanding.

But from resentment and annoyance.

As stated,he was talking down to black people,(patronizing & condescending) like an outsider would, not someone who was apart of the black community
    and ultimately that's why his message never resonated and he ended up catching so much negative backlash

And NOW he want's to use this "The white man is out to get me..." ploy to gain favor from the very people he spurn
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with baba ? Gregory. Can't no entertainer tell you ? about life or society especially when they have been isolated for so long. You speaking at a commencement or making public statements will only give you a sample size of what's actually going on
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

do you feel the same about ? who make black areas hard to live in?

or is that fukkery ok until a white woman gets hurt?

stay consistent

He is making black areas hard to live in, when he spewed all that ? white people would use his words to justify their treatment of us and I'm one of the only ones who gave zero ? about that white ? getting power bombed while you ? were shedding crocodile tears so miss me with that ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

okay..
    got it..

yeh..

two.. mothers!!
    Na fam. What Cosby was doing was belittling his ppl. He was talking down to us. This ? taking FOX news talking points and running with it. How does a BLACK man criticize his OWN ppl for naming their kids BLACK names? This ? 's a ? supremacist

But his critiques and criticism WERE NOT coming from a place of love and understanding.

As stated,he was talking down to black people,(patronizing & condescending) like an outsider would, not someone who was apart of the black community
    and ultimately that's why his message never resonated and he ended up catching so much negative backlash

And NOW he want's to use this "The white man is out to get me..." ploy to gain favor from the very people he spurn

Yeah, and to add on, he had the first big incident, and some were mad but some expressed some agreement. Everyone believed he just needed to be more responsible about where he said ? like that and more tactful in how he said it. He basically ignored all that and made a point of repeating the same rhetoric in the same way over and over again.

If he really was coming from a positive place with it, he would have at least tried to adjust in order to reach people.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

stay consistent

He is making black areas hard to live in, when he spewed all that ? white people would use his words to justify their treatment of us and I'm one of the only ones who gave zero ? about that white ? getting power bombed while you ? were shedding crocodile tears so miss me with that ?

[img]http://vevmo.com/sites/default/files/Thats-? -GIFS.gif[/img]

They never needed to use Cosby's words to justify a got damn thing about how we've ALWAYS been treated in this country.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Straw man argument.

lol That's not a straw man. It wasn't even an argument just a couple questions and an observation.

You said "Why are ya'll ? acting like there are black women accusing him too? Do they not matter"? Who said that black women don't matter? That is a strawman argument you're trying to argue a point that no one ever made.

Again, that wasn't an argument. It was a question. You said you can't side with white women over Cosby. I'm simply asking about the black accusers. Would you not side with them over Cosby in this case? Saying I'm making an argument implies I'm trying to counter something you've said. I'm not, I'm just asking a question that follows from a statement you made.

I said that since the majority are white women. Out of 50 there are like 4 black women accusing him. And my last point is that I believe in innocent until proven otherwise
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    There might be some racism behind the difference between how he is being treated vs some others, but even then, that might be a stretch.

At this point, dude is pretty much accused of being the Michael Jordan of ? , so it stands to reason he'd get more press than the other violators. There is also the fact that he actually admitted to buying Quaaludes for the purpose of sex with women.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/bill-cosby-quaaludes-sexual-assault-allegations/

Sometimes there is no conspiracy to take a ? down. Sometimes ? are just guilty.

y'know there was a time when blacks and whites couldnt marry.. let alone be together..

point bein we cant judge and condemn a man for somethin he did in a different time and era..

? willingly took them ? back in the day not to fall asleep but for the euphoric feeling...
    EVERYONE WAS DOIN IT..

u dont go to no ? drug party get ? on and 50yrs later say because u were under the influence u was ? ..

? get all the way the ? outta here.
    u got ? !

did this man cheat on his wife??
    sure..
    did he ? these ? ?? by today's standards yes.. seein as if u so much as look at a ? and think nasty thoughts witout her consent its ? ..

but it wasnt ? 50yrs ago orelse they wouldve hung his black ass..

Would you say the same thing about the "reformed" racists from the 50 years ago?

And from my understanding Quaaludes ain't like alcohol where a chick may be doing what she really wants to do anyway while under the influences. Quaaludes knock people out. So I'm not sure how you figure that a dude giving drugs to a chick and then having sex with that chick while she's unconscious or close to it is not ? .

they mixed the drug wit ? ..

people saw the wolf of wallstreet movie and took it as it made u a zombie based off that scene wit the lambo..
    but negate the fact they said in the very same movie if u RESIST the urge to GO TO SLEEP u experience the best high..

iunno.. tho..
    i wasnt there and i dont do drugs..
    but those were the drug OF CHOICE back in the day and u had to be somebody to have them so ofcourse ? go flock to the stars..

Bill bein one of them..

? knew what they was doin..
    to this day ? ? for fire weed..

so miss me wit the ? ..
    a white ? clamin a black man ? her back then?? and white men okay wit it!?

? please..

? , I've never seen the Wolf of Wall Street. I have seen two CaCs go to jail for using Quaaludes to knock chicks out and ? them. So believe what you want. None of us know what happened, but the way you defending him makes it seem like you wish it was you that he was ? .

the irony in this statement is if i was the one enraged it would seem as if i wish it was me that was bein ? ..
    thats not the case wit me..

but is wit u..

alot of u ? in here got that whole "oh he was too good to ? me then look at him now..." vibe goin on..

i can understand whitey's vendetta against him..
    but im tryin to figure out why u ? so hurt?!

never before have i seen ? so eager to join the lynchmobb KNOWIN this country's history..

but here we have sucka ? like u..

because he told them to take responsibility, pull up their pants and some ? about pound cake.

this is fukkery.

you can tell ? aint got fathers or someone who pushed them....

his job is to make others better an it's not always gonna sound nice....but because of that y'all want to see a black man who helped many black people become better just not you.....but that's the man you want taken down?

an that's not ? tio Tom fukkery?

not that he ? your mother but because he said pull ya pants up.

but then let's also say ? get money an never give back.

?

smdh

maybe I should just stay in the reason an social lounge. lawd knows I shoulda known
    intelligence and a hiphop site would be rare.

Because you're a poster that exhibits intelligent debate topics on a consistent basis...
  • ghostdog56
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

stay consistent

They never needed to use Cosby's words to justify a got damn thing about how we've ALWAYS been treated in this country.

But they need ? like him to keep up appearances

x23a2xdwmbke.jpg
  • blackrain
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    The same ? that lectured ? for years and gave us the ? ? pound cake speech?

im the same ? that be lecturing my cousins and lil homies..

ur point??
    u got kids?? probably not..

good!
    but i got custody of one who jus turned 16 and another thats 17 and i be on these ? head about they grades and behavior in school..

maybe i should jus shut the ? up cause who am i to talk right??

If you start ? hoes...yes you should have a coke and a smile and shut the ? up

Look BossHuxtable this aint ending well for ya daddy...it just aint

cause he ? them cause they said so?!

and u right..
    its a very strong possibility this wont end well for him..
    its jus telling how u ? cheer the game on tho!?

all im sayin is dont pick and choose when to root..
    if u down wit the system and how it works be all the way down wit it..

yall ? really applaudin the destruction of ur own..
    this ? is crazy to me.

Or maybe the destruction of a man accused of sexually assaulting women....this you gotta ride for a person just because they're black no matter what is destructive and naive as ?

have you been watching the news and black lives matter?

guess not

Trust me I've got more personal experience with BLM than most people on this site due to an extremely unfortunate set of circumstances...that has ? to do with the point I made and the point you're trying to make about not participating in the destruction of someone simply because we share the same skin color.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

stay consistent

But they need ? like him to keep up appearances

x23a2xdwmbke.jpg

And Cosby did none and was none of those things.

Try again!

For the record I agree with that quote but that don't apply to Cosby
  • blackrain
    Options

okay..
    got it..

yeh..

two.. mothers!!

Defending a man you don't know like he's your daddy and who has ? on people like you while claiming people were raised by 2 mothers and are being sensitive....
    zkpq6rm0ckt3.gif

but it was on for him to use his money to help build generation wealth for those black people he wasn't talking about?

must be three sides

You realize a person can do both good and bad things in their life right? This ? put money up...he also actively abandoned his kids and cheated on his wife repeatedly while lambasting the black community for the same behavior he was actively engaging in.
  • blackrain
    Options

okay..
    got it..

yeh..

two.. mothers!!

Yeah, and to add on, he had the first big incident, and some were mad but some expressed some agreement. Everyone believed he just needed to be more responsible about where he said ? like that and more tactful in how he said it. He basically ignored all that and made a point of repeating the same rhetoric in the same way over and over again.

If he really was coming from a positive place with it, he would have at least tried to adjust in order to reach people.

That's another interesting point. @2stepz_ahead how can you ride so hard for Bill and talk about not tearing him down in public when he spent years doing that very same thing to black folks publicly. Don't you have kids by multiple women? Don't you admittedly have bad relationships with them? Haven't you been in ? up situations? You are one of the ? he was talking down to. The same man you're riding for don't give a ? about you?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    okay im up..

where's the lesbian!!
  • CapitalB
    Options

okay..
    got it..

yeh..

two.. mothers!!

That's another interesting point. @2stepz_ahead how can you ride so hard for Bill and talk about not tearing him down in public when he spent years doing that very same thing to black folks publicly. Don't you have kids by multiple women? Don't you admittedly have bad relationships with them? Haven't you been in ? up situations? You are one of the ? he was talking down to. The same man you're riding for don't give a ? about you?

? @2stepz_ahead is harder on himself about his situation than Cosby was..
    but see thats a real ? for u..

he made mistakes and didnt want a pat on the head for it..

he obviously had a mother and father or father figure in his upbringing. lmmfao
  • ghostdog56
    Options
    That ? bill should have taken his own advice start at 19:20 Mark

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMyVqOipisI

0ygdicrazfd0.gif
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Preacher should take they own advice as well..
    but we know how u ? loooooove a good sermon..

a ? says ? that makes u feel good u give him money..
    u love him..

a ? says ? that makes u look in that mirror.. and gives YOU money..
    u hate that man..

? !
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Instead of posting the article just post the video. Nobody will listen to it but this is Cosby in his own words and using his own tone.

https://youtu.be/_Gh3_e3mDQ8

That's the pound cake speech. There are several others.

Listen to his words "IT can't speak English, IT doesn't want to speak English. Dude was talking about PEOPLE but calling them IT.

But, you need to temper that.

In the following clip
    https://youtu.be/kGqlrVmVULc

Where Cosby points out some very pertinent issues.

He's polarizing, that's for sure. I was offended in 2008 or whatever when these comments and many others were made but I can see the truth in some of them too.

All that said: its got nothing to do with him ? women. I doubt this happening because he is black too. He was just as black decades ago when the allegations were originally lobbied against him. The difference is that people are far more sensitive to this kind of stuff than they used to be.

It was easy to brush this ? off in the 70s or the 80s hell even the 90s because there was no internet and because he was more popular in mainstream America than he is now.

This is nobody's fault except Cosby's. All these affairs and outside kids, his statements and attitudes have eroded what good will he had with people now folks are willing to put him under the magnifying glass. This wouldn't have happened in 1987 and for several reasons.
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Options
    First off... I admittedly clock out of ? fairly quickly...simply cuz I don't give enough ? about it cuz I ain't got ? vested in it...

Anyway... As I already stated... None of these broads speak of this ? in "? vernacular". They don't recall the details in a manner that screams "I was ? !" I unfortunately know far too many women who have suffered ? .....and NONE of them run the accounts back like these chicks. NOT A ONE! These chicks, again as I said, simply sound like they was ? . If anything...they sound like they gave up the ? ...with the thought in mind that they have magical, gold-rimmed snatch...and it would be suffice to pull him away from his wife...........and it DIDN'T....and they been ? ever since. Because that DOES happen........OFTEN. So they been stewin on the thought all 50-some-odd years like..."I gave up the ? .....MULTIPLE times....and he STILL with that ? Camille?!?!?!? Awe hell naw! He got his comin!"

About his so called "confession" to obtaining drugs for women he wanted to sleep with......SO! Who hasn't done that? Cuz see...the question wasn't posed as "Did you obtain drugs TO GIVE TO WOMEN UNKNOWINGLY in order to sleep with them?" (Again, maybe I missed something...but I haven't heard anybody express that explicitely) He simply stated that he got drugs for women. And that he was also interested in sleeping with these women. ? smoke wit broads...drink wit broads...pop pills wit broads... ? that mean??? It's two completely seperate details of you wantin to ? on somebody.......yet also having access to drugs/alcohol. Unless you actually DO get the ? to give unbeknowst to them...but again...the question wasn't phrased like that.

And I personally don't think he was "shittin on black people". He ain't say ? that my grandfather, grandmother, mama, or daddy wouldn't and haven't said. So nobody should give advice if they ? up? That would leave a quiet ass world. If you walkin down the street and step in a pothole...and somebody you care about is behind you...are you NOT going to turn around and say something about the pothole? ? is just way too sensitive wit that rhetoric. It's not like he said you ? is the ? of the earth or some ? .

Or did he.....and I missed that too???