Multiple fatalities reported in England at stadium where Ariana Grande performed

Options

Comments

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    northside7 wrote: »
    Keep your head Up UK and Manchester. Condolences to all the Families and Children affected.

How do people get explosives in public arenas without being foiled by security, terrible lapse in counterterrorism by UK Govt especially during election season.

The person either had clearance or knew someone that did. Or it could really be a lapse in security which would be even worse considering everything that's happened in the UK since 2005.

This is not a good look for Theresa May's govt , thats two major terrorist attacks under her watch in a space of 3 months, and this is worse coz random car driving into people is harder to foil than monitoring purchase of explosive material there has not been an explosive attack in the UK for 10 years, and uk has high state surveillance than most countries, its crazy.

You get checked before it starts not after here he turned up after the concert and let the bomb of in the foyer near the ticket office where people was waiting for their kids I believe.. as sad it sounds Theresa may has had a nightmare over the last couple days she will now spin this in her favour sadly.

All round it's terrible he went to attack children and the truth is no government knows how to tackle the ideology

But even after the concert/ Large public gatherings dont you have UK cops surveying orderly exit of people ? I do concur it works more in May's favor and hardliner Brexiteers.

Moreover my question has to do with counter intelligence and counterterrorism how is it in 2017 its still possible to buy material to make an explosive device especially now terrorist because of constant monitoring have resorted to driving cars into people. Dude should have been caught at a hardware store already.

People know the answer to tackling this but noone wants to admit it coz it make people uncomfortable....

Yes but its not like dude was walking around wit a sign saying he has a bomb on him, think i heard it was in a backpack so next to impossible to tell him apart from the thousands of others
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A 23 year old arrested in Manchester.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    How do you go to war with random extremist?

that's the million dollar question...

There is no easy answer.

You got to war vs their ideology... and thats like going to war with air.. See White Supremacy or any extremism
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options

how is it that they scoop these ? so quick after an attack than anticipating such attacks ?
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reports say the man arrested is not connected to last nights attack, people are very scared and the police are not playing any games, police are out with their guns all over the city even heard that armed police have been seen in local towns.
  • fortyacres
    Options
    ISIL claimed the attack as per usual
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is no easy answer.

You got to war vs their ideology... and thats like going to war with air.. See White Supremacy or any extremism

easier said than done
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So who deleted my post and why?
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is no easy answer.

Go to war vs. their ideology?

It's war period. The same White Supremacists mechanisms that are at work in the US are being played out in our foreign policies. And the "opposition" is bringing the war to streets of those attacking, provoking, adding and abetting.

How is dropping bombs on Hospitals and innocents not extreme? How is occupying entire countries not extreme?
    I am always amazed how many Black Americans are willing to oppose our domestic terrorism and rebel against White Supremacists speach. But will quickly change their tune to mimic White Supremacists when concerning Americas foreign policies.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    So it was a suicide bomer hitting all the bad mothers teaching their daughters bad habits.

I guess the mod in question didn't like seeing ? over and over, but that's the sentiment a lot of Islamics have towards western women.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Said it before and Ill say it again....these are the consequences of war....you cant just bomb other nations without expecting to get hit yourself.

Now we can go on and pretend this is just terrorism...but the root of the problems lay within the wars of west asia n africa and if those mofos could, they would do fly bys in their JSF n f16s n drop armed forces just like Nato and co do...
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Some crazy sh-t man.

I don't know the full details, but how does someone get passed security check points at such a large arena with bombs? Whats crazy is that there seems to be some interesting coincidences at the moment.

Right now the UK is going through some election campaigns. The conservative party and labor party are going at it.

PM Theresa May, who reps the establishment conservative party, and Jeremy Corbyn who reps the progressive labour party.

Cenk, from The Young Turks recently posted a video, chiming in on results of some new polls (May 18-19, 2017).

https://www.youtube.com/embed/65LaGMeIxUI

Conservative Party 44%
    Labour Party 35%

Once a deficit of 24 points, now down to 9... single digits. Corbyn is actual change, and establishment don't want it.

I now see her, PM May on the news... its sad but I think of the unscrupulous acts of politics. I'm not shouting conspiracy, but I see how people could believe. Nonetheless, this is some saddening stuff.

Pray for the UK
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

There is no easy answer.

It's war period. The same White Supremacists mechanisms that are at work in the US are being played out in our foreign policies. And the "opposition" is bringing the war to streets of those attacking, provoking, adding and abetting.

How is dropping bombs on Hospitals and innocents not extreme? How is occupying entire countries not extreme?
    I am always amazed how many Black Americans are willing to oppose our domestic terrorism and rebel against White Supremacists speach. But will quickly change their tune to mimic White Supremacists when concerning Americas foreign policies.

You inferred alot of ? from what i said.. You got the absolute answer now.... You dont have a golden Halo of enlightenment cut it out

@Kwan Dai
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Said it before and Ill say it again....these are the consequences of war....you cant just bomb other nations without expecting to get hit yourself.

Now we can go on and pretend this is just terrorism...but the root of the problems lay within the wars of west asia n africa and if those mofos could, they would do fly bys in their JSF n f16s n drop armed forces just like Nato and co do...

You cant name a single factor and say this is the reason why the middle east has these problems. Americas foreign policy is definetly one of the major factors, but there are more, and some are self inflicted by Muslims too.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how is it that they scoop these ? so quick after an attack than anticipating such attacks ?

UK got cctv cameras everywhere. My next bet is a false flag attack.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Almost impossible. Also add that these terrorists will use any method possible to do harm and ? people.

How u go to war with it is remove the conditions that makes extremism easy to buy into.
  • fortyacres
    Options

I highly doubt 22 dead kids and parents are a false flag.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

I highly doubt 22 dead kids and parents are a false flag.

I think he means it was a planned attack but not by ISIL or whatever.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is no easy answer.

FACTS, was just about to post something very similar to the bold.

That ? baffles me to no end
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

You cant name a single factor and say this is the reason why the middle east has these problems. Americas foreign policy is definetly one of the major factors, but there are more, and some are self inflicted by Muslims too.

S9
    AZTG wrote: »

The UK has armed forces in Syria and waged war in Afganistan n Iraq the past 15 or so years...im not saying they are they reasons the mid east has this problems, Im simply stating they are in war.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

There is no easy answer.

FACTS, was just about to post something very similar to the bold.

That ? baffles me to no end

What about Black on Black crime....